Type keyword(s) to search

The Quotes Thread: Sheet Music

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

Here's the place for your favorite Empire quotes, such as this one from Cookie to her son Andre', about his wife Rhonda: 

"Of course she's smart. Pretty White girls always are, even when they aren't." 

Another great quote from Cookie was to her other son Jamal, when he was little, about knowing that he's gay. "You're different. It's something that only Mama knows. That's gonna be hard sometimes, but I got you. I got you." That was Cookie's way of showing unconditional love for Jamal, which is something his father Lucius has never given him.   Then there's Cookie's nickname for Anika, the A&R chief: "Boo-Boo Kitty." If the first episode is any indication, every word out of Cookie's mouth will be priceless.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4
(edited)

You're right, but given all the confusion going on at the time, I'll just chalk it up to what is becoming one of the show's  most important rules-"Wherever Cookie goes, trouble follows."

Fo-Fo: "I inspire people, like Gandhi." and "Who's Diana Ross?"

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jamal to Lucius: "That's the bedroom, where the gay love happens."

Anika to Cookie: "My father is a doctor. My mother is a debutante.  I know you've been in prison for a minute but do you know what a debutante is?"

Cookie: "A bougie ho with a lot of money?"

Anika: "A ho who can slit your throat without disturbing her pearls."

Cookie (sarcastically): "That was so hot."

Anika (walking away): "I aim to please."

And that was Round One!

The text message conversation between Hakeem and his sidepiece Camilla:

Camilla: "Hey sexy-Want to meet up tonight?"

Hakeem: "I miss your legs wrapped around me."

Camilla: "Do you? 'Cause they're right behind you."

Thank Heaven for 32-inch HDTVs and On Demand cable, otherwise I never would have known what they were talking about.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

Jamal:  "You too dumb to play stupid."

Lucious:   "Let's look at it from a mathematical perspective. Your girlfriend has a girlfriend. Add that up."

Hakeem: "Two?"

Lucious: "Two girlfriends, It's a mathematician's dream! It's trigonometry."

Cookie to the cabbie: "Whatchu mean 'you people'? You black like me!"

Oh! How she settled into that "Black like me" part of line had me dying, too!

After Hakeem's dumb entourage fools hit up Ghetto Ass Studio:

“We can call this is a standoff or we can make this a multiple homicide.” - studio owner, holding a 12 gauge shot gun

"Keep moving before you lose your choice." - studio owner, still holding a 12 gauge shot gun

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 7

Nobody quoted, "I liked you better when you were a thug" from the 2nd episode? (I've only seen the first 2.) One of the worse lines in the history of EVAH! I know Cookie is ghetto. She's not stupid as all hell though so why she would say some dumb as f*** sh** as that is beyond me.

Yeah, I hated that line as well. I remember thinking, "Fool, that 'thug' you liked cut off all communication, blindsided you with a divorce, and promptly forgot about you while you were incarcerated. What exactly is there to like about that?" Hood doesn't have to mean stupid, and that was a stupid line from Cookie. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1

From "False Imposition":

Cookie, to Lucius, about his picture in the paper with the headline "'Empire' Strikes Back": "I like this picture of you, but the headline should read 'The Cookie Strikes Back."

Lucius: "You know something? You and I always made a real good team."

Cookie: "You damn right we did. I make you better. Don't forget that." (walks away)

Lucius: "Thank you, baby."

Cookie: "'Baby?' You might want to clear that with Anika."

Lucius: "OK-'baby mama' then."

Cookie (laughs): "Still crazy, Lucius."

• Love 4

From "False Imposition":

Cookie, to Lucius, about his picture in the paper with the headline "'Empire' Strikes Back": "I like this picture of you, but the headline should read 'The Cookie Strikes Back."

Lucius: "You know something? You and I always made a real good team."

Cookie: "You damn right we did. I make you better. Don't forget that." (walks away)

Lucius: "Thank you, baby."

Cookie: "'Baby?' You might want to clear that with Anika."

Lucius: "OK-'baby mama' then."

Cookie (laughs): "Still crazy, Lucius."

Man. Terrence Howard is such a problem, but I cannot deny the chemistry between him and TPH. They're both great in this. 

• Love 1

"I'm Cookie, take a bite"

Not a particularly "funny" quote but the delivery of Cookie and Porsha busting in Luscious's house.

Lola: "Hi Grandma"

Cookie: "Hi baby, where's your Grandfather?  LUSCIOUS!!!!!!!"

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 3

From the finale:

Hakeem ( I think): "What Kind of Black girl name is 'Becky'?"

Becky: "My mom's White."

Becky (to Lucius, after he yelled at her): "Use your 'inside voice' when you talk to Becky."

This episode was the first time I ever liked Becky, third-person stuff aside.

• Love 2

Mimi to Cookie: "Don't you worry your pretty little weave about that."

Lucius to Cookie: "It's amazing how much I can love you & hate you in the same moment."

Cooke to Lucius: "Save it for Anika-or one of these little boys you been runnin' round with in here."

• Love 2

From the finale:

Becky (to Lucius, after he yelled at her): "Use your 'inside voice' when you talk to Becky."

That right there is my favorite quote from S1.  I about fell off the couch laughing.  Everything with Porsha and Becky is pure gold.

• Love 1

Cookie " You ain't born with your name.  You grow into it"

Cookie: "Ain't nothing wrong with a couple of J.Lo's as long as they can really sing." (ouch)

Cookie: "Anika knows marketing. She made a whole career selling her ass."

Anika: "As opposed to you and your stellar career in pharmaceuticals?"

• Love 2
(edited)

Cookie, to Anika: "Let me tell you something, ho. If it wasn't for women like me, bitches like you would spend a lifetime on their knees-or under my 20-year-old son."

Officer "Skinny Black" McKnight, to Lucius: "Unlike that little pack of lap dogs you got followin' you around, not everybody's interested in bein' up your ass, Lyon"

Andre, about "Ghetto-Ass Studios: "Forget "Lyon's Den'-let's call it 'the pigsty." & about Cookie: "Everybody knows my mama's crazy." The understatement of the year.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

Lucius, to Cookie, after inviting the family to dinner: "I want you to eat, drink & be merry, for tomorrow, we war."

Cookie, to Lucius: "I doubt if Jesus Christ could save you without burning His hands."

Lucius, to Cookie, at the dinner table: "We are family & you can't eat without me."

Cookie: "I don't know what got you twisted when you was in prison, but I'm always gonna eat-just not with you." (leaves & takes everyone's dinner with her)

Cookie, to Annika: "Let me guess-those 5 job offers didn't happen?" You ran out of lubricant for your knees?"

Porsha, to Cookie while she was rehearsing Mirage et Trois : "I'm just makin' sure you ain't goin' soft."

Jamal, to Lucius: "I'm not playin' second fiddle to no Freda Gatz or no Shucky Ducky quack quack or whoever else you got."

Cookie, to Lucius: "You can't keep Cookie down." A-freakin-men! .

Cookie, to Mimi, at the video shoot: "Get out, White bitch."

Mimi: "That's Whiteman, which is Russian for 'I own 20% of Empire.'"

Cookie, to Lucius: "Show me a grandma with an ass like this."

Cookie, while getting arrested again: "Is somebody recording this? If I die in police custody, I did not commit suicide!"

Thirsty, to Rhonda & Andre, about an unusual piece of equipment: "it's my corpse-detection system." 

Rhonda: "You just have that handy?"

Thirsty: "Only on the holidays."

Cookie, to DA Ford: "Your weave is nice."

DA Ford: "So is your wig."

• Love 2

Cookie and Candace's scene in the latest episode, "My Bad Parts," just had so many classics:

Cookie: You come talkin' slick out ya mouth, real greasy.

Cookie: You got your white man.

Candace: And he's rich.

Cookie: I can't tell from them cheap ass shoes you wearin'

That whole scene gave me LIFE!

(edited)

Bumping it up with quotes from "Death Will Have Its Day":

Cookie, to Camilla, when she catches Camilla & Hakeem together: "This is the saddest sight I've ever seen-and I'm not just talking about your face,' Yoko'."

Cookie, to Hakeem, about Camilla: "You really gonna pick this bitch over your own family, Hakeem?"  

Hakeem: "At least she don't beat me with a purse."

Camilla: "Unless he wants me to."

Lucius, about Hakeem: "I'll take care of 'Fredo.'"

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3