Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Maybe Castle will even wage a romantic campaign to win Beckett over again to his side of seeing things.

Hmmmm not so sure that Bumbling!Castle is up to this task in his current guise also his present giving hasn't been that imaginative I have to say, so I hope the guy can manage to do something special for his wife to woo her back, no more scrabble games please.  

I feel I have to say that I have really enjoyed the conversation and speculation that has been happening here in than last 24 hrs! I think this is the most positive I have been about this show in months and months! I am not loving all the info we have but I can appreciate what they are attempting to do! I'm really hoping it can be as good as I think it can be! I also hope I like both Hayley and Vikram more than I am anticipating I will!

A little more clarification from George who spoke to Nathan, I keep wanting to call the guy George Pinocchio heh

joseph marks ‏@josephmarks10  8h8 hours ago
@ABC7George @Castle_ABC @NathanFillion I Hope They Are Not Bringing The P I Thing Back! Fo Season 8! Wrong Direction! Am I Reading It Right

George Pennacchio ‏@ABC7George  7h7 hours ago
@josephmarks10 Yes. He will be more into his P.I. biz while his wife is busy as the new police captain in the precinct.

What I don't understand is how things BTS can be so bad that they need to separate the characters so much. Everyone who has worked on the show says how great the set is etc etc. Maybe they are just playing lipservice. However, Nathan's current squeeze, Krista Allen,even tweeted Stana a welcome back tweet last week so I don't see how Nathan and Stana can't stand to work together anymore. I know on The Good Wife there were issues with JM and AP to the extent they CGId their scenes together. Maybe I'm just being naive but I just can't see things being that bad on the Castle set.   

"We were on a break?" (TM Friends)

I have zero expectations for the blooper reel and haven't had any for the last few seasons.  I think the last time there was some genuinely fun interaction caught on bloopers was S3 or 4?  That time when his pants fell off and she laughed so hard that she slipped to the floor.  And there was some literal skipping hand in hand down a hall heh.  How times have changed.  Makes me sad to think of it.  Everyone else seems to speak highly of both and get along with them great.  I don't think they hate each other, but I miss the easy friendship and platonic playfulness and I think there's no going back to that unless they are like the X Files actors.

There was definitely some great interaction on the S4 bloopers and good interaction in S5. It was only S6 where they didn't have any clips of the two of them together.

Well by all means if Krista Allen tweeted it must be one big love fest!

Haha. If you listened to her favourites and retweets you'd think she and Nathan are married and have kids. ;)

What I don't understand is how things BTS can be so bad that they need to separate the characters so much. Everyone who has worked on the show says how great the set is etc etc. Maybe they are just playing lipservice. However, Nathan's current squeeze, Krista Allen,even tweeted Stana a welcome back tweet last week so I don't see how Nathan and Stana can't stand to work together anymore.

Stana never replied or retweeted but was on twitter shortly afterward and considering that all "verified" people on twitter have a seperate feed for all other "verified" people they follow or tweet them it would have been hard to miss.

Does anyone know how many times Nathan and Stana have been on set together since filming started this season? I can only think of maybe 3 occasions.

I doubt anyone thinks it's a lovefest, for me it is more a question of atmosphere on set. You can hate someone and be civil at work or you can hate someone and be all dramatic about and cause problems or make TPTB cgi your scenes together.

Haha. If you listened to her favourites and retweets you'd think she and Nathan are married and have kids. ;)

LOL to both.  Soon they'll all be going on a double date and posting selfies together and it'll be the apocalypse.  

KA's twitter feed is like getting constant notifications that she's dating Nathan. Make of that what you will. ;)

You can hate someone and be civil at work or you can hate someone and be all dramatic about and cause problems or make TPTB cgi your scenes together.

What I wonder is whether it's love (I mean, like), hate or indifference right now.  Since there's no intel, we can't tell.  I think they are civil and professional on set (and perhaps very good at acting) because many insiders and outsiders comment on it as a good work environment.  And none of their coworkers appear to be taking sides.  I did notice that Molly finally followed Stana on twitter going into S8.  Maybe that's neither here nor there, but it's interesting.

Maybe Susan should offer them some of her unsolicited advice bts, heh.

I don't have reason to believe yet that the break up storyline is due to any factors bts.  It's more believable to me that the writers wanted to find a new stimulus for the Caskett story.  Both actors were convincing to me as a couple in love last season so I have no reason yet to think that will change this season.

Does anyone know how many times Nathan and Stana have been on set together since filming started this season? I can only think of maybe 3 occasions.

We can hardly know since they've been shooting inside Raleigh.  But if the first two episodes are focused on their separate perspectives, would make sense for them not to share a lot of scenes yet.  It's still early days in the season.  They should be having some intense scenes though if a break up is on the cards.  Stana and Nathan seemed comfortable enough in rehearsal in that bts pic AH tweeted.  She was even touching him.

Just perused some Castle related timelines on Twitter....that was one hell of a mind melt! I can understand not liking what's happening with spoilers but the flat out ugly, nastiness being thrown around by some so called fans is unbelievable! What's really interesting though is sometimes on Twitter you can follow one timeline and see a particular handle slagging off one of the actors left, right and centre and on the next timeline you read that same user has completely changed their tune!

I can say, without a doubt, if I were in any way associated with this show I would not go anywhere near social media ever with what I just read being outthere -- I mean there's disappointed and then there's just flat out psychotic!

Thankfully my timeline is pretty tame -- I have to dig pretty deep to encounter the toxic trolls of the Castle fandom!!

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 4

Hehe. I follow one such twitterer who's all about villainous Fillion and how next season is a Beckettless shit. All mentions of NF, his projects or friends are coded as "spaceshit". Everything he does or says is closely monitored and subtweeted. Writers are also hacks and spineless fools who write only what the network and Fillion dictate. But when someone positive and unsuspecting starts a convo she's all about being positive to the show and actors, and how immature teenagers spread hate in the fandom. If you only read your own feed you wouldn't know about her other opinions, you have to click on the user and read her feed just like BellyLaughter said. I keep her for entertainment, and marvel at how two-(or three, or four) faced a person can be, even though I know that it's bad for the soul.

Edited by catsrpeopletoo
  • Love 1

Creepy Tumblr posts show Stana's grandmothers's obituary? That is disturbing.

I had to scroll through a lot of tumblr to find it, and it's in a "who is Kris" post, but yes. There's a pieced together timeline of (publicly available, if in a grey area ethnically) information on their relationship and his life. Basically it seems they were introduced by her brother (he was an intern at Kris's company) sometime in 2006, his first appearance with her at an event was a Stiletto premiere in 2007, and her grandmother died in 2009 and he was mentioned in the style as a spouse. ("Survived by Granddaughter(Spouse)" kind of thing.) His mentions only get more frequent from there on. It makes me respect Stana for wanting to keep her life private, despite people finding a way anyway.

Anyway, the timeline doesn't really fit for a torrid affait gone wrong with a coworker, and it's what mostly convinced me that it's just more of an issue working day in and day out with the same person and not having the freshness and newness if it all. It used to be exciting. Now it's just a job. A job that can still be fun, but a job. I also don't think set life is a big desk or that there's any bad blood - they seem to still have fun and despite less than stellar bloopers, I think that comes through pretty decently.

(Unless you want to get super salacious and say it was an affair while they were both with other people, but that doesn't feel with the idea that Nathan's the one that hates her. She doesn't seem to hate him, on-screen or off. And really, if an affair is what happened wouldn't she have had more to lose, given she was apparently in a long-term relationship?)

Ugh, now I feel dirty for that, like I need to apologize to everyone involved and pay pennance by reading the bible or something.

Now it's time for me to not be sure...I really hope you are speaking in a perfect world and aren't honestly demanding as a fan that you be told when the angst ends and they will be together again. Because that well, I just don't know what to do with that.

Oh, perfect world for sure. I'm not entitled enough to think that I'm special and get preferential treatment. I'll suffer through just like everyone else and hope to God the writers don't screw up too badly along the way.

But I must be getting old because there used to be a time where I'd push through until the end and hope for the best just because it was something I started. More recently I've just given up. I know it's a point of contention, but turned Grey's Anatomy of halfway through the episode where Derek died and never went back. I stopped watching Glee very quickly after they tried to split focus between Lima and NYC. Arc this point I don't see myself getting so annoyed at Castle that I just tune out ... but I also don't want to see the writers make me consider it, either.

KA's twitter feed is like getting constant notifications that she's dating Nathan. Make of that what you will. ;)

Oh I do heh. I normally don't have a clue who he's with or care but it's been quite entertaining over the last few weeks since she was allowed to confirm her status officially. My dash is full of updates on his girlfriend whether I like it or not, thanks to her I know Nathan's whereabouts at any one time and I'm not even following the guy. I do wonder how much more rope he's going to give KA before reeling her back. George Clooney never let her get as far as official girlfriend status of course but then he had more to lose. 

As for the bloopers, it's interesting to watch how they get analysed to see if there's anything to be discovered about the current state of the two leads relationship. Hot? Cold? Indifferent? I've been guilty of doing that myself in the past but I don't see how fans can make any concrete assessment in those kind of situations but it doesn't stop fans saying it proves they love/hate each other. The bloopers were disappointing last season and after seeing a (very) rough brief clip of the S7 ones I'm not sure they'll be a huge improvement.

Edited by verdana
Colin Vickery ‏@Colvick  15h15 hours ago

The great news for fans is that Nathan seems really energised and very happy to play Richard Castle for a long time to come.  #CastleSeason8

Yeah that's very reassuring but it was presumably just an impression he got and all rather meaningless at this early stage of the season. 

• Love 1
Cute.. (she deleted the first pic from her Instagram but the second is still up. The first reminds me of "Mr. Beckett" on Castle. I'm happy she seems so happy):

Not sure if that's her husband or her brother though?  I could be wrong because I haven't seen many pics of her husband but I thought he was a bigger, bulkier guy. But this could be taken some time ago.

Nothing can ever be deleted from the internet now.  Fans save everything. ;)

As for the bloopers, it's interesting to watch how they get analysed to see if there's anything to be discovered about the current state of the two leads relationship. Hot? Cold? Indifferent? I've been guilty of doing that myself in the past but I don't see how fans can make any concrete assessment in those kind of situations but it doesn't stop fans saying it proves they love/hate each other.

People analyse every crumb because it's all we get.  We have no other data to go on.  But you're right looking at seconds on a blooper reel or pics captured on location from seconds of their day will never enable us to make any concrete assessment.  Besides, many fans are set in their ideas about them already and anything they see will only be used to reinforce them.  

It's best for our sanity to leave our concrete assessment to the onscreen stuff.  Although that doesn't stop the curiosity.

So now Mulder and Scully have broken up as well?  Not surprised, because most writers probably believe that if a couple is happy they are more limited in where they can with them in the story.  But why do shows announce these things before anything's aired?  Even the Muppets did. ;)  I get that we live in the spoiler age but I'd still like some mystery in my entertainment.

Oh I didn't think about a brother, of course yeah. I assumed it was her husband and she was letting fans have a rare shot of them together. I know she's got about seven or eight siblings. It's a sweet family picture. 

Not surprised, because most writers probably believe that if a couple is happy they are more limited in where they can with them in the story.

I find that attitude disheartening and depressing, I've never understood why writers find it so limiting? It's not that I don't want to see a couple struggle through bad times now and again and have the odd serious row because that's part of real life but I'd much rather see them predominantly happy together because it makes me feel happy too watching them. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Maybe they feel there's no dramatic payoff if they're predominantly happy?  But I watch Castle as comfort food TV so I don't really have a problem with seeing them happy.  Especially if they can be fun and witty and sexy along the way.  

Just thinking some more about the Breaking Up For Your Own Good trope.  And an easy logical question is, how will Beckett know the Bad Guys will keep their promise to not mess with Castle & family if they break up?  They're bad guys.  Same problem I guess when Castle struck that deal to keep Beckett safe in S4. Never addressed and may not be here either.  Why would Bad Guys want to break up Caskett?  To make Beckett miserable?  And everyone's got to know that even if they separate publicly, that he's still going to mean the world to her and they can always get at her through him.  Maybe we're supposed to sweep all those logical conundrums away in favour of good angst. ;)  I don't want Castle to go down with this break up decision without a fight though, because after all they've been through?!!

I don't either. In fact that's why I was shocked as shit they are doing it. Because this is a big piece of the Caskett love story and will require of let's say the earlier season stuff on their parts.  The captain and PI stuff takes care of "issues". This was added on to tell a story.

You mean the UST from earlier seasons?  But whatever story they choose to tell, it must have been known to both actors that they would have to continue to do kissing scenes (tame ones at that ;)) and other couple-y scenes on the show with each other when they chose to sign on the dotted line for another year.  The Caskett love story is and always will be a key part of the show, and surely they understand that's never going to change no matter who is in charge.

Give me a TV show that doesn't do tropes or inverts them, and I'm in!  But tropes are tropes for a reason.  Succeed or fail, it can all be in the execution.

But at the end of the day, Castle (the show) can't survive on angst. At it's core it's this dramedy, heavier on the witty comedy, centered around a love story. If they carry on this noble-Beckett thing for too long people will get frustrated and tired. That's what scares me the most with what little information we have to go on, at this point. I'd feel much better knowing the end date on that angle. But at the same time, nothing TPW or AH have said in their media round have really pointed to them moving away from the core of Castle ... so I'm cautiously optimistic. (Hal was right?!) There's potential ... if they don't do it right and don't screw it up by dragging it out too long.

I'm less and less optimistic because the general tone of a full season of variations of angst doesn't leave room for what charmed me about the show to begin with -- the bantering duels of flirtatious innuendo between intelligent grownups. That was the one hallmark not shared by any other current drama I can think of offhand. A lot of other shows, procedural or otherwise, throw angst about like so much fertilizer (good grief, ABC itself has an entire Thursday night devoted to angst-n-twists!).

I can read that there will be "romance" and "fun", but that can also mean that the romance is sidelined onto Alexis and the fun onto Castle's PI antics.

I can't say I will "take my toys and go home", because I will undoubtedly continue to watch (and I can't hate-watch it like something nutzoid like Under the Dome) just so I can better appreciate the discussions on this board, but if anyone knows of a show, old or new, that features the verbal fending matches done be a couple of actors with the timing to polish it, let me know. Maybe I just have to accept that those elements that I appreciate went out with pantaloons, parasols and cursive writing.

• Love 1

Just thinking some more about the Breaking Up For Your Own Good trope.

I put that particular trope into Google and got this straight out lol. For Your Own Good

madmaverick. You may well have to do a good bit of hand waving (enough to generate a steady breeze) in order to accept certain parts of this story as it unfolds and as for Castle and his reaction, lets hope Fillion is alert and brings the goods, please no lost for words bumbling Castle. Let him put up a fight at least, he's been far too passive for my liking with Beckett since they got together.

I am cautiously optimistic for this season, because TPW and AH have had a great track record in their past work on the show, and I'm sure they want more than ever to prove themselves. If everything was the same in terms of spoilers but with MilMar still in charge, I'd be dreading the season and all the ways they would for sure screw it up. I'm willing to give the new guys a chance here.

• Love 2

Stana and Molly were photographed filming on location today. No other spoilers except that they were both there. I'm hoping we'll still see some Beckett and Alexis development despite the Caskett split. I recall Molly commenting on a Kate&Alexis fan video at the start of S8 filming and said she wanted to see more (or something to that effect). IIRC, she added #mightbeahint to the tweet. 

I've got a nice close up here of Molly, she's looking very grown up and business like (except for the red top which I dislike, too flouncy) and it got me intrigued. She was pictured with Toks in one of the other pictures and does that outfit really look like college garb?  Now that it's been confirmed that Castle is going to be spending more time with the PI business why not rope in Alexis as another assistant? That would be one way to give her something to do that keeps her in the fold but also gives them scope for other stories - like her dating life - which can annoy dad. 

Edited by verdana

Yes and I don't think anyone is out to change that. I'm just surprised they aren't that's all. But even low lives like actors surprise me now and then ;)

But surely if they are broken up, I'm guessing for quite a substantial number of episodes (what's the point in doing it otherwise) they will avoid the couple-ly relationship scenes? Mix that with the Captain/PI roles and BAM! they hardly have to work together at all!

I would not be surprised if this break up extends a long time into the season.....it's a shame really. If working together is such a chore I wish they would do the adult thing and just walk away instead of allowing their personal issues to ruin a show that millions of people enjoy! Like I said before its all money and ego.....and it sucks!

Not sure if that's her husband or her brother though?  I could be wrong because I haven't seen many pics of her husband but I thought he was a bigger, bulkier guy. But this could be taken some time ago.

It was taken in 2010 and, yes, that's her brother. Why she chose to delete it remains a mystery. 

But surely if they are broken up, I'm guessing for quite a substantial number of episodes (what's the point in doing it otherwise) they will avoid the couple-ly relationship scenes? Mix that with the Captain/PI roles and BAM! they hardly have to work together at all!

I would not be surprised if this break up extends a long time into the season.....it's a shame really. If working together is such a

chore I wish they would do the adult thing and just walk away instead of allowing their personal issues to ruin a show that millions of people enjoy! Like I said before its all money and ego.....and it sucks!

I actually think the " will they/ won't they?" tension will be back this season, which means lots of scenes together.

I've got a nice close up here of Molly, she's looking very grown up and business like (except for the red top which I dislike, too flouncy) and it got me intrigued. She was pictured with Toks in one of the other pictures and does that outfit really look like college garb?

Not my college garb!  But Alexis has leaned towards being dressed older than younger lately.  Not a fan of the red top either because I don't like lace or flounce, and I never know whether redheads should wear another shade of red.  Surprised to see her with Toks' character.  Does Alexis need a bodyguard of sorts?  Toks also looks like she has a wardrobe with flair.  Luke really does seem to put more effort into dressing the women on the show than the men.  Sunkrish was dressed quite boringly.

I actually think the " will they/ won't they?" tension will be back this season, which means lots of scenes together.

Hopefully lots of scenes, but even if not, their scenes will have stuff happening and emotional underpinnings, and not just be superficial like a lot of those wedding planning scenes were.  But I don't know how this WT/WT drama that will be going on will logically fit into the We've Broken Up So Don't Hurt Him narrative to the world.  Prepares for lots of handwaving.

No because the whole point of doing this trope is to watch them find their way back to one another. I think you are being overly pessimistic. I'm not saying you have to like the story but it's too early to make it something it's not. Yes the different roles at work solves the actors having to be together 24/7, and it would have been easy to just do that and then have them home at the end of each episode and give each other a kiss and cuddle on the couch. But that would be boring. This is a story, and in my mind sort of makes up for them not "working" together all the time. Although like I said, that will still be happening.

Don't look for oranges in a hardware store and you won't be disappointed.

I don't think I am being overly pessimistic about the SL and I do hope the execution of it works out because it is piquing my interest -- I will concede to being extremely cynical about the reasons behind it....

it's a shame really. If working together is such a chore I wish they would do the adult thing and just walk away instead of allowing their personal issues to ruin a show that millions of people enjoy! Like I said before its all money and ego

Whatever troubles may be happening on the Castle set, Stana, Nathan, et al are certainly dealing with them far, far better than Julianna Margulies and Archie Panjabi did on the set of The Good Wife. There's an entire thread dedicated to their apparent-yet-never-truly-acknowledged squabble on the Good Wife forum here at previously. (I'd post the link, but I am technologically inept, much to the dismay of my computer savant husband). Those 2 characters were rarely if ever in the same scene together during the last few seasons, much less having to act as a loving husband and wife. And I'm sure all the TV know-it-alls here are aware that the great last goodbye scene between the 2 of them had to be faked with CGI lest the 2 women breathe the same air. 

Whatever troubles may be happening on the Castle set, Stana, Nathan, et al are certainly dealing with them far, far better than Julianna Margulies and Archie Panjabi did on the set of The Good Wife. There's an entire thread dedicated to their apparent-yet-never-truly-acknowledged squabble on the Good Wife forum here at previously. (I'd post the link, but I am technologically inept, much to the dismay of my computer savant husband). Those 2 characters were rarely if ever in the same scene together during the last few seasons, much less having to act as a loving husband and wife. And I'm sure all the TV know-it-alls here are aware that the great last goodbye scene between the 2 of them had to be faked with CGI lest the 2 women breathe the same air.

I read all about that and to me that's just really sad and a little pathetic and it saddens me greatly that people put up with it in Hollywood -- as long as the money keeps rolling in!

That's what I was saying...I was just adding it that it's not necessary to go there just because you don't like the story (if you don't). Compartmentalize.

Believe me I do try! But in this fandom even trying to stay immune to the BS you still come across it ALL THE TIME! It's the stench that won't go away!

Those two didn't have any scenes together for three years.  The only had phone conversations that were filmed apart.  Crazy.

I read all about that and to me that's just really sad and a little pathetic and it saddens me greatly that people put up with it in Hollywood -- as long as the money keeps rolling in!

Believe me I do try! But in this fandom even trying to stay immune to the BS you still come across it ALL THE TIME! It's the stench that won't go away!

I think this stuff happens in every fandom.

Hehe. I follow one such twitterer who's all about villainous Fillion and how next season is a Beckettless shit. All mentions of NF, his projects or friends are coded as "spaceshit". Everything he does or says is closely monitored and subtweeted. Writers are also hacks and spineless fools who write only what the network and Fillion dictate. But when someone positive and unsuspecting starts a convo she's all about being positive to the show and actors, and how immature teenagers spread hate in the fandom. If you only read your own feed you wouldn't know about her other opinions, you have to click on the user and read her feed just like BellyLaughter said. I keep her for entertainment, and marvel at how two-(or three, or four) faced a person can be, even though I know that it's bad for the soul.

Not so much a response to this, specifically, than as a whole. But...

I hate Twitter.

• Love 3

Seems to me this sounds interesting. NF and SK may have fewer scenes together BUT maybe let's hope it allows for the opportunity for them to both have some time off and really bring it and be 100% in on set. I am kind of optimistic.

Hopefully lots of scenes, but even if not, their scenes will have stuff happening and emotional underpinnings, and not just be superficial like a lot of those wedding planning scenes were.  But I don't know how this WT/WT drama that will be going on will logically fit into the We've Broken Up So Don't Hurt Him narrative to the world.  Prepares for lots of handwaving.

I don't get how WT/WT will fit with being apart to keep Castle safe (or whatever) either.  But I will wait to judge.

Seems to me this sounds interesting. NF and SK may have fewer scenes together BUT maybe let's hope it allows for the opportunity for them to both have some time off and really bring it and be 100% in on set. I am kind of optimistic.

I do think that during the DC arc and the PI episodes, the Castle/Beckett interaction was less in quantity, but much better in quality.  Maybe because of better writing, maybe because the newness gave the actors more motivation, maybe because they'd been spending less time together.  So hopefully that will continue.

Edited by KaveDweller

I think she's mentioned she's the oldest and has four brothers and a sister. I know one of her brothers is much less broad than Kris so it probably wasn't that brother, but there might be one that looks vaguely like him (ie: tall, broad, and just a big, linebacker type guy. I know they've all got eastern European roots, so ... I guess if you want to stereotype).

But really, the some of the fans are going to freak either way.

I thought they upped the quality during those particular arcs (DC/PI) precisely because they knew fans would be upset, although I thought in the PI arc their scenes dipped in quality as they went on. They only give out more with this couple when they need to and they had to those instances. If they could do the same with this arc and the actors really brought it for the moments they are in close proximity that would be good because their romantic and emotional scenes have been lacking in substance for some time.

The reason I didn't enjoy S6 much was because the wedding planning moments between them were boring and repetitive, often tepid romantically and worse not that enlightening but the writers must have thought serving that up each week was a Caskett highlight. Instead it felt like they were padding things out constantly and the actors lacked energy at times. With this story it doesn't sound like we shall be getting regular moments between them which will be a problem for many but it wouldn't hurt quite so much if I got to see something decent instead of the usual superficial fare.

Whilst in an ideal world I would like quality and quantity, on Castle I'll take quality at this stage as long as the scenes aren't too infrequent.

Edited by verdana

Menage a trois?  Show is finally bringing the kinky.

Mrs. Castle is finally cleaning out Castle's wardrobe of ugly items?  Although if we're going to get rid of stuff, there are plenty of items that should be way ahead of that robe.  

Ryan is happy to finally own an authentic vintage piece of Richard Castle memorabilia, being the big fan that he not so secretly is.  That, or he's trying to save a few more pennies.  

Ryan lost a bet.  

Luke is finally getting creative with Castle's (ward)robe.... by giving it to Ryan.  Or he's trying to save a few pennies since he blew the budget on Beckett and Toks already.

At least he wasn't wearing Martha's robe heh.  Might be a better fit!

Sometimes I think the characters would be more interesting if Ryan and Esposito were a gay couple.  They should go undercover as one.  Shouldn't be too difficult.

Edited by madmaverick

I think that's the time when Kate and Lanie mocked the boys for being all metrosexual and being into skincare products when a skincare guru was murdered in S2.  I miss that kind of banter within the group.  Why can't they all get together at the Old Haunt over a beer sometimes and just make wise cracks at each other before lividity calls?

• Love 2
Luke Reichle ‏@RedCarpetLuke  16 hrs16 hours ago Los Angeles, CA

@janafisher47 It's a whole new world of Beckett style in season 8!

Would it be too much to ask we get a whole new world of (decent) Castle style next season too? 

From EW:

Any Castle scoop? — Crystal
Just to reassure fans, Hayley Shipton (Toks Olagundoye) will not come between Castle and Beckett. “For us, her character was never meant to be competition,” co-showrunner Alexi Hawley tells EW. “She’s a strong, powerful, beautiful, independent woman and she adds a flavor of that into the show, but is not — in any way shape or form — competition for Beckett.” However, “She has a very different perspective on how she attacks cases different from Beckett, which is going to create some fun tension,” adds fellow co-showrunner Terence Paul Winter.

Guess they saw the dramatic meltdowns on twitter etc. and so are fully hopped on the reassurance train.  Loud, crazy fans do get a response. ;)  Both reassuring as to Hayley not being Beckett's competition for Castle, or against herself as another alpha female on the show.  And they already doled out more reassurance earlier by saying Beckett as Captain would still have plenty to do.  But mark my words, some crazy Stanatics are going to be bitching about Hayley sooner or later, for one reason or another, because for some, everything is a competition and there can be only one winner.  Anyone perceived as taking screentime, attention, or even wardrobe, away from their beloved Beckett (even Castle ;)) will get bashed.

I do hope they write Hayley as her own person and not as Beckett!Lite.  Preferably in an original way, but I'll settle for non-annoying and more interesting than Tory!

"Fun" really is the new organic.  Ironic, if we're heading in for a season of angst.

Sometimes I feel the writers shouldn't bother with "reassuring" fans and rewarding premature judgments and overreactions, often rudely and loudly expressed.  Let people watch your story and judge for themselves.  Let there be no preconceptions and let there be a little mystery.  

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1