Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E12: All Or Nothing

• Start Topic

Finally got to watch this last night. Yeah candy girls! I'm happy they won. I do not like Bethany so I was happy "Miss Perfect" didn't win. Didn't like her movie either. Sorry but NO One is that frigging happy all. the.time.......And one more thing-----Buy a BRA..your a grown woman not a kid, harness those puppies. I'm surprised she didn't give herself a black eye as much as her boobs were bouncing up and down!

Edited to add--Best part of the night---Robbie "But Phil I really wanted to jump thru the window" Phil-"To Bad" Robbie-(Hanging head) "oh"

I swear that kid would have happily given up the million if he had just gotten to jump out that window....He's a cutie...

• Love 2

Last night I dreamed I was watching the finale, and when the second place team arrived after Maya and Amy, a woman on this team complained that M and A hadn't completed one of the last leg's tasks properly.  (Note:  The person wasn't Misti or Bethany.  She sort of resembled someone I know who's actually really nice.)  The producers said they'd check the tapes, so Phil and the racers enjoyed a casual dinner while the results were verified.  I was so nervous that the win would be overturned, though I figured that they wouldn't proceed with any postrace celebrations while the win was in doubt, and eventually it was confirmed.  When I woke up and thought about this, I wondered if anyone had ever contested a result and asked for a review, but I guess any problems that happen during the leg are caught by the TAR staffers, leading to penalties at the mat.

Edited by One Imaginary Girl
  • Love 2

When the Hockey Brothers won, although I liked them I sort of felt like maybe they didn't need the money so much.

While Bates had a long & comfortable NHL career and played enough games to qualify for the league pension plan, Anthony was a career minor leaguer in the kinds of places where you're making about $18K plus get team-provided housing for the season. You're doing well in North American minor league hockey when you're in the AHL (AAA league) when you can make $50-$70K a year and don't have to get a summer job, even if you don't have a two way contract with an NHL team that gets you a few days here and there at the NHL day/short term pay rate.

If there wasn't family friction about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Bates ended up giving most of his share of TAR prize money to his brother because the income gap between the two is pretty huge. 
  • Love 1

Jim was very clear in the bonus clips that he was disappointed to lose to Amy and Maya because he thinks they were beatable and that this was the first complete leg that they won. He gives them credit for winning when they need to but he is disappointed. He was not whiny or pouty but pretty clear in his disappointment and his logic. He was also a good sport and congratulated them. He pretty clearly understands the rules of the game and why they lost.

Jim was very clear in the bonus clips that he was disappointed to lose to Amy and Maya because he thinks they were beatable and that this was the first complete leg that they won. He gives them credit for winning when they need to but he is disappointed. He was not whiny or pouty but pretty clear in his disappointment and his logic. He was also a good sport and congratulated them. He pretty clearly understands the rules of the game and why they lost.

You misunderstand the part where I care.  He lost, and that's all that matters to me. :)

• Love 2

I know it was tactless for him to say so, but I don't think we can really blame him too much for thinking that Amy and Maya would be less competition, since they had in fact been running well behind the other teams all season. Many of us here on the forum also suggested a good strategy would be to try to eliminate either the Dentists or the Surfers with the UTurn, to put the less competitive Scientists into the finale and give the Wrestlers better odds.

While Bates had a long & comfortable NHL career and played enough games to qualify for the league pension plan, Anthony was a career minor leaguer in the kinds of places where you're making about $18K plus get team-provided housing for the season. You're doing well in North American minor league hockey when you're in the AHL (AAA league) when you can make $50-$70K a year and don't have to get a summer job, even if you don't have a two way contract with an NHL team that gets you a few days here and there at the NHL day/short term pay rate.

If there wasn't family friction about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Bates ended up giving most of his share of TAR prize money to his brother because the income gap between the two is pretty huge. 

Thanks for the clarification -- I had obviously remembered wrong that both were in the NHL. 

I agree that Bates might not have kept his share, although if he didn't I'd bet he'd give the money to his parents -- he seemed like the kind of guy who'd use all his sports money on a car, a nice couch, and a 96" TV with the rest of it still sitting in a savings account.

I know it was tactless for him to say so, but I don't think we can really blame him too much for thinking that Amy and Maya would be less competition, since they had in fact been running well behind the other teams all season. Many of us here on the forum also suggested a good strategy would be to try to eliminate either the Dentists or the Surfers with the UTurn, to put the less competitive Scientists into the finale and give the Wrestlers better odds.

You don't seem to understand what I was saying.  I don't care if he was right or wrong in saying that.  Fact is, the team he called what he called them beat his ass, and he was stuck settling for second.  That was and still is all I care about.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 4

You don't seem to understand what I was saying.  I don't care if he was right or wrong in saying that.  Fact is, the team he called what he called them beat his ass, and he was stuck settling for second.  That was and still is all I care about.

DonnyKetchum, I came to respect the Dentists by the end, and realized I might have judged Jim by appearances (the bugging eyes, the barely suppressed intensity (sometimes not suppressed at all), but I still didn't love him and Misti. I wanted to see them in third. I did think the 'low hanging fruit' comment might have been at least partly a comforting, encouraging thing to say to the wrestlers (though I didn't realize he liked them that much) and maybe a real expression of contempt.

The last is one reason why I felt a comforting tingle of schadenfreude when he and Misty were beaten by the 'low hanging fruit'.

• Love 5

A very late post, but eh.  I was pleasantly surprised that Amy and Maya won.  I would've been just as happy with a Bethany and Adam victory.  I was filled with such glee at both Brook and Robbie's elimination, and Jim and Misty not winning after his "low-hang fruit" remark.

I'm not too optimistic about the "blind date" season coming up soon, but maybe it'll prove me wrong.

Edited by InDueTime
  • Love 4

^ Why all the last names?  They mean nothing to me.  They never show last names on The Amazing Race.  We know TAR folks by the team name of something like Jack & Jill or Frick & Frack or something like that.  So the above is pretty much still all Greek to me.