Type keyword(s) to search

Backstrom in the Media

(edited)

I posted on Fox's official Backstrom facebook page to ask them why there's no episode scheduled for March 12th.  They deleted my post *really* quickly.  I wonder why?  I hope this isn't a harbinger of doom.

ETA - Just found out that American Idol has a 2-hour episode on March 12th that is preempting Backstrom.  Still, I wonder why they deleted the facebook question.  Not a very positive use of social media, Fox.

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 1

I love this show, and yet I know it's not doing well in the ratings, so I fear for its future. Even when I know I"m being manipulated (like Valentine's back story about what happened to him, in "Bogeyman," I find the actors so engaging that I don't care. 

• Love 1

On a positive note, last night's episode tied the rerun of the 'The Blacklist'  in both ratings and total viewers.  So it's got that going for it.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/04/17/tv-ratings-thursday-scandal-the-big-bang-theory-mom-elementary-american-crime-up-the-vampire-diaries-flat-bones-down/390710/

If Fox decides not to renew it, I hope that Backstrom gets picked up by Netflix where I think it would do pretty well.

• Love 1

That clip was a great explanation by Rainn Wilson of how the source material from Sweden influenced the characters created in the US series.  That final scene in the clip is really well done where despite the fact that Backstrom doesn't believe in Heaven or the afterlife, he's looking for a sign from his mom to tell him that he did the right thing and it's set to background music with lyrics of "Stay. Walk with your demons. Truth is a broken heart still beats".

ETA:  Didn't notice the first time I watched it, but in that last scene Backstrom is holding the bowl his mother made -- that he tossed in the fire a few episodes ago, but Valentine fished out to save.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

Unfortunately, the sad news is here -- per TVBytheNumbers, Backstrom has been canceled.  

I guess Fox's strategy of showing episodes of serialized dramas out of order is now 2 for 2 (Backstrom and Almost Human).  Funny how they never pulled the same kind of shenanigans on Gotham.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/08/the-following-cancelled-by-fox-after-three-seasons/401416/

Suffice it to say, I really grew to like this show more and more every week -- and I'm going to miss all of these characters in it.  

Backstrom, Gravely, Niedermeyer, Almond, Paquet, Moto and Valentine -- it was fun getting to know all of you, albeit however briefly.

There's always hope for a Netflix revival.  :)

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess Fox's strategy of showing episodes of serialized dramas out of order is now 2 for 2 (Backstrom and Almost Human).

And the evergreen Firefly. (Yeah, I still remember. It's still a crappy decision. It's a dick move with people you sort of need to work with again in order to fill space in your  programming grid.)

If it doesn't find a new home ( like Starz or Netflix or Amazon or USA), then I hope to see the entire cast all across my TV soon! I enjoyed everyone!

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 1

I guess Fox's strategy of showing episodes of serialized dramas out of order is now 2 for 2 (Backstrom and Almost Human). 

I would classify Backstrom, or Almost Human for that matter, as procedurals not serials. I really doubt airing the episodes in order would have helped. The ratings were horrible.