Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

I'm not saying that. I'm asking if in the SPN Verse is it canon that's what God did? I really don't remember either way.

In SPN verse God created Humans and their souls are unique to them.  So yes, that makes sense.

Potential theory for "soul eating" (warning: based on Judeo-Christian teaching, if that's a squick, don't read):

- The use of light to represent souls and grace has been in place since S4. 

- S6 established souls as extremely powerful

- Judeo-Christian teaching: God created man in his own image. The immortal part of man is his/her soul. The soul is often considered to be that "image" of God in man.

- Therefore, what ELSE would the Darkness eat (absorb) but the light of man - his/her soul.

So... the baby is eating souls -- destroying the "light" God brought into the world.

Just throwing that out there.  I could see Dabb pitching this (he's the big mythos guy IMO). 

• Love 5

Thanks for that info Sue.

Episode titles through Mid Season break

1x01 - Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire

11x02 - Form and Void

11x03 - The Bad Seed

11x04 - Baby

11x05 - Thin Lizzie

11x06 - Our Little World

11x07 - Plush

11x08 - Just My Imagination

11x09 - O’ Brother, Where Art Thou

Edited by catrox14

I do wonder if Bob was trolling the fans. And by Bob I mean Bob Singer, not the Darkness. Sorry I will never call the Darkness 'Bob' because it's too damn confusing.

Like would he really have posted a pic of the actual Cage and spoiled us? That seems unlikely.

• Love 1

It might be just me, but I don't really think it's important what visual representation they have for the cage.  They've set up that we're going to address the inhabitants of the cage, so that's really the only thing I'm curious about.  

And I'm with you Catrox14, I can't think of it as "Bob" either.  

• Love 1

There is a new Young!Sam.   I feel irrationally annoyed with Colin Ford for being too old to play really young!Sam again.  He was so wonderful. This bugs me and it shouldn't! Other than why couldn't they de-age Colin Ford..

Dylan Kingwell ‏@DylanKingwell

@annabackwards_x yes Young Sam! #SupernaturalSeason11 Episode 8

Plush?  I take it that's the episode with the guy in a rabbit (?) suit?

Actual conversation after Mick read this;

Mick: "Demented really is demented, isn't she?"

Me: "You should hear about her family"

• Love 1

Mid-season finale. Named "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou". With cage-like thing. And it's a tribute to Henning, the magician. Suuuurrrre.

Oh I just had a wild thought. What if both things are true? What if they need to hide the cage from The Darkness or someone else, and they use magic from Rowena. She did figure out how to remove the Mark.

Sam and Dean's brother Adam is still in the cage. His return was foreshadowed in Fan Fiction.

Yeah, I know several of you have mentioned him, but the title has to be a reference.

Edited by Mick Lady

Sam and Dean's brother Adam is still in the cage. His return was foreshadowed in Fan Fiction.

I don't know if that was foreshadowing necessarily. Many things were brought up in Fan Fiction, like the amulet, Wincest and Destiel which I don't think the show has any intention of actually becoming plotlines again. The other two brothers in the Cage are Michael and Lucifer which were specifically mentioned in the episode so I think it's more likely that it will all be around Michael and Lucifer and Sam.

Maybe the African American woman is an angel?  She's got that vibe.

From the Canadian promo: Is that a misdirect or does Sam tell Dean he's infected?  That would be awesome.

I'm really curious if Crowley could help Sam at this point?  I think not?  What price would Dean pay? 

I agree with Sue B that rabbit dude is next week or week 3.

One thing I'm noticing. The episode titles this season seem to either song titles or band names. If those have any correlation to the events of the episode here is junk food for wackadoodle thinky thoughts

11x01 - Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire- I remember this terrible song !

Some lyrics:

You tried to lead me down evil's way

But in the darkness

I slipped away

Into a dream of living Hell

You held my life under your spell

In all your innocence

You took control

Your gentle touch possessed my soul

You broke my heart and left me to die

But I still love you,

I don't know why

chorus:

Out of the Darkness and into the Fire

You filled my heart with lust and desire

Out of the Darkness and Into the Fire

You filled my heart with lust and desire

Moxy : 

11x02 - Form and Void: A couple of things here

I swear I remember an album name from a band back in the day and I cannot find it anywhere on the interwebz.   But from the Bible: Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Dean is in the void with the Darkness in ep 11.01

Music: Kwartz: Techno - no lyrics 

11x03 - The Bad Seed: A book, movie and musical (!) about a murderous 8 year old girl.

11x04 - Baby- We already know it's about the Impala

11x05 - Thin Lizzie - band name and is the Lizzie Borden episode

11x06 - Our Little World: from "Into the Woods" Rapunzel and the Witch are singing about children needing protection.

11x07 - Plush: Stone Temple Pilots : Metaphor for the end of a relationship and was inspired by the death of a young girl in San Diego (depressing)

main chorus

Where you're going for tomorrow?
Where you're going with that mask I found?
And I feel, and I feel
When the dogs begin to smell her
Will she stand alone?

Coverart from the Single.

220px-PlushUKEP.jpg

11x08 - Just My Imagination: We all know this song. And it's the imaginary friend episode with Young!Sam.

11x09 - O’ Brother, Where Art Thou.  Song from that I hope they use : Man of Constant Sorrow (sung by Jensen HAHA FAT CHANCE but how cool would that be)

Anyway just some fun stuff to think about.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

After reading some posts on tumblr, I'm kinda intrigued by the idea that Dean and the baby could be symbolic of Dean's co-dependency issues... and that maybe they are really, truly going to work through that on screen... they might even see it as a way to tie in the crew's RL support of mental health issues into the show.  I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I think it's a possibility.  [eta:  damn... after those lyrics, I think it's even more of a possibility now.  Interesting!!]

eta:

Or maybe a reaper?

yeah, I was thinking reaper too... is she in ep2?  Maybe she's who saves Sam.  

Edited by Wynterwolf

They could establish that God, after defeating the Darkness, took something from it, from its body or entity and used that to forge the Mark. Would actually be quite poetic to have your own body part twisted and turned against you to serve as the lock/key of your cell. 

• Love 3

They could establish that God, after defeating the Darkness, took something from it, from its body or entity and used that to forge the Mark. Would actually be quite poetic to have your own body part twisted and turned against you to serve as the lock/key of your cell. 

Oh.. and that could tie in with how Dean could have been twisted into becoming a demon inside of his own meat suit.

• Love 1

Okay.

So I've been thinking about this for a bit now...and this is some total wildass spec that I don't actually believe is true...

But what if "Sam and Dean" are actually not our Sam and Dean or they have been changed in some way by the Darkness.

Others mentioned that Dean saying "untenable" was notable; that he wouldn't use that word. I think he would but I can understand why others think he wouldn't. But I do think Dean seemed off here too for the most part.

Sam has seemed off to me too. He said to Dean when he first found him in the field of flowers 'You remember NONE of this", which I thought was odd phrasing and Jared seemed odd saying the line. It was peculiar to me like "untenable" was peculiar to others. Sam was sort of hiding and I don't think Sam would hide without playing it that he wasn't scared

I dunno, it's weird.  Something is rotten in Denmark, but I can't figure out what.

• Love 1

Snark peek out at last

https://twitter.com/cw_spn/status/653967285401448449

Sorry for lack of YouTube link. Give it an hour or two and someone who knows how to do that will take care of it.

1) He carried the baby and all is right with the world. (Hush, let me have my shallow for a moment).

2) 'She was' - i think that means Jenna's first kiss was a girl.

That baby was not in a car seat.  Grrr.

Shut up, I'm a mom.

• Love 3

Shut up, I'm a mom.

I don't think Dean's priority was finding a car seat when they had to get past the "rabids".  Do hospitals stock baby carriers for new parents? Maybe in the gift shop?  Even if they did I'm not so sure they could have gotten to the gift shop because rabids. 

They stopped for Gas and diaper change but I don't think that gas station likely stocked car seats either. I'm not even sure that particular rural community had a Wal Mart either.

It's amazing how baby boomers ever lived through the no car seat era.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I don't think Dean's priority was finding a car seat when they had to get past the "rabids".  Do hospitals stock baby carriers for new parents? Maybe in the gift shop?  Even if they did I'm not so sure they could have gotten to the gift shop because rabids. 

They stopped for Gas and diaper change but I don't think that gas station likely stocked car seats either. I'm not even sure that particular rural community had a Wal Mart either.

It's amazing how baby boomers ever lived through the no car seat era.

Not all of them did.  It's why we have regulations today.

As for them not stopping to buy one -- it's a tv show!  If TPTB wanted to put the "baby" in a car seat, they would have.  

As for them not stopping to buy one -- it's a tv show!  If TPTB wanted to put the "baby" in a car seat, they would have.

Yes, it was written that way. And I would have side-eyed when Dean would have taken the time to get a baby seat instead of just getting the hell out of dodge. Either way it's a nitpick, IMO

Dean doesn't carry around a car seat. There are  "zombies" out there and he has someone who can hold onto the baby just for the short term ride to safety. If Dean would have even found a place to get a car seat, IMO it would have been stupid for them to go inside because they wouldn't know if the people inside were infected.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Yes, it was written that way. And I would have side-eyed when Dean would have taken the time to get a baby seat instead of just getting the hell out of dodge. Either way it's a nitpick, IMO

You know what?  Never mind.  If I ever get annoyed by the show ever again, I'll just keep it to myself.  Because, you know, I don't want to be accused of "nitpicking".

*eye roll*

Edited by Demented Daisy

I think it is funny that I grew up with parents that raced once over 90...it didn't happen again.

We sat on the back of the tailgate of a truck and had a great time.  Sure some wore seat belts but it wasn't something that was pushed.  We survived.  Small towns were slow to move to the seat belts.

I never wore a seat belt until I got my Honda Civic. I had a way to make it look like I wore one.  Dean doesn't wear a seat belt, so with two that don't think about it...it is possible that they didn't.  

I can also see a mom going, great show...great lesson to teach young people today.  But it wasn't something I thought a lot about.  But then again, I'm a rebel about seat belts AND not a mom. :)

Edited by 7kstar

They were in Superior, NE which is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but close to the Kansas border. They didn't say where her grandma's was but it would be a few hours, I'm assuming he meant round trip. And we see that her grandma was kind of in the middle of nowhere too. Just another small town in the midwest. I'm assuming Dean traveled the back roads like he always does which means he might not have found those places that would readily have a baby seat.

As for him trying to break into the parent's car, the mom was dead, Mike was a 'rabid' so I don't think he knew which car was theirs, not that I can remember. And I don't think he would necessarily have taken the time to risk checking a bunch of different cars when "rabids" were right there all around them. 

But that's just all from that snippet in the sneak peek, maybe they'll explain it in the episode and we'll all be happy or unhappy. LOL

Someone noticed this out in the Tumblr verse. I would have never noticed. It is odd. It might be a bird, but it's weird that Dean (Jensen) would not have reacted at this creature apparently bouncing off his leg.

It reminds me of the white bird like thing we saw fly out of the Darkness cloud. 

Is it a clue?

tumblr_nw6l64PHJy1qkcx1fo1_540.gif

Okay, that IS a weird flashy thingy.

You know what?  Never mind.  If I ever get annoyed by the show ever again, I'll just keep it to myself.  Because, you know, I don't want to be accused of "nitpicking".

*eye roll*

If we didn't nitpick what would we talk about.... I'm confused.... ;)

Okay, that IS a weird flashy thingy.

Yeah, I went back and watched the video and it's there and it's on purpose. I think it's the same kind of thing flying out of the Darkness cloud.  The light out of the Darkness and now the Darkness around the light?

The weird thing for me is why does it look so much like a fleeing squirrel?

That's what I thought it was until I realized it DOES seem to go thru his legs.

Hey... what if the SFx guys are just having fun.  I could TOTALLY see them doing that.  I NEED ANSWERS PEOPLE.

• Love 1

We sat on the back of the tailgate of a truck and had a great time.  Sure some wore seat belts but it wasn't something that was pushed.  We survived.  Small towns were slow to move to the seat belts.

I don't remember wearing a seat belt much until I was in high school--it became law to do so when I was 13 or 14. Other than riding in the back of pickup trucks, I remember we used to jump all around in our station wagon. I must have been terribly distracting for my mother to have four kids crawling over seats and such. 

Anyway, it is kinda hilarious to see someone climb out of a car with a baby like that nowadays. I actually think it could've been hilarious to see Dean try and put a car seat in Baby. I doubt it even has seat belt to use in installing one. But they are hard to get in safely, even in modern cars that are designed for them. They missed a golden funny moment there. ;)

ou know what?  Never mind.  If I ever get annoyed by the show ever again, I'll just keep it to myself.  Because, you know, I don't want to be accused of "nitpicking".

*eye roll*

We nitpick everything! I don't think you understood what I was saying if that's what you got out of it. I said I would consider it nitpicking on my side too because I would have been equally annoyed if there was a car seat.

Shut up, I'm a mom.

Now, at the age of...50+, our dogs have seat belts!

No, really. We take a lot of long road trips. Around town, they're on their own.

Okay.

So I've been thinking about this for a bit now...and this is some total wildass spec that I don't actually believe is true...

But what if "Sam and Dean" are actually not our Sam and Dean or they have been changed in some way by the Darkness.

Others mentioned that Dean saying "untenable" was notable; that he wouldn't use that word. I think he would but I can understand why others think he wouldn't. But I do think Dean seemed off here too for the most part.

Sam has seemed off to me too. He said to Dean when he first found him in the field of flowers 'You remember NONE of this", which I thought was odd phrasing and Jared seemed odd saying the line. It was peculiar to me like "untenable" was peculiar to others. Sam was sort of hiding and I don't think Sam would hide without playing it that he wasn't scared

I dunno, it's weird.  Something is rotten in Denmark, but I can't figure out what.

The season change gets me. I think everybody is right about the flowers, it was winter when Bob first appeared. But after Sam finds Dean, (and it's spring) neither of them say a word about it. It's driving me nuts!

Edited by Mick Lady