Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I think we could be getting close to the end. If you look past the smoke screen of them breaking up you will see they have completely reset the show. Even if they were together how much screen time would they get away from the COTW? How many hoops would they have to jump through every week just to get Castle the PI & Captain Beckett in the same place at the same time during an investigation. If the audience balks at this how do they get them back working together? I don't really see Beckett taking her shield back. If this does not work out they may have written themselves into a corner.

• Love 2

It's such a weird choice. It's not like her hair looks bad darker/shorter.

And considering the changes her character is undergoing this season is a change of hair style really that shocking?? My friend just went really radical with her hair because she feels it's the only thing she has control of at the moment! It's a bold choice but I totally understand where it came from!!

I believe Castle has used sweetie for Alexis in the past, and I was kinda waiting for people to say they were weirded out by it.   I'm fine with it personally.  I think these terms of endearment may be actors' ad libs than written in the script, but who knows.  I didn't see "babe" coming from Beckett, but Stana, yes.  At least Castle's not calling Beckett "kiddo" like Martha calls him lol.

I always assumed the babe thing started as an adlib from Stana, but maybe by now the writers have started putting in the scripts by now.  I think Stana has always liked the idea that the tough walled up Beckett we saw in the early seasons has a girly side that we didn't get to see until she was with Castle.  And I guess the writers agree (hence the babe pet name and liking jewlery and being all "where are we going" in S5).

I'd be surprised if Nathan was adlibing "sweetie" though, it doesn't seem like something he'd do.  But you never know.  I don't have an issue with him calling Beckett sweetie when he has used it for Alexis in the past.

They joke about Castle being Beckett's puppy, but I like that Castle's the one who is always there to reassure when her usually confident self is in doubt.  I love that dynamic about them.

I like that dynamic about them too.  I also think it is really sweet that both Castle and Beckett have been shown to feel better just by seeing each other when they are upset.  And I think they both seem willing to show the other when they are feeling vulnerable, even though both try to hide that from others (and used to do it from each other).

It's such a weird choice.  It's not like her hair looks bad darker/shorter.

I really don't get it. But then again, I didn't get the choice Stana made to wear extensions in season 6 either, so what do I know. 

Hmmm...this reads as if it could be from the queen, given the extremely high level of positivity and the lack of a name to claim the writing.

Personally I disagree with the writer's opinion of Haley. From what I have seen she us an unnecessary character and not particparticularly appealing, wiaaa annoying nasal voice. I can't say that I agree about Alexis either.

'Castle' Showrunners Preview More Character-Driven, Less Procedural Season 8 at Hollywood Reporter.

It confirms that whatever happens in the two parter is connected with Kate's time at the AG office and also involves Bracken. I can't recall if that was mentioned before now in an article.

I can't help being vexed that Hayley has been drafted in to play a "big sister" role with Alexis, and those fans saying Alexis PI is a short term thing, I sense they're going to be proved wrong given Alexis is "playing around" with being a PI. What I want to know is what happened to her expensive college education? Did she finish it? If Hawley wants to "connect the dots" with the writing may be he could start there.

I hope when they "revisit" this story arc after the two parter they don't repeat the same mistakes they did with the mythology last season.

Hmmm...this reads as if it could be from the queen, given the extremely high level of positivity and the lack of a name to claim the writing.

Personally I disagree with the writer's opinion of Haley. From what I have seen she us an unnecessary character and not particparticularly appealing, wiaaa annoying nasal voice. I can't say that I agree about Alexis either.

Yeah I felt the same regarding her comments on Alexis.

By "the queen" I presume you are talking about Lisa Caputo? I say no, that review is not nearly positive enough. In any case Caputo is writing on another site (TV Junkies) last time I checked and her review is due out Monday.

If you give a preview on a site like that surely the least you can do is be confident enough in your opinions to put your name to it. 

Edited by verdana

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Blacklist, Heroes Reborn, Bones and more at EW

You’re so lucky you saw the Castle premiere. Please give me a clue as to what happened to Beckett! — Karen
That’s exactly what Castle is hoping to uncover during the first hour as he discovers that Kate has been keeping some secrets from him, much to his own detriment. I’ll just say that there’s a new form of torture in the premiere that even made me squirm. On another note, I was a little unsure about the addition of Hayley at first, but her dynamic with Alexis brings out a softer side that I’m excited for the show to explore this season.

Castle Changes Guard With a New Captain and a New Partner (But Don't Worry, Caskett Fans) at TV Insider 

A rehash of what's already been said about Hayley, Beckett, Bracken etc. 

Castle's Toks Olagundoye Clears the Air: 'I Would Have Resented to Be Brought On Simply as a Love Interest' at TV LINE

Hayley is here to bring the sass, kick some ass and maybe mentor a lass. But romance? No one has time for that.

Jon must be disappointed heh. He seemed to want Espo to hook up with her. 

TVLINE | Thought she does seem to have a soft spot for Alexis. Why do you think she takes a shine to her?
I think she’s impressed with her. Not in a way like, “You’re my hero,” but Hayley has always been hardworking and disciplined and focused — No. 1 on her plate is work and getting it done. She’s not really concerned with personal relationships. I don’t think she’s used to being impressed by anyone, but this young woman has just got it so together and is so focused, but also has no ego. That’s a lovely thing about the Alexis character, she’s so capable and smart but she has no ego. I think Hayley enjoys that, and she enjoys giving her something that she probably didn’t have when she was younger, which is guidance from another strong female.

Hmmmm I wonder where Alexis could have got guidance from another strong female from when she was younger...oh wait!  As for Alexis having no ego..huh? 

Yes, and she was kicked off the force in England, so I don’t know if anyone would be too quick to have her back! The police officers are very proper over there, and what she was doing was a bit more “1970s New York cop.” She was unorthodox.

Hayley sounds like she will be perfect mentor material lol. 

I'm dubious about the point of this character but who knows I may be pleasantly surprised. Good luck to Toks and her debut on Monday!

Edited by verdana

Thanks for the link. I've seen that one doing the rounds, she got some flak for it which is not a surprise. 

When it comes to these so called "reviews", the vast majority come over as fan opinion laced with the individual's own particular bias attached and I read them with that in mind.   

Edited by verdana

Here's a review showing they really will let almost anyone see a screener. She's entitled to her opinions, but it's written so unprofessionally and more like a rant than review.

http://castleseries....ibuted-article/

That may be the most atrocious review yet, and I would question whether it could even be called as such.  I don't know what accreditation was required for them to gain access in the first place (and according to a post I read recently at the reasonable minded alwayswritewithcoffee tumblr, seems like the network was lenient before and tightened up requirements now), but I hope access to screeners doesn't mean access to the set.  Anyone who has ever looked at some of these reviewers' twitter feeds would find them rude and disrespectful to say the least, a possible security threat at their worst.  They should not be allowed access to the actors at all.

And why do these fan sites post contributor articles of this quality?  Desperate for content and clicks?  I don't frequent any of them so I don't know how they operate, but why doesn't the site owner write a proper review him/herself?  I wouldn't want to be associated with this kind of quality.

Shows like Game of Thrones are on lockdown by the network and I don't think they even give out screeners.  With the quality of previews for Castle, I don't think it would be a great loss if they did away with screeners altogether.  I don't think it generates a lot of positive sentiment.  For every ounce of excitement, you're going to get loads of negativity from loud people in the fandom.

Edited by madmaverick
but why doesn't the site owner write a proper review him/herself?  I wouldn't want to be associated with this kind of quality.

CastleChronicles who runs that site is doing her own review on Monday.  

madmaverick. I agree about the screeners they do more harm than good, I would be relieved if they stopped them for the sheer fuss they cause. 

Edited by verdana
Our storytelling — especially in seasons two and three — was a bit more fun, character-based stuff and a little less procedural. Terence was excited about that idea as well — to simplify the cases a little bit to give us room to tell character stories. Coming into this season, we had shot 151 episodes … we've pretty much done every kind of case you can do, so it's really more about the characters and how they interact with each case.

So why the shift away from the character-based stuff if that's what they are implying (and possible differences with Marlowe)?

What they are saying in this respect is encouraging and I really hope their writing lives up to it, because as far as I'm concerned, good dramas need to be character driven.  I will wait to see if this signals a move away from the tiresome themed murders and back to something more old school whodunit, less gimmicky and less grand on occasions.

She's become like a big sister to Alexis as Alexis is playing around with this idea of becoming a P.I.

I don't know whether it's more unlikely for Beckett to pursue a career as a politician or Alexis one as a P.I.  I could maybe see her putting in an application for the FBI if she became truly interested in law enforcement, or maybe I'm thinking of Veronica Mars heh, but a P.I.?  Not that I want to limit any young girl's ambitions.  Whichever direction they take Alexis' career interests as she finishes college, I hope they build up the proper foundation for it and it's not like one day out of the blue after graduation, she decides she wants to try out on Broadway.  That's what I felt they did with Beckett's Senate thing.

If you ask us, the show would run forever. I do think there are still stories to be told. The strength of the show is its characters and its actors and we've got that like crazy.

So don't waste the bloody Caskett chemistry while you have it!

Part of what we are trying to do this season is add fresh energy … by picking things up a little bit to infuse it with a bit more character all across the board is set ourselves up hopefully to go for a long time -- but that's not our decision. We hope we are talking about season nine next year.

Interesting.  Confident words.  I guess once they've finally climbed up to the top with the showrunner position they would like to stay there for as long as possible, because who knows when the next ride will come along?  It'll become clearer in time whether there's still life left in the show; the biggest challenge is probably getting the actors to want to stay.

Hayley is here to bring the sass, kick some ass and maybe mentor a lass.

Punchy, tailored line.  I bet Matt liked it heh.

I probably will like Hayley, just as I like Beckett.  But Hayley still sounds a bit like Beckett 1.0 to me.  And like many other sassy, kick assy, strong female characters that are prevalent across the network TV landscape these days.  I really hope they don't give Hayley a tragic past as well; I note she's described as having a shady one already... due to tragedy? ;)  I am hoping for something to distinguish her from the rest.  Maybe that will come from her relationship with Alexis.  But like others said, there's no reason why Beckett/Alexis shouldn't be developed in the past as well as in the future.  If there's strife between Caskett this season, then any of that that overflows into Beckett/Alexis should be given attention.

If people warm up to her, they do, and if they don’t, they don’t.

She needs this kind of attitude to keep herself sane when exposed on social media.

Honestly, I would have resented, after 21 years as an actor, to be brought on a show simply to be somebody’s romantic interest. It’s not a soap opera.

Yet that's the reality for any number of working actors, and the romantic interest is a staple of WT/WT as well as any number of shows with a soapy element.  It's not even a gender thing.  Michael Trucco and Victor Webster were brought on for that thankless role.  Maybe they could have been more interesting if the writers bothered to develop them, but on Castle they didn't, not really.

Esposito's ever wandering eye is a turn off by now.  

When Toks said she hadn't met Tamala yet, I wondered what Tamala makes of Toks' role.  Getting to sass, kickass and mentor Alexis.  Isn't that what Tamala has been wanting to do for seasons now and in the end only getting to do 'lividity'?  She's got her steady paycheck for 7 seasons but this other actress is coming in as a regular in 8 and probably getting to do more than she got to do in 1-7.  I think the writers have never quite seen Lanie beyond the typical medical examiner role on a crime show, for whatever reason.

And is it just me or did Toks come off as being smartly non committal on a number of things in her interview re Caskett and re what she was enjoying on set?  I think she's learned her lesson from social media that some Castle fans can be a crazy, over sensitive bunch who take offence at the weirdest things like mentioning and then not mentioning some fellow cast, and that any comments on Caskett have to be finely calibrated. ;)

So there was fandom drama over wig or no wig.  How fascinating.... not.  Thank God I missed it all. 

I really don't get it. But then again, I didn't get the choice Stana made to wear extensions in season 6 either, so what do I know. 

I really don't get it either.  It doesn't matter in the least to me whether Beckett has long hair or short.  Might be a bit strange if she were to go platinum blond all of a sudden, but hey as long as they can explain it character wise... other than that I'm good with haircuts and they are a fact of life. ;)  And if I were Stana, why would I want to wake up earlier to go to set to get a wig or hair extensions on?  She looks perfectly fine with shorter hair.  I don't see long hair as Beckett's signature look or that she has one even.

Finally listened to ShayJean's whole song on spotify.  It sounds like it was well executed, but it's just not my kind of music.  It's probably better that I just listened to the audio rather than watched the music video, which might have made me take the music less seriously.  From all the pics of ShayJean, it looks like Jon and Seamus did a lot of wardrobe shopping together lol.

https://www.facebook.com/shayjeanmusic/photos/a.1489314371364243.1073741829.1479518955677118/1489314641364216/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/shayjeanmusic/photos/a.1489314371364243.1073741829.1479518955677118/1489314734697540/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/shayjeanmusic/photos/a.1489314371364243.1073741829.1479518955677118/1489314788030868/?type=3&theater

Um... LOL.

Edited by madmaverick
TVLINE | What else do you know about her backstory? As revealed in the premiere, it sounds like she had obviously a very different upbringing from your own.

The producers have an idea of what they want for an arc, but they’re fluid with it because… you have to be able to change things according to what’s actually going on and how people are responding. I know they have a couple of ideas but I know that they’re not solid, so it’s not something that I would share.

When I read this I thought of what happened to Pi, I gather he was meant to last longer than he did and they had more story to tell but that all went tits up, if she proves a ratings failure they can write her out easily too in this way. 

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Good Wife, Castle, NCIS, Bones, Nashville, Vampire Diaries, Suits, Sleepy Hollow and More at TVLINE.

Question: Will we get a full explanation on Castle about why Captain Gates is leaving the 12th precinct? Is she going to show up this season at all? —Michelle
Ausiello: Gates’ whereabouts are promptly and efficiently accounted for early into Monday’s Season 8 premiere, and the door is — in theory — left open for the occasional appearance. Here’s more on the awaited hour, per Matt Mitovich: “Even if you’ve read about the unique structure to the two-part premiere, it is nonetheless highly entertaining and compelling — definitely one of the series’ more intense outings. As for the assorted ‘shifts’ we have heard about over the summer: Toks Olagundoye is impressively badass as Scotland Yard outcast Hayley Shipton, while ‘adult’ Alexis is a very refreshing change of pace and fits in very organically. Also, as I said on Twitter: Be forewarned, arachnophobes!”

I'll be the judge of how refreshing "adult" Alexis is thanks Matt and based on what I've seen so far "organically" is not a word I would use to explain her abrupt transition from college student to PI. 

So why the shift away from the character-based stuff if that's what they are implying (and possible differences with Marlowe)?

What they are saying in this respect is encouraging and I really hope their writing lives up to it, because as far as I'm concerned, good dramas need to be character driven. I will wait to see if this signals a move away from the tiresome themed murders and back to something more old school whodunit, less gimmicky and less grand on occasions.

It does sound like they are implying differences with Marlowe. Harley is pretty much saying he wants the show to be more like the early seasons and that those were better. So he thinks the show was better before he left? Am I reading too much into that?

They really do seem to be saying the right things and having the right attitude. Which is why some of the spoilers are so baffling.

Sandra knows best ©

‏@Sandraxf

Us Weekly Sept. 28, 2015 issue - Television (by John Griffiths): #Castle

https://twitter.com/Sandraxf/status/644864090469437440

So he thinks the show was better before he left? Am I reading too much into that?

That's how I read it too, they're not slagging off the old regime obviously but reading between the lines that's the impression I get.  Marlowe started to forget about the characters which is what drives any story for me and concentrated instead on the cases relying on "themes" to pad out a season, to the show's detriment. 

Edited by verdana

Despite being apprehensive about a Caskett break up whatever that entails, I'm actually still looking forward to what TPW & AH will deliver and change about the show, because to me, Marlowe hadn't had much left in the tank creatively for Castle for a few years now and I really wanted someone new in charge.  They might succeed or they might fail big, but it's better than the same old same old to me that had gotten quite stale.  It's definitely closer to the end of the show anyway so I don't mind that they take some risks with doing some things differently, and hopefully everyone's rewarded.

Castle Preview: Toks Olagundoye Teases "Incredible, Sassy" New Character at TV Fanatic 

Why does every female character on TV these days have to be sassy? 

I like the neat dodge she does when they ask about Caskett, saying she's more interested in focusing on her own lines than what's going on elsewhere. 

Castle fans can be a little intense. Have you ever had to deal with this kind of social media interaction before, and what’s it been like?

I mean, I answer all my tweets, I always have. It has never been this intense on a daily basis. Whenever we would air for The Neighbors, from the day we would air it, probably a couple of days, day and a half later I would be interacting with everybody. But fans, if they’re getting in touch with you, they love what you do. That’s always going to be intense, and I enjoy that. I don’t think it’s a bad thing. I see it as part of the job, and it’s no different as what you have to do every day as an actor. You have to be enthusiastic, you have to be prepared, you have attract good people you don’t know. It’s kind of the same thing.

Nice polite reply there given she's already had a good dose of the crazy served up to her. 

I have no idea yet if I'll like Hayley, but everything I've observed and read of/from Toks makes me like her as a person. I find her attitude and the way she handles herself in these interviews incredibly refreshing as compared to both the cast and the show's creative team (both current and past). 

• Love 1

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Good Wife, Castle, NCIS, Bones, Nashville, Vampire Diaries, Suits, Sleepy Hollow and More at TVLINE.

I'll be the judge of how refreshing "adult" Alexis is thanks Matt and based on what I've seen so far "organically" is not a word I would use to explain her abrupt transition from college student to PI. 

I don't know any actual adults who just go to an office they don't work at and start doing work they weren't asked/authorized to do, and consider that starting a career.  But Kramer did it in an episode of Seinfeld.

I know that a lot of fans are concerned with Rick working as a P.I. again and perhaps taking on a new partner, that the show is shifting away from the Caskett romance. Do you have any insight on that you can share?

Well I’m not his partner. I don’t know where anyone got that from. I mean I…this is going to sound awful, but I don’t really read the scenes that I’m not in because I like to watch the show. When I’m in something, I like to see what everyone else in the scene did that I couldn’t watch. I get a thrill out of seeing my coworkers do what they do. I also live tweet every episode if I can, so I like to keep it fresh for myself. I read my own stuff, I make sure I know what I’m doing. I only need to know what Hayley’s up to. I try to skim everything, and I look at where Hayley’s name is, and I kind of focus on that. So I don’t really know what’s going on with anyone else. When I’m on, I’m kind of just focusing on what we’re doing at that moment. Hayley’s not a part of their personal family, so she doesn’t really know what’s going on.

I kind of get what she's saying but it does sound awful to say you only read the scenes you're in.  I'm not insulting her, I just can't believe she actually said that.

Edited by KaveDweller

I don't know any actual adults who just go to an office they don't work at and start doing work they weren't asked/authorized to do, and consider that starting a career.  But Kramer did it in an episode of Seinfeld.

I kind of get what she's saying but it does sound awful to say you only read the scenes you're in.  I'm not insulting her, I just can't believe she actually said that.

I don't see anything wrong with that. I've heard that system is/was now used on some soaps to avoid actors giving spoilers.

• Love 1

I don't know any actual adults who just go to an office they don't work at and start doing work they weren't asked/authorized to do, and consider that starting a career.  But Kramer did it in an episode of Seinfeld.

... except wouldn't it be slightly different if that office was a side-project that your dad started for fun? I mean, it's not like she walked into a PWC office, claimed a desk, and proclaimed she was now an accountant.

It does sound like they are implying differences with Marlowe. Harley is pretty much saying he wants the show to be more like the early seasons and that those were better. So he thinks the show was better before he left? Am I reading too much into that?

It's funny because most people would probably agree that (maybe outside Castle and Beckett's personal relationship) the show was better in S1/S2/S3 (even around here). So ... if they want to try to get back to that ... I'm not going to complain.

• Love 1

I don't know any actual adults who just go to an office they don't work at and start doing work they weren't asked/authorized to do, and consider that starting a career.

Well we get to test how much continuity & detail they bring to the table right off the bat. With the big deal made last season about Castle getting his PI license I would expect Alexis having a license to at least be addressed one way or the other. Under the old regime little details like that were almost always just simply ignored. I hope this new bunch does better.

I don't see anything wrong with that. I've heard that system is/was now used on some soaps to avoid actors giving spoilers.

I don't see anything wrong with it either, I just think a lot of people could take it the wrong way, so saying it in an interview could be a bad idea.  I can see certain fans thinking that she thinks she's self-centered because of it.

... except wouldn't it be slightly different if that office was a side-project that your dad started for fun? I mean, it's not like she walked into a PWC office, claimed a desk, and proclaimed she was now an accountant.

It's funny because most people would probably agree that (maybe outside Castle and Beckett's personal relationship) the show was better in S1/S2/S3 (even around here). So ... if they want to try to get back to that ... I'm not going to complain.

It would be slightly different if it's your dad's fun side-business.  But not really a sign of adulthood.

What would actually be really interesting would be if they have it turn out Alexis was trying the PI thing because she has no idea what she wants to do (as she said in the S7 finale) and so she is just trying to jump into the family business.  But eventually she realizes that even though she's good at it it's not really her passion.  I would be very surprised if that happened though.

i'm not complaining about trying to be like the earlier seasons either, unless they just mean having a not at all together Castle and Beckett....

But apparently it's not for fun, he's earning his crust these days as a PI to pay the bills. Meanwhile his daughter without his permission is sitting there when clients come in willing to spend their hard earned bucks on his expertise claiming to be his "associate", instead what they get is a 21 year old girl with little experience of actual detective work who seemingly got bored with college life. Considering how hard the writers seem to want to show Alexis all "grown up" they've got a strange way of going about it. 

Castle' Stars Jon Huertas and Seamus Dever Talk Season 8, Give Us the Definition of Love at Yahoo TV

There’s been a lot of talk that the new showrunners, Alexi Hawley and Terence Paul Winter, are shaking things up. Can you tease any other changes that we can expect to see in the new season?

Huertas: Well, I think we’re going to see a little bit more of Castle’s daughter, Alexis, working this season. They’re giving her a little bit more responsibility because now she’s an adult, a full-fledged adult. Molly Quinn started out at 14. We’ve been on air for eight seasons, and now she’s 21, 22. So she’s a full-grown person.

Since we're discussing Alexis, they really are all keen on emphasizing this new found maturity.

Season 7 wrapped in a way that could have served as a series finale, but thankfully it wasn’t. What would you say the theme is for Season 8?

Huertas: I think the theme for Season 8 is starting over. Changes. That would be the theme, I think, not only storywise but also for us as a production. You know we’ve got a couple of new showrunners this year, so the show, I think, it’s kind of getting like a rebirth.

Dever: Kind of like a reset. It’s starting fresh but taking what people already know and building upon it. So it’s kind of got a nice new energy that’s a lot of fun to be around. Reinvention. I like that. I’m going to use that for every interview from now on.

Seamus heh. Well at least he isn't going to use "mytholoogy".

Edited by verdana

Dever: That whole Castle daughter living at college stuff, that’s kind of past that now. They wanted to give her more to do on the show as kind of a fun father-daughter team that they have.

Huertas: So, yeah, that’s how they’re shaking it up. They’ve got Ryan and Esposito taking point on all these murderers, and now Beckett’s now a captain, so Castle’s partner is now his daughter, if you will. So that’s how they’re shaking things up. I think it will definitely shake things up with each character’s relationship with the other characters too. And I think that goes back to our theme as a reinvention. The show was starting to get kind of very familiar, repetitive. The only way to keep the audience interested and coming back to see what is going to happen next is for them to shake things up.

So college is done with then for Alexis?  

Ratings aside, the failure of the PI arc and episodes like “Child’s Play” make it clear that separating the two work-wise is a mistake. The less Castle and Beckett are together, the lower the ratings are in both demo and viewership.

I’m not clear on how ratings work. Surely until someone tunes into a show they don’t know what is likely to happen on it? And then if they get bored or annoyed they tune out?  Does the ratings system measure that?

I could see it if the 'offending' episode had normal ratings, and the next week dropped. Or if the repeat during the hiatus had much lower ratings.

Of course, when I’ve been part of ratings surveys, it was paper based, so I just basically lied to make sure the programs I liked stayed on the air for when I did have a chance to watch them (or my videotapes.  It was a while back.)

But it is more like Real Life. How would you know what is going on at your boss’ house or at a crime scene you did not attend ?

Lots of interviews for Toks, I see. The words used to describe her character also fit Lanie...Tamala was already there, no need to go get someone else. Also, I appreciate Toks saying her character doesn't have to come on as a love interest etc. BUT isn't that what the new showrunners are indicating w. Espo? Also to cheer Toks for saying that while reducing Tamala's Lanie to that same roll is ... something. Lanie had been reduced to whether her and Espo will make their nonexistent, who gives a fuck, relationship work. 

I feel like I am been fed a rather large glass of Koolaid right now -- made up of one part Hayley, one part grown up Alexis and one part "shaking things up"

Yep, same feelings I'm getting. I'm hearing more from Toks than Stana and hearing more about Castle/Alexis than Castle/Beckett.

ETA: Castle's Toks Olagundoye Clears the Air: 'I Would Have Resented to Be Brought On Simply as a Love Interest' ... didn't read the article b/c I couldn't get past the title. On one hand, Yay! On the other, girl bye! You would have resented it but played the role and cashed your check. 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 1

I am really interested to read Jon and Seamus' interview and how hopeful they are about the future of the show....they do realise that if they show continues next season in the form of Castle PI that they will almost certainly be out of a job, right?? Should Stana chose to leave and the show carry on I can see the network trying to erase everything Beckett flavoured in an effort to keep the show going forwards with its new branding...surely the 12th precinct would fall under that?? I know it's jumping the gun but, hell, it already appears measures are being put in place for this kind of transition.....I mean just take one look at the official website for the show.....

So college is done with then for Alexis?  

Maybe she graduated early off screen or something. Actually, it would fit. Alexis graduated high school at the end of S4, so the end of college (depending on if she ever attended in the summer or not) could have happened or will be by the end of the season.

Of course, she also could be a college dropout, but I seriously doubt the show will care enough to address this.

But it is more like Real Life. How would you know what is going on at your boss’ house or at a crime scene you did not attend ?

But it's not real life.....the character of Haley wouldn't know those things, but she's an actress. She has the script. She can know whatever she wants.  Again, I don't think it's terrible of her or anything, I just think it sounds weird.

Maybe she graduated early off screen or something. Actually, it would fit. Alexis graduated high school at the end of S4, so the end of college (depending on if she ever attended in the summer or not) could have happened or will be by the end of the season.

Of course, she also could be a college dropout, but I seriously doubt the show will care enough to address this.

At the end of last season she said she was finishing her junior year.  They could say she took summer classes to finish early or something, but it's kind of weird for them to be all, "she's 22 now, so we're just forgetting about school and saying she's an adult."  And she shouldn't just start out being called Castle's partner, let her work her way up to it.  Castle has lots more experience than her.  Beckett and Castle didn't call each other partners until season 3.

But it's not real life.....the character of Haley wouldn't know those things, but she's an actress. She has the script. She can know whatever she wants.  Again, I don't think it's terrible of her or anything, I just think it sounds weird.

At the end of last season she said she was finishing her junior year.  They could say she took summer classes to finish early or something, but it's kind of weird for them to be all, "she's 22 now, so we're just forgetting about school and saying she's an adult."  And she shouldn't just start out being called Castle's partner, let her work her way up to it.  Castle has lots more experience than her.  Beckett and Castle didn't call each other partners until season 3.

Sure, but...it's Castle PI business, right? So I can see the rules not applying here. Call it professional nepotism, if you will, but it would explain why Castle lets Alexis in full throttle.

.....I mean just take one look at the official website for the show.....

Like the official ABC website? Looks the same as it always has to me, honestly.

And the RichardCastle.net webpage hasn't updated in a year.

Sure, but...it's Castle PI business, right? So I can see the rules not applying here. Call it professional nepotism, if you will, but it would explain why Castle lets Alexis in full throttle.

Well, yeah, I guess it's realistic.  Especially considering that Castle has just let Alexis do whatever she wants for the past couple of seasons.  I just don't like it.  

From that interview:

Dever: Well, basically, we get a lot more responsibilities around the precinct because there’s sort of some shuffling around of the personnel. I’m not going to give any of the spoilers. They probably know… they’re not going to spoil, right, Jon? So Beckett is a captain now. I don’t know if you knew that — did I spoil anything? So since Beckett is the captain, Ryan and Esposito have a lot more caseload, and they’re also thinking about what this means for their life. So they’re thinking about taking the sergeants’ exam, they are thinking about moving up the ladder of the police chain.

So, they're taking the sergeants exam but Beckett jumped right to Captain?  Sure, why not?

Dever: We’re happy because Espo and Ryan are in the forefront now, which is something we’ve been asking for years now. It’s actually happening now, which is a great thing for us. It feels fun to go to work every day now.

Wow, that speaks volumes about how Seamus felt about the past couple of seasons.

I'd really prefer to see interviews with Stana and Nathan (separate ones, I mean) or hear about what's going on with Beckett and Castle.  No offense to the rest of the cast.  Maybe we'll get some post the premiere after the breakup reveal is out?

Edited by KaveDweller

It's got a slightly altered flavour but YMMV

I just don't remember Alexis featuring as prominently but I do admit to only occasionally using that website but the big honking picture of Castle and Aexis from the season 7 finale just struck me as an odd choice and not one I have associated with the official site before (esp considering Beckett was sitting right next to him in that scene and just how lovely that particular scene was for those 2 characters) -- it just stood out to me straight away because it felt so weird to use it??!! 

It's very subtle I'll admit that but just look at the selection of clips.....yes, they feature Beckett but you wouldn't know that at first glance.  Even Espo and chemistry cop get more of a feature.....

Edited by BellyLaughter
Well, yeah, I guess it's realistic.  Especially considering that Castle has just let Alexis do whatever she wants for the past couple of seasons.  I just don't like it.

Same here and if I'd like them at the very least to explain what's happened about her schooling even a one liner will do. I guess they won't even care to address the PI licence business, I've got to accept that she's "grown up" and this is her job which she's fully qualified to do just like Beckett can go from lead detective to Captain in a single bound - although as you pointed out the boys aren't so lucky and have to work up through the ranks heh. 

I'd also like to hear more from the two leads about the new season, especially Stana. I appreciate the secondary stars taking the time to give interviews of course since it generates discussion points but they're not my primary focus. 

Edited by verdana