Type keyword(s) to search

Cameo suggestions

• Start Topic

Albuquerque's a big place, so I don't mind them not running into the Whites or Pinkmans or associates on a constant basis. But I'd love, love, love to see some action in front of the White house (308 Negra Arroyo Lane). Maybe they could show a brand new Pontiac Aztek in the driveway.

• Love 1

Yeah, the folks living at the Whites' fictional residence would surely love more cameras in front of their home.

Anyone say a random trip to Tampico furniture yet? Coz I'm saying it. Tam-Pi-Co!

Oh yeah, the OP said it. Good call.

Edited by SignGuy

Gould and Gilligan hinted at some old BB friends making appearances this season. And there were some clips of Mike on the phone arranging new jobs.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that we might see Gustavo Fring at some point.

• Love 3

Gould and Gilligan hinted at some old BB friends making appearances this season. And there were some clips of Mike on the phone arranging new jobs.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that we might see Gustavo Fring at some point.

Giancarlo Esposito said he wouldn't want to return unless it was something that added to the mythos of Fring, or something to that affect. But who knows, I'm sure if VG asked really nice...

• Love 2

Giancarlo Esposito said he wouldn't want to return unless it was something that added to the mythos of Fring, or something to that affect. But who knows, I'm sure if VG asked really nice...

Bringing Gus back would definitely be more than just a passing cameo. They can always get around showing him on screen if all they want to concentrate on is the how and why Mike (and by extension Jimmy) gets involved with the Los Pollos crowd.

But imagine an episode that gives us a proper Gus flash back, something on the level of what Five-O did for Mike.

Combo's mother brings the Crystal Ship to the mechanic who later repairs and buys Walt's Aztek.

She asks him to change the oil and to try to disable that annoying buzzer that goes off whenever she leaves the keys in the ignition.

• Love 2

Combo's mother brings the Crystal Ship to the mechanic who later repairs and buys Walt's Aztek.

She asks him to change the oil and to try to disable that annoying buzzer that goes off whenever she leaves the keys in the ignition.

Dude!

Duuuuude!

The more I think about it, the more I think the BCS narrative has to move through the BB timeline in some way or another. Mostly because they've established the post BB Omaha era as an essential part of Jimmy/Saul's story, and that makes what happens to Saul during BB an essential part of of the story. I'm not sure how they can just skip over it. Especially given they actually have some people watching who haven't seen BB, such a crucial part of Saul's story must be included. And frankly we still don't know everything about what was going on from Saul's perspective during that time.

If that happens that's when a Walt or Jesse appearance would not only be organic to the story, it might even be necessary.

• Love 2

The more I think about it, the more I think the BCS narrative has to move through the BB timeline in some way or another. Mostly because they've established the post BB Omaha era as an essential part of Jimmy/Saul's story, and that makes what happens to Saul during BB an essential part of of the story. I'm not sure how they can just skip over it.

I hope you're right, and I think it would be absolutely fascinating if that part of the timeline was pretty much exclusively about what Saul was up to whenever he wasn't dealing with Walt and Jesse. I wouldn't be opposed to Walt and/or Jesse showing up once, or every now and then, or whatever. But I also wouldn't mind if they never showed up at all. I mean, it's not like they were Saul's only clients and he was dealing with them every waking hour. I'd love it if BCS showed us what Saul was up to during those days outside of all the Walt/Jesse stuff (largely because, well, we've already seen that stuff.) "Just hang tight, Mike. I'll call you back in a couple hours, but right now I've gotta go show some arrogant bastard and his punk sidekick the laser tag place. Don't ask."

I think it would also be pretty great if they showed us that, while the Walt/Jesse stuff might have been the last straw, Saul was gonna end up at the Omaha Cinnabon regardless. That getting involved with Walt and Jesse was just the tip of the iceberg.

I disagree that Saul's ivolvement with Walt's meth business would (or should) be treated as "just the tip of the iceberg" of his criminal activities. BB showed us numerous times that, despite making decent coin off his everyday clientele, being Walt's lawyer/financial advisor was a once in a lifetime cash-cow. Saul frequently drops all else to attend to meth-related matters. Not to mention he seeks out Walt in his classroom and makes him an offer he can't refuse in the very first episode he is introduced. Saul knows from the start he will probably never again have the chance to get in on the ground floor of something this lucrative (probably visions of the Kettlemans' duffle bag dancing in his head).

Yes, Saul has many other things he deals with in his regular "practice" during the BB timeline, some of them probably shady. But I doubt anything other than being pegged as Heisenberg's money laundering expert would send him running for Nebraska.

Personally, I'd like to see Season 3 (or 4? hah!) skip forward to follow Gene in Nebraska, with some choice flashbacks to those other dealings Saul had besides keeping Walt out of the slammer. How exciting a season about a guy in "witness protection" could be, would depend a lot on the characters he associates with. Maybe Kim/Jesse resurface in his life to some degree, or the FBI picks up his scent. Or Gene feels he can't go on in obscurity and plans to go out with a bang.

Edited by SignGuy77
  • Love 3

Maybe Kim/Jesse resurface in his life to some degree, or the FBI picks up his scent.

If Aaron Paul is willing and Gilligan and Gould want to reveal what happened to Jesse instead of leaving it a mystery, this seems the most obvious and organic post-BB cameo/character arc/supporting role.  I wonder if they decide to leave all post-BB in B&W even if Jesse came back.  Jesse makes sense because he and Saul are linked through the criminal enterprise, and I assume Jesse is in hiding in his own way if he's not in jail/still alive.  I see Jesse being revealed in dribs and drabs from Season 3 forward and then in the final season w/a full character arc to end the series.  He wouldn't take over Saul/Jimmy's central role, but just add to the story, I mean if they did it right, both these guys are cautionary tales, that I want to see survive.  Better Call Saul while painful at times, should end on a tinge of hope/humor.  Right?

Also, I could see the premiere of Season 3 ending with Jesse opening the door to Saul, and letting out a Classic "Bitch!"  C'mon!

Edited by sunflower

Wild idea, that could go totally bonkers, but knowing what we do about the Gilligan Team writing process, I can't help thinking its on the sounding board (in colour coded post its):

Walt Jr. finds Gene. He's had some years to process his dad's criminal past, and since Skyler has been loath to talk about it, he searches for the one guy who might be willing to share some details. We know from the shots of Gene watching his old tapes that he misses the old times.

I'd love it if it was a totally random thing, with Junior recognizing Saul as he just happened to be passing through Omaha.

Edited by SignGuy77
  • Love 1

I'm waiting for a "Yo, bitch!"  If Jesse ever appears on BCS, he will be expected to let a few "bitches" fly, even if he is 75 years old at that point.

SIgnGuy77 -- I think that the idea of "Flynn" eventually wanting information about his dad's life is something that could definitely happen, and it would allow for the natural aging of RJ Mitte without worrying about how to make him look younger.  I don't know if he would show up at the Cinnabon to see Gene (though that would be fun), but maybe if Gene ever decides he can't take his mundane life at Cinnabon and has to un-disappear himself somehow, he will materialize in a way that he becomes accessible to Jesse, Walt Jr., Skyler or anyone else who wants to see him.

Even if Aaron Paul never shows his face on BCS (to show us what has become of Jesse), I'd like to just hear a quick sentence in passing, like something on the news that pops up while Gene is watching TV, or something Gene says to someone else, that clues us in as to where Jesse ended up (prison, dead, carving wood somewhere in Alaska, etc.).

(edited)

If Aaron Paul is willing and Gilligan and Gould want to reveal what happened to Jesse instead of leaving it a mystery, this seems the most obvious and organic post-BB cameo/character arc/supporting role. I wonder if they decide to leave all post-BB in B&W even if Jesse came back. Jesse makes sense because he and Saul are linked through the criminal enterprise, and I assume Jesse is in hiding in his own way if he's not in jail/still alive. I see Jesse being revealed in dribs and drabs from Season 3 forward and then in the final season w/a full character arc to end the series. He wouldn't take over Saul/Jimmy's central role, but just add to the story, I mean if they did it right, both these guys are cautionary tales, that I want to see survive. Better Call Saul while painful at times, should end on a tinge of hope/humor. Right?

Also, I could see the premiere of Season 3 ending with Jesse opening the door to Saul, and letting out a Classic "Bitch!" C'mon!

Jesse is a bush pilot in New Zealand, living under the alias Diesel Jackson, where along with Walt Jr. and his $10 million, he is raising Kaylee Ehrmantraut, Brock Cantillo, Holly White, Kiira Rodarte-Quayle-Jackson and Spooge Jr.

They have big pancake breakfasts with REAL bacon every morning, except for Brock, who prefers Froot Loops.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 5

Jesse is a bush pilot in New Zealand, living under the alias Diesel Jackson, where along with Walt Jr. and his $10 million, he is raising Kaylee Ehrmantraut, Brock Cantillo, Holly White, Kiira Rodarte-Quayle-Jackson and Spooge Jr.

They have big pancake breakfasts with REAL bacon every morning, except for Brock, who prefers Froot Loops.

I had to google who the last two were. Ah, Spooge.

Spooge's fair maiden was never given a name, was she?  She was just a cackling, tweaked out lunatic.   They'd be fun to see again, as would Wendy.

I really don't want the writers to mess with my personal vision of Jesse, off somewhere happy, living a simple, drug and crime free life, enjoying simple pleasures.  Ha!

That said, I think Gus will have to show up eventually.  When I was just  posting in the episode thread, I said why, but basically it's this.

Saul tells Walter "I know a guy who knows a guy."  The first "guy" has to be Mike, and the second was obviously "Gus."  Will that play into the current predicament Mike's in with Hector?  How else can Mike get out of this particular mess?  I have a feeling we will see Gus sooner rather than later, maybe not to solve this mess, but soon.  Also, I know from interviews/DVD commentary, the actor would love to work with this group again, so there is that.

• Love 1

Is the Jackson part of the name canon, or am I missing the joke?

Also, you can't complete this Breakfast Fantasy without Huell!

I added Jesse's alias to Kiira's last name because I thought the double hyphens were cool. :)

I want to see Huell on BCS!

(edited)

I really don't want the writers to mess with my personal vision of Jesse, off somewhere happy, living a simple, drug and crime free life, enjoying simple pleasures. Ha!

That said, I think Gus will have to show up eventually. When I was just posting in the episode thread, I said why, but basically it's this.

Saul tells Walter "I know a guy who knows a guy." The first "guy" has to be Mike, and the second was obviously "Gus." Will that play into the current predicament Mike's in with Hector? How else can Mike get out of this particular mess? I have a feeling we will see Gus sooner rather than later, maybe not to solve this mess, but soon. Also, I know from interviews/DVD commentary, the actor would love to work with this group again, so there is that.

Saul actually said he knows a guy, who knows a guy....who knows a guy

Obviously Mike is guy 1, and Fring is guy 3. Not sure who the other guy would be. I am guessing Saul just made it up either to be colorful or to try to make his connection to the kingpin seem more distant to Walt, so he wouldn't pressure him to try to make the connection directly .

I guess it is also possible that Mike invented some imaginary intermediary between himself and Fring, when dealing with Saul.

Edited by Bryce Lynch

Now that Season 5 is over, with only one more to go, I can think of a few cameos from BB that we haven't seen yet that could still move the story along:

Tortuga - he's the missing link between Fring, Don Eladio, Bolsa, and the Salamanca's. Plus, it's always great to see Danny Trejo.

Skinny Pete - we can see him with Tuco in the lockup

DJ Qualls' ABQ undercover cop

ASAC Merker - we knew that Hank's boss had a friendship with Gus

• Love 2