Type keyword(s) to search

Loser Like Me / Homecoming: Premiere Liveblog Thread

Cranberry

West Coasters can start here!

As requested, this is a liveblog thread for the first two episodes of Glee's final season. If this goes well, we will do a liveblog thread for the finale as well, although not for the normal episodes during the season.

This thread is for live reactions as the premiere episodes air. It will be open from 8-10pm EST and again for the west coast run at 8-10pm PST. Outside of those periods, this thread will be locked, so please take your discussion to the episode discussion thread.

Anyone who fights with/insults other posters will have their posts removed, and depending on how much cleanup I have to do, could get this thread closed. We don't want that, so play nice! Thank you, and enjoy the episodes (or mocking the episodes, at the very least)!

The humor has all the subtly of a brick upside the head (sorry Kurt!).

I just can't bring myself to feel at all sorry for Rachel and Blaine. The two most blessed characters on the show who had the easiest paths and both back in Lima because of their own mistakes.

As for Suddenly Seymour... someone tell Lea and Darren to stop screaming at me.

Yeah, Suddenly Seymour was as bad as I thought. Whole lotta shouting 

Yeah, I don't usually care about Blaine's singing, but I thought Blaine's intro was really weak. Noticeably.

• Love 1

I just wish they weren't wasting time on the Warblers, and Vocal Adrenaline, and new characters - they only have 13 episodes left, why wouldn't you spend time on the characters that people have more of a connection to? The whole rival high school show choirs thing has been done to death by this show, and someone needs to tell RIB that horse is dead.

• Love 3

I am so sick of having everyone kissing Rachel's ass and acting as if she's suffering some kind of grand injustice of fate. I'm sorry Will... it wasn't one "misstep" that put Rachel in this position. It was multiple miscues. It was letting her arrogance get the better of her. It was quitting NYADA, ad then Funny Girl, and then signing up for a tv show because it would be all about her. Rachel is reaping the well deserved "rewards" for all the choices she's made.

I really wish that someone would just be honest with her instead of blowing sunshine up her ass.

• Love 1

FIRST accurate musical cue on Glee:  "Shoot that poison arrow through my heart" in the background during the Klainofsky cheek kiss.  

Also, if this whole season is Kurt begging Blaine to come back?  JFC, so fast forwarding.

If I ever find myself in close proximity to the person who is responsible for Kurt's kerchiefs I will not be able to remain civil. Why? For the love of all that is good and decent in the world, why?

• Love 3

If I ever find myself in close proximity to the person who is responsible for Kurt's kerchiefs I will not be able to remain civil. Why? For the love of all that is good and decent in the world, why?

Kurt's kerchiefs > Blaine's bowties

Why were they making fun of Tina? Please tell me she's still at Brown?

Nope, she missed the big group hug and welcome back because she was parking the rental car.

Also, I wish Mike Chang was in this song.

Jane has more talent than any of the previous New New Directions put together. The McKinley story lines would have been so much better if they had recruited more talent like her. And the Warblers joined her instead of being all "ooh, icky girl!"

Edited by mustbekarma

Football guy kind of has a point but my guess is he probably does like singing and such that scene will be meaningless

Why were they even trying to recruit him? They haven't heard him sing and he's shown NO interest.

I liked that football guy credited Modern Family and not "glee club" with helping people accept his sexuality. I was worried when I first read that "post-Glee gay" description of the character.

Girl warbler is good. 

I need to learn people's names, I guess.