Type keyword(s) to search

Loser Like Me / Homecoming: Premiere Liveblog Thread

Cranberry

I  wonder how awkward it is for Naya to sing this song. She sounds amazing though.

Fits with RIB's tradition of bringing in the actor's personal lives into the script in the most awkward way possible.

I actually like the football guy. He may be arrogant and brash, but he's no pushover. I can see him joining Glee club just to spite Sue and prove he isn't going to cave in to her. For all his abrasive attitude, I don't get the vibe that he'd toss people in dumpsters or slushie them. I could be wrong, but I think he's being set up to be a good guy.

• Love 1

All the potential New Newbies (Headphones Guy, Not-Warbler Jane, Flowers in the Attic Twins, Modern Family Gay) actually seem like they could have that interpersonal tension the original group had. Could be okay. 

WRT Naya singing Problem, it might have been a bit awkward.  But OTOH, Ariana Grande's star power is her voice, her incredible range.  And even she can't sing Problem live all the time - she often lowers the "I should be wiser".  The fact that Naya can sing the song well (even in studio) is impressive, maybe she likes knowing that she can go toe to toe vocally with one of the most praised vocalists in pop music right now.

WRT Naya singing Problem, it might have been a bit awkward.  But OTOH, Ariana Grande's star power is her voice, her incredible range.  And even she can't sing Problem live all the time - she often lowers the "I should be wiser".  The fact that Naya can sing the song well (even in studio) is impressive, maybe she likes knowing that she can go toe to toe vocally with one of the most praised vocalists in pop music right now.

I think they were more referring to the fact that Big Sean (Naya's former fiance) is now dating Ariana Grande. Meta! Cruel, cruel meta.

I get that.  But there's no real meta here - nothing to even imply that.  The awkwardness this time is all strictly off-script.  Maybe it's a dig from the writers, if they still have a huge beef with Naya.  OTOH, maybe it isn't, and maybe Naya herself didn't mind showing that she's as good as her ex's new girlfriend.

ETA:  I think the twins are a take on Ryan and Sharpay Evans.

Edited by ancslove

And we're back open for the west coast! Please only post in here if you are watching live; stick to the episode discussion thread if you've already seen them.

Edit: Ha, looks like there's no demand for a west coast liveblog, at least not for the premiere! Noted.

We'll do one of these for the finale. Should be fun!