Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

did anyone catch the interview the Kings (of The Good Wife fame) did with TVLine yesterday?? That was a doosey!! That's what we're up against folks!! Talk about condescending!

That was spinnier than the teacups at Disneyland!  It makes Marlowe's "mythology" talk seem almost quaint.  But it does beg the question, filled with hypotheticals: IF there indeed is a big rift btw Stana and Nathan, and IF they refused to work together, would you rather they end Caskett (whether by ending their relationship or the entire show) or fake Caskett with CGI and body doubles?

That was spinnier than the teacups at Disneyland!  It makes Marlowe's "mythology" talk seem almost quaint.  But it does beg the question, filled with hypotheticals: IF there indeed is a big rift btw Stana and Nathan, and IF they refused to work together, would you rather they end Caskett (whether by ending their relationship or the entire show) or fake Caskett with CGI and body doubles?

No hesitation.....end the show.  I would rather bid goodbye to a show I still love than watch some Dr Frankenstein version of body doubles and CGI and twisted, contrived storytelling with lots of "phone calls"

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 3

Please no wig for season 8 and keep her hair that color! Been watching the TNT reruns from the earlier seasons and I'm surprised at how much more a dynamic character she seems.  I'm sure it's not just because of the hair, but as others have pointed out, the shorter, darker hair does seem to make her seem more interesting and mysterious, and not a just cookie-cutter beauty. 

Edited by MaryM47

And Chado - what have you read or contemplated that leads you to think the split will be that long?

MaryM47. Stana said in an interview that an event happens in the two parter that sets things up for the next twenty odd episodes.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/castle-stana-katic-season-8-abc-1201485528/

The reason is because of that interview posted above and just the general things that have been said about this season so far. One of them is that Hayley is a regular character. My presumption is that she and Castle's scenes all happen outside of the 12th, which would indicate Castle doing his own thing for a lot of the season. They keep talking about focusing on the different relationships and how Beckett being captain changes things, and I think that’s going to be the theme of the entire season. It would indicate way less Castle and Beckett scenes, the Alexis/Hayley connection also suggests Hayley is more involved in Castle’s family life than Beckett. A Hayley/Alexis relationship only develops over time, and I personally don’t think it would happen if Castle and Beckett got back together in 2-3 episodes.

It doesn't make sense (to me) to break up Beckett and Castle for 3 episodes particularly when it is the decision of only 1 of them, and under the guise of Castle’s ‘safety’. The show isn’t going to introduce a threat and then remove it in 2-3 episodes. The show never does things like that. The threat will hang over our/their heads all season, and be reintroduced when they want to deal with it.

It feels like a complete reset. I think the TVLine interview is correct in that this could be the end of Castle and Beckett’s relationship IF one of the main players (Castle/Beckett) doesn’t want to do a season 9. This gives them a way to continue the show without the other. The show is essentially creating two different ‘worlds’ in a way. You have the PI/security angle; you have Beckett being captain at the 12th. Both can intersect with each other, both can function without the other. If season 8 looks to be the final Castle season, they are able to bring them back together in the last 4-5 episodes and give people a ‘happy’ ending, but they hedge their bets in both situations.

I really do hope I am wrong, but I strongly feel that this breakup will last at least 85% of the season.

Edited by Chado
  • Love 2
I really do hope I am wrong, but I strongly feel that this breakup will last at least 85% of the season.

Very well thought out argument, Chado, and unfortunately you may be right.  

Well going by the BTS we have so far (unless they change her hair from 804) they're wigging her.

In terms of the S7 DVD, the bloopers are much longer than what was seen at Comic Con (going by the Classifications, etc). So that (hesitantly) and the background BTS I'm looking forward to.

Edited by Nadine
  • Love 1

And Stana moves the ring back and forth from hand to hand. I think she likes to mess with her fans because they care so much. Makes me admire her.

I just had to bring back this line of conversation because it appears that Stana is now wearing one on each hand. I don't really know what that's about, but it made me laugh.

Edited by metaphor

Stana, Ann Cusack, and Sunkrish on set 8/7/15. Hair lighter than and doesn't look like a wig. Perhaps story predicated the hair color cjange. Either way I love the darker hair on Stana and hope it's for Beckett too. The latter was looking too model-ish for my liking.  

I second that!

I would even go so far as to hypothesise that Stana has already strongly indicated she won't be doing anymore seasons hence the lengths they are now going to in reshaping or rebooting the show to try to carry a Beckett-less version beyond S8. The only variable being will Castle fans embrace the changes to ensure the show actually sees a S9??

I second that!

I would even go so far as to hypothesise that Stana has already strongly indicated she won't be doing anymore seasons hence the lengths they are now going to in reshaping or rebooting the show to try to carry a Beckett-less version beyond S8. The only variable being will Castle fans embrace the changes to ensure the show actually sees a S9??

I...don't think so. I think all of these changes are to just try to make S8 stand out and give C/B one hell of a hurdle and, at the end of the season, it'll be a happily ever after/love conquers all deal and the show will end then.

At least that's what I think as of right now. But it always comes down to money. Still, I'd think most of the cast has enough from 8 seasons - or should - and may also want to expand their acting horizons.

A Beckett-less season 9 would mean either divorce or death, either of which would completely change the DNA of the show.  As much as I would watch Nathan Fillion fold laundry or read the newspaper, I don't know if I could handle sad, bitter divorced Castle or sad, brokenhearted widower Castle.  Either of these scenarios would suck the fluff and fun and romance out of the show, and if I wanted a cop show with no fluff (which I most certainly do not) there are 20 others out there I could watch.  

• Love 1

I second that!

So much can change over a season. Everybody involved may love what happens this season from a personal level and want to continue on. If nothing else, this change allows everybody to work with people they may not usually interact with as much. It puts the characters in different environments which might be refreshing to all those involved (from an actor point of view). It's impossible to draw a line on who does (or doesn't) want to do a season 9 before they even advance in season 8 properly.

There are also so many external factors that can influence the discussion about any future seasons. Will fans accept Castle and Beckett broken up? Will fans accept reduced scenes between Castle and Beckett? What effect does all of this have on ratings as a whole? I mean...It's possible that by the end of season 8, the ratings are too bad to even consider filming more seasons.

I honestly wouldn't stress about a season 9. Let's all see how season 8 goes first.

• Love 1

A Beckett-less season 9 would mean either divorce or death, either of which would completely change the DNA of the show.  As much as I would watch Nathan Fillion fold laundry or read the newspaper, I don't know if I could handle sad, bitter divorced Castle or sad, brokenhearted widower Castle.  Either of these scenarios would suck the fluff and fun and romance out of the show, and if I wanted a cop show with no fluff (which I most certainly do not) there are 20 others out there I could watch.  

There is another, less gloomy way. Beckett could get pregnant towards the end of the season, or even in the finale, and retire to become a stay at home Mom, then she could morph into a Colombo type wife where she is mentioned but never seen. It would reduce the loft scenes but would give Castle free rein to pursue his P.I. career, they could even have him consulting her over the phone during cases, we'd just never hear her side of the conversation.

I just hope TPTB never read these discussion boards LOL

Edited by westwingfan

There is another, less gloomy way. Beckett could get pregnant towards the end of the season, or even in the finale, and retire to become a stay at home Mom, then she could morph into a Colombo type wife where she is mentioned but never seen. It would reduce the loft scenes but would give Castle free rein to pursue his P.I. career, they could even have him consulting her over the phone during cases, we'd just never hear her side of the conversation.

But if the idea is to transition to a show with just Castle (again, not so sure there), that concept would severely personally limit the character. If there is a S9 (which I doubt) and no Beckett, I do think divorce or death will be the answer. Even sitcoms have done death, so there is that.

Cyranetta I think you quoted the wrong text. But it sounds like a really interesting discussion, is that another show? :)

The quote is from one of Pratchett's Discworld books. I pondered the possible meaning of quoting it here, but I'm lost :)

• Love 1

Hello hubris! The show runners best friend!

Marlowe was arrogant and so was his wife and worse she was passive aggressive towards any criticism the #respecttheprocess tweet was a typical of their hubris and inability to see how their attitude to certain things pissed fans off when it was completely uncalled for and Marlowe wasn't any great shakes at trying to promote his own show either. He would often things that made me cringe or frustrated in equal measure and it certainly never got me excited about what was coming next. He needed to go on a course on PR! Hart Hanson was the same when I was following Bones, I don't know if he's improved. 

Chado. I agree that's exactly what they're trying to do. Castle S8 will become two shows in one and they'll see if that will float, anything to keep the show going as long as they can since they've got nothing decent to replace it with. If they can wean fans off Caskett slowly but surely and on to that formula great if not they gave it a shot and will wrap it up with a happy ever after ending.

As for the idea that going on without Katic in the story is a non starter, I wouldn't put anything past the network in their desperate attempts to keep this show going in any way shape or form and if that means a Fillion solo vehicle and Beckett at home a lot (or worse case scenario dead) then so be it. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Nice hair but why is she wearing curtain tassels on her dress?

That's outfit does her no favours, although she's beautiful that's not her fashion consultant's best effort at showcasing her client. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

If nothing else, this change allows everybody to work with people they may not usually interact with as much. It puts the characters in different environments which might be refreshing to all those involved (from an actor point of view). It's impossible to draw a line on who does (or doesn't) want to do a season 9 before they even advance in season 8 properly.

Given that I sense all is not sweetness and light between the two leads I agree this story line (if it works) would be a welcome change for everyone not only to ease possible personal tensions but from an acting POV.

Susan and Molly have said in the past they didn't see much of Stana and likewise Seamus has said the same because the boys are always precinct based. Although admittedly I'm not sure if this story line will change that particular dynamic much lol. However, Molly looks as if she'll be working with Toks quite a bit, so she must be pleased and for Stana and Nathan it does mean a change in focus and they're the most important individuals to keep happy and fulfilled.

What actors often get excited about in terms of their work is often not the same as the fans, they're looking at things from a completely different perspective and so may be people won't like the changes but that's the way it is. I can imagine Katic being much happier having more focus on Beckett in her new role as captain and the return of Bracken is an added bonus as that story gave her the greatest chance to stretch her acting legs and Nathan obviously enjoyed the PI arc playing detective having fun and games and he's got Toks to play with now heh.

Edited by verdana

Stana's a beautiful woman and I like her with darker hair, but just not a fan of that hairstyle, that eye make up, or that dress.  I like her simple wedding bands though.  Perhaps that kind of eye make up is en vogue right now, but I just don't like it.  I think it ages a person, and someone thin like Stana like most Hollywood actresses can come off looking a bit gaunt in the face.  I wish they'd lay off the eyeliner for her on Castle too, because sometimes it really looks like too much goop during close ups and in bed.  Never used to think of the Beckett in S1 as a woman who would spend too much time in the bathroom on her makeup, and I still miss that simpler, fresher, less made up look, which did make her look less like a generic Hollywood cookie cutter glammed up beauty doll.

More Muppets promos with Nathan.  Anyone else's mind went you know where with that line?  Curious minds want to know what Nathan was thinking in that moment... ;)

http://www.ajc.com/videos/entertainment/the-muppets-whats-the-deal-with-kermit-piggy/vDYyBG/

And apparently Miss Piggy ogling Nathan's bum was just the beginning...  looks like there's more action on The Muppets than on Castle. ;)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4v47RtgsC8&sns=tw

It's interesting to see an ABC show using a break up story to promote a show.  I read an interview with The Muppets showrunner who was asked why he decided to break up the longstanding couple, and he basically said he believed this offered more stories so go figure.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

Looks like navy to me, but lighting can be deceivng.

Gah, even if I loved acting, I'd hate to be an actress with every pore and part of my body snapped in HD detail for all to see!  No wonder they have to go through all the tiresome primping and constant changing of hairstyles, hair colour, dresses, accessories and who knows what.  Well, I'd find it incredibly tiresome but maybe some women enjoy it.  It's just all so artificial to me.  I am more a fan of natural beauty.

Heh, my mind went there too, thanks for those videos madmaverick.

Yeah sad to say Nathan looks like he got more action with Miss Piggy than he ever does on the show with Beckett.

It's interesting to see an ABC show using a break up story to promote a show.  I read an interview with The Muppets showrunner who was asked why he decided to break up the longstanding couple, and he basically said he believed this offered more stories so go figure.

That seems to be catching amongst showrunners.

I'm coming around to the idea of a Castle/The Muppets cross over. Since Miss Piggy and Nathan have obviously got to know each other much better their on screen chemistry could be sizzling. Nathan needs to get something worked out to get his latest love on the show to send sparks flying with Beckett. I would also like to see Miss Piggy give Espo grief on a regular basis and then Kermit could promptly turn up and start dating Alexis.  

Edited by verdana

Chado, agree with many of your thoughts.  I, too, think it's more likely than not that the break up with last for a good portion of the season because their track record has always been to dip into an arc at the beginning of the season and not really revisit until the end.  Problem is, often the story didn't have enough juice to sustain it for an entire season and the neglect of it in between meant waning interest.  Caskett's always a through line through episodes so if the arc is about them then perhaps they'll address it more often.  (But hm... the way they did that S4 season of secrets arc was so bad and frustrating.  I hope it's not like that again.)  Still, I think you need movement both on the relationship angst side of things as well as the plotty taking down the big bad side of things because if you just have the characters passive with the new status quo of them broken up and not desperately trying to get back together, then it's not much of an epic love story, is it?  It's annoying when writers keep characters and stories artificially static because they're afraid of running out of story or they didn't plan the entire season properly.  If there's a massive backlash to the breakup, perhaps they'll end it during midseason sweeps.  But it really does sound more like a season long kind of thing with the break up ending only when the Big Bad is resolved by the season finale.

I still do think the main impetus behind this break up story is AH & TPW wanting to make their mark as showrunners on the show.  With all the changes they've wrought, they're clearly ambitious and didn't want to just coast along, which may have been Marlowe & Amann's mindset in later seasons.  It's too soon to tell whether we'll have a stronger or a weaker Caskett story out of it, and/or stronger or weaker individual character stories out of it  It's a big risk for sure, but we'll see if they can deliver.  I also agree that it's too soon to tell whether the actors want to be back for a S9.  A lot of things can change over a season.  The odds are probably against it at the moment, but the truth is, we don't actually have much real insight into their thoughts either on the show continuing or on each other bts. ;) It's all speculation from us as outsiders unaware of their professional and personal considerations.

Yeah sad to say Nathan looks like he got more action with Miss Piggy than he ever does on the show with Beckett.

Oh what I'd give to see Caskett stumbling out dischevelled out of a storage closet or something!  Better yet, in action inside one.  Too much fanfic, heh.

Verdana, I think some fanfic writers may be picking up the idea of Beckett getting jealous over Miss Piggy ogling her husband lol so a crossover could be coming.  One up her with an actual ass grab of her husband.  She was shown to be rather grabby before in the elevator heh.  I'd watch Miss Piggy schooling Espo too.

Checked to see that The Muppets is an 8pm show so it really would be something if there's more action there than on Castle.  And they're muppets! ;)

madmaverick. Heh found one already.

Instead of Nathan it was Castle who did the Muppets commercial, and Kate gets jealous of Miss Piggy....

Super Distracting

And here's a Castle/The Muppets Christmas crossover by the same author where they solve a murder at the theatre heh. 

Magic In The Air

Checked to see that The Muppets is an 8pm show so it really would be something if there's more action there than on Castle.  And they're muppets! ;)

My Monday nights viewing schedule may need to change slightly, I'll get up earlier and watch The Muppets to experience a healthy dose of fun, drama and sizzling sexual tension and then move on to Castle for a weekly shot of pained looks being exchanged between Castle and Beckett and "deep dark" secrets being revealed lol. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
I just hope TPTB never read these discussion boards LOL

I've heard some actors have admitted joining fan message boards and even posted things, why they would want to do that beats me, they'd be scarred for life if they lurked too long on some heh. Terri and Marlowe admitted they would check out twitter and tumblr to see what the prevailing mood was but they've never admitted to scouring message boards, which is probably just as well. 

Edited by verdana
I still do think the main impetus behind this break up story is AH & TPW wanting to make their mark as showrunners on the show.  With all the changes they've wrought, they're clearly ambitious and didn't want to just coast along, which may have been Marlowe & Amann's mindset in later seasons.  It's too soon to tell whether we'll have a stronger or a weaker Caskett story out of it, and/or stronger or weaker individual character stories out of it  It's a big risk for sure, but we'll see if they can deliver.

I agree with the first part, but I think they'll blow the Caskett aspect of it personally. You cannot have stronger Caskett scenes if they are broken up, it just doesn't work long term.

It's been confirmed that it isn't 'fake', they aren't secretly together trying to fool people into believing the situation for something it isn't. For whatever reason, Beckett sincerely believes that Castle is safe with them broken up and not together. So it's going to be angsty, we are probably going to be frustrated with her and the situation in general. With all that in mind, I struggle to see how they dangle enough Caskett in our face for the majority of fans to accept the situation for what it is.

I'm interested to see how they attempt it to be honest. I'm curious how they will try and keep Caskett as the main element of the show when they seem to be doing everything they can to split up the two of them from being in the same scenes. The ratings will be interesting, same with the mood of discussion on social media. I think the majority of fans are completely oblivious to what's coming.

• Love 3

I haven't seen anything that confirms a breakup, short or long.     The only confirmation that matters to me is when the show actually AIRS on September 21st.     Till then, take any talk about the show as what it is... your typical showbiz hype, speculations, clickbait, and from some of us...out and out hysteria over something that hasn't happened.   

I'm going to hold my fire until I actually see the finished product.    I would like to actually ENJOY the new episodes of the new season,  so I'm not going to get worked up Monday Morning showrunning a show that isn't even edited yet.  

Keep calm, and Caskett On

• Love 2

Still, I think you need movement both on the relationship angst side of things as well as the plotty taking down the big bad side of things because if you just have the characters passive with the new status quo of them broken up and not desperately trying to get back together, then it's not much of an epic love story, is it?

They'll have to do something they rarely do, have emotional continuity from week to week. Last season the mythology got dropped 3 episodes in and then rated a passing mention every five or six episodes (usually for a cheap laugh) and no one really cared because Castle and Beckett acted like it didn't matter much either. It finally got dealt with in 7.20 - is that going to be the same pattern here? I can't see that working at all. If they separate it's completely different, they can't ignore it for weeks on end or have someone say "oh yeah you guys broke up!" and everyone nods sadly for a second or two then carries on talking about the case as if its no big deal. The fans are going to see Castle and Beckett act like they desperately want to get back together, if it looks like everyone is complacent and God forbid even happy with the status quo then there's going to be lot of frustration and upset because that's undermining the importance of a relationship that forms the focal point of the show. 

Edited by verdana

Castle - Episode 8.03 and 8.04 - Titles Revealed at Spoiler TV.

Recap of current episodes confirmed so far:

Ep801: XY - TPW/A.Hawley-R.Bowman
Ep802: XX - TPW/A.Hawley-P.Holahan
Ep803: What Lies Beneath - B.O'Brien-L.Shaw
Ep804: PhDead - C.Gomez Creasey-R.Bowman

Erik Altstadt ‏@EAkorn  2 hrs2 hours ago
There are some really funny moments between #Castle and #Ryspo over #CastleSeason8 so far. Gets hard to contain the laughter!

Would these "funny moments" involve Ryspo taking the piss out of Castle and him meekly accepting it by any chance? Hope not.

Dropping the storyline all season won't work though, because if we aren't reminded of this new danger there's no explanation as to why Castle and Beckett aren't together. Unless they are writing that they actually don't want to be together (as opposed to wanting each other but having to be apart). But that doesn't fit the characterization for the past three years.

They could make the story of this new danger out all season, but have Caskett decide halfway through to get back together and face the threat together.

Thanks for the crossover fics, Verdana.  Fic writers are so creative.

Interested to see how the new writer acquits himself in 803.  Get the feeling from the title that 804 is going back into light-hearted territory, if they can manage that.

Erik Altstadt ‏@EAkorn

There are some really funny moments between #Castle and #Ryspo over #CastleSeason8 so far. Gets hard to contain the laughter!

Hm.. they've just finished 803 so there are laughs already in the first 3 eps?  Let's hope it's us laughing with them rather than the usual Ryspo laughing at Castle at his expense.  I'm not sure the writers want out of that dynamic though.  It appears to be one of their favourite go tos whenever the three of them share a scene, their tried and tested way of getting laughs. ;)  They should shake up that dynamic a bit like everything else they're shaking up.  At least have the laughs not be mostly cheap mockery, insert some wit!

Susan Sullivan ‏@realssullivan  
Hey @NathanFillion this is the best gift ever....You are cat nip for me dude!!#catsloveyou

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM4DtTQUwAAYMuk.jpg

I should add, first, "peaches".  Now, "cat nip"?  What's next, Susan? :P

Susan continues to show her quick mastery of the twitter art form.  She wasn't wrong when she said she'd be giving unsolicited advice.  Second career as an Agony Aunt?  Heh.

That does look like one contented cat.  I had no idea there was such a thing as a scratch lounge for a cat lol.  Just have this image of Nathan being a gift ninja surfing on Amazon in his trailer finding all sorts of weird and wonderful gifts heh.  But Castle as a gift ninja was so disappointing!

Edited by madmaverick

I pondered the possible meaning of quoting it here, but I'm lost :)

Oops. My mistake. The Pratchett quote was left over from some work I was doing on Facebook for my local Library Association's page. It has nothing really to do with Castle, unless one can stretch the connection to the NYPL <g>.

Honestly, if this were any drama but a crime procedural, there's no way a break up storyline like this wouldn't overwhelm every aspect of their lives, their entire well being.  It's nothing short of catastrophe for a happily married and committed couple who had to overcome countless obstacles and near death experiences to get to Till Death Do Us Part, and now this?  What was it all for then?  So many repercussions into their family relationships as well.  If they want to do angst, then let's get it right.  It should cut deep, very deep.

But I don't see how they could stay true to that on a show that aspires to be comedy drama and light hearted a lot of the time.

What are the odds of us getting a passionate Always scene out of this storyline?  Got to find the silver lining somewhere.  But it has to feel earned.  It would be a slap in the face if we endured 20+ episodes of angst and separation with no passionate and emotional payoff.

• Love 1

There is way too much going on with that dress, bits of metal, swirly material, a zip, tassels.

I wonder if it was something she picked up while working in Jordan. It looks like it might be a modern interpretation of Mideast folkwear.

Castle TV.net ‏@CastleTV

Did you know you can ask @SeamusDever a question & he'll answer right on our forums? Add your question now! http://castletv.net/forums/cast-crew/ama-with-seamus-dever … #Castle

Um, what was up with that recasting rumour of the supporting characters that was suddenly stirred up by the site during contract negotiations due to info from a super trusted source and fans were asked act on it by exerting pressure on the network? ;)

• Love 1

I wish I could say that I have read any spoilers that make me happy, but I haven't. It seems that the new showrunners are continuing what the last showrunner started, but given the drop in viewers, that does not make sense.

To me, it feels like TPTB began to lay the groundwork to continue the show without Stana during season 7, with the PI story, Castle working with Alexis and a general physical separation of Caskett. (I felt like Stana was very unhappy with the season 6 finale, so).

Now that Stana is back, it seems like they decided to stay on the same trajectory.

Since most of this did not go well the first time, I suspect the new showrunners will be in for a rude awakening when the ratings plummet.

While I still love Castle and Beckett, I find I have to get my fix through fan fiction.

Edited by FormerCastleFan

The show isn’t going to introduce a threat and then remove it in 2-3 episodes. The show never does things like that.

But the show does introduce a new threat, deal with it for one or two episodes, forget it exists for 20 episodes, and then bring it up again for one or two episodes. With Castle, really, anything is possible.

But also, IMO the one thing they can't do is kill Beckett. IF they want a season 9 AND Stana is the one that doesn't want to come back, then they've got two options: find something non-show based to do and write the character out that way OR end the show. I don't want to watch a divorced or widowed Richard Castle, sorry. Really though, I don't see myself enjoying the show if it's changed too much from its formula of writer-following-cop-for-inspiration roots, so I'd either hope they throw a ton of money at Stana to try to convince her to stay or just end on a somewhat high note.

• Love 4
I can't see that working at all. If they separate it's completely different, they can't ignore it for weeks on end or have someone say "oh yeah you guys broke up!" and everyone nods sadly for a second or two then carries on talking about the case as if its no big deal. The fans are going to want to see Castle and Beckett act like they desperately want to get back together, if it looks like everyone is complacent and God forbid even happy with the status quo then there's going to be lot of frustration and upset because that's undermining the importance of a relationship that forms the focal point of the show

The show isn’t going to introduce a threat and then remove it in 2-3 episodes. The show never does things like that.

But the show does introduce a new threat, deal with it for one or two episodes, forget it exists for 20 episodes, and then bring it up again for one or two episodes. With Castle, really, anything is possible.

After the two-part premiere uncovers the dark threat which convinces Beckett that Castle is in jeopardy, there will be maybe a 3 episode threshold of angst before Beckett and Castle come back together to resolve the threat over the rest of the season. The threat doesn’t need to end because the separation ends. The show has always been about their partnership which includes a love affair for sure, but that has never been all there is to it.  Caskett working on cases together is why viewers watch the show. The writers will not be able to give the separation continuity after more than a few episodes.  To drag a separation out over the entire season makes little sense because it will impact the ratings quickly. It is a shame the way it appears the show runners are going to so lightly treat their marriage commitment by using such a weak excuse for a separation after just six months of matrimony. IMO.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 4