Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Partly said:

Maybe it was marked down at St. Vinnie's and he needed a new jacket...

I don't know what St. Vinnie's is...

Goldy makes the best case though that Dean is wearing a leather coat to go to this club. 

3 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I don't know why he's wearing it, but it looks pretty good on him, so I have no complaints...

True.  But both the boys look good in anything (or nothing). I'm easy that way.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I don't know what St. Vinnie's is...

Sorry!  It's St. Vincent De Paul.  An organization that takes donations and resells items in a thrift store.  In my little small town they also provide food pantry and free medical care.  Seems like a place hunters would use.

1 minute ago, Partly said:

Sorry!  It's St. Vincent De Paul.  An organization that takes donations and resells items in a thrift store.  In my little small town they also provide food pantry and free medical care.  Seems like a place hunters would use.

Oh, okay.  I know what St Vincent de Paul is. I didn't know it was referred to as St. Vinnie's though LOL. That would explain all that Prada Dean was wearing in s9.   I think though they are more Army Surplus shoppers

It does look good. I'm concerned for Dean's safety. He generally wears 2 shirts and a jacket for practical reasons because he hides his gun and knives, a flask of holy water, some salt bullets, a flask of whiskey, and 6 fake ids. Where is he going to put all that inside that snug fitting jacket? 

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It does look good. I'm concerned for Dean's safety. He generally wears 2 shirts and a jacket for practical reasons because he hides his gun and knives, a flask of holy water, some salt bullets, a flask of whiskey, and 6 fake ids. Where is he going to put all that inside that snug fitting jacket? 

Sometimes you just have to go with good looks over functionality!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Sometimes you just have to go with good looks over functionality

I'm going with he's gonna have a switchblade in there. Also, if they have to get inside the venue, how will they get in with their weapons? I mean I think to a degree there is a reason they avoid places with a ton of security LOL except for a maximum security prison in s10.....

I would  laugh if he and Sam were posing as members of the band in some way. That would be amusing.

17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I would  laugh if he and Sam were posing as members of the band in some way. That would be amusing.

Dean would make an excellent roadie.  And, if Dean was in charge of cover stories, he would get Sam in as hairdresser -- or something equally ridiculous.  Of course, they both could double as security.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, SueB said:

Wait, your complaining about one layer and leather???   Who are you and what have you done with catrox?  J/K.   I know it's not Dean's style.  

Hey if it's behind closed doors or the back of the Impala, a one night stand, cosplay for Cas (I'm kidding) I'm all for it. But he's on a hunt/mission. This makes him more vulnerable. 

• Love 1

Dean is wearing the jacket and IMO he looks none to happy about it. Kind of like when he put the fed threads on in Phantom Traveler. That's my interpretation. I could be wrong But oh my gods he looks hot LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Gods I love this BTS stuff.  Watching Jensen,

Jensen waiting, waiting, waiting, flicks something off the car..wait.....for it...and...DEAN! He just became Dean in an instant. Slight hunched shoulders, more heavy walk than  Jensen. Man...that's so cool.

• Love 2

I am SO! happy to see Dean in a leather again. It has been much too long. YUM!! And yes, I love the split-second transformation from JA to Dean, too. Angry!Dean = LOVE! to me. He's another one of my favorites.  ;-)

• Love 1

First look photo at episode 2

Keep Calm and Carry On promo photos and press release

MAMA WINCHESTER IS BACK — Dean (Jensen Ackles) is overwhelmed as he comes face to face with his mom, Mary Winchester (guest star Samantha Smith). Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki) is fighting for his life after Toni, from the Woman of Letters, shot him.  Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#1201).  Original airdate 10/13/2016.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

I think so, yeah.  

This isn't going to be a shortened season, is it?  Nah, probably not....

I don't think so. It was reported a while back they only were doing 22 episodes, but I think that was a mistake and someone--perhaps Jim Michaels--tweeted they had a full 23-episode schedule. I think it's just due to the timing of them premiering late. The mid-season finale is always the last one to air before the winter break and if they have less weeks to fill until then... . 

8 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

When is Daneel due?  Maybe they're pushing the mid-season forward so Jensen can be with her.

Perhaps, but I don't think it will change their shooting schedule, though, they usually keep shooting and have another three or four episodes shot before the break. I think they'll just be further ahead of airing when they come back, is all.

I'm not sure when Daneel is due, though, I think the speculation is December-ish when they would normally be on break anyway. I really haven't followed this though, so I might be wrong.

I'm guessing they might adjust the schedule after the break so Jensen can spend more time at home after the kids are born. But, I'm guessing Dean will just be written light like they did with Sam back when Jared was having his second kid. That's my guess anyway, I really don't know.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

I would guess that wanting to avoid another head to head NFL Thursday night (on broadcast) TV might be the driver.  I imagine scripted shows stop doing well after mid-December.  And EP 9 pushes them to the 15th (I think).  So... protecting the ratings I would guess.  

Maybe this means less gap-osis on the back-end.  I'd be up for that.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Behind the scenes.  Okay, look I'm not keen on Dean wearing a leather jacket of this style, but holy mother of gods, Jensen looks so beautiful here.

tumblr_oe9rckA6sZ1s56ooco9_1280.jpg

I don't have a problem with either one wearing it, please yes and thank you!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Diane said:

I don't have a problem with either one wearing it, please yes and thank you!

I just hear Dean saying 'Only douchebags wear this, Sam!"  And grumbles about not having John's jacket anymore.

• Love 1

Supernatural “Mamma Mia” Description: Rick Springfield Guest Stars

http://www.ksitetv.com/supernatural/supernatural-mamma-mia-description-rick-springfield-guest-stars/123698/

The CW has released an official description for the October 20 episode of Supernatural.

This one is called “Mamma Mia” and the original Human Target, Rick Springfield, guest stars! Here’s the write-up:

RICK SPRINGFIELD GUEST STARS — Dean (Jensen Ackles), Castiel (Misha Collins) and Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) have a lead on Sam (Jared Padalecki) and set out to rescue him. Dean is uncomfortable with putting Mary in danger but she insists on going along. Meanwhile, Crowley (Mark A. Sheppard) is tipped off that Lucifer has taken over the body of rock star Vince Vicente (guest star Rick Springfield).  Thomas J. Wright directed the episode written by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming (#1202).  Original airdate 10/20/2016.

So, I'm reading that description and thinking, pretty much as I expected based on spoilers already released. Okay. This part made me smile:

Thomas J. Wright directed the episode

And this part made me want to cry:

written by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming

Episode 2? They're giving episode 2 to the Horrible Duo? Why do they insist on torturing me so early in the season? 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 4

Since I consider Mary staying around for a while a spoiler, I'll put my list of "awkward conversations with Mom" (starting questions/statements) here:

1) What did the demon want with you Sam?
2) "How did your father die?"
3) How did you meet Castiel?
4) Didn't you ever try to settle down? 
5) What do you mean "put Lucifer back in the cage for good this time?" Have you put in a cage before?
6) How did I get here?
7) How did Lucifer get out of hell?
8) What do you mean I have to get a tatoo?
9) Why do you have the number '666' on speed dial Dean?

And things Castiel might slip:
1) Grandpa Campbell -- he was alive? How? And how did he die again? 
2) Who's Crowley?
3) Who's Adam?

The territory is rich.  Things I would LIKE brought up: Amara, Crowley, the first and second Apocalypse, the books.  Things I would prefer NOT brought up: Adam, demon blood drinking for Sam, Dean's time as a demon (that might scare her), and Leviathans.

But if Crowley meets her... well, he'll probably bring up MOST of the bad stuff.

• Love 2

EP12.2 Photos:
http://www.thetvaddict.com/2016/09/30/supernatural-photos-season-12-episode-2-mamma-mia/

Thoughts:

Looks like Dean goes in to get Sam, gets captured, and Mary comes in to the rescue.  While I'd like to think that was planned (they'd let their guard down if they had BOTH Winchesters, not expecting a third), I suspect that this is a little service to Mary to establish her bonafides as a hunter.  Since neither of the boys have anything to prove IMO, I'm okay with it.  The audience may not be so ready to accept Mary as a viable hunter (see conversation upthread), so the show may want to demonstrate her current skillset.  Plus, within the show, she's going to have to be pretty damn good before Dean lets her continue to be on hunts.  So, a demonstration of Mary's talents is probably in order.  My advance condolences to those who can't stand it when Sam and Dean look weak for the sake of a guest star.  

• Love 3

Eh, I don't think it makes them look weak when they're tied up, but this picture cracked me the hell up. As with tying them to dinky little chairs that I think could break just by them sitting on them--because they are not dinky little men--these handcuffs don't look all that restrictive--it appears Dean could just slide his fists right through them--and knowing Dean Winchester's propensity for getting himself out of handcuffs the whole thing had me in stitches. Too funny! ;)

SN1202b_0087b1.jpg

As to Mary saving their asses, she is their mother. I'm not sure she needs any super hunting skills to go all mother hen on those bitches! ;)

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, SueB said:

Plus, within the show, she's going to have to be pretty damn good before Dean lets her continue to be on hunts.  So, a demonstration of Mary's talents is probably in order.

I agree that the show wants to establish Mary's bona fides as a hunter early on. But, if the show takes the viewpoint that it is Dean's decision to allow her to hunt, I will be a very unhappy viewer. While I understand that he will be concerned about her safety, as he should be, I do not want the show to imply that Mary's decision to hunt (or not hunt) is dependent on Dean's judgement. That he is the final arbiter of what Mary can and cannot do. No thank you. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bessie said:

I agree that the show wants to establish Mary's bona fides as a hunter early on. But, if the show takes the viewpoint that it is Dean's decision to allow her to hunt, I will be a very unhappy viewer. While I understand that he will be concerned about her safety, as he should be, I do not want the show to imply that Mary's decision to hunt (or not hunt) is dependent on Dean's judgement. That he is the final arbiter of what Mary can and cannot do. No thank you. 

No one should be the arbiter of what Mary can or can't do.I'm not following though where that idea is coming from. Is there something in a clip or synopsis that implies Dean will be trying to tell her what to do? 

Dean's easily accepted his not!sister Charlie, Donna, Jody, Jo, Ellen etc as hunters so there is no reason for him to DEMAND Mary stop hunting. He could ask her to not hunt out of worry but if it becomes an argument that will be ridiculous. Especially considering Dean actually DID hunt with her in the past and knows she was  capable and admired her for her skills. That said, I wouldn't put it past them to write a scene that regressed Dean so that Mary can stand up to her son and tell him where to get off. If they go that route expect me to throw the bullshit flag.

• Love 1

So in one of the stills we see Dean aiming a gun at someone.  That is not Dean's gun.  I am now irrationally alarmed as to the whereabouts of Dean's gun. I'm thinking he left it at the bunker when he went to meet his end. So he gets it back and then what it gets confiscated somewhere along the way? I mean Dean is not about to go on a mission without his gun. So I suppose the women of Letters have it? They had better not tossed it away.

#SaveDeansGun

• Love 1

My advance condolences to those who can't stand it when Sam and Dean look weak for the sake of a guest star. 

I hate that BS with the fire of ten thousand fiery suns. That's why I'm DVRing the season to begin with. Why can't she just hold her own with them. Why do they have they look incompetent to make anyone appear to be as competent as them. It's ridiculous and juvenile and the worst kind of writing that I can imagine and they fall back on it all the time and I'm sick and tired of putting up with it and I refuse to watch it any more. So if they go there, I'm skipping over it. That's what the FF button is for AFAIC.

Edited by Myrelle
7 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I hate that BS. That's why I'm DVRing the season to begin with. Why can't she just hold her own with them. Why do they have they look incompetent to make anyone appear to be as competent as them. It's ridiculous and juvenile and the worst kind of writing that I can imagine and they fall back on it all the time and I'm sick and tired of putting up with it and I refuse to watch it any more. So if they go there, I'm skipping over it. That's what the FF button is for AFAIC.

I'm still holding out hope that Dean gets himself captured on purpose so Mary and Cass can follow him to Sam. We'll see, but I'm not sure it makes them incompetent just because they're handcuffed. 

• Love 2