Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Here's a thought. Maybe it won't be Casifer.

What if it's Amara taking the form of Cas? What if she possesses Cas? Maybe that's why we see Cas say to Dean "Maybe this is a good thing"....I dunno just a ponderance

• Love 1

It sure looks like Cas to me in that promo. If it's not, then who is it?

Oh, I'm sure you're right, catrox. You're really good at interpreting those clips, so I wasn't doubting you. I was wondering if they'd have Sam be stupid/naive/desperate enough to be pointing a regular gun at Castiel, especially a Lucifer possessed one (since Sam knows not even the Colt killed Lucifer. And I've momentarily forgotten what happened to that gun, though I'm guessing Amara is another one of those 5 things that it couldn't kill anyway). And if it's Amara as Cas, as you interestingly suggested, it would likely be even more fruitless to point a gun at him/her.

Crowley's R&D department melted down an angel blade to make angel bullets at the end of S08. What with all the angel wars and the fall, I expect Earth is simply littered with the things.

However...if it's Casifer the gun is pointed at, it won't work, because you need an archangel blade to kill him (possibly), and there were only four of those, and god knows where those are (figuratively speaking).

So I see four possibilities:

1. Sam pointing the gun is a fruitless threat, because it just has regular bullets or demon-killing bullets.

2. Sam's gun has plain old angel bullets, which might injure Casifer, but not kill him.

3. Sam and Dean found an archangel blade (maybe that's why they're back in time???) (or maybe Michael/Adam gives it to them?) and melted it down into bullets

Or...

4. Grigori swords are maybe the equivalent of archangel blades in terms of power, and they got Claire's and melted it down.

::!! scurries off to scribble down ideas that were stalling my next multi-chapter fic...!!::

Oh, I forgot about the angel blade bullets (I've forgotten a bunch of season 8) and the Grigori swords, too, but getting a hold of an archangel blade wouldn't be an easy thing to do I would guess, unless Michael gave them his, though I would think leaving it in its original form would likely be more effective, and permanent, than melting it down into bullets. Also, I'm not sure how easy melting down an archangel blade would be.

And speaking of Gabriel and his sword, what happened to Raphael's sword after god!Castiel killed him? It looked like it just poofed along with him, since nothing was left of Raphael except, as Dean would put it, blecch. Too bad, as that would've been a seriously helpful addition to the arsenal.

My hope? That Sam is the decoy, holding the gun up as an empty threat while Dean sneaks up from behind with - something - that'll trap/depower/whatever Casifer or CasAmara or whatever he is. At least then it won't just be a stupid thing to do to point a gun at him. Of course we'd then likely have the requisite "A gun? That won't do anything to me, Sam." Followed by Sam's "I know it won't Cas, but..." Cut in Dean with "This will." I doubt they'd be that predictable though... I hope.

• Love 2

It sure LOOKS like Casifer. Especially in that intense moment with Rowena.

I'm scared for Cas but thrilled he's getting a big story (or it seems like it). I intend to give Misha a VERY POLITE version of 'I told you so' at the next Meet and Greet I get.

Carver in Dean/Amara: my interpretation is that it's an IMPORTANT event and they want to keep us guessing. Mark my words, this will be eventually explored more.

So Dean goes time-traveling again. I wonder if Sam gets to go too. Then again, Sam wouldn't be allowed on a sub (I'm pretty sure he exceeds the height limit from back in the day)

And yes, that was MY question regarding Shatner. I asked that months ago (when Shatner had on that Leprechaun looking costume). I ask Matt at least 1 question every week. Why he picked THIS one IDEK.

So Dean goes time-traveling again. I wonder if Sam gets to go too. Then again, Sam wouldn't be allowed on a sub (I'm pretty sure he exceeds the height limit from back in the day)

Sam did get to go time traveling twice in "The Song Remains the Same" and "Frontierland", but usually it's Dean that gets to go time traveling or to the alternate dimensions (or altered dimensions in the case of Dean's getting whammied into a djinn delusion twice).

As you say though, Sam would likely be too tall. It's going to be a tight fit already with Dean on the submarine as he isn't really short either.

If that's not Cas, maybe it's a Man of Letters ghost who was stuck in the bowels of the bunker? Oh wait...maybe it's a Styne!?

That's not Billie and Crowley. She looks NOTHING like Billie. Billie has much darker skin and has longer curls.

Edited by catrox14

Oh lord, I hope it's not a Styne! I thought Dean got them all?

The second photo is one of Jodi's wayward girls.

He got all of them in Shreveport. But given how powerful they are/were I would think they had some floating around other parts of the US and Europe.

This face. Nope. I can't. Dean looks....bereft.  He looks like he did right after he killed Cain. He looks like he did when he thought Cas was dead. And if he hadn't had most of his face bashed in by Lucifer!Sam, I think it would have a similar look as after Sam jumped into the pit

5iMRkHR.jpg

(edited)

Yes, that's Alec (now living with Jodi). And we see in the other promo Claire getting bit.

Yikes, that Dean face!

Yep, Crowley has a chain on.

Edited by SueB

Well, at least Dean isn't the Samsel in distress. I haven't had a chance to look at the above clips yet, but if it is Casifer,* I guess that means that Castiel has to sacrifice to get Sam out. Really? Again?

Even if Dean only saves Castiel and Castiel does most of the world saving, at least Dean isn't the dupe and the damsel like Sam would be.

For me, it`s still like: it`s easier not to be nominated for an Oscar if you`ve already won one than if you never have, never even really were nominated before. Sam is set for life in my mind, he had his moment like that in the sun. Cas came onto the show in Season 4 and he still gets his moment before Dean? Not a fan of this idea.

I can only hope this entire Season isn`t a blatant retellng of Season 5, right down to the Finale with the exact same - or even worse (shouldn`t be possible because worse than nothing? but these writers find a way usually) - role for Dean. Right now, so much stuff looks like copy/paste from that year.

And Lucifer getting free as Casifer is just such an easy ploy to keep Cas offscreen for a while. Basically Lucifer is the new Netflix here. AND serve as a placeholder to keep Lucifer around till he can possess Sam in the Finale to fight Amara.    .  . 

• Love 1

The brothers will REMAIN a united front. Well I'm not so sure they are all that united now, Mr. Carver. 

I was thinking more about Dean's face in that pic I posted and I am really puzzling over what it is he looks so...broken over.

-Could that be the moment he realizes he has to go back to Hell and he's terrified? I swear to Gods if they don't address Dean having been in Hell for 40 years in this episode...

-Does he think Cas is dead and gone?

-Is this when he learns that Sam is trapped which I don't think so because he has the call with Crowley. 

= I don't think it's Rufus and Bobby related unless he finds out Bobby is in Heaven Jail or whatever. They just started filming the rufus and Bobby episode because Jim Beaver tweeted about being on his way to Vancouver a couple of days ago.

-Is Claire or Jody dead. What about Donna?

-I really also want to know more about his discussion with Billie. Like why is he going to Billie at all. Could that be when he finds out that there is no coming back for them that the Empty is what awaits them when they die this time? And that is all because he killed Death?  

It's almost like a Schrodinger's Spoiler. I want to know until I don't want to know because the answer might kill me but not knowing is kind of killing me too. 

Could that be the moment he realizes he has to go back to Hell and he's terrified? I swear to Gods if they don't address Dean having been in Hell for 40 years in this episode...

Does anyone on the show remember that? I mean, other than the "he tortured souls" part they randomely bring up as if he is a semi-evil person. I don`t expect a mention at all. Maybe a joke at his expense. In which case, I`m fine with no mention at all. 

Does he think Cas is dead and gone?

He says they will save him. Aka Cas. So my guess is no, he doesn`t think Cas is dead. No idea how they are gonna pull off an angel possessing a vessel noone but another angel possesses. Who gives consent? How can angel-on-angel-possession work? Is there anything they will not lol!carver at this point?    

Though it could very well be the moment when things calm down after the storm and Dean realizes that Cas is gone for the moment. Lucifer is in the wind. Amara is still around. And they have no idea what to do next. My guess is the moment is a culmination of many things, not a specific moment. But it could be many things really. I recently read that Supernatural is 11 years of "Dean Winchester can`t win" which I agree with so it`s a wonder in and of itself his face isn`t permanently fixed like that.

As for Carver`s interview, well, the interviewer did`n`t ask a single one thing that I would be interested in, like a question about Dean. So in this case, I can`t even blame Carver for not really mentioning him in any specific way. I could care less about united fronts, God and Lucifer. 

• Love 1

How can angel-on-angel-possession work? Is there anything they will not lol!carver at this point?

I posed this question a while back. I'm wondering if it can work in Cas' case because Jimmy is dead and Cas is essentially his own vessel and he was an actual human so maybe that makes him able to be possessed by another angel and he can give consent by proxy since Jimmy is long dead?

If Cas can't actually be possessed by Lucifer then how does Lucifer get out of the cage?

Perhaps Rowena offers herself up?

I'm not totally convinced that's Casifer trying to kiss Rowena. It reminded me a bit of Cas acting like he was going to kiss Meg before throwing her in the holy fire to get out of the fire ring back in the day.

Now back to my Casmara notion. Maybe it's Casmara trying to suck out Rowena's soul in Cas' meatsuit. It might explain why Cas says "This could be a good thing".  It would be Amara proving to Dean that Cas is protected under her in some warped way.   And since Amara has told Dean they will be together, maybe she posseses Cas and demands a prisoner swap with Dean to get Cas back? Like she'll give up Cas if Dean becomes one with her?

ETA: Also, I'm thinking maybe Amara burned the I AM COMING onto Cas' chest as a warning to Dean? Then if Dean doesn't cooperate with her...she decides to possess Cas? I dunno. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
I recently read that Supernatural is 11 years of "Dean Winchester can`t win"

It's funny (i.e. interesting, seriously not picking a fight) how different people experience the same thing so differently. My reaction to Supernatural is that it's been 11 yrs of "everything is Sam's fault". 

• Love 3

Why did I click? Brain bleach, brain bleeeaaaach. 

Seriously, they will not only talk about it but actually revisit my most hated scene of all time? And of course have Lucifer himself congratulate Sam on defeating him and saving the world all alone by sheer power of will. While Dean is on the ground like the nobody he is in that episode. Heck, this cut even completely erased the miniscule part that he had. Guess noone remembers it, not Sam, not Lucifer, not anyone.  

Could this be any more hateful?

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1

Really??? 

Just gonna be over here picking my eyeballs off the floor because that finally something in this show made them roll out of my head.

rant warning/

So, this is what we're doing.  Are they trying to tell me that Sam doesn't remember his fight with Lucifer at all? That's new right? He didn't remember his time in Hell because of the lack of a soul and the wall once his soul was restored but I thought he remembered everything that happened at Stull Cemetary, you know like beating the fuck out of Dean??

And just in case anyone forgot the sacrifice Sam made for humanity by jumping into the pit....let's watch it again!!

Look I get it's supposed to be Lucifer manipulating Sam into helping him, but FFS, if after all this time, Sam reactions are true then he has no self esteem about his act to save the planet?

I swear I'm borderline hoping he says yes.  Then we can have the Apocalypse after all! And maybe Dean will be Michael's meatsuit at long last...HAHAHHAHAHAH RIGHT.../bitter Dean girl rant

Man......I'm gonna need copious quantities of alcohol to get through episode if I have to re-watch Swan Song.  Sorry but I fucking hate Swan Song. 

• Love 1

For me, it`s still like: it`s easier not to be nominated for an Oscar if you`ve already won one than if you never have, never even really were nominated before. Sam is set for life in my mind, he had his moment like that in the sun. Cas came onto the show in Season 4 and he still gets his moment before Dean? Not a fan of this idea.

Taken to the "Supernatural Bitterness & Unpopular Opinions" thread.

And Lucifer getting free as Casifer is just such an easy ploy to keep Cas offscreen for a while. Basically Lucifer is the new Netflix here. AND serve as a placeholder to keep Lucifer around till he can possess Sam in the Finale to fight Amara.

In which case it would be Lucifer saving the world in a Sam meatsuit. Sam would have nothing to do with it except to offer his body as a conduit.

I recently read that Supernatural is 11 years of "Dean Winchester can`t win" which I agree with 

It's funny (i.e. interesting, seriously not picking a fight) how different people experience the same thing so differently. My reaction to Supernatural is that it's been 11 yrs of "everything is Sam's fault". 

And, shockingly, my feeling is that it's neither of those things.  Both are entirely too close to absolute statements about the show for my taste.  Both statements ignore the fact that Sam and Dean have scored wins and been blamed for the things they did wrong.  IMO, of course.

To get back to spoilers, Misha (way back in November) said that Cas makes a deal with the Devil, but stated it in a way that made it sound metaphorical.  Sneaky, sneaky!

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/supernatural/supernatural-interview-misha-collins-58036.aspx

"In an effort to combat the Darkness, in a sense, Cas makes another deal with the Devil that becomes another one of those things that everyone probably knows is a bad idea, but he does it," says Collins
  • Love 6

Look I get it's supposed to be Lucifer manipulating Sam into helping him, but FFS, if after all this time, Sam reactions are true then he has no self esteem about his act to save the planet?

In Carver's world, I think yes, because if you notice that's what Lucifer goes for in the end. Lucifer is great at manipulating and that's what he goes for... "Oh look, Sammy, at how brave you used to be" - Lucifer of course conveniently forgets to mention how reckless Sam was and that Sam "beat him" partially due to luck, because that does not fit Lucifer's agenda here - "But awww what a pity. You're a total wimp and loser now." And of course the only way for this to work on Sam is if that's what Sam does think of himself now, and I have a suspicion that that is what Carver thinks Sam thinks of himself (and that Sam generally is).

If it turns out that Sam is just about to give in to Lucifer, but Dean and Castiel show up just in the nick of time to save him from himself - you know, for drama, forget how that would make Sam look - then I think that might be some evidence that that is what Carver thinks of Sam. I will be offended on Sam's behalf, because how humiliating for Sam's character would that be?

I am hoping that I am really, really wrong here and that Sam isn't at all swayed by Lucifer, because come on... He survived and came back from around 180 years of torture, and a little brow-beating is gonna make Sam give up? The wimpifying of the character will then be complete.

I sure hope that I am wrong. Sadly, when it comes to what Carver does to Sam, I'm usually not.

• Love 1

Heh. I think it's brilliantly manipulative. Play on Sam's guilt and save-the-world complex. Not "you're no good now", but,"didn't you used to be about 'saving people'? If you let me have your meat suit, then I'll help get rid of The Darkness...you'll save the world again..."

• Love 1

Well, this means the fast-forward button gets a real workout. I was blind-sided by this clip but I will be damned if I ever, ever, ever watch those scenes again in my lifetime. And this cut was even worse than the original. No need to relive the horror of 6 years (and thiry minutes) ago.  

• Love 1

For the life of me, I did not understand why in Just My Imagination we went back Sam apparently feeling unappreciated for saving the world because that's not why Sam actually did it.  He did it because it was redemption for starting the Apocalypse in the first place. He never sought appreciation for that moment, nor approval for a job well done, not that I can remember. But now I see they did it to set up this entire scene with Lucifer, that Sam really does feel unappreciated and unworthy so Lucifer can pick at that thread. Otherwise we would all be scratching our heads as to why Sam once more feels so unworthy or guilty. 

That doesn't explain what deal Lucifer is offering that requires Sam to not be soft. It seems to me that you can't have Sam state an near absolute that Sam did in 11.01 re the boys having to change and stop saving each other if it hurts other people without putting that choice in Sam's face during the season. So I'm thinking here Lucifer is telling Sam he can save Dean from Amara's clutches and would Sam be brave enough to do that and would Sam risk the world to save Dean.  Or at least that's what I would have done LOL

Edited by catrox14

For the life of me, I did not understand why in Just My Imagination we went back Sam apparently feeling unappreciated for saving the world because that's not why Sam actually did it.  He did it because it was redemption for starting the Apocalypse in the first place. He never sought appreciation for that moment, nor approval for a job well done, not that I can remember. But now I see they did it to set up this entire scene with Lucifer, that Sam really does feel unappreciated and unworthy so Lucifer can pick at that thread. Otherwise we would all be scratching our heads as to why Sam once more feels so unworthy or guilty. 

That doesn't explain what deal Lucifer is offering that requires Sam to not be soft. It seems to me that you can't have Sam state an near absolute that Sam did in 11.01 re the boys having to change and stop saving each other if it hurts other people without putting that choice in Sam's face during the season. So I'm thinking here Lucifer is telling Sam he can save Dean from Amara's clutches and would Sam be brave enough to do that and would Sam risk the world to save Dean.  Or at least that's what I would have done LOL

I agree with you, catrox. That is why Sam did it in the first place: to redeem himself from his mistake. He even told Dean that was the case in either "Swan Song" or the episode before. "I let him [Lucifer] out. I should be the one to put him back in." I think though Lucifer's manipulation could still work in this context though. "Are you strong enough to fix your mistake again" (like you did last time.) Because I think Lucifer can either read Sam's mind (he used to be able to do that) or he has a pretty good inkling that Sam caused the problem this time, also... hence his asking last episode "whyever would you come down here again?"

So I think Lucifer knows, and I think that's exactly why he's giving Sam the "trip down memory lane."  In other words..."Remember what happened the last time you started the apocalypse? And what you had to do to stop it?" Hint Hint. And then the dig "but you've gone soft now. Maybe you aren't strong enough to redeem yourself this time."

The Dean vs everybody question could come into play, but I'm not sure what Sam would do in that situation. He's kind of expressed both opinions on that this season.

• Love 2

Episode description for ​Don't You Forget About Me:

KIM RHODES RETURNS AS SHERIFF JODY MILLS — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) drop in on Jody Mills (guest star Kim Rhodes), Claire (guest star Kathryn Newton) and Alex (guest star Katherine Ramdine) after receiving a panicked phone call from Claire. She believes the recent murders in town are supernatural and wants the boys’ help. However, Sheriff Mills tells Sam and Dean that Claire has been getting into trouble lately as she’s been attacking normal people and accusing them of being monsters. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Nancy Won (#1112).  Original airdate 2/3/2016.

Nancy Won also wrote Thin Lizzie.

ETA  Oops, forgot the link: http://www.ksitetv.com/supernatural/supernatural-spoilers-dont-you-forget-about-me/92596/

Edited by Demented Daisy

I'm thinking/hoping that Dean figures out in the next episode that Cas is Lucifer. 

I thought something was off when Cas was speaking directly to Dean and making eye contact that was not awkward. But mostly Cas always touches Dean on the shoulder that he left the handprint on when he raised him from Perdition. I'm hoping that weird look on Dean's face is him thinking...."Nah, bruh. You always touch me on the other shoulder. You ain't right"

• Love 1

http://www.ksitetv.com/supernatural/supernatural-spoilers-love-hurts-description/93406/

Love Hurts episode description:

WHO DO YOU LOVE? – Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a set of murders on Valentine’s Day and discover they are dealing with an ancient curse. Once kissed by the curse, the person is marked to die. Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Eric Charmelo & Nicole Snyder (#1113). Original airdate 2/10/2016.

Actor/Actress Making Surprise Return to Drama Series

Fairly certain this isn't Supernatural, but it's fun to speculate, anyway.  Especially because we've already gotten a couple surprise returns (Matt Cohen, Colin Ford).  Since the scenes have already been filmed -- and we know that they're currently filming the Bobby/Rufus episode -- it would be awesome if my wild-ass spec came true (they went back in time and talked to some deceased archangels).

But since I would love that, it'll never happen.

The only one I can think of is JDM as 'fan favorite" although a lot of fans hate John.

There aren't any hints that it's a supernatural oriented show. It mentions undetected and top secret so I suspect it's someone from a criminal or detective show or spy show of some kind.

Although the first line says you can go home again. Home could be Lawrence, but I would be really surprised since JDM is on the Good Wife and The Walking Dead.  Of course, they did surprise us with Chuck in Fan Fiction...

Hmmmm ..

Edited by catrox14

If it's Supernatural, I'd say Gabriel.

Speaking of returns...I've decided that, yes, Rowena is going to to be back, and Lucifer is going to regret killing her so quickly...

My prediction of the end episodes of the season:

The boys will realize that they need Michael to kill/imprison Luci. Crowley's going to realize Rowena's in Hell and speed up the demon transformation, and let them know he's got her. And she'll help them, willingly, because how much more scorned is a woman than having her idol kill her? (Which will hearken back to the retcon of her being spurned by the nobleman who knocked her up.)

Edited by Omegamom
  • Love 2

Soooo, it just occurred to me that ....

With Lucifer possessing Cas, he has access to the location of Metatron, the demon tablet, and the First Blade, which is really really bad. I refuse to believe Cas just made a spur of the moment decision based on feeling so inadequate or useless because of what Amara said, unless she did something to him to make him feel that way.

so.....I'm noodling (hi MickLady and Mr MickLady) on a theory that Cas knew exactly what he was doing before he ever went to meet Dean and look for Amara after the angel

I'm wondering if he gave the First Blade to Bobby when he went to Heaven and it's stashed somewhere in Bobby's Heaven cell. And maybe he gave the demon tablet to Mrs Tran so Kevin's ghost could try and decipher it further.  Metatron is the wild card here still. 

Edited by catrox14

Well, like I said in a couple of posts, she's a bad 'un, so when she dies, she goes straight to Hell. Lucifer, Crowley, et al. should have realized that. I wonder whether she's going to concentrate on taking Hell over from Crowley or will Lucifer have superseded Crowley in the "Rowena's Most Hated" list...

ETA: Okay, yeah. It's generic enough that I think you're right, and that's the shot from 11.10. Humph.

Edited by Omegamom

Rowena in Hell or Heaven....

Since Death is dead, and God is gone MIA, could the Darkness determine Rowena's ultimate fate. Or Billie. What if they decide to bring her back to life or send her to Heaven because they think Rowena was fucked over by the baby daddy and it broke her for the rest of her life, so all her deeds were because of him? Or just because they felt like it.

Okay see I hate those episode descriptions. 

That was a lovely scene and the humor was not gross. She was teasing with him and she laughed knowing she didn't mean it. At least in my opinion that was what it was. 

Also, I don't know about you...but I thought that scene was pretty dang meta about the show, the actors, the fandom and the question of continuing into a 12th season or not. 

• Love 1

Not a fan of the Deansel in distress promo pics. I had hoped the character might feature better now in the second half of the Season but if this is how they start out with, probably not so much.

The clip on the other hand is pretty good. They managed to create a dynamic that isn`t cringeworthy but actually pretty charming in its own way.

Bobby and Dean in a scene together? Le Sigh. I was glad that Bobby didn`t have interaction with Dean in his last appearance because I didn`t care for a denigrating "be better to your wonderful brother" speech. I sure hope they can refrain from it now.