Type keyword(s) to search

Annual Year-End Best and Worst of GH: What Rocked? What Stunk?

yowsah1
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Worst storyline: Sonny and Margeaux Dawson. They had that disgusting flirting and actually excused Sonny killing her dad because the mom was having an affair. Gross. 

Ugh, I forgot all about that. (Thank you, fading memory!) Only in Port Charles is an affair a logical justification for murder. And Margaux went along with it! That's the part that super annoyed me.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Jon Lindstrom (more for Ryan than for Kevin)

Kevin has been kind of a snooze, except when he's with Ryan. (I did like the initial courtship of Kevin and Laura.) I guess that means JL is his own best acting partner, hee.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I'd also love to see Coby Ryan McLaughlin in a different role somewhere. 

Be careful what you wish for! A bunch of us loved Chloe Lanier as young Pat, and then she got saddled with Nelle, a finalist for the title of world's worst schemer. Nelle only now is fun to watch, IMO, and I don't expect that to last.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Be careful what you wish for! A bunch of us loved Chloe Lanier as young Pat, and then she got saddled with Nelle, a finalist for the title of world's worst schemer. Nelle only now is fun to watch, IMO, and I don't expect that to last.

Not necessarily "another role on General Hospital." Shiloh was too prominent for too long, so if they brought him back, it would either have to be a "Shiloh's good twin" cheese-box or something like they've done for Easton, where they try to lampshade it with people bringing up the resemblance to the last character.

But I could imagine McLaughlin doing well in an action/adventure-type series or as a romantic lead or a lot of things. He has a lot of charisma, and was often the most interesting person to watch in his scenes. (Oddly, Lanier was one of his best scene partners.) The role was so vile, with the drugging and raping and all, that it could have made the actor irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Here's a more minor Worst, but it still sticks in my craw - Sonny being part of the Gail memorial episode.  He got her granddaughter hooked on drugs and put her on the pole, he doesn't get to enjoy a cute scavanger hunt and get covered in glitter.

They honestly could have skipped them since we got a reprieve from Jason and Sam that episode but if they were insistent on including Sonny and Carly, they could have found another reason for them to be at GH because I don't buy that Gail would have invited them no matter how much money Sonny donates to the hospital. Although that episode also included Julian even though he never met Gail just so Alexis would have someone to share scenes with. 

• Love 2

Worst: The long delay of baby reveals.  Wiley, Violet, Sasha.  Wiley is still unresolved, as is Nina's real daughter (still waiting for Willow to produce the other half of that necklace).  Wrap it up, already.

Worst: treatment of actors who aren't StevieB or Mo.  The canning of BM, who sometimes didn't phone it in.  The refusal to give MS a raise and hiring dull and boring CW.  I'm no MS fan, but she brought the crazy to the role, something that CW seems incapable of.  I'm not a fan of Tamara B., but what they did to her character was cringeworthy.  And keeping KeMo, the sleepwalker. 

Best: Oscar's death episode, minus the carrying him around the Q mansion.  Especially the part at Charlie's.  Though I may be alone on this one. 

Best pairing Willow/Chase, even if they're a bit boring.  Worst pairing, Anna/Finn are painful to watch.  Anti-chemistry.

Most Pointless Plot: Donna, Donna, Donna and her birth defect.  I'm still of the thinking the only reason that Tock baby exists is because King Maurice wanted to give a speech about the deceased makeup artist so they invited this stupid storyline so he could name is kid after her.  HARD PASS.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'm no MS fan, but she brought the crazy to the role, something that CW seems incapable of. 

Cynthia Watros can bring the crazy; I think with the recast, the writers decided to tone down that side of Nina. Though I agree Michelle Stafford gave Nina an unhinged edge in general, which Watros doesn't do. I'm kind of glad for that, honestly, as it was exhausting watching Stafford's Nina flap around for no reason.

8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Most Pointless Plot: Donna, Donna, Donna and her birth defect. 

I'm relieved we don't have to watch Sonny and Carly deal with a special-needs child (it would be all about Sonny, and there's enough of that in the Mike story [and the show in general[). I have the feeling the show lost its nerve with the story, maybe? The whole thing was so anticlimactic. Not that that's unusual for GH.

I still think Dev is the worst story. He's there just to be Joss's next boyfriend. Zzz. 

• Love 4

Best: Kevin as Ryan-- JL obviously had a blast-- and he played so well off MW. 

runner up: parts of the Shiloh story. The reveal of Willow's involvement-- Wiley's paternity-- her revealing to Chase her past-- her help in getting Krissy out of Dawn of Day. It wasn't all good -- but there were beats of that story that were extremely well played-- and obviously well thought out. It's clear someone was showing up and doing their jobs.  It's a shame that Shiloh had to be the evilest evil that ever eviled-- because it meant he couldnt stay around-- and the actor brought really good energy to his scenes-- even playing opposite wet dishrag Sam.

Worst: Chachi-- they are going to keep trying to make him the second coming of Stone/Jason/Sonny's chosen one blech.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ciarra said:

Best pairing Willow/Chase, even if they're a bit boring.  Worst pairing, Anna/Finn are painful to watch.  Anti-chemistry.

A bit?  They are very boring.  I need a reason to care about them.

And yes, Anna/Finn are just painful to watch.  I just cringe at their scenes.

• Love 1
On 1/1/2020 at 9:47 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Worst actress: Kelly Monaco

I don't know why this cracks me up so much, but it does. I'm so glad we can mostly come to agreement that she half-assed her material and was at best sleepwalking through the whole thing.

• Love 2