Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I wouldn't mind him speaking a bit more French, may be he can start discussing Locksat in a foreign language it would at least sound better lol.

I spent four years learning French at school and can just about order a cup of coffee these days. Sigh

I think Stana can speak French or is it Italian? I know she's fluent in about four or five languages apparently.  

NF took French in high school and had a summer immersion in Quebec through the Edmonton School Board. But if you don't use a language you lose it pretty fast. I worked in a francophone environment (writing in English and French) and two years after retirement I already find myself puzzling over French language videos.

Doesn't help that my Quebecois friends write FB posts in joual, tableau!.

Latest from TV Line

Any Castle scoop? —Fred
Though Episode 15, titled “Fidelis Ad Mortem,” largely revolves around sending Beckett back to the police academy at which she trained, “There also is fallout from the [preceding] L.A. episode, with regards to Castle’s discovery about his missing time,” says co-showrunner Alexi Hawley. BONUS SCOOP: In a springtime episode, a series regular character will emerge as a person of interest in a murder, ultimately setting the stage for a possibly significant life change.

So is the bonus scoop a hint as to how they will get rid of Beckett by having her sentenced to life imprisonment for killing Loksat? LOL Too much to hope that it's Alexis or Hayley who are found guilty.

So, 8x13 and 8x14 are linked in some way, and now 8x15 has some follow on from Castle getting all the answers about his disapearance in 8x14.

Edited by westwingfan

There also is fallout from the [preceding] L.A. episode, with regards to Castle’s discovery about his missing time,” says co-showrunner Alexi Hawley.

Still no idea where they are going with this, especially after how left field they went last time.  Just goes to show how Marlowe shouldn't have pulled a stunt storyline like this with zero idea about resolution.  And yet Hawley & TPW seem to be making the same mistake this season with the separation and Locksat.

Fallout doesn't sound good.  I hope the Beckett centric episode won't be one where she's at odds with Castle, again.

BONUS SCOOP: In a springtime episode, a series regular character will emerge as a person of interest in a murder, ultimately setting the stage for a possibly significant life change.

I don't think this will be about Beckett.  She's been a person of interest before.  She's also dedicated to her career and Locksat right now, and if Locksat hasn't turned her off a career in law enforcement ;) I doubt anything else will.  Don't think it's Castle either as he's also been a person of interest before.

My dark horse guess would actually be Lanie.  Maybe it's finally exit: Lanie since they're barely using her as a regular as it is.  Or maybe it's Hayley, if the actress has been cast in a new pilot.   Oh wait, it's probably Esposito since he's getting an episode focused on him around that time.  He decides to.. settle down?  Whomever it is, let's hope we actually end up caring. ;)

I spent four years learning French at school and can just about order a cup of coffee these days.

Remember to order it the French way and not just in French. :P

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 2

Still no idea where they are going with this, especially after how left field they went last time.  Just goes to show how Marlowe shouldn't have pulled a stunt storyline like this with zero idea about resolution.  And yet Hawley & TPW seem to be making the same mistake this season with the separation and Locksat.

I don't think this will be about Beckett.  She's been a person of interest before.  She's also dedicated to her career and Locksat right now, and if Locksat hasn't turned her off a career in law enforcement ;) I doubt anything else will.  Don't think it's Castle either as he's also been a person of interest before.

My dark horse guess would actually be Lanie.  Maybe it's finally exit: Lanie since they're barely using her as a regular as it is.  Or maybe it's Hayley, if the actress has been cast in a new pilot. 

I was suggesting Beckett with tongue firmly in cheek but remember the showrunners have revisited several old plots so far in S8 so making her a POI again wouldn't be totally out of the question with these invigorated writers. I did wonder if it might be Martha, but I agree Lanie has been sadly underused, whereas squarepeg Hayley has been shoehorned into several round plots just because they could. Unfortunately the article says "series regular" but I think Hayley can only be classed as a "season regular" so it can't be her.

"ultimately setting the stage for a possibly significant life change" This part makes me think it could be setting things up for the series/season finale in the same way that the last showrunners left Beckett in Hollander's Woods pondering her career options

Edited by westwingfan

BONUS SCOOP: In a springtime episode, a series regular character will emerge as a person of interest in a murder, ultimately setting the stage for a possibly significant life change.

Castle and Beckett have both been a person of interest in a murder before. I think Espo was too, in that episode where 3XK used doubles. It's a bit over the top to have that happen to any of them AGAIN, but it's also over the top to have every character be a suspect. Maybe it's Alexis and it makes her decide she doesn't want to be a PI anymore?

I wouldnt be surprised at all if its Beckett and she needs to flee - thus SK gets to leave at end of S8 leaving Castle PI to carry on

I can't believe they'd set up a Beckett-less season 9 by having her on the run from a murder charge while Castle just hangs out in NY playing PI. I mean, these writers can be pretty awful sometimes, but that would just be ridiculously awful.

Fallout doesn't sound good.  I hope the Beckett centric episode won't be one where she's at odds with Castle, again.

Supposedly she moves back into the loft in episode 16 though. So, maybe it's good fallout? Although I remember Hawley or Winter saying Castle chose to erase his memory because of something connected to Beckett. That can't be good.

Edited by KaveDweller

Maybe it's Alexis and it makes her decide she doesn't want to be a PI anymore?

That's too much to hope for although if so it would be the first thing they've done this season with Alexis that would make sense, I've wanted something to happen that shows how stupid this whole PI business is for Castle's daughter and shocks her into quitting. I also wonder if it's Martha, she's definitely a series regular and Susan deserves some more screen time, either Martha or Lanie would do me.

I think it needs to be a series regular who's character is developed enough to make a big change interesting/compelling.....that limits the options IMHO.  Mind you we're talking about Castle Season 8 where suddenly Alexis is a sophisticated hacker, Ryan and Espo are dumber than a box of nails and Lanie barely rates a mention....so expect the unexpected I guess.

Edited by BellyLaughter
Robert Hanning ‏@RobHanning  3 hrs3 hours ago

#Castle #819 #SPOILER

1st word of script: Close

1st word dialogue: Customer

Last word: Count

Takeaway: guess I really like c-words!

Erik Altstadt

‏@EAkorn

Last day of ep #818. @ToksOlagundoye  gives one hell of an amazing performance. Well done! Can't wait to see it all together.

This is presumably the Hayley-centric episode, sorry Erik but I don't care, the character for me so far has been a waste of time, I'm fed up seeing her pop up for some contrived reason during the odd episode and then disappear again.  

Edited by verdana

I think it needs to be a series regular who's character is developed enough to make a big change interesting/compelling.....that limits the options IMHO.  Mind you we're talking about Castle Season 8 where suddenly Alexis is a sophisticated hacker, Ryan and Espo are dumber than a box of nails and Lanie barely rates a mention....so expect the unexpected I guess.

The character development has been so woeful across the board that my investment in any of the secondary cast is severely limited, there is not much they can do which is going to make me sit up and care, given this season it's probably more a case of sitting up going WTF at the sheer stupidity of these characters and their OOC behaviour.

As long as whatever change they have planned does not further undermine Caskett's relationship in some way which for me has taken a severe hit, that's the main thing, these writers have screwed up so much this season when it comes to character "growth" it's painful. Sigh 

• Love 1

So I think the cast member in question is, uh, Perlmutter and the life-changing event is he learns the huge importance of lividity in establishing time of death. :-)

Edited by TWP
  • Love 2

Dear Lord I hope not! The bits in the webseries were corny -- an obvious spoof of every poorly thought out SF series around. And there are a lot of them.

I do have the comic books on order at the local shop, along with Whedon's Twist (steampunk witches, why not?)

But I would love to see NF and Alan Tudyk together in a buddy program.

Tudyk has been cast in an interesting workplace comedy about insurance adjusters in a DC Comics superhero world.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/danny-pudi-alan-tudyk-christina-kirk-cast-powerless-dc-comics-nbc-1201713030/

Edited by femmefan1946

Per all the typical tv news sites, Bones has been renewed for a 12th and final season of 12 episodes. With a promise of a satisfying ending. I wish this is what they would do for Castle, but that would be too easy. Instead we'll probably have to wait until the absolute last second to find out how the actors and network plan to go on with the show (or not).

• Love 3

Another Rob tease..

Robert Hanning ‏@RobHanning  4h4 hours ago
Yep. Definitely not f'ing around. #BTS #Castle #819 #sometimesrayoflightishandofdarkness

https://twitter.com/RobHanning/status/702959008139706369

More badass Becks on the way? 

Robert Hanning ‏@RobHanning  6 hrs6 hours ago
#BTS #Castle819 Not sure but I think something serious is happening...

https://twitter.com/RobHanning/status/702931407891333120

And another one, I'm desperately 8.19 signals the end of Locksat and this misery will finally be over with, pity they'll only be a few episodes left of the season to enjoy without it. 

Edited by verdana

#sometimesrayoflightishandofdarkness

Or the light bulbs they finally bought burned out?

Heh. It's funny because of the perpetually dark shots on the show, but FWIW, that hash tag was in reference to this previous Hanning tweet. 

@RobHanning: #Castle #819 #BTS My 3 takeaways from set this AM:

1) Bill Roe is pretty darn good at his job 

2) Stana is a ray of pure light 

3) see 1&2

Badass Beckett is fantastic when the story and the dialogue is written well. However, strong story and dialogue are in short supply with this show, usually corny and over the top stories and dialogue, so we'll see what they can deliver.

Badass Beckett is fantastic when the story and the dialogue is written well. However, strong story and dialogue are in short supply with this show, usually corny and over the top stories and dialogue, so we'll see what they can deliver.

Agree to disagree about Badass Beckett. SK, to me, always goes OTT in both line delivery and the tropish action sequences. To me, she is eons better when she is "just" a cop and not Super!Cop. Mileage may vary.

• Love 6

Agree to disagree about Badass Beckett. SK, to me, always goes OTT in both line delivery and the tropish action sequences. To me, she is eons better when she is "just" a cop and not Super!Cop. Mileage may vary.

Oh, I agree, mileage definitely varies when it comes to discussing the acting abilities or lack thereof of the actors in this cast.  I've given my opinion about the weaknesses of NF, so I certainly respect someones right to see things differently.

Wendy IMO it is magnified when Bowman directs, seems Terlesky gets some of the best emotions out of SK and NF, without OTT actions or lines IMHO yours may vary

Edited by Tim

Wendy IMO it is magnified when Bowman directs, seems Terlesky gets some of the best emotions out of SK and NF, without OTT actions or lines IMHO yours may vary

Bowman comes over like a bit of a drama queen as a director so I'm not surprised if it makes things worse but I'm with Wendy lol the badassery has never been one of Katics acting strengths, the often bad writing doesn't help either.

Why do they keep doing "Badass Beckett" when SK is so weak at that? (My opinion, folks!)

Count me in as thinking that "Badass Beckett" doesn't play to Stana's strengths as an actor either.  Doesn't help that the writing for when they want to showcase this side of her never seems to be that good.  Mileage varies of course, but I've found the writing for this to be generally too melodramatic, over the top, about as subtle as a hammer and just trying too hard.  It's like they want to ham it in about how badass she is, and they end up being hammy, complete with self-sewing of bloody wound while chugging vodka this season, which really made me laugh.  

I think there are several reasons why they keep going back to it, to new extraordinary heights ;).  Marlowe probably favoured it as he began to Mary Sue Beckett more and more, and it fit well with his penchant for big screen (melo)drama, 'raising the stakes' and 'heightening' things.  Bowman probably favoured it too, judging from his indulgent directing.  It could have been more compelling in judicious doses and with better scripting and acting, but they ended up overindulging like so many other things to the point where I find it cartoonish.  Stana probably favoured it too, as giving her more to chew on, but as I said, her acting isn't the strongest for me in these moments.  I think the flailing and hashtaging of Badass Beckett by vocal Stanatics on twitter also played a role, and made it into a thing for the writers to pay fan service to.  It's like how all the flailing and flattering over Beckett's coats made it into a thing, but likewise, ended up with Luke overindulging and overcatering to a section of fans in my opinion, with characterisation considerations receding into the background.   

The trope of a 'badass' female character has gained a lot of currency in Hollywood in recent years, to the point where every show seems to have one, and to the point where they are spoofed.  It's just a shame to me that Marlowe & Co. lost sight of the most appealing traits in both Beckett (and Castle) and what made them more unique and refreshing in the beginning, and went down a more generic path as well as a narrow understanding of what it means to be 'badass'.  A more sophisticated understanding would see that it's not about shooting guns, taking down men several times your size, kicking over tables etc., anymore.

When a character takes on a label, any label, there's a danger in letting that element be overindulged, and there's a danger that that character becomes the one with a monopoly on that trait as that's what she is known for, and other characters don't get to be that. 

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 3

Sneak Peek 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bsyoNozvyY&feature=youtu.be

Well, 'Jean Luc' does sound quite like some of the French people I know when speaking English.  A pity they made Castle not truly proficient in French but just faking it, for the sake of comedy, again.  I have to say, sometimes the "Ah, oui", does work when you actually have no clue what they are talking about heh.  A bit tricky when you're being asked a question though.  No one from Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan in the class? ;)

Castle's ugly layering is so distracting.  Especially the scarf.  He's wearing clothes like he's in another season compared to everyone else in the classroom.  Another classroom.  Hope they recycled some stuff from last week.

Fun Oscars/Castle crossover promo.  The Rickies, heh.  Almost shocked to see ABC putting together something like this for Castle. 

https://twitter.com/Castle_ABC/status/703006833254862848

For me the highlights of Stana's performances were in FFYG when just by her expressions she changed the tone of the scene where Castle is working out her story, and ITBOTB when again you can see her expression and demeanor change as she realised while waiting to meet Mr Jones that Elena was more than just a courier. For me I have cringed far more at some of Nathan's performances, particularly his dramatic ones, and when he plays the clown, comedy is his strength but not the buffoon, he doesn't rate in my list of male actors who I would make a point of watching what ever they do, so I won't be watching much more of him when the show ends, however I can't imagine anyone else as Castle now, much like Sean Connery is my James Bond even though I really like Daniel Craig and enjoyed Pierce Brosnan. Having said that I don't consider Stana is the Oscar worthy actress that so many of her followers believe, but I am likely to look up any future projects she is involved in.

Despite their individual weaknesses I think the sum of their parts is greater than them separately. I've seen that someone has put together some stats for this season in comparison to previous ones and the overall screen time that Beckett has had in S8 has been far less than Castle, when previously she had parity with Castle, in addition it seems to me that many of Beckett's scenes are peripheral as if she has been purposely sidelined, you often wouldn't think she was supposed to be the female lead. I find Captain Beckett boring and many of her scenes without Castle are easily forgettable, you could almost put her in the same category as Lividity Lanie now. LOL

Edited by westwingfan
  • Love 1

For me the highlights of Stana's performances were in FFYG when just by her expressions she changed the tone of the scene where Castle is working out her story, and ITBOTB when again you can see her expression and demeanor change as she realised while waiting to meet Mr Jones that Elena was more than just a courier. For me I have cringed far more at some of Nathan's performances, particularly his dramatic ones, and when he plays the clown, comedy is his strength but not the buffoon, he doesn't rate in my list of male actors who I would make a point of watching what ever they do, so I won't be watching much more of him when the show ends, however I can't imagine anyone else as Castle now, much like Sean Connery is my James Bond even though I really like Daniel Craig and enjoyed Pierce Brosnan. Having said that I don't consider Stana is the Oscar worthy actress that so many of her followers believe, but I am likely to look up any future projects she is involved in. Despite their individual weaknesses I think the sum of their parts is greater than them seperately.

FFYG is definitely one of the highlights of Stana's acting for me, but I'm afraid I can't agree about ITBOTB which I thought was one overwrought mess.  The waterboarding scene made me cringe.  Veritas was much better in comparison, although the 'badass' component was a bit much at times.  As for Nathan, while I think he's a talented comedic actor, I find myself most drawn to his dramatic acting on Castle.  Maybe because it's rarer and he uses a more restrained approach.  His declaration of love scene with Beckett in the S3 finale, the Alexis kidnapping arc, scenes where he's feeling the burden of guilt or protective of his loved ones, are some of his dramatic acting highlights for me.  Overall, I think the show has been lucky to have both actors who have elevated the material rather than the opposite.

FFYG is definitely one of the highlights of Stana's acting for me, but I'm afraid I can't agree about ITBOTB which I thought was one overwrought mess.  The waterboarding scene made me cringe.  Veritas was much better in comparison, although the 'badass' component was a bit much at times.  As for Nathan, while I think he's a talented comedic actor, I find myself most drawn to his dramatic acting on Castle.  Maybe because it's rarer and he uses a more restrained approach.  His declaration of love scene with Beckett in the S3 finale, the Alexis kidnapping arc, scenes where he's feeling the burden of guilt or protective of his loved ones, are some of his dramatic acting highlights for me.  Overall, I think the show has been lucky to have both actors who have elevated the material rather than the opposite.

I was only referring to the scene in the corridor when she was waiting to meet Mr Jones, not the episode as a whole. I thought Nathan's best dramatic scenes were when he finds out about Beckett's trip to DC in Watershed, and confronting her in "XX" about her behaviour. As I said, the sum of their parts is greater than the individual.

Edited by westwingfan
  • Love 1

Thanks for the links madmaverick.

Sneak Peek 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bsyoNozvyY&feature=youtu.be

Well, 'Jean Luc' does sound quite like some of the French people I know when speaking English.  A pity they made Castle not truly proficient in French but just faking it, for the sake of comedy, again.  I have to say, sometimes the "Ah, oui", does work when you actually have no clue what they are talking about heh.  A bit tricky when you're being asked a question though.  No one from Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan in the class? ;)

I watched it and winced a bit I have to say, I'm not sure what Nathan's trying to go for there heh, the woman from Senegal that he met should know he's not a French speaker and that something is up. Why am I not surprised that they're playing this up for laughs, too often this is the case especially when Castle is involved it magnifies the sense of buffoonery that pervades his character which is frustrating. I hope he can drop the the act quickly lol. I watched a video recently of Jodie Foster speaking French recently and WOW she speaks the language flawlessly. 

Much worse though is the scarf, they should be paying Nathan double his salary this week for that travesty alone. 

Castle @Castle_ABC
We’re excited for the #Oscars on Sunday, but Castle fans are pretty excited about the Rickies, too!

Only ABC could think of a name that sounds like something you would need to go to the STD clinic to sort out. "Oh no, I've got a nasty case of the Rickies honey!"

Although it sort of works for this season...

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I was only referring to the scene in the corridor when she was waiting to meet Mr Jones, not the episode as a whole. I thought Nathan's best dramatic scenes were when he finds out about Beckett's trip to DC in Watershed, and confronting her in "XX" about her behaviour. As I said, the sum of their parts is greater than the individual.

I think both Stana and Nathan are better at the more subtle scenes. Nathan is also really good at angry, probably because Castle's usually so lighthearted that when he changes in demeanor you can really see it. I will state the unpopular opinion that I didn't like Nathan's performance in the Alexis kidnapping episodes, it didn't work for me at all. But he's excellent at the proud father moments and at the loving husband looks. 

Stana is great at showing a lot of emotion with just a look. I remember in the LA episode you see the two of them sitting on the couch talking and before Beckett gets up to leave you can see her thinking, "oh crap, something might happen if I keep sitting here, I have to leave to protect myself," with just a flick of her eyes. Her badass moments can be good or bad depending on the actual writing. The thing with a lot of them isn't really that I don't believe what she's presenting, it's that I find her kind of unlikable in them (when she's threatening a suspect inappropriately). So if that's intentional she's good, but if it's not, not so much.

Fun Oscars/Castle crossover promo.  The Rickies, heh.  Almost shocked to see ABC putting together something like this for Castle. 

https://twitter.com/Castle_ABC/status/703006833254862848

Oh, that is a fun promo. I can't believe they did that much effort for Castle.

• Love 1

In that sneak, Castle's jacket....who did Luke base his measurements for that one on was it The Hulk?

As for Alexis...sigh she's lost as a character.

When it comes to Stana and Nathan's acting chops for me less is more.

My favourite moments for these two are when they're not risking almost chewing the scenery, sobbing, yelling and crying in super dramatic scenes.

Great moment for Nathan, when Castle has to pretend all is well and lie to his family to get them out of New York to safety when they were searching for that bomb.

Although saying that, the stand out moment for me with Nathan acting wise on Castle was his "four years!" outburst in Always, that delivers an emotional punch in the gut every time precisely because he's on the cusp of breaking down but Nathan keeps it reigned in - you see the tears but they don't fall - which is much more impressive. I agree with KaveDweller he can do anger really well, didn't much care for the Alexis kidnapping stuff either but God how I wish she'd go missing again...

Nice little moments for Stana when she's talking about why she wore her dad's watch and mom's ring, telling Castle about how her mom died - things like that.

Supposedly stand out acting moments which fans often mention like the water torture in ITBOTB, or acting drunk and angst ridden in Killshot I either found cringe inducing or left me cold.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 4

I feel both of these have no depth to them. They don't add to the characters. The traits wear them, they don't wear the traits.

You are 100% right about this. In the earlier seasons they seemed more real. They had more defined personalities. It seemed like there were at least a few rules to the Castleverse. I could empathize with both of them. There were things I would bet that Beckett or Castle would not do. Now it just seems like a free for all. Either one of them is liable to do or say anything to anyone at any time. It's hard as hell for me to identify with someone when I don't have a damn clue who they are or what matters to them.

• Love 8

Meh, a Caskett scene but tainted yet again by the sheer absurdity of this Locksat nonsense.  My Castle sabbatical continues. 

Hearing a Castle bereft of creative writing inspiration say to Beckett that he realises he can't go with her because "we have to maintain the ruse of our separation until you capture Locksat" is just eye roll worthy given that they're together acting like husband and wife IN THE LOFT! 

For crying out loud they're not maintaining any illusion of separation so the words coming out of their mouths are utter fucking nonsense. Any one with a few brain cells would know this but fans are being asked to believe these two supposedly intelligent individuals think their subterfuge (still wearing their wedding rings don't forget!) is doing the business. 

I also note that he says "you" capture Locksat not "we" yet another travesty this season that in the past they would have tackled this together yet inexplicably he's allowing his wife to continue to investigate the big bad with the annoying Vikram and he's acting the disinterested party unless she presumably feels like telling him something. This does not make any sense if you care about adhering to good characterisation. Given how dangerous Locksat were set up as being at the start of this fiasco it's unbelievable that Castle would for one second be happy to let her do this alone without him being with her every step of the way.

That's the huge stumbling block with this Locksat business, the characters are not acting like this unknown enemy is any serious threat to them whatsoever, so why should the audience care? 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

Sorry, but the best thing I can say about that dress is it looks... comfortable?  Very comfortable, heh.

Meh on the sneak peek.  Because whenever Castle or Beckett have to deliver a line of exposition about Locksat, it sucks the fun out of the scene for me.  Especially when Castle references Locksat, I keep thinking this husband has the patience of a saint for this bullcrap. ;)  I like it when Castle's writing comes up between Castle and Beckett, but I'd hoped that a scene about writer's block between husband and wife would be more playful, physical and.. inspired?  This scene didn't quite achieve that.

Edited by madmaverick

I read about Bones being renewed for a final season to wrap up and I realized, if they had wanted to spin off and continue without the 2 leads, I would be willing to give it a chance. They've developed the Jeffersonian team a whole lot better than Castle has developed their secondary characters. I feel like I know their revolving door of interns even better than Lainie, Esposito, and Ryan. And they have a shit ton of people to work into an episode.

I'm still super pissy they made me hate this show. Even reruns are starting to get on my nerves cuz I know how badly they fuck it all up.

• Love 2

Stana looks beautiful as always in those pictures, but I never really agree with her fashion choices.

Meh on the sneak peek.  Because whenever Castle or Beckett have to deliver a line of exposition about Locksat, it sucks the fun out of the scene for me.  Especially when Castle references Locksat, I keep thinking this husband has the patience of a saint for this bullcrap. ;)  I like it when Castle's writing comes up between Castle and Beckett, but I'd hoped that a scene about writer's block between husband and wife would be more playful, physical and.. inspired?  This scene didn't quite achieve that.

I did like Beckett saying he's Watson without Sherlock instead of the other way around.  And that we're seeing Castle writing, I am glad he hasn't given that up for PI stuff. But I guess we're supposed to think Alexis and Haley are the ones running the place? Do they have actual clients? But hopefully they are going to touch on Castle not being happy with the fake separation thing at the end of the episode and we'll see movement? Am I too optimistic?

And I guess those letters about his disappearance are going to be touched on in episode 14? Is that next week already? Ugh.

Edited by KaveDweller

I also think his writing is suddenly being brought up again these last few episodes for a reason. Not quite sure what that reason is yet - is he going to stop, is he going to find another muse, is he going to write non-fiction, not sure, but somethings up there.

I also think his writing is suddenly being brought up again these last few episodes for a reason. Not quite sure what that reason is yet - is he going to stop, is he going to find another muse, is he going to write non-fiction, not sure, but somethings up there.

I agree, it's definitely intentional. Maybe they heard complaints about the lack of references to it? Although they're ignoring all the other complaints about this season.....

Or maybe it's just cause they decided to release another real life Nikki Heat book.

I agree, it's definitely intentional. Maybe they heard complaints about the lack of references to it? Although they're ignoring all the other complaints about this season.....

Or maybe it's just cause they decided to release another real life Nikki Heat book.

Publication date October, 2016? Hmmm, makes me think we'll get another season...

Publication date October, 2016? Hmmm, makes me think we'll get another season...

Well, maybe. But chances are the book was in the works before the ABC upheaval. And it also depends on how negotiations go, since NF/SK, I think, only signed on for this season.

If there is another season, though, I think any potential S9 should be the show's last.