Type keyword(s) to search

Escaping The Stones: The Cast In Other Roles

tcay
  • Start Topic

I'm being promoted a movie called "Love Again" starring Sam and Priyanka Chopra Jonas (and featuring Celine Dion!), but it feels like this is old news being recycled as new.  Didn't this movie already come out and wasn't it originally called "Text for You?"  Or was it filmed and announced but then the release was cancelled due to the pandemic?

Whatever . . . a romantic comedy starring Sam Heughan is finally coming out . .  somewhere.  Look for "Love Again" in a theater (or on a streaming service) near you.   IMDb says the release date is May 12, 2023.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

I'm being promoted a movie called "Love Again" starring Sam and Priyanka Chopra Jonas (and featuring Celine Dion!), but it feels like this is old news being recycled as new.  Didn't this movie already come out and wasn't it originally called "Text for You?"  Or was it filmed and announced but then the release was cancelled due to the pandemic?

Whatever . . . a romantic comedy starring Sam Heughan is finally coming out . .  somewhere.  Look for "Love Again" in a theater (or on a streaming service) near you.   IMDb says the release date is May 12, 2023.

It was filmed during the pandemic ( late 2020), & is just being released this year for the first time! They have changed the name many times! 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

UGH. Can't stand Priyanka. The only good thing about her is her hair. I COVET her hair. She's a mediocre actress and dancer at best. Why Sam was talking up her talent in one interview I saw, I'll never understand. Part of the job, I guess? Blech.

18 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

I just saw the trailer for this- it should be cute. Sam can bring the romantic smolder!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well, I just saw an actual, prime-time advertisement (during the Today Show) for the release (finally!) of Sam's ill-fated and oft-delayed movie, "Love Again" co-starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and  and Celine Dion.  It looks like a schmoopy romance, which I generally detest, so I won't be going to the theater for this one, but if you're craving a dose Sam on the big screen, here's your chance.  

I wish Sam would get another chance in an action/adventure movie role.  I think he enjoys them and I know *I* prefer them over romances. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 4/25/2023 at 11:06 AM, WatchrTina said:

Well, I just saw an actual, prime-time advertisement (during the Today Show) for the release (finally!) of Sam's ill-fated and oft-delayed movie, "Love Again" co-starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and  and Celine Dion.  It looks like a schmoopy romance, which I generally detest, so I won't be going to the theater for this one, but if you're craving a dose Sam on the big screen, here's your chance.  

I wish Sam would get another chance in an action/adventure movie role.  I think he enjoys them and I know *I* prefer them over romances. 

I refuse to watch it as I can't stand Priyanka. I've been seeing trailers for this when I'm watching me some Classic Bollywood movies on YouTube. Looks horrible. I don't know why Sam signs on to do such mediocre roles for the big screen when I know he's capable of doing so much better.

• Like 1
On 4/28/2023 at 8:27 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I refuse to watch it as I can't stand Priyanka. I've been seeing trailers for this when I'm watching me some Classic Bollywood movies on YouTube. Looks horrible. I don't know why Sam signs on to do such mediocre roles for the big screen when I know he's capable of doing so much better.

I agree with the above with one caveat: I just don't think he's that good an actor outside of Outlander. That's right ye villagers, gather up ye rotten tomatoes and throw them at me but I've watched a couple of things he's been in and they're cringey.

• Like 4
On 5/10/2023 at 12:23 AM, gingerella said:

I agree with the above with one caveat: I just don't think he's that good an actor outside of Outlander. That's right ye villagers, gather up ye rotten tomatoes and throw them at me but I've watched a couple of things he's been in and they're cringey.

But were they cringey because of his acting or the writing? Do you feel they would have been less cringey with someone else in the roles? It's an important distinction. I often felt the writing on Supernatural was weak in later seasons, but the actors always acted the hell out of whatever they were given.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

But were they cringey because of his acting or the writing? Do you feel they would have been less cringey with someone else in the roles? It's an important distinction. I often felt the writing on Supernatural was weak in later seasons, but the actors always acted the hell out of whatever they were given.

They were cringey becauseof the writing, acting, directing, and I cannot say if someone else in the roles would have done better. In the music business there are plenty of one hit wonders. I think this can be true for actors too. There is no doubt that the role of Jamie Fraser was meant to be played by Sam Heugan (though the past few seasons have sucked for me, but that's not his fault, its poor writing and show runner choices IMO). But even in his own off shoot travel show with Graham, he's cringey AF, always trying so hard to be the cheeky one and it just literally made me roll my eyes continuously. In that case, if he'd just not tried to be so cheeky and 'OMG I'm so hilarious aren't I?' all the time, it would have been so much better, IMO of course, YMMV.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1