Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

(edited)

Or maybe he never happened to interview Nathan Fillion for TV Guide Magazine.  Or maybe because there's only 140 characters in a tweet.  Sometimes an omission isn't a conspiracy, silence isn't guilt.  

Got to laugh at how stuff at this level is seized and prized by some as if it's some validation of the universe.

OT: TWP or fellow members, does anyone know anything about decrypting .crypt files from ransomware?  If so, please PM me.  Desperately need some help! Ugh.

Edited by madmaverick

I brought William Keck's tweet over here because other tweets have been brought here and discussed at length, most recently Eric Heisserer's many, many tweets.  William Keck is a writer from TvGuide who has interviewed the cast over the years, in fact William Keck was the moderator for the Castle Paley 2012.  Thought it odd he would leave Nathan, as lead, out of his tweet and continues to do so with people continuing to ask why.

Sorry, just trying to be clear about what can or cannot be shared in here.  If any tweets/articles/etc.. come out and have bias toward N or S, we are asked not to bring them here for discussion?  If that's the case I'll abide and apologize for bringing this tweet over.

I think taking anything from social media as a source is a slippery slope, for all the reasons already enumerated here. And, as such, nerves are raw. Maybe Keck hates Nathan, maybe he forgot.

But the point is, we're not Keck, and we don't know. And the whole "oh, look, he didn't mention X, Y, Z" once more begets "well, it MUST BE because X, Y, Z tears wings off of butterflies!" and perspective goes in the toilet.

And at this point, it's tired. We can all believe what we want to; I'd just as soon we believe or not individually and not highlight these media posts as some issue that is best left a molehill until/unless there is anything to substantiate more discussion about it.

Interesting tweet from Andrew Bikichky, sound guy on Castle.  He has some great bts shots.  Interesting that this is Nathan and Stana's stand-in shooting a scene.  All the rest are the stand-ins for lighting only. 

7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

That's the stand in? Looks like NF. Huh.

That's Fillion. They don't mic the stand ins. The woman in the black may be crew. And Andys tweet even says working on the "actors", not stand ins. He almost always specifies which it is. 

If the camera is only on one actor in the scene, it's not unusual they shoot with a stand in.  Just as the actors are never talking to anyone on the phone.  For various reasons.  For efficiency, to give an actor more free time.    Not everything has to be a conspiracy of some kind.  At the end of the day, what does it matter but what we see onscreen? 

If people are determined to see shade, they'll see shade.  If people are determined to see conspiracies, they'll see conspiracies.  I personally don't care for either nor do I see a need for it. 

56 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

That's the stand in? Looks like NF. Huh.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I should have said that is Nathan with Stana's stand-in.  All the rest of Bikchy's pictures were just with stand-ins.

36 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

If the camera is only on one actor in the scene, it's not unusual they shoot with a stand in.  Just as the actors are never talking to anyone on the phone.  For various reasons.  For efficiency, to give an actor more free time.    Not everything has to be a conspiracy of some kind.  At the end of the day, what does it matter but what we see onscreen? 

If people are determined to see shade, they'll see shade.  If people are determined to see conspiracies, they'll see conspiracies.  I personally don't care for either nor do I see a need for it. 

Where's the conspiracy?  I was surprised that they let him post the pic with Nathan.  He seems to keep to just stand-ins or scene set-ups. 

I hope more than anything else that, regardless of what happened, Nathan and Stana can get to a place where they recognize that each made the other better and they had a great ride as Caskett.  It really was a wonderful show.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, MaryM47 said:

Tv line is reporting that Jon Huertas has signed on for season 9. 

I feel that at this point, all these news about actors re-signing is more for clicks than actual information. There's nothing else, so to keep the pot boiling, they post this.

Edited by CheshireCat
19 minutes ago, MaryM47 said:

Tv line is reporting that Jon Huertas has signed on for season 9. 

I'd swear this was reported by somebody a few days ago.

What of Lucy, is my question ;-).

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

TV Line reported that everyone (who hadn't at this point) was finalizing deals.

I guess I must have assumed that meant they were just waiting for the ink to dry.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, TWP said:

I'd swear this was reported by somebody a few days ago.

What of Lucy, is my question ;-).

Rob Kyker's favourite prop

Rob kyker ‏@RobKyker May 9

Lucy might be my Fav. She became a character on the show, and that doesn't happen very often.

Lucy becomes Castle's new love interest.

Edited by westwingfan
17 minutes ago, TWP said:

I guess I must have assumed that meant they were just waiting for the ink to dry.

Me too. I still don't get why they can't renew without all the contracts finalized, when last year they renewed without Stana's contract signed. There's a small part of me that's still hoping they'll just end it, even though I know that's extremely unlikely at this point. 

4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I still don't get why they can't renew without all the contracts finalized, when last year they renewed without Stana's contract signed.

Maybe the same plan to go forth without her would have happened so, unfortunately, whether she signed or not was of no real consequence. Just spec. But based on what we have now, it sounds logical to me.

Just now, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe the same plan to go forth without her would have happened so, unfortunately, whether she signed or not was of no real consequence. Just spec. But based on what we have now, it sounds logical to me.

It's logical about what they did last year. But do we think that they are willing to go on without Stana, but will cancel if Susan Sullivan's contract isn't signed?

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe they aren't going to renew the show.  Maybe they're going to do a new show (spinoff).  Thus, maybe they have cast members they especially need.

Edited by TWP
3 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

It's logical about what they did last year. But do we think that they are willing to go on without Stana, but will cancel if Susan Sullivan's contract isn't signed?

Well, to be fair, with Katic gone - putting aside those that watched for the 'ship - maybe the network is banking on what's left of the familiar and is trying to shore that up before committing. From a business standpoint, that makes sense.

Honestly, I can't even figure out why someone (presumably ABC Studios) is releasing this info at all. Last year, we heard about Fillion and then about renewal with all cast involved within a couple of hours of each other. Not sure what the motivation is to do a trickle release.

Re: waiting for contracts to sign in order to renew, I don't buy it anymore. With Jon/Seamus, sure, but I highly doubt that Toks and Molly are key enough players to warrant waiting for them to sign before renewing. Especially given that ABC will absolutely be signing on new people for S9 to get it going. But nothing's made sense so far to me, so what do I know, really? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, chraume said:

Honestly, I can't even figure out why someone (presumably ABC Studios) is releasing this info at all.

The aforementioned clickbait. Money for Deadline and TV Line.

1 minute ago, chraume said:

Honestly, I can't even figure out why someone (presumably ABC Studios) is releasing this info at all. Last year, we heard about Fillion and then about renewal with all cast involved within a couple of hours of each other. Not sure what the motivation is to do a trickle release.

I don't think they are releasing anything officially. I think Deadline/TVLine whoever is hearing from contacts and posting it to get site traffic. There haven't been any official statements about any of these.

2 hours ago, Annec said:

Interesting tweet from Andrew Bikichky, sound guy on Castle.  He has some great bts shots.  Interesting that this is Nathan and Stana's stand-in shooting a scene.  All the rest are the stand-ins for lighting only. 

1 hour ago, Annec said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I should have said that is Nathan with Stana's stand-in.  All the rest of Bikchy's pictures were just with stand-ins.

Where's the conspiracy?  I was surprised that they let him post the pic with Nathan.  He seems to keep to just stand-ins or scene set-ups. 

Not that it matters, but isn't Stana's stand-in brunette?  That woman has blonde hair.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

The aforementioned clickbait. Money for Deadline and TV Line.

Oh, fair enough. I wonder what's in it for the studio itself, though. Usually the clickbait drums up promo for the show, but this just seems to be releasing info for the info's sake. Very weird to me. 

I don't think they are releasing anything officially. I think Deadline/TVLine whoever is hearing from contacts and posting it to get site traffic. There haven't been any official statements about any of these.

I don't know, I suspect that there has to be one leak for all of these, especially with all the entertainment sites getting the info at the same time. After Fillion, I'd assumed it was either his reps or the studios, but this many strikes me as ABC Studios trying to get it out there. Just my gut feeling, though -- this whole thing feels very strange.

Edited by chraume
(edited)
4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm even wondering if the actors are just now renewing or if the reporting is done as they learn of it and it might have happened at a different point. It all seems so very convenient, that while we're waiting, they just happen to have something to report.

Edited by CheshireCat
3 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

Exactly. Nobody is right or wrong. It's just a difference of opinion based on a set of facts laid before them. I don't think anybody sees a need for anything so much as seeing a fact in a different light than someone else.

I do think everyone is entitled to their opinions of course, and while I think that's appropriate for things that are relative, I also believe that an important distinction needs to be made. You have the right to have an opinion but you don't have the right to be right about that opinion. I think that's something we do wrong all the time, simply because people have different opinions doesn't mean there isn't a right and wrong, it just means that a difference of opinion exists and one of you is wrong. In our want for all opinions to have weight and our egotistical need to be right, we somehow then believe that neither is right or wrong when that is logically impossible. See that's the thing, there is a truth about any and all situations, and so when it comes to Castle, someone is right. Will we ever know who is right? Maybe not but someone is correct when it comes to what happened on set because there is a general truth about what happened.

Not that it matters I think, I don't care what happened on set nor do I ever want to know. The reason this is so interesting to some is because it is gossip, and  gossip works because we don't know. We don't know what happened on set and we want to know, and that's why gossip works the way it does. 

I just had a terrible thought. What if Beckett doesn't die, but she's "Aunt Viv'd" (Fresh Prince) and wakes up next season in a hospital bed played by a different actress? The "budgetary" excuse would still work if it's an unknown actress that's cheaper than Stana. 

This sounds ridiculous but I don't put anything past the network at this point. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, FlickerToAFlame said:

I just had a terrible thought. What if Beckett doesn't die, but she's "Aunt Viv'd" (Fresh Prince) and wakes up next season in a hospital bed played by a different actress? The "budgetary" excuse would still work if it's an unknown actress that's cheaper than Stana. 

I'm almost too afraid to admit this but at this point, I'd prefer that over an unhappy ending because then, at least, the love story would still be alive and continue...

• Love 1
17 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I'm even wondering if the actors are just now renewing or if the reporting is done as they learn of it and it might have happened at a different point. It all seems so very convenient, that while we're waiting, they just happen to have something to report.

Ii agree - I'll throw in my two cents - predict 13 episode order - they can order a back 9 if it does ok.  If it flops, they can cancel after 13.  I think that's the middle ground it's safe for them to take.

(edited)
4 hours ago, FlickerToAFlame said:

Hate to say this but that would almost make it a bit easier for me. I'm still hoping for the hail mary as @madmaverick said a while back. 

Barring a true happy ending, I think a stunt like that would be the final damage to the show that would make it easier for me to let go and be done. Since all the damage of S8(and the bts poison) hasn't done the trick, maybe something crazy like that would do it. ;) Not saying it's logical (or what I would prefer) but I somehow still care even though rationally I know the show I loved is long gone. 

At the rate they are going with castle's ridiculously blind and childish belief in sci fi and fantasy, maybe that's the next step. Pod people replacing the whole cast slowly but surely. Only this time Castle and his crazy ideas will be right! 

Edited by GoGiants

Anyone want to take bets on who Locksat is?  I know no one cares, but you'll get bragging rights for being right. ;)  I thought the guess by a fellow poster that it's Mr. Smith was interesting.  It would be funny if Locksat was a thing like the Linchpin or whatever that was about, I forget.  Locksat is Lucy/Linus (Lsss, get it? ;)) and that's why they know everything. :P

Anyone want to take a trip down Caskett nostalgia lane with me to celebrate the positive since we've had so much negativity of late?  What's your favourite Caskett moment?  They did have me hooked from the pilot.

42 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

Anyone want to take bets on who Locksat is?  I know no one cares, but you'll get bragging rights for being right. ;)  I thought the guess by a fellow poster that it's Mr. Smith was interesting.  It would be funny if Locksat was a thing like the Linchpin or whatever that was about, I forget.  Locksat is Lucy/Linus (Lsss, get it? ;)) and that's why they know everything. :P

Anyone want to take a trip down Caskett nostalgia lane with me to celebrate the positive since we've had so much negativity of late?  What's your favourite Caskett moment?  They did have me hooked from the pilot.

The scene in FFYG where Castle figures out Beckett's back story and she changes the mood of the scene by just swallowing, and he realises he's struck a nerve and stops being an arrogant know it all, at least for a few moments. LOL 

• Love 1
(edited)
59 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

Anyone want to take bets on who Locksat is? 

Loksat is Castle's father.  And that's why Castle and Beckett can't be together anymore.

Or Beckett's mother.  And Beckett, as it turns out, knew.  And that's why they can't be together anymore.

Edited by TWP
6 minutes ago, TWP said:

Loksat is Castle's father.  And that's why Castle and Beckett can't be together anymore.

Or Beckett's mother.  And Beckett, as it turns out, knew.  And that's why they can't be together anymore.

I think any of the suggestions here will prove more creative than what Hawley has actually come up, he's hardly had a creative thought all season, as his resurrection of Beckett's mythology as the basis for Loksat, and then linking Castle's disappearance to it, indicate. Not to mention numerous episodes that are just a rehash of ones from previous seasons and ideas.

10 minutes ago, TWP said:

Locksat is Castle's wife that he didn't know he had that he married during his disappearance and that's why Castle and Beckett can't be together anymore.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

Locksat is Castle's wife that he didn't know he had that he married during his disappearance and that's why Castle and Beckett can't be together anymore.

OMG, Somehow through Loksat Castle and Beckett are first cousins, so can't be married.

::slaps forehead:: Why didn't I think of that?

Edited by TWP
23 minutes ago, TWP said:

or it was Steven J Cannell and he used to pass his instructions to Captain Montgomery at Castle's poker games, and that's why they can't be together any more.

• Love 1

It could also be Beckett. It wouldn't be Castle's first ex muse/(ex) lover to end up a baddie (Jennifer Beals). They'd probably do the whole "I was still really in love with you thing," but Beckett would have to die. And it could be somewhat justified. 

Or maybe LokSat is Royal the dog. That bitch. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Duh. EVERYONE knows LokSat is Martha. For...reasons.

Locksat is Martha's real life drama experiment.

Ooh, Locksat is Martha's ex-husband.  Or it's Pi.  Between Vikram and Pi, I may actually prefer Pi. :0

5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And Martha is also Beckett's mom (with plastic surgery).  Thus Castle and Beckett are brother and sister and can't be married.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, HospiceDoc said:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

OK, this one might have been a little off the deep end.  But at least Beckett wouldn't have to die!

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And see, I thought it was Alexis all this time!!

44 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

Locksat is Martha's real life drama experiment.

Ooh, Locksat is Martha's ex-husband.  Or it's Pi.  Between Vikram and Pi, I may actually prefer Pi. :0

It has to be Pi.  All that fruit does bad things to your brain. Only a villain would eat fruit steaks!

• Love 1