Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

According to twitter the title of 8.10 will be Witness for the Prosecution.

That certainly fits in with all the latest pics the cast are tweeting, I really hope we get a juicy court room scene or two, preferably between Beckett and this new prosecutor, anything to get them all out of that drab, dark precinct.

I remember when people used to hope for Castle and Beckett scenes. That stuff just feels such a secondary thing these days. =\

All of the stuff on social media lately is about Beckett and characters not Castle. I'm already sick of this Lawyer guy, and I haven't even seen him yet!

• Love 1

Wasn't that a classic from the 50s (one that I've been meaning to watch but haven't yet)?  Though I gather Beckett will be the witness for the prosecution here.

But expectations are low for any courtroom scenes.  In my view, the show's never done well with scenes in deadly serious official settings like court rooms or interview scenes with Beckett where she's set up with an antagonist.  Their penchant for melodrama and having the heroine make speeches from her soapbox aren't my cup of tea.  If the lawyer character gets antagonistic with Beckett, you know there's only going to be one winner in the end. ;)  I like courtroom dramas when done well, but I fear that isn't Castle's strength as a show.  Still, I think it's TPW writing it so it could surprise me.

• Love 1
I do have to say that so far they aren't always touching on the right note emotionally with Beckett so far.  She's angsting, but does she think she's in the wrong?  Probably not on the evidence so far, but we'll see.

I don't even see that much angst there tbh, there was some initially at the start when she's talking to Vikram but I'm not convinced this is a woman constantly agitating over her marriage or her actions to any huge degree. She already knows Castle will take her back based on his current behaviour so that negates any concerns on that front. Beckett seems relatively okay with the current situation of keeping her husband at arms length, content to potter along for however long it takes.  The writers have also missed the opportunity to have her sneak off in this next episode to do some super sleuthing offscreen even confirming she's doing "real" work which to me seems a strange choice.

I'd like to see more agitation and urgency in her pursuit of this case which by looking into she's jeopardized her marriage and future happiness.

What concerns me is that Castle will find out not from Beckett and they have an argument which is unsatisfactorily resolved or he keeps his knowledge in turn a secret from her so we get even more lies building up between them.  The writers are not filling me with any confidence given what I've seen to date they can unravel this in a way that will be remotely satisfying and convince me the separation added something substantial to the characters and their emotional journey.

I remember reading Halwideman's comment and wondered if it was a belated honeymoon for her.

I thought so too, she went to Italy and Paris.....so romantic sigh.  She tweeted a picture of her looking out the window in her husband's shirt and I thought it was lovely. 

Now if only we could have got Caskett doing that. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
They could dial back on the 'winning her back' theme, or balance it out more with Castle seeking answers and Beckett questioning whether her decision was right in the first place.

There's not much balance here, feels like she's calling the shots, this may not be the writers intention but that's how it comes over to me. He's doing the chasing but she decides what happens and when all he's doing is hanging around her waiting for something to break.  Instead of making him push her a bit he's floundering around looking sad and helpless which is what I feared would happen. He keeps showing up and that's to his credit but in these circumstances the way they're writing them it does neither character any favours, it feels unhealthy and far too one sided. 

I need less of the clueless, sweet, understanding goober husband and more of the decisive, questioning Castle of old and I also want to see a hint of growing frustration and annoyance with his situation to make this set up remotely believable. How many people would be acting this way weeks after their spouse and upped and left them for no reason?  It's unfathomable to me that the writers are trying to persuade viewers this is remotely realistic and normal let alone the actions of a couple in love and destined to be together forever. God help them if that's how they view a healthy loving relationship. 

Kate was once deprived agency by Castle and I see fans bringing that up to support what Beckett is doing to protect him from Locksat but two wrongs don't make a right. This is all on her the decision she took and they're married, things should be different. She's not respecting him even if she loves him, they still haven't had one decent conversation about what's happened and I find that crazy behaviour if you've ever been in a serious relationship. I can't get into this loving Caskett vibe they're pushing when both characters are desperately trying to avoid dealing with the one thing they need to address and it's not about having another shirt sniffing session. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

I have been a long time lurker, and just recently started to post.  The speculation I have is that the most fans agree the story line is a joke, Hawley and Winters are doing the last 3 seasons of character development a huge dis-service serving up this crap.  It's almost as it was the first time Beckett played Captain, Castle was in a time warp only now it is the fans in it and we can't get out.  I am not as concerned as the discussions and even disagreement, I am seeing the viewers quietly give the Show Runners the old salute and just leave, viewership down 26% from one source, and the only saving grace this show has is the Terrible choices ABC has made for it's potential replacement. 

IF there is a Season 9 Hawley will probably be gone to his new show IF it get's picked up, and Winter will be left as either the lame duck or fired as the root cause of all the problems.  I also don't see Rob Hanning sticking it out much longer, he is either ill, or just has had enough since he has been very quiet.  Reality is that regardless of what actors say, they work for the same reason we do, we have to.  So package all the for the art can of corn you want, Stana will sign if the money and terms are right, as will Nathan, because a steady paycheck is what most of us need to survive.  Dollars are all relevant, the more you make the more you spend, and regardless of the salary, I don't think either are in the league where I can retire and never work again.  Although things may change if the right roles were offered, Firefly rebirth, or Captain of the Enterprise comes to mind, but all Speculation based on the same bull tweet we here from the Officials at ABC.

I'm no means Hal. And I'll step out of lurking to say this. But it does get a bit tiresome sometimes to have information taken to other places on the Internet without credit. That's when it starts to breach the IP laws...

Yeah it's not cool to do that, if you take specific information/gossip from other boards or blogs which you find interesting and want to comment upon you need to quote your source or provide a direct link every time. 

Edited by verdana

I remember when people used to hope for Castle and Beckett scenes. That stuff just feels such a secondary thing these days. =\

All of the stuff on social media lately is about Beckett and characters not Castle. I'm already sick of this Lawyer guy, and I haven't even seen him yet!

I hear you and sympathise but I've given up wishing for something I very much doubt I'm going to get.  Those days are gone probably for good so I have to look towards other things in the hope of being entertained.  I'd rather see Beckett interact with this guy than Hayley/Alexis or Hayley/Beckett both of those relationships seem forced to me at least this situation feels more realistic that she would be in regular contact with someone like that and they might be at odds. 

Their penchant for melodrama and having the heroine make speeches from her soapbox aren't my cup of tea.  If the lawyer character gets antagonistic with Beckett, you know there's only going to be one winner in the end. ;)

Like you I'd rather they hold fire on those bombastic speeches...meh, I would like them to turn things on their head and have him unsettle her and may be even win a few arguments and get the better of Beckett. It doesn't hurt to show our heroine to be less than extraordinary it makes her more relatable and attractive.  

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
Watch what you love. ‏@Sandraxf  2 hrs2 hours ago

Every vote is important, please spare a few minutes every day to vote 4 #Castle, Stana & Nathan. Thank you! #PCA2016

That's all I see on twitter at the moment endless calls to vote every day. What's the point in winning an award when it's based on how diligent and organised your fanbase is at constant mindless repeat voting?  Sigh.

• Love 1

Sneak peek from Cool Boys: http://abc.go.com/shows/castle/video/pl5520921/VDKA0_sipz9qw2

Sigh.  If that's not an old man jacket, I don't know what is.  I wish Luke would stop recycling it, ugh.  Even more old man style when paired with the plaid.  Castle's actually dressed like Robert De Niro (at his current age) in a movie I just watched, where he plays a retiree, and no, that's not good.    Castle looks the furtherest thing from cool dressed like that even if he drives a Ferrari.  And I think Esposito's look is bordering on ridiculous too.  Enough of those three quarter length hoodie jackets for a 40 something man.  Just dress them all in designer suits (not tailored by Luke, one can dream) and be done with it.  I take back the praise to Luke for dressing Castle better in the last episode.  I mean, does he have to work at dressing the men at all?  Because it sure likes he just keeps recycling the same styles and clothes from a few seasons ago.

Beckett loses her gun, Esposito and Ryan lose their car and suspect, Castle loses his wife... ;)

Verdana, I hear you on Caskett and actually don't disagree.  If this were true to life, a spouse pulling off a sudden, one sided separation like this would bring on incredibly hurtful and damaging repercussions.  If Castle were another kind of show, I would have expectations for them to grapple with the messy fallout realistically.  But Castle, going by its track record, isn't that kind of show (and that's not a compliment).  If we look at the obstacles that have often been manufactured since Caskett have been together, many of them have been poorly set up and resolved, and milestone moments in the relationship generally wasted.  Despite all that, perhaps built on all that we've invested in the couple over time and the chemistry of the actors, they still felt like a solid, supportive married couple.  You believed in their love.  And perhaps the writers are counting on us to believe in it still despite the very questionable behaviour, which gets more problematic the closer you examine it.  They want the yearning and the angst but they didn't want us to doubt the outcome of them getting back together, even if in real life it would by means be a certain thing and would require a LOT of work to heal the damage to the marriage.  The douchebag arc, Vaughn, the weird job over Castle followed by sudden marriage proposal, kidnapping on wedding day.  None of that resulted in real character or relationship growth in my opinion but were just devices to work in some drama into the relationship as the writers wanted.  This separation is another in the same vein, though I can see how some would argue that it's different because they are now married.  They may be married, but the writers' tricks haven't changed, unfortunately.  I guess maybe I'm resigned to handwaving away this kind of bad stuff that writers inject for dramatic purposes even when damaging to the characters, and try to focus on my residue well of goodwill for the characters, even if the writers aren't really earning much of it with their writing.  

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

These pics are terrible if u ask me. She will be undercover, nothing to do with her hubby. Or maybe an anniversary gift from him but thats it. There are more pics out there. One more depressing than the next. Honestly. Terrible, terrible writing.

"fun" moments and then a quick "oh my God I just remembered my wife is dead" *sad face* from Castle and everyone for a few seconds then back to the comedy capers we go.

Being at an age when I attend about as many funerals as weddings, I have to say that I've had a lot of good laughs at wakes, and even during eulogies.

When I think about it, just the fact that Beckett is now Captain would be a natural separation for them as a crimefighting duo. There was no need for a marital separation.

And I agree that the somewhat boring rythym of the CotW ( Dead body, cute home scene, introduce killer at minute 12, find more clues, interrogate one or more incorrect suspects, discover real killer, cute close. ) has been shaken up by the new showrunners.

I not bothered about watching the sneak peek this week and I was put off even more after reading madmaverick's sartorial description of Castle and the boys, it made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Edited by verdana

Now these 'Last Seduction' stills have me excited.  What the episode will be like, can't judge from still pictures of course but wow what these picture have done for my mood.  Heh. 

Fingers crossed we don't get buffoon/childish husband.

Edited by Thak

Now these 'Last Seduction' stills have me excited. What the episode will be like, can't judge from still pictures of course but wow what these picture have done for my mood. Heh.

Yeah, with Vikram there to help celebrate / interupt, should be great. U know the precinct is such a romantic place. Sigh...

Guess it depends on whether you look at it all with a mind to the glass being half full or half empty.  Half full: Caskett are finally investigating a high society crime.  Half empty: but Caskett are not going undercover together; Beckett is with Hayley.  Half full: But Beckett's in a robe.  At a spa.  Who cares about anything else? ;)  Castle is making another romantic overture to mark their wedding anniversary.  Half empty: But damn it's more depressing than romantic considering they are separated at wife's request.  And so it goes.  

I'm still a sucker for Caskett romance so I'll be invested in how it goes.  Wish they could have Castle be a suave, seducer for once.  But the writers seem determined that goofy Castle is the one Beckett's in love with, the guy who has a mishap with confetti and a banner. ;)  A surprise banner at the precinct isn't exactly my idea of a romantic gesture, especially when you compare it with what comes out of fanfic writers' imaginations, but the writers' have long fallen short in this department.  Would it kill them to shoot a scene outside of the precinct or the loft for once?  And not the swings again.  I want to see Caskett in an intimate setting together, even if it's at the precinct, but after everyone's gone home.  I hope Castle didn't get Beckett jewellery again because that really would be lazy from the writers unless they establish Beckett is as into jewellery as she is into designer wear and boots. ;)  Needless to say, I really need to see some overtures from Beckett at this point if she still even cares about the marriage she walked out on.

It's going to be sweet, it's going to be heartfelt; I don't doubt that.  But is it going to be enough to keep the relationship on track at this point after everything?  We'll see in due course. And of course the writers won't let it end on a happy note, but it'll be Vikram interruptus.  Sigh.  I hope Hanning surprises me some in good ways.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 2

These pics are terrible if u ask me. She will be undercover, nothing to do with her hubby. Or maybe an anniversary gift from him but thats it. There are more pics out there. One more depressing than the next. Honestly. Terrible, terrible writing.

I'm guessing it's undercover too otherwise why is Hayley and Kate suddenly besties?  It's a snub for Tamala if this is some girly retreat. 

And if Kate is going to get advice from Hayley about her situation with Castle I hope to God it's better than what Lanie gives her! 

• Love 2

This one with the "Happy Anniversary" banner, sorry but what's happy about this situation for Castle or Beckett but especially Castle? His wife has walked out on him is he interested in asking her why? I suspect the answer is no. Sigh I just...can't get into this if they're not talking about their relationship in any serious way, they're acting like pod people not the characters I've known and loved, the constant reassurance that they still love each other are meaningless at this point until they start acting like human beings I can relate to. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

I hate courtroom stuff. I hate Adam Baldwin. I may just come here and read what you guys have to say about it as opposed to watching the show. Because it all just sounds five hundred kinds of wrong. 

I'm not sure if you think they're from the same episode but the courtroom is from Witness for the Prosecution (8x10) At least in between we've got Beckett in a bath robe in The Last Seduction. Unfortunately she is sharing the scene with Hayley, presumably undercover, or Lanie would be p****d, and not with Castle in the 5* hotel suite he surely had booked for their anniversary. LOL His and hers bathrobes, reminiscent of TLADILA, but without DMB in the picture to stop Beckett getting what she wants. Think of all the Caskett scenes we might have had if they hadn't thought up this brilliant storyline to have us rooting for them as the spark is reignited.

Loving Beckett at the spa, those pictures for me don't even have a Castle feel to them which is refreshing.  I just wish we had more of these kind of scenes outside the precinct and written with romantic substance instead of wasted.

I see the peek from 'Cool Boys' and then these pictures and just cringe.

Beckett is backsliding? Is willing to give up her marriage to investigate a case? FINE! I'd almost respect them more if she shut out Castle and just investigated the hell out of this case. Sort of like an alcoholic who's relapsed. You wouldn't show them casually sipping a drink. You show them with a nearly empty bottle in their hand and destroying their life in the process.

But what's happened is that Beckett is...not all that obsessed, really. She left to "protect" Castle, because TWU WUV! But...

I agree, unfortunately the show is weighed heavily on the "comedy" side.  Drama/romance really doesn't fit in Castle's world, only in disjointed spurts it seems.

Edited by Thak

Oh, I got  it. I only wish all of the horrible was packed into one episode. Sadly, it's not, so I'll just be sitting this out for a bit until the showrunners decide to listen to other voices besides their own. 

You might get to watch the finale then as it seems the showrunners are convinced they are tellling a side splitting story that has us rooting for Caskett and are likely to continue unabashed. In the writings of Sun Tzu I believe there is an axiom that one of the hardest things for a successful military commander to adhere to, to be successful, is "maintenance of the aim"  in the face of enemy activity. Someone forgot to tell the showrunners that the audience shouldn't be treated as the enemy.  LOL

This is an interesting article a friend of mine found. This could suggest that Castle's ratings could go a lot lower before there is a risk of cancellation.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-no-canceled-tv-shows-20151105-story.html

You might get to watch the finale then as it seems the showrunners are convinced they are tellling a side splitting story that has us rooting for Caskett and are likely to continue unabashed. In the writings of Sun Tzu I believe there is an axiom that one of the hardest things for a successful military commander to adhere to, to be successful, is "maintenance of the aim"  in the face of enemy activity. Someone forgot to tell the showrunners that the audience shouldn't be treated as the enemy.  LOL

This is an interesting article a friend of mine found. This could suggest that Castle's ratings could go a lot lower before there is a risk of cancellation.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-no-canceled-tv-shows-20151105-story.html

Right, but that mainly focuses upon freshman shows, not a show that is 8 seasons in and may be getting more expensive to produce. (I'll concede The Mindy Project is an exception, as was Community, but the main focus did talk about newer shows there.)

Although the 10 o'clock hour now seems to be lower everywhere. But even so, how long before ABC wants to put something new - or just cheaper - there, in house or not? (As Castle is an ABC Studios show.) I think this fall hiatus will tell the tale or, more specifically, how ratings fare upon its ending in February.

• Love 1

I hate courtroom stuff. I hate Adam Baldwin. I may just come here and read what you guys have to say about it as opposed to watching the show. Because it all just sounds five hundred kinds of wrong. 

I'm a sucker for courtroom stuff (that's for 8.10 though) as for Baldwin I remain in blissful ignorance, he has good chemistry with Fillion I can't deny that but I don't like the Slaughter character so may end up getting fed up half way through the episode. 

madmaverick. You've hit the nail on the head saying "But Castle, going by its track record, isn't that kind of show" and you're right I'm looking at it in a way that I shouldn't and creating expectations that simply aren't going to be fulfilled. The sooner I get my head around that fact the better. 

And perhaps the writers are counting on us to believe in it still despite the very questionable behaviour, which gets more problematic the closer you examine it.

Yeah they probably are and the less fans analyse it the better because it doesn't hold up to any scrutiny whatsoever. 

I guess maybe I'm resigned to handwaving away this kind of bad stuff that writers inject for dramatic purposes even when damaging to the characters, and try to focus on my residue well of goodwill for the characters, even if the writers aren't really earning much of it with their writing.

Lets hope the writers can keep that residue of goodwill intact and not fritter it away. I don't want Castle to end on a sad unsatisfying note. I have to keep reminding myself we're only 5 episodes into the season for some reason it feels much longer. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Right, but that mainly focuses upon freshman shows, not a show that is 8 seasons in and may be getting more expensive to produce. (I'll concede The Mindy Project is an exception, as was Community, but the main focus did talk about newer shows there.)

Although the 10 o'clock hour now seems to be lower everywhere. But even so, how long before ABC wants to put something new - or just cheaper - there, in house or not? (As Castle is an ABC Studios show.) I think this fall hiatus will tell the tale or, more specifically, how ratings fare upon its ending in February.

I agree, I think the emphasis of the article was more about how a network might be more patient with a new show, I'm assuming the biggest stumbling block for Castle to get past S8, assuming both leads want to re-sign, will be it's rising costs and therefore diminishing profitability for ABC, it's all about the bottom line, and if people's patience is exhausted by the state the show is left in after the fall finale the ratings when they resume in February may not interest the ad guys in offering much, and for the past two seasons they have dipped in the new year, so at this stage with the ratings hovering just above 1.0 in the important demo and what we know about the plans for Caskett it is hard not to imagine that we will be seeing fractional ratings after Christmas which can't be good.

I think an interesting, and maybe relevant, trend is that three shows which have alienated large portions of their fan base - Bones, Castle and Sleepy Hollow - dropped their showrunners at the end of last season, and Person of Interest got only limited renewal. They may be reluctant to let shows go, but they might be a little less patient with screwing with the viewers for lulz.

Edited by Julia

Scanning down the comments on that recent TV line interview with Hawley had to laugh at this one, so true and very appropriate.

Jake says:
November 5, 2015 at 9:01 AM
” In Wake of a ‘Powerful Moment,’ Rick Is ‘Definitely Relieved’ ”
Sounds like the tag line from a laxative commercial….

• Love 4

I feel like it's a "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

My problem is, if they were going to go for this awful, terrible, no-good story line, then they should have GONE FOR IT. Not namby pamby around it. DO IT.

Exactly! Have it in the gossip columns. Have Castle going to a book launch alone and dealing with being hit on. Have Beckett miserable and obsessed but missing him. You can't have a secret separation and everybody professing love for everybody else and the two of them still working together - not if his LIFE depends on all the baddies knowing they're separated! And that's only if she's caught investigating, so as a precaution, you'd think the louder the better. If you bothered to think.

And that's after I struggle to ignore the sheer implausibility of the reason for the separation in the first place.

I mean, wouldn't it have made more sense to have Beckett TELL Castle that she needed to pursue the case and therefore needed the world to think she'd left him? Wouldn't it have kept them apart and ratcheted up the UST if they only saw each other in fake divorce lawyers' offices and had to fight the urge to bang in a coat closet? Couldn't Castle have been pissed off about her risking her life but been simultaneously intrigued by the mystery, leading to conflicts all over the place, complicated fights and occasional secret make-up sex?

Why don't they have good writers on this effing show?!

That's my rant done for now...

• Love 3

I think an interesting, and maybe relevant, trend is that three shows which have alienated large portions of their fan base - Bones, Castle and Sleepy Hollow - dropped their showrunners at the end of last season, and Person of Interest got only limited renewal. They may be reluctant to let shows go, but they might be a little less patient with screwing with the viewers for lulz.

All of these shows follow the same path to decline in viewers by changing what works for that show. For example, Person of Interest lost viewers in Season 4 when the writers decided to split Harold's team up to avoid danger from the Samaritan threat. The team members took new jobs and stopped working cases together for a short period and the team members were not interacting on screen together any longer. The whole process of getting a weekly number and keeping the POI safe was changed and it hurt the show. Season 5 has been delayed and the story line will be much different because there will no longer be a weekly POI number, but rather Harold's machine and the Samaritan machine will be competing somehow against each other.  Castle works when Rick and Kate work together solving cases, but after only six months of marriage the audience gets some kind of contrived separation masked with overdone comedic tones. After the Slaughter episode with Beckett in limited scenes, the LIVE viewership numbers could easily drop to a level that results in a 2 million decline since the season 7 finale (8.44 million versus the current series low 6.67 million) after just six episodes. The long hiatus will really test viewer patience especially if the fall finale leaves the separation unresolved. If the LIVE viewership numbers continue to drop near 6 million viewers, new episodes will have less fans watching than some of the more recent S6 & S7 repeat episodes which the network must realize will hurt syndication.

Edited by VinceW

Jake says:

November 5, 2015 at 9:01 AM

” In Wake of a ‘Powerful Moment,’ Rick Is ‘Definitely Relieved’ ”

Sounds like the tag line from a laxative commercial….

If you're experiencing moderate to severe lack of "fun," then ask your doctor if Castle TV "moments" are right for you.

....may cause excessive heartburn, high blood pressure, worn out teeth from grinding, whiplash from jerked around story line, minor shock, grumpiness, carbohydrate indulgence, a compulsion to watch anything but ABC, and a warped sense of reality as showrunners tell you that what you're seeing is something else. Also may cause diarrhea (you know.... because it's a laxative).

Edited by TWP
  • Love 2

Regarding the article about not canceling shows. According to TVGrimReaper, it's just PR and I believe him. They are canceling shows. That's what the reduced episode orders are about. They just aren't saying so. Ratings are getting so low, they're trying to create an illusion of continuity so advertisers don't leave. It's a new PR strategy, not a new show strategy.

Edited by TWP

I thought Beckett had left because she doesn't want Castle to find out that she's working the case and not because she needs the world to think that she has left him.

That's what I think but whether or not the writers have executed that as well as they needed to is up for debate!

A surprise banner at the precinct for their anniversary!?!?!? ahahahh omg..........

No. Just No.

That is so sad and depressing. It really is. What has happened to this show? :(

Edited by Chado
  • Love 1
Needless to say, I really need to see some overtures from Beckett at this point if she still even cares about the marriage she walked out on.

It's like you've said about other things. The writers won't show it until the storyline demands it.

So we are stuck with sad and pathetic doormat Castle until then. ;)

• Love 1

I thought Beckett had left because she doesn't want Castle to find out that she's working the case and not because she needs the world to think that she has left him.

Right, she thinks if he knows she's investigating he'll want to help and then will get himself killed. She thinks if she's living at home he'll notice what she's doing, even though he can't figure out she left because of Locksat.  And apparently he's not in danger if he's not involved, even though he was tortured in the season premiere.

These writers and their logic.......

• Love 1

Yes, she doesn't want him to realize she's working on the case, but its because she doesn't want the bad guys to think he's working on the case with her. He's NOT, but the bad guys won't know that, if she's with him every day and they appear to be investigating cases together. They will still assume Castle is investigating LokSat if she is, and thus he's almost in worse shape not knowing, because he's completely in the dark at this point. 

That the most laughable bit about her "logic" for the split, that she's protecting him because keeping him the dark as she has done from the very beginning when she took that phone call led to him being tortured, shot and kidnapped and that was just for starters but even this didn't clue her in that may be keeping Castle from knowing things about the latest big bad might cause him to be in more danger not less. He's in much more vulnerable position not knowing that seems blatantly obvious argh...thinking logically about any of the reasoning behind this separation folly gives me a headache.

As for the idea she's got to remove her investigation away from the loft and his keen and prying eyes, the way Castle is being portrayed these days so painfully lacking in insight she could have a "Things To Do" list taped up on the fridge with "FIND LOCKSAT" written at the top and he'd be none the wiser.

The writers are making Locksat look the dumbest most hapless bad guys ever and the quietest too, they've conveniently let her and Vikram end up working together and yet that's not raised the alarm at big bad headquarters, obviously they've gone on holiday or something. 

Oh and as someone pointed out on TV Line but I've thought about this before, her sudden concerns about Rick's safety don't ring true given the number of times they've both been in severe danger together and she hasn't batted an eyelid and even if she has been worried it hasn't stopped her letting him continue to work cases with her. This has been the cornerstone of their relationship over the years and so her sudden desperate desire to protect him from any harm whatsoever doesn't make sense. This story is twisting the characters into acting in ways that don't add up, ignoring their very essence and the writers are clearly desperate for their audience to accept this new reality but that's not something I can do. 

I wish they had taken the time and effort to have this whole storyline make sense then at least I could respect them as writers even if I still hated it. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 5

I think you guys are all missing the most important part of these pics.

It looks like THE WIG is gone!!!!

;-)

I did have a moment of silence for The Wig but then my annoyance kicked in when I realised that the scenes that use doubles will be so much more obvious now....

• Love 1

Moving on to 8x10. The episode is called "Witness for the Prosecution". Remember the Agatha Christie play by the same name, about a wife who has to testify against her husband in a murder case? And yes, it's allowed in the script because the wife was actually...married....to...someone...else...first...and thus not technically married to her husband.

Yep, I'm guessing that prosecutor is going to be pretty antagonistic.

Did Castle really get those divorce papers filed in 6x23?

And when will they move Castle to the Lifetime Network? Seems like the perfect spot for it.

Edited by TWP