Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I bet she was shocked and I laughed at her comment about "still reeling" from what happened in the finale, I'd have been furious, she's always so polite. 

"she's (Beckett) very weird, she's very powerful, very dynamic." I love the interviewer because English isn't their first language so you always get some funny lines. 

Have to say that I don't see Kate as a "big dork" any more, she used to be but that's been replaced with increased glamour, sophistication and assuredness in all types of situations, there's very little awkward or dorky about Beckett now. That's Castle's job. 

I laughed when she said she has no idea where they'll go from here....maybe because she knows there's no great outcome? 

She still has the occasional dork moment, like when she was all excited about meeting the Nebula Nine actor, but they have become more rare as the series has gone on.  They had an opportunity to explore her awkwardness with regards to Castle's fame in Limelight, but they didn't really spend much time on it.

(edited)

Weren't those interviews from yesterday? (orr.... two days ago now, I guess, because in Greece it's Wednesday, right?)

Anyway, this photo was posted Monday 6/16 according to Facebook, but I can't tell if it's in my local time or not. Regardless, she's wearing the same top as in the Greek People interview and the TlLife Interview, so I'd guess that they're relatively recent.

Edited by McManda

Perhaps this qualifies as a casting spoilers/speculation but it's probably just someone's wishful thinking, especially since the production of season 7 is barely underway.  And I won't even try to explain the rabbit trail that led me to Bradley Whitford's Wikipedia's page but it states that he will be a guest on the show in early 2015:

28l5pwy.jpg

Ooh I hope that's true since he's one of my fav actors since the TWW. I wish he'll get a decent ep from TWP or Hanning and not be the bad guy cause probably be the most recognized guest cast of the ep.

Weren't those interviews from yesterday? (orr.... two days ago now, I guess, because in Greece it's Wednesday, right?)

Anyway, this photo was posted Monday 6/16 according to Facebook, but I can't tell if it's in my local time or not. Regardless, she's wearing the same top as in the Greek People interview and the TlLife Interview, so I'd guess that they're relatively recent.

Stana did interviews on Monday and Tuesday, plus some party for the Greek network (?) last night (Tuesday). Maybe this Marlowe thing wasn't that well known until it was announced.

(edited)

I guess this is more Nathan in the media but what the hell it's going in here. I'm so hoping he doesn't shave the scruff off. 

Hollywood star visits ASU to promote teen reading, science exploration at ASU,

Stana Katic dancing at Fox Life’s Summer 2014 Party 

Short video, I laughed at the way she's clutching the front of her dress like she's realised suddenly this is not the kind of outfit suitable for this kind of thing, brave girl going out the dance floor alone I need to be drunk to do it. But then if I looked like Stana I guess I wouldn't care so much. 

And another even better one here. She obviously had a great time. 

Edited by verdana

Ooh I hope that's true since he's one of my fav actors since the TWW. I wish he'll get a decent ep from TWP or Hanning and not be the bad guy cause probably be the most recognized guest cast of the ep.

I'm in total agreement with your entire post. I'd love to see him on Castle (or anything really) as long as they give him good material with which to work. He's too good to be wasted on something pedestrian. I hope it's true but I'm not holding my breath.

(edited)
Niki Molfeta

‏@niki_molfeta 15h

Stunning @Stana_Katic at the FOX Life Hot Summer party!! #FOXLife #HotSummer pic.twitter.com/8znf2vUD4H

It's the same dress she was wearing when she was dancing but I have to say seeing her posing there I don't think it's particularly that flattering.  I do like her hair though. the colour and length which would be perfect for Beckett. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
(edited)

Early 2015? I think that's a longshot. They probably don't even know what's going to go on around November sweeps yet. Was there a citation with the wikipedia info? It'd be interesting to see where that info cam from.

Because it's user edited, I tend to not trust anything on wikipedia, especially speculation, unless there's a citation to a reputable(ish) source.

Edited by McManda
(edited)

Yeah, that's a really awful-looking dress.  I'm actually not a fan of a lot of her dress choices though.  But I love the length her natural hair is now.

I wish she was still into Castle babies. Although not that is matters, if they go there they go there. Perhaps she was so high on that for last season because she thought they would do that before they actually made it down the aisle.

She seemed more guarded/serious in these new interviews than she sometimes does, so maybe that's why she wasn't into the baby talk.  I think she likes to talk pro-shipper for the fans (and I don't mean she's faking, just that she knows it will get a good response), and maybe she wasn't feeling in the mood for that?

Or maybe she's still stunned by the ridiculous finale.

Edited by KaveDweller
(edited)
Terri Edda Miller @TerriEdda  ·  3h

@AlwayssBlueEyes we start production mid-July, prep for episode 701 6/7. Moving fast!

Update from Terri on the S7 schedule. 

Edited by verdana

Couple of links I found interesting,  One where you grade S 6 not just the finale but the entire season,

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014/06/castle-season-6-report-card-grade-it/#.U6LzO1fryNM.twitter

The other was news of Actor Jack Coleman sighing on for a Mini Series at NBC so might put a hole in the theory that Bracken Arc is not indeed closed but who knows after that last episode

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/jack-coleman-set-for-heroes-reborn-miniseries-nbc/

(edited)

I can't help wondering if one of the reasons he doesn't end up signing a further contract will be because he knowns he has other projects lined up which interest him more. If so good for him, I'd like to see him passionate once again about his work. 

Nathan is rumored to be playing Richard Rider/Nova in Guardians of the Galaxy

mantzourakis
1 day ago
Just had great week with #stanakatic in Athens #foxtvgreece #Stana_katic thanks for all & above all for being a great person

http://instagram.com/p/pbuawzJVWn/

Yeah, I really don't like that dress but cute shot of Stana with the Greek interviewer. 

Edited by verdana

As big as the Marvel movies are right now, they're really hit or miss. The Hulk (and The Incredible Hulk) bombed, but that was a bit before the Marvel bubble took over. It really depends on the likability of the superhero they're showcasing. RDJ is a great Iron Man. The got lucky with Captain America. But those are all ... more mainstream? ... superheros. We'll see how the Ant-Man movie does, or how even Guardians of the Galaxy does, because both have no real big draw. I might see Guardians of the Galaxy, but so far ... well, not even the idea that Nathan Fillion might show up tempts me. Casting him as Nova - a superhero that even less people know of ... well, I wouldn't call that a guarenteed career boost.

Point is, Marvel is big right now. And there will alway be fan boys that want to see superhero movies. But there are too many parts to this equation to say it's a sure thing or even a good idea enough to call the end of Castle.

Now, a Nathan Drake movie where he's the lead? That would be much more cause for alarm, imo.

As big as the Marvel movies are right now, they're really hit or miss.

Disney bought Marvel after the hulk movie was released. Since Disney took over with more money to spend most of the movies have been hits. It's worth mentioning that Disney owns both ABC and Marvel. So in effect Fillion already works for the company that owns Marvel.

@StefiMontoro: @NathanFillion @alan_tudyk @EddieMcClintock at #PhiladelphiaComicCon http://t.co/kDbyqR03oS

I clicked on this one and then realised McClintock was of course Rogan and felt like throwing up, I can look at that guy now (sorry Eddie!) without feeling annoyed all over again about the Beckett secret marriage travesty.

Raging Heat is going to be released September 16th, looking forward to reading this, the books have progressively got better reads. 

NF does seem to favour the plaid but I'm still hoping Castle doesn't! ;)  He really does acquire another kind of look with the scruff; hope he can get to do some different roles with that more rugged kind of look sometime as it scruffy Castle seems unlikely.

Now, a Nathan Drake movie where he's the lead?

That really would be a dream come true, though that may be more of a pipe dream at this point.  Hope he least gets a shot at an audition if that movie ever gets made!  Personally, I don't think he'd be any less good than someone like Mark Wahlberg.  Would prefer to see him in an Indy kind of role/movie than a superhero one, but we seem to be in for an endless parade of superhero movies these days. ;)  I think Stana would be kick ass in a superhero kind of movie too.  I think Nathan would be really good in a character driven estranged father-daughter reconnecting kind of movie too (if they still make those ;)); he's always done well with the father/daughter scenes.  Just want to see NF and SK get a shot at better writing and better roles that are a step up from Castle 'cause their talent merits it.  At this point, I think it's 50/50 on whether Castle goes beyond S7.  Castle guarantees them a good, steady paycheck and work, but on the other hand, they may be feeling creatively burnt out on the show and ready to try for other roles even if there's no guarantee they will come.  It'll be harder for them to win certain kind of roles as they get older.  

• Love 1

I think the GotG thing is cool, but I don't think it guarantees he'd get that role in future movies if a) It is successful and Marvel decides to make a sequel, and b) They decide to expand that character. This is a tiny cameo in a film made by a friend of his. 

Teasing tweet from Marlowe which I guess confirms the number of episodes we will be getting in S7.

Actually, I would guess the ? next to 23 means they don't know if they'll get an extra episode order. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm actually shocked to learn they plan out the entire season in advance. Doesn't seem like it most of the time.

• Love 1

Yeah ... so all those articles about Nathan being Nova were just ... wrong.I can't say I'm surprised, given that there are soooo many people that want to see him in a Marvel movie. I mean, it's nice that he's in it, but it sounds very much like he thought it would be fun and James Gunn came out and said "hey ... so ... that could be possible". ANd that turned into "he's starring in a Marvel superhero movie!!!!" by the fanboys. Personally, I loved the Avengers and I really like the Captain America movies (the rest are good, but I don't clamour to see them like I did the Captain America movies). I think the humor and the casting made The Avengers great. I don't really feel the same sense of enthusiasm with the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie, and I think I'll probably just wait until Nathan's cameo hits YouTube.

I also agree that Nathan would be better suited to a Indiana Jones/Nathan Drake/action movie than a superhero movie. Pipe dream or not (though at this point it seems like a Nathan Drake movie seems like a pipe dream, so maybe he's got a shot!), if he's going to merge into movies, I'd like to see him try his hand at that.

Actually, I would guess the ? next to 23 means they don't know if they'll get an extra episode order. Maybe I'm wrong.

I thought it was that they didn't know who would take that episode yet. I mean, it would be odd to plan for a 23rd episode if they're not sure it's going to happen. Why 23 and not 24? It's just a likely that they'll get 24 as 23. I think 23 is likely ... it seems that's what ABC is comfortable with. I'd actually guess that ABC would be willing to give them 24, but that Marlowe declined because 24 is a lot of work. (I know that Marlowe probably doesn't really get much of a choice and he has to do what ABC tells him, but maybe he just said he doesn't think he can stretch to 24 or something so they get a bit of a break.)

IMHO the question mark beside the 23 means that its content depends on whether it will be the season's or the series' finale. I don't know when the negotiations usually started with the cast, but the downhill trend of the ratings in the second half of S6 plus the renegotiation of the contracts makes this a question of the future.

I think Stana would be kick ass in a superhero kind of movie too.

That's a good thought. Doesn't seem like the sort of thing she would choose to do, being more intellectual/ art movie and all in her hiatus choices, but she could carry it off.

Also it would be nice to have a superhero movie with rounded female characters.

And hey, lay off the plaid shirts. We Canadians live in plaid! It's on the citizenship agreement: Plaid shirts, poutine, Hudson's Bay blankets , the Queen, and a fondness for Corner Gas repeats.

Besides, he looks better in plaid than he does dressed by Luke. Although black veeneck tees are even better (sigh).

• Love 1

Some good quality pics of Nathan from the Philly convention. Anyone saw a full video of the panel? The best that I found so far is two parts with missing 10-15 minutes in the middle. Looks like no one asked him about the change in showrunners, not that he would've answered anything revealing in any case. There were no Castle questions or talk at all as far as I heard. Unless we count a disturbing appearance by Eddie McClintock as a reference.

There were no Castle questions or talk at all as far as I heard. Unless we count a disturbing appearance by Eddie McClintock as a reference.

Yeah that is truly disturbing, I can't look at that guy now without my skin itching. I never want to hear about that character ever again, I want to pretend it was a figment of my overwrought imagination. 

Fall TV Poll: Monday — Big Bang Theory Vs. Gotham and Other DVR Dilemmas at TV Line by Matt Mitovich.

Poll to see what folks will be watching come the fall.

Currently Castle is leading (46.5%) from the Blacklist (37.16%). It will be interesting to see if it stays that way if they keep holding the wedding back. 

• Love 1

The Cosmo role in the Guardians of the Galaxy makes the most sense since he has done a lot of voice work. Tho it makes that whole Cosmo Castle name more hilariously meta if that was a subtle clue. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=102466#GxI4UCxFWtp7sg1I.99

It was filmed when, early November? I doubt that for such a short role he would have been booked so long ago (and been announced it only now), but who knows?

Heh that twitpic. 

And Luke is back for another season of dressing disasters on Castle, he's wrapped his head in what looks like a sheet, how appropriate.

Luke Reichle @RedCarpetLuke  ·  3h
Looking forward to another season of Martha with the fabulous Susan Sullivan! pic.twitter.com/NdFzBqwPm0

• Love 1

I don't need a link to know.

When a show makes it passed the third season the cast will renegotiate for more money. In exchange for more money they extend the contract usually 1 -2 years.

I know that because I write contracts for a living. Also part of why they made a new deal with Amann. To keep him tied to the show for more years.

There isn't going to be any links about it because no one cares, least of all the press. It's not like Grey's Anatomy where Ellen and Patrick are making close to half a milli an episode.

This is pretty general. Though I don't make my living on actor contracts, I know that usually S6 or S7 is the end of the initial contract. Which can contain clauses about periodical renegotiation of certain aspects, but doesn't extend automatically. After the initial contract expires, the new one can be completely different, not only on the money. Castle is one of the most watched show, definitely one of the PR flagship of ABC when they want to emphasis that people are watching them, Nathan Fillion has one of the highest impact value. I seriously doubt that him tieing himself to the show for more years would have missed the press and in the industry news practically all of the contract extensions appears. (I don't care about the buzz press.) 

A good showrunner can be used in another show, there are 12-14 new one in each year on each of the Big4. So if they want to keep Amman for the channel it doesn't necessarily means the same show.

I'm sure that ABC intends to keep the show (it would have been a waste of time and effort to change the showrunner if they think this is going to be the last season), but what we have learned yet for sure, it doesn't tell a lot about where are the negotiations now.

Perhaps I was general on purpose ;)

[snip]

But what do I know. I just do the job. Can't provide a link to that.

So ... now I'm torn between thinking "eh, the internet ... there's always a source" and shamelessly hoping that you work on the set and have inside information and like to sit back and laugh at all the speculation that we throw around.

But seriously, if you do work with the show and know things ... let's talk? I'm so curious as to how it all works. Seriously, if I worked in Hollywood I wouldn't want to be an actor. I'd want to be behind the scenes. And I'm good at organizing, so being more like a personal assistant is more my style. (I'm kidding. Mostly. Except about wanting to be a personal assistant instead of an actress. That's true.)

• Love 2

Perhaps I was general on purpose ;)

They didn't make a deal with Amann for another show. They made it for Castle. Marlowe has the over deal which can put him on another show. 

And yes typically a series contract for the actor's expires in 6 years. 7 if a mid season debut which Castle was.

You can have your opinion of what Nathan would do all you want and hold out on believing me because I can't provide a link.

But I'm telling you the facts. The cast renegotiated after year 3 for more money and that extends the options they have on the actors. The original contract is amended which yes can contain new things but it is not a brand new contract. It's always an amendment.

But what do I know. I just do the job. Can't provide a link to that.

"what we have learned yet for sure, it doesn't tell a lot about where are the negotiations now."

That what I based on what  said. If you have insider, unpublished sources then you are in a better position.

I asked for a link because I like to refer to them when I talk about something not widely known and - with all due respect to your work and information - if I tell anybody that "somebody on a forum told he's 100% sure because he has info no other has", it's right next to the once upon a time in a far, far away land...

It's not that I hold out on believing personally you, it just in the age of internet and social media I never take a self claim on face value.

(edited)

In the end surely it doesn't matter whether they've negotiated already for further seasons if the ratings continue to decline.  And I have to say Nathan doesn't give me the impression of a man who wants to stick around for another two or three seasons on this show but then money and a steady job is a powerful incentive if you're an actor in Hollywood and he's not getting any younger.

There isn't going to be any links about it because no one cares, least of all the press. It's not like Grey's Anatomy where Ellen and Patrick are making close to half a milli an episode.

I'd have thought the media would have been interested at least in Nathan as he's slightly more high profile than Stana even if they're not the likes of Ellen and Patrick.  There's certainly a lot of interest and speculation out there amongst the fans (at least on line) about S7 about this. Most fans assume their contracts are up soon and wondering if they're planning on sticking around and how negotiations are going and they expect to hear some news. 

Edited by verdana

In the end surely it doesn't matter whether they've negotiated already for further seasons if the ratings continue to decline.  And I have to say Nathan doesn't give me the impression of a man who wants to stick around for another two or three seasons on this show but then money and a steady job is a powerful incentive if you're an actor in Hollywood and he's not getting any younger.

In fact in the past two years he told multiple times black and white that he wanted the show finish on a high note, not when nobody is watching and that he sees only 6-7 season in it. He told it after S5 in Monte Carlo on the TV film festival and repeated to an English magazin sometime last fall, I think when the actual season of the show was started to be on air there. These are only those ones which suddenly came into my mind.

However money can be very persuasive and a solid Castle with ratings at least close to 2.0 is a life saver for ABC. We will see how their new shows will fare, their success can turn the tables, but the past two years only cemented Castle's position.

True, money is a huge motivator. But sometimes, some just want out. So I can see things going either way where Nathan Fillion is concerned. ABC can only hope he will stay (if ABC wants the show, which is likely) to keep a dependable utility player going while everything else falls apart.

(edited)

True, money is a huge motivator. But sometimes, some just want out. So I can see things going either way where Nathan Fillion is concerned. ABC can only hope he will stay (if ABC wants the show, which is likely) to keep a dependable utility player going while everything else falls apart.

Oh yeah I agree money doesn't always mean everything there can be many other contributing factors. I'd like the guy to look like he's excited again about something and I don't get that he feels that way about Castle any more. My gut instinct says he wants out no matter what. However, if he decides to stick with it obviously he knows what options are available and may be Castle will be the best one. We're talking another two or three years at the max, I can't see the show going on any longer than that, it already feels like Marlowe has plain run out of ideas.

I've heard comments about the new shows coming up and it sounds like they're another set of duds for ABC so Castle will probably survive. But if ABC do get a hit show on their hands that's a different story then I think Castle will be quickly consigned to history, they hardly support the show as it is. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

That's a better interview, thanks, KaveDweller.  I swear, some of the questions entertainment reporters ask are so inane...

Though I have to say that it seems like that even Stana doesn't have a lot that is new to say about the show these days.  Perhaps the show itself just doesn't lend itself to a deeper kind of discussion.  Or perhaps it's the nature of these interviews.  What I would like to ask Stana is, as a proponent of getting the 2 characters together, whether she thinks the journey since then has been as satisfying as she envisaged?  How has the show changed (or not)?  Has something been lost with the ending of the WT/WT?  What are the challenges for creating satisfying storytelling as the 2 characters move towards marriage and a happily ever after?   Perhaps she would rather defer these to AM ;), but I'm afraid I'm not as interested in his answers on the subject as I glean them from what he's given us (or not) on screen. ;)

From TV Line:

Will the shift in showrunners on Castle have an effect on current storyline set up in the Season 6 finale? –Rachael
In a word, nope. Everything I am hearing from well-placed sources indicates that while David Amann will be taking over the day-to-day running of the show, the vision very much remains that of series creator Andrew W. Marlowe — so much so that I have no qualms answering the next question with a quote from AWM….

The Castle finale was en fuego! Any news on what’s coming up for Season 7? –DarkDefender
I can tell you what’s not coming up – any new regurgitation of the Bracken storyline. Which, to me, rules out the squirrelly senator as the igniter of Castle’s fiery fate. “The Bracken arc is pretty much over,” Marlowe told me after the finale. “We know who [killed Johanna], Beckett has gotten juctice…. If there is any future storytelling with Senator Brecken, it would be breaking new ground and not going back to revisit the old ghosts.” That said, “Bracken isn’t dead, he’s a formidable person and he may someday entertain notions for revenge,” Marlowe allowed, “but it would be [in the context of] storytelling that moves us forward.”

Takes away a bit of my optimism for change next season...   plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose?  

I want to roll my eyes when AM talks about "storytelling that moves us forward" as he is prone to do.  How did a season's worth of repetitive and superficial wedding planning scenes move the storytelling forward?  How did Beckett having a marriage she'd forgotten about add anything to her character?  That's what I'd like to know!

Hm.. does AM seem eager to assert his authority through the media despite his change in title?  Are these "well-placed sources" coming straight from AM & co.? ;)  I guess it's still a step up for Amann to be named showrunner, but I wouldn't necessarily care to be elevated only to still be executing someone else's vision. 

And hey, lay off the plaid shirts. We Canadians live in plaid!

And hmm maple syrup!  Hey, I have a few plaid shirts myself.  But I just can't believe that a millionaire metrosexual like Richard Castle only alternatives between dress shirts and plaid shirts (and yes, finally a few black v-necks ;)).   Maybe if there was something in his upbringing... but it's been established that Castle is a metrosexual guy who likes to look good, is vain even, especially about his hair, so it doesn't make sense for his character that his casual wardrobe would be limited to dull looking plaid shirts, or that he would settle for poorly cut suits and ill fitting outerwear (no thanks to Luke).  Somehow I doubt Beckett would ever be seen in plaid, unless it's designer plaid if such a thing exists.

Edited by madmaverick

It's much better if it looks at least like the interviewer has got some understanding about Castle. Some of them have been embarrassing to watch because it's obvious they don't have a clue about the characters and even what the basic story is to date. 

I think one of the worst was, "Do you like Greek men?"   I'd be tempted to answer, "I like Greek women." ;)

And that personal question about getting together with Nathan from earlier was just unprofessional.

• Love 1

From TV Line:

Takes away a bit of my optimism for change next season...   plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose?

Hm.. does AM seem eager to assert his authority through the media despite his change in title?  Are these "well-placed sources" coming straight from AM & co.? ;)

I guess it's still a step up for Amann, but I wouldn't necessarily care to be elevated only to still be executing someone else's vision. 

There goes what's left of my little bubble of optimism that I had developing after news broke about Marlowe stepping back. Feels odd though that Amann wanted the job given the circumstances, as for Marlowe's "vision" it is in need of urgent corrective treatment.  And I still don't see how AM can develop new projects plus keep a controlling eye on Castle and not lose focus. Something will have to give eventually, especially if one of those new projects takes off. 

Like Nathan I think Stana's starting to run out of steam in terms of trying to find something interesting to focus on that she can discuss. What the actors are given to work with by the writers is often about as deep as a puddle, difficult to talk about anything when there really is nothing going on with these characters of any deep significance - unless you're interested in wedding planning of course. .

Like Nathan I think Stana's starting to run out of steam in terms of trying to find something interesting to focus on that she can discuss. What the actors are given to work with by the writers is often about as deep as a puddle, difficult to talk about anything when there really is nothing going on with these characters of any deep significance - unless you're interested in wedding planning of course. .

I think she really has no idea what is going to happen in season 7, so what can she say? Last year she could talk about how Beckett might react to the proposal and why she might want a new job.  But there's not a lot to speculate on this year.  I mean, I guess you could speculate on who kidnapped Castle, but that's not really that interesting.  She also said she was really surprised by the ending this year, I wonder if that just meant the fiery car crash or if she was also surprised about the lack of wedding.

Regarding Marlowe.....I think he's probably involved now, but will become less involved throughout the season, as his new projects start to take up more time.

• Love 1