Type keyword(s) to search

S24: Kym (Johnson) Herjavec

• Start Topic

Kym being back is one of the only things that could have tempted me to come back to this show.

Although with the partner she has I don't know if she'll be long for this season.... (EDIT - Apparently the judges liked Robert's performance a lot more than I did)

Edited by Kromm

The idea of Kym Johnson and a really wealthy billionaire was just too exciting to pass up. Kym is back after being absent for 3 seasons, I thought she loved judging in Australia DWTS, so what would lore her back?  When I read about the latest possible love affair I remember an article I read about best buddies Cheryl Burke and Kym and the impression I got was Kym loves the finer things in life. So maybe the show thought it would be fun to play off of that, and the fact she already partnered another high roller  Mark Cuban before he was a Shark: 

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/08/fashion/08night.html

So yeah, I think the fling with Robert is pure manufacture, if something develops from it, then who is to say?   I also think it was a perfect time to finally take the heat off of Val, the showmance thing has backfired and maybe he just told the powers that be he doesn't want to play that game anymore.  

Edited by Andiethewestie

About Kym and the Australia show - it looks like it's currently fall only, so no problem doing the US spring show.

Except when interviewed in December she wanted to start a couple of businesses there. That would be difficult to hop on a 20 hour flight  jest sayin'

(edited)

She's got a new dance studio opening so a little publicity would be good for that I guess.  Though I have to wonder if she wanted someone who would likely be out within the first few weeks just so she could have some fun without getting into serious competition.  (Love Kym, btw. Happy to have her back even if it's a short stint.)

Edited by Uke
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I'm really surprised she's back, since I thought she said she was hanging up her dancing shoes for good after she and Robert got married.

Yep, she definitely doesn't need the money!

On 3/2/2017 at 1:45 PM, dwtsgueststars said:

She recently bought Richard Simmons' studio - free PR I guess.

Geez. He sold Slimmins? Did he come out of hiding to do it, or was it all through his lawyers?

12 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Geez. He sold Slimmins? Did he come out of hiding to do it, or was it all through his lawyers?

"Simmons, 68, broke the news of his studio's closing last month on Facebook, writing, "Some of you may have heard that Slimmons will close next month. While it is true, it has been an amazing part of my life to teach, meet and support people from all over the world. I want to thank everyone who has come through those studio doors to laugh, cry and sweat with me! Remember to keep sweatin.'" "

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/richard-simmons-speaks-closing-fitness-studio/story?id=43643060

(note: re "last month", the news report is dated 11/18/2016)

What's weird is, his twitter https://twitter.com/TheWeightSaint/ is still posting tweets almost daily, right up to today Mar. 3.  I don't know if Kym (her team) is keeping his twitter going or if he is doing it.   Maybe she bought the rights to use his name in conjunction with the studio for a period of time or maybe she's making a slow conversion from him to her?  

(edited)
1 hour ago, Uke said:

"Simmons, 68, broke the news of his studio's closing last month on Facebook, writing, "Some of you may have heard that Slimmons will close next month. While it is true, it has been an amazing part of my life to teach, meet and support people from all over the world. I want to thank everyone who has come through those studio doors to laugh, cry and sweat with me! Remember to keep sweatin.'" "

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/richard-simmons-speaks-closing-fitness-studio/story?id=43643060

(note: re "last month", the news report is dated 11/18/2016)

What's weird is, his twitter https://twitter.com/TheWeightSaint/ is still posting tweets almost daily, right up to today Mar. 3.  I don't know if Kym (her team) is keeping his twitter going or if he is doing it.   Maybe she bought the rights to use his name in conjunction with the studio for a period of time or maybe she's making a slow conversion from him to her?  

Well, if you've heard of (it's been in the news this week) or even been listening to the Missing Richard Simmons Podcast, him selling the studio must figure into the strange story of his total disappearance, not only from public view, but him also cutting off all of his friends without a word. It's been widely debated if the person tweeting and posting on Facebook is even him.

So not only is Kym buying his beloved studio really interesting, but newsworthy this week (because the podcast is #1 on the iTunes chart this week, as well as being cited/reviewed in dozens of major news outlets this week).

Edited by Kromm

Love that Kym is back.  The news doesn't seem to bring her up as coming back as much as they do Maks and Peta.  That's kinda sad, they should give her some kudos too.....I'm not real sure Mr T is gonna be around long, so not of of Kym.  Still sweet lady.