Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Minds Spinoff

hazel0711
  • Start Topic

I thought she looked uncomfortable and like she'd rather have been at the dentist.

She always looks like that to me, add the lack of chemistry she usually has with her coworkers

(edited)

Well I like Gary Sinise, but I still can't bring myself to support this spin off mainly because it's Erica Messer's baby. And I can't abide what she did to the orignal CM and it's characters. I'm thoroughly fed up with the way she continues to marginalize Reid.His character should probably have been the first one Hotch picked to go with him. I wanted to throw something at my television when I saw JJ doing the geographical profiling. That is Reid's area of expertise.So you would think with a family's life hanging in the balance Hotch would have wanted to bring his very best with him. Instead he ends up leaving Reid back in the states.

The only way I would have supported this, is if I thought it'd get EM the hell away from the original CM. I know that many of us had hoped that would be the case and were sorely disappointed when it turned out not to be.

Edited by missmycat
  • Love 2

I'd love for another Third Watch-esque show to debut. Something with a gritty feel while still exploring the personal lives of the characters.

I'd love it too, someone give me some "55-David" tandem, Bosco and Faith were amazing in the first half of the show

And the guy with 4 kids under 3... Seriously, did they pay attention while they were writing that?

A few days ago, I met someone who mentioned that she had just come back from maternity leave a month ago and that she has four kids under the age of three. I immediately thought of the guy on the spinoff :P

I guess kind of like how having both the female characters pregnant sounds over-the-top but it is actually what happened in real life, having four kids under the age of three sounds over-the-top but it's not unreasonable.

• Love 2

The guy explained that the latest were twins, so, not implausible. 

On the subject of Anna Gunn, i've only ever seen her in Breaking Bad, and i loved her there. I don't understand how lots and lots of people hate Skylar White, she was a very well-conceived, well-written and well-acted character. I didn't like Gunn in Beyond Boredom, but that likely was because it was a poorly conceived and poorly written. I think she made the best she could out of next to nothing. Now that she's out and i hate the tech character, I'm not watching the show unless they yoke it to the original to bring in viewers. Come to think of it, I've been watching the original in the hopes that on any given episode, they'll pull Spencer in for more than a standing or sitting around shot.  <<they got me>>

• Love 4

A few days ago, I met someone who mentioned that she had just come back from maternity leave a month ago and that she has four kids under the age of three. I immediately thought of the guy on the spinoff :P

I guess kind of like how having both the female characters pregnant sounds over-the-top but it is actually what happened in real life, having four kids under the age of three sounds over-the-top but it's not unreasonable.

yes yes, it's possible, although it's not the most common situation, at least nowadays where I live hehe

but it was more like the last nail of the coffin in that team and their perfect families score

yes yes, it's possible, although it's not the most common situation, at least nowadays where I live hehe

but it was more like the last nail of the coffin in that team and their perfect families score

That's more along the lines of what I feel about it. Matt Simmons having four kids under the age of three isn't implausible, but what was grating was hearing Morgan getting so enthused about it. Taken in context with the rest of the fawning going on, it added to the idea that this other team were “superheroes” the BAU could only dream of living up to, since Morgan made it sound like Simmons must be some kind of “whiz” for juggling his job and his kids.

I grant that I know what they were trying to do with the fawning- and the fawning over Simmons wasn't as bad as Rossi's fawning over Garrett, or Garcia's fawning over Monty- because they wanted to give a sense that the original BAU were friends with the other team, but there were other ways they could have done it. They could have just asked “how the kids are”, without anyone commenting about how impressive it is they have kids in the first place. Subtlety was not the episode's strong point, and I fear with Erica Messer in charge, it might never be.

• Love 5

I was out of town this weekend. Last night I was flipping channels in our hotel and saw the beginning of a show and thought, "Hmmm, this looks like Criminal Minds, but I don't recognize the case or the guest stars." Turns out it was Suspect Behavior. I didn't watch the episode. It just struck me that it was the kind of case that the BAU would handle. 

Not sure I will watch this new spin off. I like Gary Sinise and Anna Gunn. I was sorry to hear she wasn't going to continue with the show. But it's not something I'm looking forward to. The pilot wasn't good. I wish they would have kept it separate from CM altogether. If Erica stays involved with it, it's the kiss of death as far as I'm concerned. 

• Love 3

I never saw Breaking Bad so I am not familiar with Anna Gunn. Sinese was the only one of the cast I'd even heard of before. I liked two out of the four characters (Sinese and Simmons). I don't know if I took the discussion of Simmon's kids as "fawning" per se. It seemed more to me like a "Wow, you have your hands full. Good luck with that" type thing. LOL. Plus I can sometimes give a little leeway for exposition dialog because by its nature it can be clunky. A lot of actors detest exposition dialog.

I see where there was a couple of people on twitter bitching about Anna Gunn being let go.Naturally CBS couldn't possible have had a legitimate reason for letting her go.No it had to be that once again CBS was just being sexist.Of course now CBS is largely to blame for their so called attitude even if it isn't justified, which I don't think it is.

Well, I liked Alana on "Forever". Too bad they couldn't have brought Ioan Gruffud with her as the medical examiner. Not sure I like the "fearless fun" description of the new medical examiner. The girl is cute though.

I've never heard of the actress before, so I'm hoping she's good.

Since I'm a fan of Sinese, I'm willing to give this one a shot.

• Love 2

Not sure I like the "fearless fun" description of the new medical examiner. The girl is cute though.

Yeah. It sounds like they're trying for their version of Garcia...I mean, I appreciate the attempt at diversity and I'll reserve judgement until the show airs, but I can't help but think they should have gone with a more original character.

• Love 3

Well, since Penelope at times feels like a clone of Abby, I guess that would just be par for the course.  It is interesting to see the plethora of "quirky" female scientists on CBS's procedurals. The problem is ,that while the first incarnation is liable to feel fresh and original, the subsequent ones start to feel derivative. At this point, it would be almost revolutionary if female scientists were just straight laced and professional. :) 

• Love 4

Well, since Penelope at times feels like a clone of Abby, I guess that would just be par for the course.  It is interesting to see the plethora of "quirky" female scientists on CBS's procedurals. The problem is ,that while the first incarnation is liable to feel fresh and original, the subsequent ones start to feel derivative. At this point, it would be almost revolutionary if female scientists were just straight laced and professional. :) 

Amen to that! maybe Aisha could remake her CSI role hehe xP

• Love 1

Ooooh...yeah. I loved Aisha's role as the DNA scientist on CSI. If her character is anything like that on Criminal Minds, I know I am going to enjoy it. :)

me too, I didn't like the "I see dead people" show but I remember her on CSI and I liked her too

Edited by smoker

Oh, I hope the new doctor isn't like Brennan on Bones. I despised that character. It wasn't even just the writing for her, it was the awful line delivery from the actress.

I hope that they actually have something that is not cliche or a clone of another show.

I guess I would be ok with the medical examiner being somewhat like Dr. G. Medical Examiner though.

• Love 1

I had a quick Google to see how this show is getting along now they're filming. The blog post below has indexed a bunch of tweets from the showmakers and cast. It confirms that they're doing India, Cuba, Morocco, Mexico and Egypt, Thailand and Belize (are road signs really in Spanish with the English translation smaller in brackets underneath in Belize? Weird, considering that it's a famously English speaking country - although there's Spanish there too, of course)

Anyway, I am delighted that they have chosen four countries which look so similar in that they appear to closely resemble Southern California in general and a certain backlot in particular, so we can see that authenticity will be vital to this masterwork.

Plus! They blew the budget and hired a real camel! A camel, people!

Apparently, in January we will get to see what can be done to recreate our wonderful planet by filming under bridges and adding some lighting filters.

#pleasedoAntarcticanext

http://www.csifiles.com/content/2015/09/beyond-borders-cast-crew-share-more-tweets-set-pics/

http://www.csifiles.com/content/2015/10/check-out-more-beyond-borders-tweets-set-pics/

Edited by Lebanna

I like Gary Sinise well enough. But I ain't gonna watch this. Nope, no way. Not unless they add Matthew Gray Gubler to the cast O:-)

MESSer doesn't even know what to do with Matthew (and Spencer) when it comes to CM: Original Recipe. What would she do with him with the spin-off?

• Love 4

I have no intention of watching it either. I only hope that it will be successful long enough to get EM firmly on board as its official show runner while at the same time having her step down as the original CM's show runner. I will be pissed as all hell if CBS lets this woman run both shows.

• Love 4

MESSer doesn't even know what to do with Matthew (and Spencer) when it comes to CM: Original Recipe. What would she do with him with the spin-off?

And yet she still had the nerve to create one of her stupid spin off  characters based partly on the character of Reid.But thank goodness we were at least spared any sort of vomit inducing scene of the 2 of them meeting and having to watch Reid fawning allover the newbie.

• Love 4

And yet she still had the nerve to create one of her stupid spin off  characters based partly on the character of Reid.But thank goodness we were at least spared any sort of vomit inducing scene of the 2 of them meeting and having to watch Reid fawning allover the newbie.

Well, there goes my appetite. Yuck.

• Love 1

honestly I wish they'd just have devoted their time and energy into making Criminal Minds: The Original Recipe (LOL whoever coined that, I love it!) a better product instead of abandoning it for Criminal MInds Beyond Boredom. >:-(  It's like they don't freaking care about the show that's carried their asses for 10+ years .

• Love 3

Yes, but you are supposed to LIKE Monty and SYMPATHIZE with him! Because, after all, he's so cooped up in that wheelchair...*sniff sniff* “How could something so horrible happen?!”

*waaaaaa!*

*loud crying*

*shotgun blast*

Well, that ought to do it.

I think the worst part about Monty was seeing Garcia get so effusive at the prospect of working with him...she made him into a god when he's just a human being.

Easily Monty's the worst character I've ever seen. Easily.

• Love 2

I believe the casting call was posted early in this thread. Could be wrong. There I believe the character was required to be in a wheelchair but the actor didn't have to be wheelchair bound himself, which ruffled a few feathers.

I think Monty was actually with a cane during the spinoff pilot, but he is a cripple so he will have to use a wheelchair. No other option for longer distance travel.

• Love 1

Yes, but you are supposed to LIKE Monty and SYMPATHIZE with him! Because, after all, he's so cooped up in that wheelchair...*sniff sniff* “How could something so horrible happen?!”

*waaaaaa!*

*loud crying*

*shotgun blast*

Well, that ought to do it.

I think the worst part about Monty was seeing Garcia get so effusive at the prospect of working with him...she made him into a god when he's just a human being.

Easily Monty's the worst character I've ever seen. Easily.

Except they chickened out making him wheelchair-bound, if you recall. At least they pulled back on that one trope

• Love 1

They only changed that because NCIS: New Orleans now has a regular who is both their I.T. expert and wheelchair bound - played by an actor with a genuine disability, which is awesome. He's even also African-American. So they couldn't seem to be copying that closely.

• Love 2

Well, Monty in the original CM episode was pushed as being so extra-specially Spayshul, that it really felt like an insult to me to characters who are A-A and/or disabled in some way, that the slobbering that Garcia did was really gross. By the same token, Rossi lathering up to the Gary Sinise character was awful and embarrassing. I'll not watch it again.

• Love 3

So I am looking at the promo pictures of the cast and I can't help but get pissed off about it.Not because I have anything against them,in fact I quite like Gary Sinise. But what galls me to no end is that there is only 5 of them. Apparently unlike the original CM, CBS is willing to go with a smaller cast. And since the Marty character will be doing more or less what Garcia is doing, the spin off is only going to have 4 people out on the field full time.It will be interesting whether or not this cast ends up taking a backseat to their guest stars the way the cast on the original CM has had to so many times. 

• Love 1

Not me for one! The whole premise just doesn't ring true for me. I recently binge watched Ed Bernero's Crossing Lines which really was an edge of your seat international crime show so the Messer Disney version of "international" holds no appeal. Also the guy playing the so called super genius really really put me off when he was boasting that "Monty" was smarter than our lovely Doctor! Beyond Boredom is exactly that to me - I expect though it may do reasonably well because they cast Gary Sinise who has quite a following. I quite liked him in CSI NY although to me he is a bit monotone as an actor.

• Love 2

not me. not even liking Gary Sinise a lot is gonna make me watch this crap.

I like Mr. Sinise a lot, too. And I liked the actor who plays Monty when he was on "Everybody Hates Chris"-cute show. But I'd rather be wearing a Daddy Saddle while carrying around Chris Christie and Mike Huckabee than watch this dreck.

• Love 3

I'm not watching, maybe if it crosses my path I'll check it out, but if it's going to be like the crossover...no way

By the way, am I the one who doesn't like Gary Sinise?

I admire Sinise for the work he does for veterans but as an actor he is very monotone for me - very little range and sometimes he comes across as very wooden. I've really only seen him much in CSI NY where that flat acting seemed to fit in and I used to enjoy that show.

• Love 1

I know they are having Garcia on tonight, but i won't watch unless they drag Reid onto there, which makes me almost grateful Monty's that much smarter than Reid - no need to rip my favorite character to shreds!

Boy, I hope it tanks.

• Love 2