Type keyword(s) to search

Moira Rose: A Rose Blooming In Schitt

• Start Topic

I have read (mostly on other boards that are shutting down on 2/20) that many people don't find Moira completely hilarious. I find that saddening.  I think she's amazing.  She's supposed to annoy you!  It's part of her charm.

Her scatting over Islands in the Stream is one of my favorite Moira moments.  Also, the entire run she had in Opening Night. 

• Love 2
On 2/15/2017 at 2:38 PM, HotRats2112 said:

I have read (mostly on other boards that are shutting down on 2/20) that many people don't find Moira completely hilarious. I find that saddening.  I think she's amazing.  She's supposed to annoy you!  It's part of her charm.

Her scatting over Islands in the Stream is one of my favorite Moira moments.  Also, the entire run she had in Opening Night. 

That scatting was actually pretty good.

Every time I think they are going down the road to make the Rose family caricatures, they fool me.  I actually like them, but when I started watching them I thought I would just be laughing AT them.

• Love 4
On 2/17/2017 at 9:34 AM, MaryMitch said:

I actually like them, but when I started watching them I thought I would just be laughing AT them.

And that is part of the magic of this show.  Like Arrested Development, you think you'll hate the pompous jerks and you end up loving them and all their little quirks..  

• Love 7

New viewer. Absolutely adore the show, midway through S2 now.

But I have to ask ... they're intentionally doing that horrific makeup as part of the character, right? The only thing that bugs me about Moira is I get distracted by how garish it is, particularly the lipstick. 

I wasn't onboard with her pronounciation schtick until "ahnchilada". 

• Love 5

Moira's make-up is darn near identical to an elderly woman i know who's a former professional gospel singer. 

My favorite Moira pronunciation is her ultra-crisp "cos-me-tics."

• Love 3
(edited)

Some of Moira's accomplishments and adventures:

• can be found on ensemble tracks 7, 9, and 13 of the original cast recording of Starlight Express
  • had Hillary shaking at the Clinton Foundation dinner.
  • played a nurse in a production of Harvey
  • has stayed at the Kennedy compound
  • once got Winnie Mandela to RSVP to an Artists Against Eczema benefit within the hour
  • was always impressed by those masquerade key parties at the Sarkozys'
  • can't type but was a secretary
  • has pictures of herself with OJ Simpson, Robert Blake, and Phil Spector
  • stole her own baby in an episode of Sunrise Bay
  • planned a mother-daughter wine tasting trip to Bourdeaux when Alexis was seven years old
  • favorite season: awards
  • was listening to "Islands in the Stream" when she got pregnant with David
  • once hosted the non-televised portion of the People's Choice Awards
  • played Lady Macbeth on a Crystal Skies cruise ship during Shakespeare at Sea Week
  • was supposed to perform a ventriloquist act for the Everybody Knows Benefit for Juvenile Rhinoplasty and ultimately had to be both puppet and puppeteer when Eva Longoria dropped out at the last minute due to "exhaustion"
  • performed in "Shoes Glorious Shoes: The Imelda Marcos Story"
  • performed in "Two Heads Are Better" (a one woman Siamese twin play)
  • was in the ensemble of "One Crazy Summer: The Patty Hearst Story" but played the title role the night Patricia Lupone ate that pre-show shawarma
  • did a workshop-only production of Officer and a Gentleman with Jimmy Smits
  • used her move on John Cougar Mellencamp
  • finds pink carnations offensive
  • co-chaired the Teenage Rosacea Ball at the St. Regis with Alexis
  • was projected to be nominated for twelve Daytime People's Choice Awards (the most projected nominee to have never actually been nominated)
  • went to Miami for Puff Daddy’s poolside white party
  • attended an uncomfortable tree trimming at Arnold and Maria’s
  • wore her fur coat to a PETA Christmas fundraiser because she heard that Peter Bogdanovich loved a mink
  • had a playhouse in Pasadena named after her (until a volunteer usher died and the playhouse was renamed after the usher)
  • her name graced a theater, a country club ladies’ locker room, and a fire route (technically it was referred to as Evacuation Route 14, but those in the know affectionately called it Moira Rose Boulevard)
  • crowned Miss Snow Cone at 16 and moved to the city with her driving instructor
  • hand-modeled at a microwave trade show
  • had her first job at the age of 10 sweeping up hair in a beauty salon
  • apprenticed costume design under Stan LaCoulier
  • has been short-listed for more than seven major made for television motion pictures
  • used to attend Eyes White Shut parties at the Castros’ with Johnny
Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7
  • did a voice gig for a Japanese video game that was rated M for mature (not X-rated!)
  • tried to back over Johnny with the car

• had a Galapagonian tortoiseshell footbath

As Vivian Blake on Sunrise Bay:

• had a spelunking incident
  • got thrown upwards through a skylight
  • was in a body cast for a week
  • slapped a lot of people
  • stole her own baby
  • played her own father who then became pregnant despite the vasectomy
  • still holds the record for the longest-running demonic possession on daytime television
  • Love 4
  • coached David for the Little Mister pageant. When David made the mistake of going to Mario Lopez for advice, she felt so betrayed, she "forgot" to double-knot David's tap shoes and cost him the crown
  • wore a mirrored jumpsuit to Candy Spelling's 50th birthday party
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2020 at 10:23 AM, madpsych78 said:

Where is the "enchilada" pronunciation? The one that stands out to me is bay-bay!

Season 2 episode 2, Family Dinner. Instead of ehn-chilada she pronounces it like ahn-chilada!