Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, SueB said:

I'm so excited for tomorrow!

I'm dreading it. LOL  I DO NOT WANT CHUCK TO BE GOD. I don't want God as an actual meatsuit on screen at all. Bah.

• Love 3

I want to be excited, but I'm with Catrox...I do not want God on the show.  I will welcome back Chuck with open arms, but only if Chuck is Chuck.  I guess the good news is that we should have our answer tomorrow.  Unless, of course, they pull the same crap they did before where Chuck wasn't God until they decided to switch things up and make him God at the last minute.  That will just piss me off.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I want to be excited, but I'm with Catrox...I do not want God on the show.  I will welcome back Chuck with open arms, but only if Chuck is Chuck.  I guess the good news is that we should have our answer tomorrow.  Unless, of course, they pull the same crap they did before where Chuck wasn't God until they decided to switch things up and make him God at the last minute.  That will just piss me off.

I think they show is making a mistake if they ever answer "Is Chuck actually God". I think it's one of the greatest unanswered mysteries of TV. It's like if Doctor Who ever reveals the Doctor's name. The mystery is destroyed.

But by all means tell us where Chuck has been and tell us why he's back now.

• Love 1

And to some degree, I feel like Chuck is God kind of overtakes the show. It's become too important in fandom. I mean I can see on one hand if they answer it ..it goes away but no matter how they answer it one part of the fandom or the other is gonna be pissed off and disappointed

• Love 2

Maybe if it were the last season, they could pull it off, but it's not.  So where do they go next season?  I know we've gone round and round on this, but I just don't see any way that this is a good thing for the show.  How do they introduce God at this point in the series and have next season be anything but anti-climactic?

• Love 2

I think it's possible they won't acknowledge Chuck is God until EP21 but only to keep up the suspense.  OTOH, the episode title seems to imply the reveal is tomorrow. 

• Love 2
(edited)

His name might not be Chuck Shurley but that doesn't mean his name is God either. Or they have been trolling us all along and his name is really Carver Edlund. I would laugh my ass off.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Gimme, gimme, gimme.

It's times like this that I wish I was a binge watcher and could just wait until the season was over and watch the whole thing at my own pace, but nope, after 11 seasons, I still watch in real time. Stupid me.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Gimme, gimme, gimme.

It's times like this that I wish I was a binge watcher and could just wait until the season was over and watch the whole thing at my own pace, but nope, after 11 seasons, I still watch in real time. Stupid me.

lhjhbB9.gif

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Omegamom said:

Yup yup.  Excited for all the remaining episodes.

(Assuming they don't make a hash of it...??)

I'm so torn right now. I want to be excited but have been burned so many times by this show that I'm trying to keep my expectations low. But, I've been wanting Rob Benedict to come back since he left. This damn little show!

1 hour ago, Demented Daisy said:

I want Chuck to reveal he's God to Metatron just to see that little weasel bow and scrape before him.  Hee!

What can I say?  I'm petty that way.

Now that would be nice, but I'm still kinda hoping they pull a real twist and Chuck is neither God nor Chuck, but Metatron and not-so-marvy Marv is shown to be a big old poser. Now that would be satisfying and hilarious!

I know, I know...

• Love 2

They teased this scene during a Con and well, I didn`t like the butler-esque implications then and I don`t now. I know it is supposed to be a joke but given the show right now, I just can`t find it funny anymore. And seriously, is this the 5ooth sneak peak where Sam comes in with a case? Couldn`t they at least switch it up some? 

I`m now pretty convinced they will make Chuck God, why else would there be "you will scream" teases. My guess is they thought of nothing but the wow-moment and not much further. My only hope is he won`t berate Dean while declaring Sam the next Jesus and only worthy to take on Amara. Please don`t ruin God the same way you did Death, by uber-mega-pimpage of Sam.    

• Love 1
(edited)

Not speaking for DD but I just copy the link from the browser and paste it right on the white space. It's embedded for me every time.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

I'm not Demented Daisy, but I usually, I just copy the URL and paste it here, the site does the rest. I think the difference is the link DD provided was to a YouTube video, not to the Twitter page. So, your links are going to a specific Twitter page not necessarily the video itself.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

So we get domestic!Dean drinking beer and ironing but it's not even Dean shirtless and ironing his OWN shirt but he's got two layers on and is ironing Sam's shirt? Sigh. Yeah the only way that will pay off for me is if Dean is sick of ironing Sam's shirts and is using the beer to compel Sam to iron his own shirts.

• Love 1
(edited)

? ??

I tried that!  I tried with pasting the video link (ETA, not the link to the Twitter post, but the direct link to the video).  I tried with the "Insert Other Media" button.  I tried editing with the old video tag.  Nothing worked.

Edited by Omegamom
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, SueB said:

Sam is going to smell like beer. 

This implies that Sam has no other white shirt and I don't believe that's true. And if he has only one shirt that boy needs to go shopping. Either way, I hope it's all about Dean compelling Sam to iron his own shirts.

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Omegamom said:

? ??

I tried that!  I tried with pasting the video link (ETA, not the link to the Twitter post, but the direct link to the video).  I tried with the "Insert Other Media" button.  I tried editing with the old video tag.  Nothing worked.

I think the issue is, the link to the twitter video is still a link to a web page with a video on it whereas, a link to a YouTube video the site immediately recognizes as a video and automatically embeds it. YouTube links would always be videos and Twitter links aren't necessarily so.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Omegamom said:

? ??

Sorry I should have been more clear. What I mean is the link is still sourced via Twitter with the amp.twimg.com

https://amp.twimg.com/v/2f48349e-485c-479f-98ca-dc21bee23dc5

whereas the link DD posted is from YouTube. So the interface here might not support embedding a Twitter linked video vs a YouTube linked video

Different perspectives are interesting....I see the ironing scene as Dean seizing an opportunity to mess with Sam rather than anything else like that he's subservient or diminished in some way because he's doing a chore. 

Count me amongst those who do not want Chuck to be God but they've played this up so much that it almost feels inevitable. The only thing I keep thinking about is that the guys are always calling him God at cons and it makes me wonder if they are pulling a misdirection. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Binns said:

Different perspectives are interesting....I see the ironing scene as Dean seizing an opportunity to mess with Sam rather than anything else like that he's subservient or diminished in some way because he's doing a chore. 

Count me amongst those who do not want Chuck to be God but they've played this up so much that it almost feels inevitable. The only thing I keep thinking about is that the guys are always calling him God at cons and it makes me wonder if they are pulling a misdirection. 

That is the way that I took the ironing bit too, he was just screwing with him.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Diane said:

That is the way that I took the ironing bit too, he was just screwing with him.

Which, if that's the case and he's done this before, brings up questions about how silly Sam is for letting him near his clothes. Or maybe Sam thought it was Dean's shirt at first and then cottoned on. I've thought about this too much...but I'm hoping its playful goofy Dean. 

• Love 2

For what it's worth, I initially tried to post the video from Spoilertv, but it had a wonky embed link that I didn't want to mess with.  So I found the youtube video -- they seem to show up simultaneously.  

While waiting for the guy to show up to fix our garage door today (long story), hubby and I were catching up on episodes he missed.  He pointed out that Crowley has a copy of the SPN books in his treasure trove.  That's what I get for mostly listening to episodes these days; I miss all kinds of stuff like that.  Must do better.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Binns said:

It feels like butler!Dean to me mostly because of Sam's kind of entitled attitude about it.

"Quit ironing my shirts with beer", so clearly this is a thing Dean has done before, yet Sam still trusts or expects him to iron his shirts? Sam, you big dumb moose. Dean is trying to get you to iron your own shirts.

1 hour ago, Demented Daisy said:

While waiting for the guy to show up to fix our garage door today (long story), hubby and I were catching up on episodes he missed.

I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that I'm way more interested in what happened to your garage door and if it was fixable than I am about the spoilers.

• Love 1

I don't get the assertion that Sam is acting entitled. Maybe they split chores. Sam does the washing one week, Dean the next. Or Dean handles Laundry and Kitchen, Sam handles Bathroom and Shopping. Or Dean lost on RPS for laundry this week and his passive/aggressive response is to use beer.

Whatever the assignment, no way do I see one being a patsy for another.  

• Love 3

In my mind, Dean and Sam take turns with the laundry.  This just happened to be Dean's week.  I doubt that he always irons Sam's shirts.  At least I refuse to believe that he does.

As for the screaming during tonight's episode, I don't see how announcing that Chuck is God should make anyone scream, since they've been telegraphing it for weeks now.  I'm still holding out hope that they don't go there, but I'm pretty resigned to the fact that they're going to.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it's interesting that in the episode in which we meet Chuck the boys are doing laundry at the laundromat and reading one of Carver Edlund's books and here when Chuck comes back laundry is again a thing.  Hmm..

Is this a metaphor for airing dirty laundry? I like to think so.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)
1 hour ago, trxr4kids said:

I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that I'm way more interested in what happened to your garage door and if it was fixable than I am about the spoilers.

It was, indeed, fixable.  Broken lock, no biggie -- literally.  A piece about an inch long snapped off and the entire mechanism had to be replaced because the manufacturer no longer makes the separate parts.

One more hour?  Ugh.  I'm doing a terrible job of not getting my hopes up.

Edited by Demented Daisy
My brain is faster than my fingers and I left a word out.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Reviewing the bidding....

- Chuck is God. Check.

- God/Chuck is in need of redemption and has started down that path. Check.

- Saving People has been successfully re-affirmed in S11 (Sam grabbing the baby, Dean shoving all the people into the other room but staying with Sam ... half a point off for not getting the duct tape completed). Check.

- Dean has Chosen One status via fog immunity. Check.

- Amara is the opposite of God with deep-seeded issues between the two. Check.

- Humanity is the greatest of God's creation and arguably more noble than God right now. Check.

- Angst foreshadowing established. Check.

Sam: You were going to choose Amara over me. Over everything.
----
Dean: I'm not leaving you -- ever!

- BTS pics of what appears to be Dean leaving (so much for "Ever!") in the finale. Check.

I'm calling it now: Not only is Dean going to sacrifice himself and go with Amara to save the universe, I bet he's ultimately the source of redemption for BOTH God and Amara by the time the finale "ends" in the first few episodes of S12.

Edited by SueB
11 minutes ago, SueB said:

I'm calling it now: Not only is Dean going to sacrifice himself and go with Amara to save the universe, I bet he's ultimately the source of redemption for BOTH God and Amara by the time the finale "ends" in the first few episodes of S12.

I agree this is the direction the show is heading (though I got the "Harry walking into the forest" vibe last year, too -- guess I was a year ahead of schedule), but at the same time, I hope it's not.

We know that whatever happens will be undone, which cheapens the notion of self-sacrifice to me.  Of course, the character doesn't know this, but for the audience, why should I be moved by Dean (or whoever)'s noble, courageous act?  It will have the immediate, desired effect (locking Amara away again), but will it have any effect on the character?  Will it change Dean at all?  I doubt it -- the show doesn't have a good track record in that respect.  

Self-sacrifice should mean something.  It should have long-reaching effects.  But then, I could say the same about Death dying.  I'm sure that Billie's threats were supposed to be the "serious repercussion", but I can't take it seriously.  Season 12 is not going to take place in the empty.  

This is why I want the show to give up on these big, world-ending crises.  At the end of this season, I want God to return to Heaven to whip the angels back into shape, to remind them that they are supposed to be the protectors of humanity, not their keepers in a zoo.  I want Lucifer back in the cage, never to be heard from again.  (I suppose God can release Michael and Adam while he's at it.)  Crowley can reclaim his throne, though I'd prefer it if he died.  And I want Rowena to finally get her own coven, perhaps to wage a bloody war against Crowley and Hell -- with Sam and Dean (and Cas, because God gave him a choice to stay on earth, continuing to help the Winchesters or resume his duties in Heaven; Cas chooses the Winchesters, of course) defending humanity, as they should have been doing for the past however many years.

Sorry, rant over.  I didn't mean for it to turn into one, but I guess it just shows that after all these years, I still want this silly little show to be a good silly little show.

• Love 3

Just because I want nothing more than for Dean to have the big sacrificial world-saving moment in the Finale, it will never ever happen. This show has screwed over my hopes every single time. I just can`t believe anymore that for once I will be lucky. Even if it comes down to the final five seconds of the episode, I do believe something would happen to screw things over. 

Right now my money is on none of the Winchesters dying in the Finale and Chuck getting the big moment in the end. Which I guess should be edgy to "kill off" God but it presumably would have the same consequences as killing Death. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Preview Images of 11.21 - All in the Family

So the older man with the grey hair with Sam is the guy that stole Connor from Angel (the TV show) is in this episode .LOL. Hope he's not a bad guy here.

I posted the pics here and I think I have them in the right order of the clickbait KSite. TOOK FOREVER to go through. Seriously. You're welcome

http://www.ksitetv.com/supernatural/supernatural-family-preview-images/111267/

SN1121a_0054b.jpg

SN1121a_0106b.jpg

SN1121a_0150b.jpg

SN1121a_0246bb.jpg

SN1121a_0272b.jpg

SN1121a_0285b.jpgSN1121a_0295b.jpg

SN1121b_0006b.jpgSN1121b_0041b.jpgSN1121b_0110b.jpgSN1121b_0128b.jpg

SN1121b_0242b.jpg

SN1121b_0302b.jpg

SN1121b_0317b.jpg

SN1121b_0348b.jpg

SN1121b_0363b.jpgSN1121b_0375b.jpgSN1121b_0381b.jpg

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
(edited)

So Sam rescues Cas not Dean. Which makes me wonder what the heck Dean is going to be doing. I mean that just feels fucking wrong to me that Dean who has been losing his mind over Cas is not the one getting him. Bah, that really does bother me a lot. It shouldn't but it does.

Maybe Dean had to lure Amara away so Sam could get him. I guess. 

I wonder who that other dude is and what he's doing.

Also, my gods, Dean looks STUNNING in that 7th pic. Good grief.....

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

That's a GREAT actor IMO. I'm looking forward to his role. Thanks for the transfer.  

Edited by SueB
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

So Sam rescues Cas not Dean. Which makes me wonder what the heck Dean is going to be doing. I mean that just feels fucking wrong to me that Dean who has been losing his mind over Cas is not the one getting him. Bah, that really does bother me a lot. It shouldn't but it does.

Maybe Dean had to lure Amara away so Sam could get him. I guess. 

I wonder who that other dude is and what he's doing.

Also, my gods, Dean looks STUNNING in that 7th pic. Good grief.....

I think Dean will be all Sammy you have to save Cas while I distract Amara.....

And stunning is too weak a word for that picture :-)

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, SueB said:

I wonder is Metatron is there to take to Lucifer grace? Sacrifice himself to save Cas. 

Oh gods, if Metatron takes Lucifer's grace to save Cas, the world is screwed. If Metatron offers himself as a vessel for Lucifer the world is screwed. 

I mean why in the Hell would anyone trust Metatron? All the teary eyed speechifying means fuck all with that guy. Nah, if they trust Metatron....they deserve whatever thing he does to them just for being that stupid.

He'd gladly take Lucifer's grace, power himself back up, he's got the demon tablet and he wants revenge on Cas. Remember Cas almost killed Metatron I don't think Metatron humble pie goes that far.

If anything there will be a deal to get HIS grace from Cas if offers to take Cas' place.

Still sitting on my spec that Metatron knows way more and has way more to do with all of these shenanigans that we yet know

33 minutes ago, MYFAKETVBOYFRIEND said:

And stunning is too weak a word for that picture :-)

HA Right!? I might just have to transfer that to Eye Candy thread because hummana hummana. No joke. It kind of took my breath away. I may have gasped a little.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Oh gods, if Metatron takes Lucifer's grace to save Cas, the world is screwed. If Metatron offers himself as a vessel for Lucifer the world is screwed. 

I mean why in the Hell would anyone trust Metatron? All the teary eyed speechifying means fuck all with that guy. Nah, if they trust Metatron....they deserve whatever thing he does to them just for being that stupid.

He'd gladly take Lucifer's grace, power himself back up, he's got the demon tablet and he wants revenge on Cas. Remember Cas almost killed Metatron I don't think Metatron humble pie goes that far.

If anything there will be a deal to get HIS grace from Cas if offers to take Cas' place.

Still sitting on my spec that Metatron knows way more and has way more to do with all of these shenanigans that we yet know

HA Right!? I might just have to transfer that to Eye Candy thread because hummana hummana. No joke. It kind of took my breath away. I may have gasped a little.

I meant he'd be a Lucifer meat suit.  In which case he's just along for the ride and not driving. 

2 minutes ago, SueB said:

I meant he'd be a Lucifer meat suit.  In which case he's just along for the ride and not driving. 

Metatron is human and he's not Lucifer's Chosen Vessel. He wouldn't be strong enough to contain Lucifer for the fight. He would have to have some kind of grace and IMO the moment he gets that grace he's a threat again