Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I think we need to figure something out for the title y'all. In honor of Joe. Praise Blood! No, that's not right. Praise Poe! Nope, that's last season. Praise Pluto! Suggestions guys?

I guess I should introduce myself too, since this is the place. I'm ramble here & I was over on TWoP too, although many moons back I went by HillMama over there. I hate watch The Following. It often gives me the heebie-jeebies, but I appreciate Kevin Bacon & can't seem to turn away. I'm fully convinced that Joe is one of the most anti-charismatic cult leaders in the history of cults & I can't imagine stabbing an apple for the guy. But you know, you're not the only one who killed their mama. Ok, totally not true. I hate killing spiders & often catch & release. Why do I watch this show again?

Another 'hate-watcher' here! I remember the first snark I read about the Show last Season, 'that it was so bad that not even Kyra was watching it!' So, naturally, I've been hooked ever since.

I'm a big admirer of Kevin Bacon, because he's such a decent person in real life (as well as a very talented actor). About once a Summer, he and his Brother, Michael , play a gig in the beach town where I live.  Anyone else ever seen/heard "The Bacon Brothers"?

p.s.-- I'm fine with the title of this Thread

Every Tuesday morning I come to work & there's a group of people talking about how GREAT the previous night's episode was.  It always makes me wonder if we're watching the same show..  There's also always someone who says "What, is it too creepy for you?" My answer is always "If by creepy you mean stupid & an insult to one's intelligence, then yes"

• Love 2

Of course I also get asked the question that if I think it's so stupid then why do I watch? Well, in a sick, twisted way, I actually find the stupidity entertaining.  I like to imagine a "pop up video" type thing, with what the actors are thinking in little thought bubbles. Sometimes the actor who plays Joe has this "what the hell am I doing here" look on his face that never fails to crack me up.

Another hate-watcher here! I have no idea why we keep tuning in (at our house) but we do... although fortunately I have not been subjected to any talk abut how great last night's episode was. (I used to hear that about Under The Dome though and it made me fear for humanity.) Glad there's a place for us here to get our snark on!

• Love 1

I've hate-watched for 2 seasons now too.  I have to admit, I wish I had colleagues who watched the show, haters or not, so I could talk about it, snarky or not. While all my coworkers are going on and on about the latest happenings on Game of Thrones this week, I will be off in the corner, asking myself, "What IS that stunning twist that I won't see coming going to be??"

I'm here from TWOP too.  Hate watched this for both seasons although I fell behind season 2.  Snookum's recap of the last episode is one of the last things I read on TWOP before the shut down.  Unlike other shows that I complain about but  have redeeming qualities this show is an unqualified train wreck and I can NOT believe this thing gets another season and actually well written shows don't.  I am mourning The Crazy Ones at the moment.  Anyway I hope to see you all here when this abomination starts up again. 

• Love 1

Oh yeah, I'll be here. Also from TWoP but with a different user name. I know this show is horribly written but for some reason it is entertaining. I do enjoy watching it and find myself laughing at the absurd dialogue and actions of the characters while still curious to see what happens next.

I guess the writers aren't total hacks because it does take some kind of talent to make dreck this enjoyable.

I don't understand how anyone can watch this show and NOT hatewatch this show. 

Also, I HAD to make sure Snookums was here.  Those recaps at TWOP were worth their virtual weight in virtual gold dammit.

• Love 2
(edited)

*blushes*

I'm gearing up to powerwatch Under The Dome so I can keep my snark knife honed over the summer. Here goes...

Awesome! Now I am actually looking forward to watching the show knowing you will be there with us. Under The Dome is even worse than The Following so make that an extra large snark knife. Did you watch the first season? You probably don't need to as I'm sure there will be some sort of recap. Still there are some parts of Season 1 that are can only be seen to appreciate just how awful they truly are.

Edited by Desperately Random
(edited)

Ugh, I keep running into problems. I went to Hulu which sent me to CBS.com, which is telling me I have to sign up for Amazon streaming to watch this shit! Arrgh! Off to Netflix, I guess...

Okay, done. Arrrgh, I am postponing THE FALL that finally became available for this dreck! You had better deliver, Dome, or I am cutting you in half like a cow.

Edited by Snookums

Oh, The Fall was great. Gillian Anderson was so good in that and the story was well written and really drew me in. It will be your well deserved reward for enduring Under The Dome. Have fun with it. You're in for hours of unintentionally comedic and face palming  scenes that will make The Following seem almost good in comparison.