Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

I think Lady Whatsername is going to be a Woman Of Letters.  And the British contingent is going to be trying to "bring the Winchesters into the fold", reboot the US MOL, rein them in, but Sam and Dean are all, look, lady, we've dealt with Lucifer and Leviathan and The Darkness and God, so why should we be listening to you lot?  And a subplot of S12 will be her popping up during their hunts and trying to interfere with their Hunting habits, telling them what to do.

Of course, given my track record, ain't gonna happen.

12 minutes ago, Omegamom said:

I think Lady Whatsername is going to be a Woman Of Letters.  And the British contingent is going to be trying to "bring the Winchesters into the fold", reboot the US MOL, rein them in, but Sam and Dean are all, look, lady, we've dealt with Lucifer and Leviathan and The Darkness and God, so why should we be listening to you lot?  And a subplot of S12 will be her popping up during their hunts and trying to interfere with their Hunting habits, telling them what to do.

I could see that.

I think a Dean sacrifice is a given at this point.  (I thought so at the end of last season, too, but oh well.)  I'll spoiler tag this for those people who are tired of reading my Harry Potter parallels.  (It's okay.  I don't blame you.)

Spoiler

Anyway, I was just watching The Monster at the End of This Book.  I had forgotten that Chuck lived in a small town called Kripke's Hollow.  Dumbledore was from the village of Godric's Hollow.    

Oh, and Dumbledore lied to Harry, a lot.  Don't get me wrong, he also taught Harry a lot.  Not everything was a lie, but he kept his plan from Harry right up until he died, and even then, another character had to reveal the way for Harry to defeat Voldemort.  

Huh.  I wonder if Metatron is Snape....  

Incidentally, JK Rowling says that Dumbledore is her, as an adult.  Just like Chuck/God is Kripke.  I wonder how far back the parallels go....

• Love 2

I think you're spot on with Chuck=Dumbledore parallel. (HP book spoilers)

Spoiler

Snape wasn't wrong, Dumbledore DID raise Harry just to die at the right time.  It's a chilling insight into a beloved character.  And J/K Rowling herself.

Here's what has me stumped.  Precisely what does Dean thinks Amara intends to do to him and what actually DOES Amara want to do to Dean?  How does he "literally" become a part of her.   I've been mulling it over in my head and it's really vague (sort of like her title of The Darkness was initially very vague).  Options:

1) Consume his soul.  Ooohkay.  But Tthat would mean Dean and/or Amara thinks she COULD and that the kiss in EP9 was just her forestalling the inevitable versus a failed attempt at eating his soul.  But then wouldn't Dean just be alive but soulless? Her other victims were.

But Dean said specifically "adios". Which, of course, literally means "to God".  Or it could be just Dean saying adios as in I'll never see you again as that's the way he thinks of his hookups.  But the implication is he is literally, physically, 'gone'.

2) From EP9-22 there was that sexual overtone, and she said that the two would become "one".  But that's pretty much the metaphorical "oneness" that Dean specifically said this was NOT what she was after. Although that whole 'sensations you arouse' kinda was a bit of a feint in that direction, Dean doesn't seem to think "sex" is what she's after.

3) God said Dean was the firewall between Light and Darkness.  That seems pretty metaphorical too.  Does Amara somehow want to "absorb" Dean.  I'm thinking of Charlie, split on the ground in two and one Charlie goes into the other Charlie.  Is there some weird process by which Dean becomes fully non-corporeal and she absorbs him?

4) Amara also said he needed to give up his "smallness, his humanity."  Well that ALSO implies some sort of physical transformation.  So.. does she kiss him or wave her hand at him and he turns into a glowy ball of light or something? Or they both turn into a glowy ball and then they become ONE glowy ball?  Or some equivalent construct.  Maybe it's a swirly black hole (vice anything to do with light).  And they combine swirly black hole-ness. 

Still... the implication is that Amara herself continues and he becomes a part of HER.  Which takes me back to "eat his soul" kind of space.  Maybe she turns his essence into the swirly stuff Metatron turned into and she eats the whole thing. 

5) And what is the difference between what HE would become versus what everyone else would become?  Because she sent that sheriff to give him a message "but not you"  So everyone else was supposed to die in that town but Dean.  But eventually if she wipes out creation, what form of entity would Dean TAKE at her side.  And if he's not really at her side but a "part" of her, then how is he different than anyone else.

I don't know.  I'm just spitballin' here but I'm left with some serious vague threat of how this is going to play out and looking for ideas.

So... any ideas?  Am I being obtuse?  I think there's a clue here in all this language and I can't find it. 

40 minutes ago, SueB said:

So... any ideas?  Am I being obtuse?  I think there's a clue here in all this language and I can't find it.

I think it's mighty weird that God is not particularly fussed about the existence of demons nor Dean being a demon which lead me to a really fucked up thought. It really doesn't make sense and I rather hate myself for it but here we go: 

Lilith was the First Demon made by Lucifer. But maybe she is Amara's first creation via the Mark via Lucifer. Not via sexy times but just her compelling Lucifer to turn a human soul into a demon; That Amara decided to change Chod's creation into HER creation.  Maybe Amara has been missing her "first born" and she wants to make new Liliths but in a new way via Dean. I don't know if it's sexy times or she wants his life force to create new life again.

God says Dean is the "firewall' between light and dark but maybe what he really means is that Dean's DNA or whatever having been a demon at some point will make another new Lilith 2.0 seal which puts Lucifer back in the Cage and that is the firewall.  So maybe he wants Dean to actually go with Amara to make that firewall, in whatever way that means :(.

I have no idea how the Amara/Dean thing is going to play out, but I have to assume that what she is talking about with him is different from what she's done with every other soul she's eaten or absorbed.   I think when he said "adios", he meant that it would be goodbye for him, as in the end of his life, at least the life he currently has.  

I also don't have a clue how this mysterious new woman plays into the last two episodes.  I'm not sure that shoe-horning her into this season will be such a great idea, but I guess I'll have to wait to see.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Omegamom said:

My assumption has been she's a relative of Crowley's- his father was a nobleman.

Why do you think Fergus' father was a Nobleman? The only thing Rowena said was that he was wealthy and married. Fergus's meatsuit is Crowley who was a Brit living in NY working as a literary agent. . Lady Whatshername could be related to the meatsuit Crowley. Maybe she's trying to figure out what happened to the real Crowley. 

I still can't figure out how Crowley could touch a Hand of God and not have it destroy him.

47 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Why do you think Fergus' father was a Nobleman? The only thing Rowena said was that he was wealthy and married. 

Why shouldn't I think wealthy equals nobility?

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Why do you think Fergus' father was a Nobleman? The only thing Rowena said was that he was wealthy and married. Fergus's meatsuit is Crowley who was a Brit living in NY working as a literary agent. . Lady Whatshername could be related to the meatsuit Crowley. Maybe she's trying to figure out what happened to the real Crowley. 

I still can't figure out how Crowley could touch a Hand of God and not have it destroy him.

Isn't Crowley the name of the demon--the name Fergus took on after he became a demon--not the name of the meatsuit? 

"Am I being obtuse?  I think there's a clue here in all this language and I can't find it. "

Well then I am obtuse also! I don't understand what the difference is either. "We will be one" sounds like she will absorb him-but it feels like she means in a different way then the other souls she sucked out.

8 hours ago, mertensia said:

Because it doesn't always.  Especially not in British aristocracy.  Case in point: Kate Middleton.  Family is very wealthy.  But she was not nobility until after she married William.  

3 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

11 hours ago, mertensia said:

Because it doesn't always.  Especially not in British aristocracy.  Case in point: Kate Middleton.  Family is very wealthy.  But she was not nobility until after she married William.  

But that's today.  That wasn't necessarily the case 300+ years ago.  Rich and a "grand house" says nobility to me, too.

• Love 2

Report from Motor City Comic Con with Robbie Thompson

http://sensitivehandsomeactionman.tumblr.com/post/144422429931/stuff-from-robbie-thompsons-motor-city-comic-con/embed

susurrantpetrichor“

Baby” was the episode that was most fun for him to write, and included the longest scene he’s ever written (the “sleepover scene” he called it)

Who was Charlie based on? “Russell Crowe.” (i.e. his character from The Insider because the pitch for the episode was there was a whistleblower inside Dick Roman’s company)

Advice to aspiring screenwriters: read as much as possible (not necessarily scripts though because “they’re boring”); remember the medium is visual; be as simple and direct as possible; listen to collaborators

Does he ship destiel? […stick your fingers in your ears if you don’t want the answer…] He said that as a fan, he’s not really a shipper of anything. He just told Curtis Armstrong [paging @larinah :D] that actually the last thing he remembers shipping was Herbert Viola and Agnes DiPesto on Moonlighting. Also he shipped Han and Luke in The Empire Strikes Back. But he also added his kind of usual positions on all this, which are: he appreciates that it’s important for people to see themselves in the media and that he thinks it’s an important conversation to have; people don’t need his permission to ship things and the author is dead; as a writer it’s flattering when people take your characters and do something new with them, because that means they had an impact.

Advice for dealing with writer’s block? He doesn’t believe in writer’s block, he believes in not wanting to work. If he’s stuck on something he always asks himself like, am I really stuck or am I just being lazy. (But also if he’s truly stuck on something he’ll switch to a different job or sleep on it.)

How he thinks the show should end? “Obviously in outer space, I mean duh.” But the serious answer is that he thinks that when the show is finally ending Kripke, Gamble, Carver, and J2 should all go sit in the Impala together and talk about what the show means to them and use that conversation to decide how to end it. [He answered this same question the same way last year–I guess now they’ll have to squeeze Dabb in there as well haha]

It was his idea to bring back the Samulet, and he’s been wanting to do it for a long time! He said that the idea of it being a gift between the brothers really resonated with him because of his own relationship with his older brother, so the Samulet was always an important object to him on the show and he always wanted to bring it back. He said it was easy to pitch it for 11x20 since they’d already decided to confirm Chuck was God, and needed to explain why the amulet hadn’t done its thing when they first met him :)

He tried for a year to bring James Marsters and Charisma Carpenter’s characters from “Shut Up, Dr. Phil” back on the show because he’s a big Buffy fan and he just really wanted to write dialog for those two

Also said that “everyone owes something to Buffy” in television because it had such a big impact on showing what could be done with genre television <3

“If a scene is cut, 99% of the time it’s my fault.” He explained that it bugs him when people get mad at the editors for cutting a scene, because it’s not them, it’s the writer’s fault for putting in a scene that took up too much time or didn’t fit with the rest of the episode. He had this metaphor about how he’s an architect, and those scenes are like perfectly designed rooms that weren’t built to fit with the rest of the house.

When pitching a “filler” episode, you have to talk about how it will reflect back on the characters and their bigger arcs for the season

Music picks are a collaboration among the writer, director, and editor. Usually he’ll put in the script “something like [song title]” and either they’ll get that actual song, or something similar that they’re able to get rights to, or the director or editor will have a better idea about what it should be. For example, “Behind Blue Eyes” in “Book of the Damned” was Phil Sgriccia’s idea!

To write Chuck for 11x20, he re-watched all of Rob’s old episodes to get an idea of what he had been doing with those scripts and what he brought to the character. He liked how much humor Rob had infused Chuck with and wanted to keep that for the “Chuck” persona, but then also let him do the turn to being wrathful, so you see that there’s something deeper and darker there. He had a lot of praise for Rob and Curtis’s performances in that episode!

Ending 11x20 with Chuck singing was his first idea for the episode, and he worked backwards from there

Got really close to fulfilling his dream of putting the boys in space in “Pac Man Fever” because the video game Dean and Charlie were trapped in was originally supposed to be a space game. (But space is too expensive, so it didn’t happen.)

He has never LARP’d and only just very recently played D&D for the first time, but most if not all of the writers he’s met in Hollywood got their first experience writing by playing D&D, and he speculated that this may be because it’s the closest thing to being in a writers room, because it’s a collaborative process

Of Cas, Dean, and Sam, who does he relate to most? “Gabriel.” (He relates to aspects of all of them, but he’s connected most with Sam because he’s also the younger of two brothers. But Gabriel.)

He wrote every episode like it could be his last because TV is a competitive world and you can be fired at any time. He was NOT fired from SPN though–his contract was up and he decided that after 5 years he wanted to challenge himself and move on to different things. But he loves Supernatural and owes a lot to it, because Sera took a big risk hiring him because he didn’t have much experience at the time.

Has he ever been on camera? He played a drunk drummer [!] named Lars [!] in The Four Corners of Nowhere, a film by Stephen Chbosky, who is also one of Robbie’s closest friends . It was filmed in Ann Arbor! Robbie said he does not belong “with the beautiful people” though and his place is definitely behind the scenes. […somebody please find that scene and gif it. the world needs to know.]

Killing off characters “is really hard, but also I’m a terrible person.”

Favorite lines from Supernatural? “It’s not jumping the shark if you just never come back down!” (Chuck, in The Real Ghostbusters) and “Do these tacos taste funny to you?” (Dean, in “Mystery Spot”)

Some things about the 200th episode: all the girls were named after people in his wife’s theater group, and Marie is his wife’s middle name [❤  this is UNBEARABLY cute]. He loves musicals and he enjoyed writing the episode because he got to re-listen to a bunch of musical soundtracks he loves: Godspell, Spring Awakening, Rent, and Phantom of the Opera.

AND FINALLY, WHAT ARE HIS PLANS? well the Firestarter show he was working on for TNT is no longer his–he wrote the pilot, but isn’t on the project anymore. (tip for writers–writer your own properties!!) What he IS going to do is write more comics!! Hopefully some creator-owned comics. Also he has a pilot he’s working on for a cable network but he can’t talk about it! And he’s also planning on a lot of naps. And he’s “gotta play the new Uncharted.”

Source:susurrantpetrichor

• Love 2

Not much here.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/13/spoiler-room-greys-anatomy-supernatural-quantico-spoilers

Loving all the familiar faces on Supernatural. Any hope for more appearances? — Caitlin
Considering that finding Amara – and then defeating Amara – is not going to be easy, the Winchesters and God are going to need all the help they can get. “They’re cut from the same cloth,” Rob Benedict says of the siblings’ power. “So it’s a delicate thing, and he definitely needs [Sam and Dean] and anyone else he can get. He can’t do it by himself.” In other words, it certainly sounds like God could use all the familiar faces he can find.

(edited)

I literally cannot begin to say how many fucks I don't give about The God family godsdamn problems . I  want Cas out of Lucifer you asshats.

You know what I never wanted to see, show? God talking to Lucifer about why he cast him out. Or God being stubborn. Or Lucifer whining about how God just didn't understand. We are 1 episode away from the finale and we get this? Yeah that might be the extent of the time spent but it's time spent NOT on other things I do care about.

Oh look I see you are just rehashing Sam and John's confrontation and look Dean is the fucking peacekeeper between Lucifer and God with Sam helping?

But, show, didn't you just strongly imply that Dean ought not be confusing John with God. /headdesk

ETA: The only reason I will tolerate this is if it's strategy to get Cas out of Lucifer. Like maybe Cas is pissed off at God and part of this conversation is really between Cas and God on some level, which I care about for Cas reasons and Cas reasons alone. 

Edited by catrox14

I chuckled a bit but my problem is that I understood them committing to ONE episode of meta comedy with Chuck. But apparently this is all they have for him. I get that it might be difficult to write but I would have far prefered a scene between God and Lucifer to be played as serious, with gravitas and emotion. Such a scene could have been a powerhouse instead of some silly, by-the-dozen comedy.   

Okay I was just watching When the Levee Breaks, Lucifer Rising and Sympathy for the Devil on TNT

Show..you really need continuity people.

Nothing about Sam makes any sense if Sam still has some kind of demon powers as Jared has hinted at during cons. 

Sam said in 5.1 that he had no jonesing nothing because he thought whatever took him off that plane purified him. He was affected in My Bloody Valentine but that was the famine thing hitting that "addiction" spot. And then he had to use it to be Lucifer's vessel. But then they said after Cas pulled him out of Hell he was free of it again. But then in s8, Sam says he's being purified.

Which is it SHOW?

• Love 1

I think maybe they're afraid to play the whole God story too seriously.  Maybe they think they'll be cut more slack if they make him more humorous than if they try to really show him as God-like.  I honestly think that's why they chose Chuck.  What's not to like about Rob?  But considering the supposed seriousness of this years big bad, I'm not looking for humor in the penultimate episode of the season.  I want some resolution.  Next week we're supposedly going to be sobbing over just how sad an episode it is, but this week we can have a few chuckles with Chuck?  

And I agree, Catrox...I want to see Cas back now, not in the last 5 minutes of next week's episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay, so I've been rewatching the first episodes of this season and I have questions because I feel like the show has lost some threads or maybe I have.

What happened to all the people whose souls Amara sucked out? We know Len and the hippie chick are dead. But surely there were others yes?

Are there more like the  hippie chick who worshipped her because of the bliss?

The fart clouds seem to only temporarily affect the victims until they are cured but there is no evidence their souls are totally gone right?

Why weren't they left with the desrie to worship and defend Amara like hippie chick?

And as someone else asked  what about the monsters that were going to be in the fight against Amara? I know that the ghoulpire was healed but that was just for his group right? There must be other monsters that would be interested in the battle?

What about the angels and demons that were going to join up to fight Amara? Was that just Bar!Angel (RIP) and Bar!Demon? Did they not try to rally their troops? Or did Amara destroy the only faction? Is Bar!Demon still alive? Does he know about Bar!Angel? :(

All of that stuff was interesting to me. I'm so disappointed that the show never had the boys trying to figure out about allying with the monsters.

ETA: IMO "Thin Lizzie" is in my top 5 episodes for the season. Good mystery, tied to the main arc, suspenseful, creepy.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

I don't think the poisonous cloud affects the victim's souls at all.  I think it just gives them that weird black veiny skin condition and then makes them go berserk until they die.  Those who aren't infected are killed by those who are, and ultimately the whole planet dies.  

I'm also going to assume there are plenty of soulless people roaming the streets, since Amara would have to continue feeding, right?  But maybe they haven't all become murderers like the babysitter.  I can't remember the guys name right now, but he might not have ever killed anyone had he not gotten caught up in the Sam and Dean struggle.  

I remember saying at one point that I thought all of the ramped up monster armies would be good foes for the Winchesters next season.  Once Amara is defeated, you know they're just going to be wreaking havoc all over the place, vying for power.

Edited by MysteryGuest

Yup. That preview not encouraging, but pretty much what I expected was going to happen. I figured Dean was going to be the one to sacrifce. But the rest? ... Wait, What? So Sam and Dean are killing people to collect souls? What happened to saving everyone? Are they going to ask for volunteers or are they just going to go around murdering people? I repeat... What?

It looked to me like they were killing ghosts?  I don't know.  The preview is always so fast, I can never really tell what's going on.

I don't know whether to be happy that at least Dean gets to be the hero in the end, or pissed because he's always the one to throw himself away because he thinks he has no value.  I hated that about this episode.  He was again made to feel worthless.  Even Sam was being an ass to him.  

This season can't end soon enough for me.  

"Collecting souls" and they were at what I think was Mary's grave. Maybe souls in heaven? Doesn't make sense. And I'm already bitter about having to spend hiatus trying to figure out how they are going to rescue Dean. 

1 minute ago, MysteryGuest said:

It looked to me like they were killing ghosts?  I don't know.  The preview is always so fast, I can never really tell what's going on.

I don't know whether to be happy that at least Dean gets to be the hero in the end, or pissed because he's always the one to throw himself away because he thinks he has no value.  I hated that about this episode.  He was again made to feel worthless.  Even Sam was being an ass to him.  

This season can't end soon enough for me.  

The thing is I've enjoyed a lot of this season. I'm sad that I'm so grumpy about the penultimate episode because it doesn't bode well for the finale and I'm not used to having to wait for good episodes to make me feel better. When I was bingeing I could skip he Amelia  episodes and the dog sex episodes and bloodlines and all the crap. Live watching is for the birds. 

(Ok, not really. But sort of, yeah). 

• Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Yup. That preview not encouraging, but pretty much what I expected was going to happen. I figured Dean was going to be the one to sacrifce. But the rest? ... Wait, What? So Sam and Dean are killing people to collect souls? What happened to saving everyone? Are they going to ask for volunteers or are they just going to go around murdering people? I repeat... What?

Right??? There is no logic to this. NONE. I'm just so confused. Is it supposed to clever? I'm so disappointed.  Sam spent all that time getting souls back into their bodies in s9. So like WTF?

Also, I'm thinking Billie and other reapers might have a thing or two to say about this soul collection thing not to mention the reapers. Because doesn't that mess with the natural order to millionth degree??

Edited by catrox14
11 minutes ago, Binns said:

The thing is I've enjoyed a lot of this season. I'm sad that I'm so grumpy about the penultimate episode because it doesn't bode well for the finale and I'm not used to having to wait for good episodes to make me feel better. When I was bingeing I could skip he Amelia  episodes and the dog sex episodes and bloodlines and all the crap. Live watching is for the birds. 

I agree that watching live sucks.  I've only done it for a few episodes, and it's downright painful for me to sit through all those damn commercials.  I thought they'd never end!  

I'm not happy about not enjoying the episode.  Maybe upon second viewing it might improve a bit, but I'm not optimistic.  

So are we assuming that Dean gets blown into the Empty when his soul bomb explodes?

The thing is I've enjoyed a lot of this season.

I have too.  I've really enjoyed the Sam n' Dean show, as opposed to the Sam vs Dean show.  The lack of manufactured strife and angst has been incredibly refreshing.  But these last two episodes are bringing down the grade for me, and I can't imagine how the finale can succeed in making sense when there are so many huge logic and continuity holes.   

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

I have too.  I've really enjoyed the Sam n' Dean show, as opposed to the Sam vs Dean show.  The lack of manufactured strife and angst has been incredibly refreshing.  But these last two episodes are bringing down the grade for me, and I can't imagine how the finale can succeed in making sense when there are so many huge logic and continuity holes.   

In my happy place, next season is all about back to basics. Sam and Dean, doing their thing. No big drama, no big bad (or maybe a big bad along the lines of an Eve or something like that). I do not care for brotherly angst. 

2 minutes ago, Binns said:

In my happy place, next season is all about back to basics. Sam and Dean, doing their thing. No big drama, no big bad (or maybe a big bad along the lines of an Eve or something like that). I do not care for brotherly angst. 

I don't mind the brotherly angst as long as it's well written and organic. I'm not interested in a reset to the past. I'm interested in good, organic moving the story forward. I'm fine with some other thing they face next season.

But I'm pretty sure we are getting a reset since Rowena is apparently a Time Lord now LOL

Honestly, I don't want to go back to the s1 dynamic.

9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I don't mind the brotherly angst as long as it's well written and organic. I'm not interested in a reset to the past. I'm interested in good, organic moving the story forward. I'm fine with some other thing they face next season.

But I'm pretty sure we are getting a reset since Rowena is apparently a Time Lord now LOL

Honestly, I don't want to go back to the s1 dynamic.

For me not so much as resetting or going back to an early dynamic- I like where they are now and would like to see that progress- it's more that I would like the focus to be more on the boys than the big bad. And what I DON'T want is S8/S9 drama. 

• Love 1

8d9jioK.png

working off my phone, sorry for the crappy screen capture.

So EVERYONE is back in the bunker and now Sam and Dean are coming up with the plan.  NOW we will get the right conclusion to the Amara problem.  God had his shot in the past episode.  Dean was even willing to trust God's plan and let Sam take on the damn mark (personally, I think he was planning on not giving up easily but figured he work it out AFTER the universe was no longer in danger of imminent demise). 

Which, as I implied in the episode thread, was what God wanted all along.  For Sam and Dean to come up with the solution.  I think God felt he owed it to them to try but he knew he couldn't outpower Amara and God actually wasn't wrong.  Girl has RAGE.  Justifiable RAGE.  The frontal assault was never going to work.  But God did it anyway.  Because he owed the boys (IMO) to try.

26 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think they live tweet to get the Twitter rating up. I really do. 

Speaking of...I feel like we haven't heard much from J2 for the last several episodes. 

7 minutes ago, Binns said:

Speaking of...I feel like we haven't heard much from J2 for the last several episodes. 

We've heard SQUAT from the boys. I thought it was peculiar that they haven't even been sending a minor tweet like "don't forget to watch tonight". The last episode that really participated in on Twitter was Red Meat I think...And it's been silent since then for the most part. 

I really HOPE they get some good questions from fans at the con this weekend.

• Love 1

I wonder if it's a commentary on how they feel about the episodes. Though I know Jared has said the finale is the saddest one ever or something. But other than him saying e20 (I think) was one of his faves...it's interesting. They aren't on vacation- they've been in Austin I think. 

(edited)

I do think its strange they have been so silent about these last episodes. Does anyone remember if they were like this last year?  Maybe they are just spending their time with family and enjoying not working. Who knows.

Ok, looking back at Jensen's twitter feed, he did not tweet about the last couple of episodes.  Just checked Jared's and he didn't either, but he went off social media after Asylum last year. From what I can tell episode wise The Werther Project is the last one the Jared tweeted about last season and Jensens last tweeted episode from last year is the Things they carried.

Edited by Diane
13 minutes ago, Binns said:

I wonder if it's a commentary on how they feel about the episodes. Though I know Jared has said the finale is the saddest one ever or something. But other than him saying e20 (I think) was one of his faves...it's interesting. They aren't on vacation- they've been in Austin I think. 

They've been in Austin but are probably in Italy or on their way for JIBcon.

Their silence is really peculiar.

7 minutes ago, Diane said:

k, looking back at Jensen's twitter feed, he did not tweet about the last couple of episodes.  Just checked Jared's and he didn't either, but he went off social media after Asylum last year.

Jared's been on Twitter and Facebook quite a bit this year. Stuff with the kids, his bar, the AKF and YANA stuff. Some show things occasionally. So he's not off SM altogehter

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

They've been in Austin but are probably in Italy or on their way for JIBcon.

Their silence is really peculiar.

Jared's been on Twitter and Facebook quite a bit this year. Stuff with the kids, his bar, the AKF and YANA stuff. Some show things occasionally. So he's not off SM altogehter

No I meant the Jared went off Social Media last year for a month or so.

Just now, Diane said:

No I meant the Jared went off Social Media last year for a month or so.

Well, yeah, that was when he had his issues so that makes sense. I thought you meant the whole time since then. My bad.

Just now, catrox14 said:

Well, yeah, that was when he had his issues so that makes sense. I thought you meant the whole time since then. My bad.

That's ok, I was posting and editing and looking it up on Twitter all at the same time. But from what I can tell this is about par for the course for them at the end of the season. So maybe not all that unusual.