Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Sister Act

• Start Topic

Brandi stated, as a fact, to Lisa R that Kim fell off the wagon! It was Brandi that stated that on camera first, Lisa R took Brandi at her word. JS

Exactly.  Lisa "decided" nothing.  Brandi opened her big fat mouth and told her.  And coupled with what LisaR has seen and experienced with her own eyes, she had no reason to believe it wasn't true.

It certainly confirmed what Lisa was thinking, but it was Brandi I've-Got-Your-Back-Boo Glanville who betrayed Kim's trust.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 7

I've been somewhat confused by some of the posts in this thread so I rewatched Sister Act tonight.  Brandi mentioning a "2am phone call from Kim" must have happened on the driveway after the poker game because it didn't happen in Sister Act.  She said "late night phone call" to Kyle at the gay mixer.

I was glad to see that LisaR was brought up tonight.  I had no idea that she was friends with Kyle.   I understand she had a limo from hell ride with Kim so she has a right to speak up but her friendship with Kyle adds another layer.  While watching Sister Act tonight, I'm pretty sure that LisaR referred to Brandi as an addict in the limo ride to the Burbank Film Festival.  They were discussing why Brandi acts the way she does and that's what I heard from LisaR.  I don't believe Brandi is an addict nor do I believe she's an alcoholic.  I think Brandi lacks class, self-control, exhibits inappropriate behavior (even when sober) but mostly I think Brandi is a bad drunk.  She has a hard time controlling her impulses when she's sober so when she's had a few too many, there's nothing holding her back.   She's not someone I would want to socialize with or want as a friend.

I've seen posts on this thread saying that during Brandi and LisaR's lunch meeting, Brandi said Kim fell off the wagon.  That didn't happen.  She said "If anyone said Kim fell off the wagon, she'd kill her and herself."  I'm not too sure about the kill part of that quote.  Brandi did mumble when saying it.  Brandi also said Kim used a patch for her hernia and that she did not see Kim take a drink or a pill.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

That's why I think Kyle is using Lipsa as her mouthpiece.  She was burned when she shouted out Kim's problems, and physically attacked her, so she's got her good friend Lipsa to do it for her this time.

When did Kyle physically attack Kim?

No, none of us know LisaR, though Kyle knows her very well as I have been informed about on this board, thank you very much. It must have been terrible for LisaR...even Kim was surprised by what came out of her mouth. LisaR has barely been able to talk about anything else besides addiction especially on the hour long limo ride back home with Kyle the day of the poker game. Then there's the mixer and lunch with Brandi...more addiction gossip and innuendo.

Yay sarcasm.

My point is, the only one who has even halfway agreed with her is Brandi.  I don't think LisaR would put herself in such an awkward place where noone is on camera agreeing with her unless it was her own idea.  I don't see her as doing it as a favor to Kyle.

• Love 2

I have it On Demand and I'll check it. I never heard anyone say Kim was "off the wagon," lol.

I remember it clearly. Brandi said Kim was "off the wagon." She said it in a TH. Maybe later, too, but definitely in a TH.

None of us really know LisaR, but I don't get the feeling that she's saying these things for Kyle. I think she's saying these things cuz she was stuck in a car for an hour or more with Kim acting crazy and nobody seeming to explain.

Thank you! Exactly. If it walks like a duck....

• Love 4

So LisaR is a good friend of Kyles and knows all about Kim and her sobriety. Now that she's featured as a cast member, I can't say I blame Kim for turning to Brandi and no longer trusting Kyle. In the event Kim is off the wagon she might be leery of LisaR and might not have talked to her. No wonder Kim was so upset that LisaR called Kyle to inform her about Kim's behavior in the limo.

That is typical addict behavior-get mad at Lisar for telling her sister instead Kim should be mad at herself for causing Lisar fear and anxiety.

• Love 4

I have it On Demand and I'll check it. I never heard anyone say Kim was "off the wagon," lol.

Please do watch it On Demand.  I just did and posted about it.  Unless I'm losing my hearing, Brandi did NOT tell LisaR  that Kim fell off the wagon.

• Love 2

So Kim is believable when she praises Kyle, but a liar when she criticizes her?  Interesting.

I'm not sure if you're responding to me, but it seems as though you are.

And no, that's not what I said or even implied.  My point was that Brandi is taking advantage of Kim's altered state and precarious situation to mind-control her.  I don't find Kim believable pretty much ever.

If you were responding to someone else, I apologize for misunderstanding.

So Kim is believable when she praises Kyle, but a liar when she criticizes her?  Interesting.

Kim and Kyle fight like 5 year old kids. She said this but she said that first. Add into the mix/sister drama, Kim's past drug use, her very spotty memory and what we have seen on the show and, Yes, what Kim says is open to question. The love/hate that between these 2 sisters is strong, very strong. Kyle is not the perfect sister and handles Kim's problems badly a lot of the time but Kim is even more mean, IMO, and enjoys hurting Kyle. I would not want to be around either but could deal with Kyle far easier than Kim but that is just me.

• Love 3

I didn't say that LisaR knows "all about Kim".  I said that she likely knows a lot more than we do since she & Kyle have been friends for a long time.  She knows Kim too.  Not as well as she knows Kyle, but I'm sure Kim is aware that LisaR has seen her in circumstances in which she was very much not sober.   They most certainly have been attending many of the same parties & events for many years.  I'm sure lots of people in BH have seen Kim stumbling, slurring, and all the rest.  No, LisaR is not an expert on addiction, but she's seen enough to know that Kim is in huge trouble.  If we - the viewing public - are well aware of that, then of course people who she actually interacts with are aware as well.   And, all of that aside, she was in the limo with Kim.  And we all saw how that went down.

Kim is really, truly out of her mind if she thinks she can trust Brandi more than she can trust Kyle.  Brandi - who has humiliated Kim several times since joining the show, most pointedly at a reunion talking about her "shit-stained pillow".  Brandi - who has had friendships with one person after another until things turn ugly and they are suddenly Public Enemy #1.  Brandi - who has gleefully spilled secrets about other people on the show.  Brandi - who is showing classic abusive behavior by keeping Kim all to herself as much as possible and by telling her, "Kyle wants you to fail", "No one cares about you like I do".   No one cares about her!  Not her children!  Not Monty!  Not Kathy!  Not any of her nieces or nephews!  None of her friends!   She has no one!  Just Brandi.  That's an enormously cruel - and yes, abusive - thing to do to someone, anyone, but even more so to someone with Kim's problems and history.

We saw with our own eyes Kim talking about how Kyle has been a good sister, has been there for her, and "nothing can come between us".  We also saw Kim trying to express that to Brandi, and Brandi talking her out of it.  That bitch Brandi has alienated pretty much everyone on this show, and there's a reason for that.  She cares about no one except herself and she has proven that time and time again.  She is taking advantage of Kim's fragile and precarious state by convincing her that Brandi is all she has.  It's sick and demented, and feeds Brandi's ego while playing with Kim's life.

And this idiot Brandi is the same one who says that Kim is sober until she says she's not.  Please, dear Lord, if I am ever in a similar situation to Kim's, please do not send me a friend like Brandi.

Funny someone told me Brandi said to LisaR that Kim was off the wagon. I remember it as you stated it (in bold above).

I was surprised at how very hostile Kim was toward LisaR in the limo ride to the poker party. I thought maybe they were fighting in the car and we were watching a chopped up edited scene.

Everyone knows about Brandi...I ask myself what happened that drove Kim into Brandi's arms. Also what happened to drive a wedge between Kim and her sister Kyle. Maybe she was afraid that Kyle and LisaR were going to confront her about falling off the wagon and she knew Brandi wouldn't. It could be as simple as that. But since we have no idea of what has gone down between the sisters off camera we can only speculate...which we have done in spades...poker anyone.

By the way if indeed Kim is so easily influenced by Brandi, as you suggest(Kim's fragile and precarious state) she really needs to be under professional care...none of this half-azz cast member voodoo for addiction intervention 101.

It wasn't a TH IIRC , Brandi told her ffiend Jennifer Gimenez during her recap of Poker Night that kim felt off the wagon those were her literal words. she talked also about the 2:00a.m calls, the TH might had been filmed later but Brandi did mention the call way before she filmed that TH

• Love 3

Kim and Kyle fight like 5 year old kids. She said this but she said that first. Add into the mix/sister drama, Kim's past drug use, her very spotty memory and what we have seen on the show and, Yes, what Kim says is open to question. The love/hate that between these 2 sisters is strong, very strong. Kyle is not the perfect sister and handles Kim's problems badly a lot of the time but Kim is even more mean, IMO, and enjoys hurting Kyle. I would not want to be around either but could deal with Kyle far easier than Kim but that is just me.

I agree with you.   I wouldn't want to be around either one of them but especially not Kim.

These two aren't doing their family any favors by behaving this way on TV.  I don't know all of their backstory but I do know that there have been problems between them for many years.  Didn't Kim claim to be the bread winner for the entire family?  I also remember something about Kim claiming that Kyle stole her house.  I have no idea what that was about either but their problems are not new.

Remember that old adage "People judge you by the company you keep" - We can't really judge Kim for being friends with Brandi on a reality TV show.  Most of these women are probably not friends in real life and I have no idea who Kim's friends are.  I do know that Kyle is friends with Fay Resnick and Kris Jenner and that speaks volumes to me so I wouldn't want to be around Kyle either.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
That's why I think Kyle is using Lipsa as her mouthpiece.  She was burned when she shouted out Kim's problems, and physically attacked her, so she's got her good friend Lipsa to do it for her this time.

When did Kyle physically attack Kim?

Limo, Adrienne had to hold her back.

• Love 1

It wasn't a TH IIRC , Brandi told her ffiend Jennifer Gimenez during her recap of Poker Night that kim felt off the wagon those were her literal words. she talked also about the 2:00a.m calls, the TH might had been filmed later but Brandi did mention the call way before she filmed that TH

Thank you for clearing that up.   It was obvious to the entire world that Kim fell off the wagon by the way she behaved at the poker game.  Kim blamed it on a pill she got from Monty.  Her behavior was so bizarre that I would guess it was the result of some mind bending drug and not alcohol.  Kim may want to believe that she's sober because she didn't have a drink but pill popping is just another addiction.

I don't remember the TH but since I plan on being snowbound for the next day or so, I might watch the last two episodes again.

• Love 1

Thank you for clearing that up.   It was obvious to the entire world that Kim fell off the wagon by the way she behaved at the poker game.  Kim blamed it on a pill she got from Monty.  Her behavior was so bizarre that I would guess it was the result of some mind bending drug and not alcohol.  Kim may want to believe that she's sober because she didn't have a drink but pill popping is just another addiction.

I don't remember the TH but since I plan on being snowbound for the next day or so, I might watch the last two episodes again.

Right before Jennifer (the chick with the clown make up) came over Brandi said something to the effect that Kim has to admit she fell off the wagon.  So if you are looking for it that is where IIRC you will find it.\

• Love 2

Right before Jennifer (the chick with the clown make up) came over Brandi said something to the effect that Kim has to admit she fell off the wagon.  So if you are looking for it that is where IIRC you will find it.\

Thank you! 

I've been somewhat confused by some of the posts in this thread so I rewatched Sister Act tonight.  Brandi mentioning a "2am phone call from Kim" must have happened on the driveway after the poker game because it didn't happen in Sister Act.  She said "late night phone call" to Kyle at the gay mixer.

I was glad to see that LisaR was brought up tonight.  I had no idea that she was friends with Kyle.   I understand she had a limo from hell ride with Kim so she has a right to speak up but her friendship with Kyle adds another layer.  While watching Sister Act tonight, I'm pretty sure that LisaR referred to Brandi as an addict in the limo ride to the Burbank Film Festival.  They were discussing why Brandi acts the way she does and that's what I heard from LisaR.  I don't believe Brandi is an addict nor do I believe she's an alcoholic.  I think Brandi lacks class, self-control, exhibits inappropriate behavior (even when sober) but mostly I think Brandi is a bad drunk.  She has a hard time controlling her impulses when she's sober so when she's had a few too many, there's nothing holding her back.   She's not someone I would want to socialize with or want as a friend.

I've seen posts on this thread saying that during Brandi and LisaR's lunch meeting, Brandi said Kim fell off the wagon.  That didn't happen.  She said "If anyone said Kim fell off the wagon, she'd kill her and herself."  I'm not too sure about the kill part of that quote.  Brandi did mumble when saying it.  Brandi also said Kim used a patch for her hernia and that she did not see Kim take a drink or a pill.

Thank you for taking the time to clear so much up tonight. Yes, Kyle brought up the 2 AM call in Eileens driveway. To prove that for the last 6-months Kyle had ignored her sister and Kyle then turned to Brandi.

I also was surprised to hear about LisaR's close friendship with Kyle and now see her hand in most of the addiction conversations differently. Though I can understand why Kyle does not wish to accuse her sister of falling off the wagon with just one incident happening on the night of the poker game.

Kyle seems mad at Kim for her blind allegiance to Brandi and Brandi for manipulating her sister against her. I haven't heard Kyle state Kim has fallen off the wagon. As a matter of fact I haven't heard either Brandi or LisaR say "Kim has fallen off the wagon." Thanks for clearing this up.

Edit: it is now shared that Brandi mentioned to her friend in a TH segment of the episode before last (off the wagon).

Edited by RealityTVSmack1

That is typical addict behavior-get mad at Lisar for telling her sister instead Kim should be mad at herself for causing Lisar fear and anxiety.

When Kim was all hot under the collar about LisaR, it was in the driveway after the poker party. Could be she was still high from misusing drugs.

• Love 1

Thank you for taking the time to clear so much up tonight. Yes the 2 AM call came up in the Eileens driveway.

I also was surprised to hear about LisaR's close friendship with Kyle and now see her hand in most of the addiction conversations differently. Though I can understand why Kyle does not wish to accuse her sister of falling off the wagon with just one incident happening on the night of the poker game.

Kyle seems mad at Kim for her blind allegiance to Brandi and Brandi for manipulating her sister against her. I haven't heard Kyle state Kim has fallen off the wagon. As a matter of fact I haven't heard either Brandi or LisaR say "Kim has fallen off the wagon." Thanks for clearing this up.

You're welcome.  I rewatched the episode because I just could not remember Brandi saying some of things attributed to her in this thread.  It's no secret that my memory isn't what it used to be but I'm not senile........at least not yet.

I understand everyone's dislike for Brandi.  She's not the kind of person any of us would want in our lives but I don't believe she should be blamed for something she didn't say or do.  There's more than enough to hold Brandi accountable for so we don't need to add it to if it's not true.

• Love 2

I agree with you.   I wouldn't want to be around either one of them but especially not Kim.

These two aren't doing their family any favors by behaving this way on TV.  I don't know all of their backstory but I do know that there have been problems between them for many years.  Didn't Kim claim to be the bread winner for the entire family?  I also remember something about Kim claiming that Kyle stole her house.  I have no idea what that was about either but their problems are not new.

Remember that old adage "People judge you by the company you keep" - We can't really judge Kim for being friends with Brandi on a reality TV show.  Most of these women are probably not friends in real life and I have no idea who Kim's friends are.  I do know that Kyle is friends with Fay Resnick and Kris Jenner and that speaks volumes to me so I wouldn't want to be around Kyle either.

Kim really is BFFs with Brandi off the show!  She, Brandi, tweeted a picture of her, Kim and Kathy Hilton, thanking them recently! Kim is Brandi's last connection to the show, I don't believe that Yolanda will be back for another season because of her health and Brandi has burned all the other women so the only one left is Kim. And YES, I do believe that is what drives Brandi's friendship with Kim, that and a chance to hob knob with Kathy/Paris.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

This is exactly right. The scene of Brandi talking about Poker Night with her friend Jennifer was cut with Brandi in a TH, where she said: "Kim, whether she wants to talk about it or not, fell off the wagon." That's verbatim.

LisaR is speculating, everyone else is talking about it, but to date, Brandi is THE ONLY PERSON who has outed Kim as falling off the wagon on-camera.

• Love 7

Kim really is BFFs with Brandi off the show!  She, Brandi, tweeted a picture of her, Kim and Kathy Hilton, thanking them recently! Kim is Brandi's last connection to the show, I don't believe that Yolanda will be back for another season because of her health and Brandi has burned all the other women so the only one left is Kim. And YES, I do believe that is what drives Brandi's friendship with Kim, that and a chance to hob knob with Kathy/Paris.

Thanks for the info!  I had no idea about that.  

Hmmm?  So Brandi is social climbing.  Interesting!   

I don't know what it means for Brandi, Kim or the RHOBH if Kim is Brandi's last connection to the show.  The Kim/Brandi story is getting old and the rest of the cast just isn't that interesting.  One of them needs to step up and bring a new drama to light asap.  That's how Bravo judges their HW's.  My guess is that it will be LisaR.  Eileen doesn't seem comfortable enough with her new role as a HW to cause or be caught up in a typical HW's drama.

• Love 2

I'm watching the Lisar / Brandi lunch right now for the first time - I'm very late to the game this week - and Brandi is clearly discussing Kim not being sober and goddamn smirking while she does so. She's heinous. Look at Brandi's face when she's saying she can't say anything, it can't exist for her because "Kim feels safe with that" and the way she agrees when Lisa asks her "...so, basically, when you're with her you kind of have to live in a lie state..."

I remember Brandi using the exact words "off the wagon" in a TH, I think in the Poker Night episode. Also, the 2am call was brought up to Kyle, iirc, and also used to call Kim back into line when she wanted to go after Kyle. Brandi expanded on the story in THs, too, I think, but I'm not going back to check tonight. It'll be lucky if I make it through this episode, which I've paused. I don't watch television to get aggravated like this, I have real life for that. If I wanted to spend time with an incorrigible addict and her enablers, I'd call family so that I could at least have the illusion that my concern for their welfare was meaningful. Fuck.

• Love 8

You're welcome.  I rewatched the episode because I just could not remember Brandi saying some of things attributed to her in this thread.  It's no secret that my memory isn't what it used to be but I'm not senile........at least not yet.

I understand everyone's dislike for Brandi.  She's not the kind of person any of us would want in our lives but I don't believe she should be blamed for something she didn't say or do.  There's more than enough to hold Brandi accountable for so we don't need to add it to if it's not true.

Brandi has made it easy to be labeled the devil incarnate for the last few years. The stuff she comes out with is shocking most of the time. It seems she has a very low threshold for criticism and admittedly fires back below the belt. It's as if she has absolutely no consciousness of the consequences of her statements. I have no knowledge of anyone remotely like her. For some strange reason Kim sees this as strength where most of us see it as awkwardly painful behavior. No one needs to embellish her comments that's for sure, lol.

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 4

I'm watching the Lisar / Brandi lunch right now for the first time - I'm very late to the game this week - and Brandi is clearly discussing Kim not being sober and goddamn smirking while she does so. She's heinous. Look at Brandi's face when she's saying she can't say anything, it can't exist for her because "Kim feels safe with that" and the way she agrees when Lisa asks her "...so, basically, when you're with her you kind of have to live in a lie state..."

I remember Brandi using the exact words "off the wagon" in a TH, I think in the Poker Night episode. Also, the 2am call was brought up to Kyle, iirc, and also used to call Kim back into line when she wanted to go after Kyle. Brandi expanded on the story in THs, too, I think, but I'm not going back to check tonight. It'll be lucky if I make it through this episode, which I've paused. I don't watch television to get aggravated like this, I have real life for that. If I wanted to spend time with an incorrigible addict and her enablers, I'd call family so that I could at least have the illusion that my concern for their welfare was meaningful. Fuck.

Didn't Brandi say to Kim in the limo drive home after poker night that Kim "fell off the wagon"?

This is exactly right. The scene of Brandi talking about Poker Night with her friend Jennifer was cut with Brandi in a TH, where she said: "Kim, whether she wants to talk about it or not, fell off the wagon." That's verbatim.

LisaR is speculating, everyone else is talking about it, but to date, Brandi is THE ONLY PERSON who has outed Kim as falling off the wagon on-camera.

Exactly.

Although she claims to be Kim's only friend, the only one who cares about her, the only one who Kim should trust.

She is the worst kind of person, and the most disloyal & untrustworthy friend she could possibly be.

• Love 4

Didn't Brandi say to Kim in the limo drive home after poker night that Kim "fell off the wagon"?

No (at least it wasn't shown). Not those exact words, but she did say something like "you weren't making any sense...you were all over the place." Stuff like that.

• Love 4

Now I'll have to rewatch the poker game episode.  I don't remember it.

When watching the show live, I'm not usually paying strict attention to every word coming out of these HW's mouths.  At least I'm clear now on the conversation between Brandi and LisaR during lunch.  Brandi did not say that Kim fell off the wagon.

Although she claims to be Kim's only friend, the only one who cares about her, the only one who Kim should trust.

She is the worst kind of person, and the most disloyal & untrustworthy friend she could possibly be.

Kim needs to reconcile her very current "I'm three years sober!" storytelling with her pronouncements of Brandi as her best friend, the only person in her life who is exposing her story as a lie.

• Love 5

I don't recall those exact words in the limo - which is not to say it didn't happen. The limo conversation seemed to be the beginning of working out the cover story to me. Brandi absolutely used those exact words in a TH, though, and wasn't she also pushing the idea that it was "calls" in the plural - meaning Kyle is such a hell beast that she's ignoring repeated cries for help?

• Love 2

I don't recall those exact words in the limo - which is not to say it didn't happen. The limo conversation seemed to be the beginning of working out the cover story to me. Brandi absolutely used those exact words in a TH, though, and wasn't she also pushing the idea that it was "calls" in the plural - meaning Kyle is such a hell beast that she's ignoring repeated cries for help?

I'll let you know after I rewatch poker night in bed tonight.  :)

When watching the show live, I'm not usually paying strict attention to every word coming out of these HW's mouths.  At least I'm clear now on the conversation between Brandi and LisaR during lunch.  Brandi did not say that Kim fell off the wagon.

Why are those exact words so important to you? If Brandi used the term "fell off the wagon" earlier in talking about Kim, and then used other euphemisms with LisaR, as well as divulging other confidences, and even talked about staging an intervention, then what's the difference? She said Kim would die if she knew people were talking about her like this, and then she proceeded to talk about her like that! And no, they weren't talking about an intervention for Kim's dog. They were talking about Kim's addiction. As in Kim "falling off the wagon."

• Love 8

Thanks for the info!  I had no idea about that.  

Hmmm?  So Brandi is social climbing.  Interesting!   

I don't know what it means for Brandi, Kim or the RHOBH if Kim is Brandi's last connection to the show.  The Kim/Brandi story is getting old and the rest of the cast just isn't that interesting.  One of them needs to step up and bring a new drama to light asap.  That's how Bravo judges their HW's.  My guess is that it will be LisaR.  Eileen doesn't seem comfortable enough with her new role as a HW to cause or be caught up in a typical HW's drama.

We don't know that they're not interesting.  We just know that Bravo has decided that Kim & Brandi are more interesting, and so that's what they're airing.  I think the others would appear to be far more interesting if Bravo simply changed its focus.

I'm willing to bet that showing us some of the footage that was edited out would get a really positive response.  It would do Bravo well to not be so quick to reject so much of what they've filmed in favor of forcing more Brandi/Kim down our throats.  I think there's probably a lot that we would find interesting, fun, amusing, exasperating, whatever.  I also think that few of us want this show to be so dark and one-note.  IMO Bravo is amazingly out of touch with the reasons people tune in to see a show based in BH.

Personally, I would rather watch the most mundane events in the lives of any of the others than be subjected to Kim & Brandi for one more minute.  LisaR taking a walk or Kyle grocery shopping would be of far more interest to me!  I really do think, though, that Bravo has lots of footage of fun & entertaining things that many of us would love to see.

• Love 5

Help me here...didn't we all witness Kim acting very strange before, during and after poker night? This seems to have been caused by drugs not from alcohol which is what she went to rehab for 3-years ago.

Is Kim on prescription drugs for, depression, anxiety and stress? Is she now abusing these drugs? Since Brandi is the only one close to her besides Monty for the last 6-months it would seem Brandi's knowledge might be helpful if Kims family decides to do a private family intervention for drugs this time?

Can you do an intervention if the addict refuses to acknowledge their problems and perscribed rehab?

No (at least it wasn't shown). Not those exact words, but she did say something like "you weren't making any sense...you were all over the place." Stuff like that.

There was something but I am not sure how she worded it.

I'll let you know after I rewatch poker night in bed tonight.  :)

You're of hardier stock than I. That episode is going on my skip list. I just want a little fluff to watch after the kids go to bed, not to preview the Richards family's audition tape for Intervention.

• Love 3

I went back and watched that scene and you are right. She did not come right out and say that, instead she said "you have no idea" about how bad Kim is and that she has to "pretend" to believe Kim is sober when she is with her, that being Kim's BFF is heavy for her and then  at the end of their conversation says something about everyone is lying about Kim being sober, something along those lines. So, IMO, even though she did not come right out and say she "fell off the wagon" exactly, she did in fact say it in a round about way. She threw out that Kim's claim of sobriety is questionable.

Oh, and Lisa R was the one that said they could NOT do an intervention, Brandi then suggests that she do a "group" intervention and calls out all of the HWs for something so Kim does not feel singled out. The "intervention" is Brandi's idea, not Lisa Rs.

• Love 4

Help me here...didn't we all witness Kim acting very strange before, during and after poker night? This seems to have been caused by drugs not from alcohol which is what she went to rehab for 3-years ago.

Doubtful. Just because she said said rehab was for alcohol doesn't make it so. (Remember - Kim lies.). Many doubted it was alcohol then (or just alcohol), and many doubt it now.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 7

Is Kim on prescription drugs for, depression, anxiety and stress? Is she now abusing these drugs? Since Brandi is the only one close to her besides Monty for the last 6-months it would seem Brandi's knowledge might be helpful if Kims family decides to do a private family intervention for drugs this time?

Can you do an intervention if the addict refuses to acknowledge their problems and perscribed rehab?

Kim admitted to taking 1 of Monty's pain pill on poker night, she was also under the influence of something when Kyle/Brandi visited her at her home right before the mixer, as well as at the mixer itself IMO. And Brandi claims that Kim is using/on some type of "patch" for her hiatal hernia.

Kim admitted to Paul, before rehab, that she was on psych meds, he was not happy about what she was taking. While in Paris she claimed she brought the wrong med with her and that she took that med the entire time in Paris even though it was a med she has a very bad reaction to before (and she kept it despite the bad reaction instead of throwing it out). So yes, Kim is on psych meds, she says she suffers from bad anxiety....just like her BFF Brandi.

You can not make an addict get clean or stay clean, that is something they have to admit/know and want themselves.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

When Kim was all hot under the collar about LisaR, it was in the driveway after the poker party. Could be she was still high from misusing drugs.

Kim carries it forward in her blogs-so I am sticking by my comment about addict behavior.  Part of the behavior pattern of course includes using and then striking out.

• Love 6

Kim carries it forward in her blogs-so I am sticking by my comment about addict behavior.  Part of the behavior pattern of course includes using and then striking out.

Shades of the Paris trip. Kim brings then takes a med that she "had a bad reaction to" and takes it the entire trip. A med that she should have thrown out but that she saved. Saved for what reason other than to get high?

• Love 5

Of course you can. It probably won't work though

Kim doesn't give a damn about these people. An intervention will just be gasoline on the burning pyre of her victimhood.

I feel like Lisar does mean well and probably is feeling some urgency and having some awful feelings echoing back to the loss of her brothers-in-law, but this attempt is doomed. I think Lisa would be both better served and of more service if she asked Kyle to accompany her to an Al-Anon meeting. Hell, ask Eileen, too. And while the conversation amongst them afterwards would be very worth hearing, in my opinion, it's not actually one I'd expect any of them to want recorded.

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 1

For the most part when patients go into rehab they are off all alcohol and drugs.  There are exceptions for people who battle depression, bi-polar, Borderline and a few other ailments but you don't go in to kick alcohol and then start taking tranquilizers and pain killers or smoking pot.  The idea is you are becoming sober.

There are many interventions that don't have the desired ending.  Many people refuse treatment or deny they have a problem. 

If a doctor wants a true history of what the patient as been taking most likely the would order hair sample and get an idea of what Kim has been up to for the last 3 months. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Kim doesn't give a damn about these people. An intervention will just be gasoline on the burning pyre of her victimhood.

I feel like Lisar does mean well and probably is feeling some urgency and having some awful feelings echoing back to the loss of her brothers-in-law, but this attempt is doomed. I think Lisa would be both better served and of more service if she asked Kyle to accompany her to an Al-Anon meeting. Hell, ask Eileen, too. And while the conversation amongst them afterwards would be very worth hearing, in my opinion, it's not actually one I'd expect any of them to want recorded.

They would have to "stage/fake" an Al-Anon meeting I think, they are private/no names like AA is but Lisa could get 1 of their meeting leaders to do a "group" talk to all of them about dealing with an addict, that may work. I am sure that Kyle would not go along with this though, it would be revealing Kim is using again on camera and the family would be furious.

• Love 1

Why are those exact words so important to you? If Brandi used the term "fell off the wagon" earlier in talking about Kim, and then used other euphemisms with LisaR, as well as divulging other confidences, and even talked about staging an intervention, then what's the difference? She said Kim would die if she knew people were talking about her like this, and then she proceeded to talk about her like that! And no, they weren't talking about an intervention for Kim's dog. They were talking about Kim's addiction. As in Kim "falling off the wagon."

It's important to me because if I'm going to discuss it with others here on the forum, I want to get it right. If I offered up an opinion on something that did not happen, I'd be as crazy as Kim or Brandi.

That said, you were right. Brandi did say in a TH that Kim fell off the wagon. It was in "It's Just a Scratch" the episode from two weeks ago that started off with the driveway fiasco at Eileen's house and has LisaR's jewelry party. I lucked out finding it. For some unknown reason my On Demand service skipped over the next episode.

One thing that stood out in watching this episode was LisaR saying (again) that Brandi is an addict which I don't believe is true. I don't know why she keeps saying that but I'll bet she's going somewhere with that idea.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

Kim needs to reconcile her very current "I'm three years sober!" storytelling with her pronouncements of Brandi as her best friend, the only person in her life who is exposing her story as a lie.

In last week's blog (or maybe it was the week before) Kim actually demoted Brandi to a close friend.  I think Monty is her best friend now.  Kingsley was her best friend for a while too.  Tells you all about Kim.

Kim may well have been three years sober but keep in mind her definition of 'sober'.   She hasn't had a drink and it apparently doesn't include meds (prescribed or not).

Same with Brandi.  Brandi is supposedly going to do a cleanse of alcohol.  Seems that it doesn't include Xanax or her anti depressant. 

• Love 2

It's important to me because if I'm going to discuss it with others here on the forum, I want to get it right. If I offered up an opinion on something that did not happen, I'd be as crazy as Kim or Brandi.

But my point was that it did happen. She did say it. She just used a different euphemism. If Brandi had said "Kim isn't sober," would you still be saying "but she didn't say Kim fell off the wagon!"

• Love 3

I need Lisa R. to stop saying Harry's brothers "dropped dead".  Unless they were literally standing upright alive, then suddenly fell to the ground deceased, they did not "drop dead".  She's been bringing it up constantly -  it's not the same repeated clip - and it's a bit melodramatic, with a touch of disrespectful.

• Love 1