Type keyword(s) to search

So What Are You Listening To?

aradia22
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Thirteenth Judas Priest album "Angel of Retribution" (2005). An album, which was released after 15 years of hiatus, and... it's actually pretty decent. I actually rate it a bit higher than I should due to modern sound and production in comparison really...

Edited by Rushmoras

Fourteenth Judas Priest album "Nostradamus" (2008), which, as I understand it, the first parter of songs is based on the prophecies of Nostradamus (so, a conceptual album). Um, it's different and unique I'd say. Though, I prefer CD 2 over CD 1.

Fifteenth (and penultimate) album of Judas Priest "Firepower" (2018). Eh, more or less like Redeemer of Souls, it's okey. Though from their modern ones I found Nostradamus to be almost superb.

• Like 1

This year's and last (so far) Judas Priest album "Invincible Shield" (2024). More or less the same quality as their last album. Still, I have to admit, that I prefer their modern sound over their classic one.

As always, subjective assessments of each album:

As always, subjective assessments of each album:

1. Rocka Rolla (Remastered) (1974) - 7.3/10 [Best songs: Rocka rolla; Deep freeze; Cheater; Run of the mill; Diamonds and rust]

2. Sad Wings of Destiny (Remastered) (1976) - 5.6/10 [Best songs: Dreamer Receiver; Prelude; Tyrant; Genocide]

3. Sin After Sin (1977) - 8/10 [Best songs: Diamonds and rust; Last rose of summer; Raw deal; Here comes the tears; Race with the devil; Jawbreaker – Live]

4. Stained Glass (1978) - 6.4/10 [Best songs: Better by you, better than me; Invader; Savage; Beyond the realms of death; Fire burns below]

5. Killing Machine (1979) - 7.7/10 [Best songs: Evening star; Hell bent for leather; Take on the world; The green manalishi (with the two pronged crown); Killing machine; Before the dawn; Evil fantasies]

6. British Steel (1980) - 9.1/10 [Best songs: Rapid fire; Breaking the law; Living after midnight; The rage; Steeler; Red, white and blue; Grinder – live]

7. Point of Entry (1981) - 5.8/10 [Best songs: Heading out to the highway; Turning circles; Desert plains; Troubleshooter; On the run]

8. Screaming for Vengeance (Expanded Edition) (1982) - 4.4/10 [Best songs: Electric eye; Take these chains; You’ve got another thing coming; Fever; Electric eye – live from San Antonio Prisoner of your eyes]

9. Defenders of the Faith (1984) - 7.5/10 [Best songs: Jawbreaker; Rock hard ride free; Eat me alive; Night comes down; Turn on your light]

10. Turbo 30 (1986) - 10/10 [Best songs: Locked in; Private property; Parental guidance; Rock you around the world; Out in the cold; Reckless]

11. Ram It Down (1988) - 7.5/10 [Best songs: Ram it down; Hard as iron; Blood red skies; I’m a rocker; Monsters of rock; Night comes – live]

12. Painkiller (1990) - 8.3/10 [Best songs: Painkiller; All guns blazing; Metal meltdown; Nightcrawler; Between the hammer and anvil; A touch of evil; Living bad dreams]

13. Angel of Retribution (2005) - 8/10 [Best songs: Deal with the devil; Worth fighting for; Wheels of fire; Angel; Hellrider]

14. Nostradamus (2008) - 8.3/10 [Best songs: Prophecy; Revelations; Pestilence and plague; Death; Conquest; Lost love; Persecution; Alone; Shadows in the flame; Visions; New beginnings; Future of mankind]

15. Redeemer of Souls (Deluxe) (2014) - 7.8/10 [Best songs: Redeemer of souls; Hall of Valhalla; March of the dammed; Down in flames; Hell & back; Coldblooded; Tears of blood; Bring it on]

16. Firepower (2018) - 7.1/10 [Best songs: Lightning strike; Evil never dies; Never the heroes; Children of the sun; Rising from ruins; Spectre; No surrender]

17. Invincible Shield (Deluxe Edition) (2024) - 7.9/10 [Best songs:  Invincible shield; Devil in disguise; Crown of horns; Trial by fire; Escape from reality; Sons of thunder; Giants in the sky; Fight for your life; Vicious circle]

Average album score: 7.5/10

P.S. I just noticed, Judas Priest might be one of the longest playing bands out there, barring Rolling Stones, that I've listened on Spotify.

• Like 1