Type keyword(s) to search

So What Are You Listening To?

aradia22
  • Start Topic

Final Roxette studio album "Good Karma" (2016).

As always, subjective assessments of each album:

1. Pearls of Passion (Extended Version) (1986) - 8/10. Best songs: Surrender; Never ending love; From one heart to another; So far away; It must have been love (Christmas for the broken hearted)

2. Look Sharp! (Extended Version) (1988) - 7.5/10. Best songs: Dressed for success; Paint; Dangerous; Half a woman, half a shadow; Shadow of a doubt; Listen to your heart; One is such a lonely number (demo); Don’t believe in accidents (demo)

3. Joyride (Extended Version) (1991) - 7.8/10. Best songs: Joyride; Fading like a flower (every time you leave); Spending my time; The big l.; (Do you) get excited?; Physical fascination; Things will never be the same; The sweet hello, the sad goodbye; Love spins (demo); Seduce me (demo)

4. Tourism (Extended Version) (1992) - 6.3/10. Best songs: How do you do; The rain; Keep me waiting; Come back (before you leave); Queen of rain; Fingertips ’93; 2, Cinnamon street

5. Crash! Boom! Bang! (Extended Version) (1994) - 7.8/10. Best songs: Harleys & Indians (riders in the sky); Crash, Boom, Bang!; Fireworks; Sleeping in my car; Place your love; What’s she like?; Lies; I’m sorry; Almost unreal; Crazy about you

6. Have a Nice Day (Extended Version) (1999) - 8.2/10. Best songs: Crush on you; Wish I could fly; Anyone; 7twenty7; Stars; Salvation; Cooper; Making love to you

7. Room Service (Extended Version) (2001) - 7.9/10. Best songs: Milk toast and honey; Fool; My world, my love, my life; Entering your heart; Bla, bla, bla (you broke my heart); Every day; Stupid

8. Charm School (Extended Version) (2011) - 7.5/10. Best songs: Way out; She’s got nothing on (but the radio); Speak to me; I’m glad you called; Only when I dream; Dream on

9. Travelling (2012) - 7.3/10. Best songs: Lover, lover, lover; Touched by the hand of god; Perfect excuse; Excuse me sir, do you want me to check on your wife?; Angel passing; The weight of the world – vocal mix up; See me – new version

10. Good Karma (2016) - 7.3/10. Best songs: This one; From a distance; Why don't you bring me flowers?; April clouds

Average album score: 7.6/10.

• Like 2

Maybe some day I'll do a deep @Rushmoras like dive into this groups albums.

They seemed kind of too intense/hard core for me as a teenager.  But maybe I've grown into a taste for them.  This song was pretty good

18 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

Maybe some day I'll do a deep @Rushmoras like dive into this groups albums.

They seemed kind of too intense/hard core for me as a teenager.  But maybe I've grown into a taste for them.  This song was pretty good

Too bad that Spotify (on Internet) for me shows greyed out all popular rap artists for some reason (as if lost licenses), I may be inclined to listen to some of the artists I know in passing (though, on app, they are all accessible, but I'm using the app for local artists discog [yah, I'm strange that way]).

• Like 2

After quite a deliberation in my mind was thinking to start Judas Priest, went a whole different route and chose Patricia Kaas.

• Like 2

I hate that song, and have from the moment it came out.  I don't really care for RHCP songs in general, but that's the only one I absolutely cannot listen to.

(edited)

Been listening to Beyoncé's Cowboy Carter. I've never been a fan of hers, but I'm liking a lot of this album. It's shocking how much more interesting, fun, and creative this is than Taylor's new release.

Not sure it's fair to compare them like this. Two different people; two different albums. But they're pretty much the two most powerful women in music right now, so it's kind of unavoidable.

Edited by WritinMan
  • Like 2
(edited)

So, Sugababes - Too Lost in You was actually a remake of Patricia Kaas Quand j'ai peour de tout (from her fourth album "Dans ma chair" (1997)). The more you learn when you delve in to international sphere discog...

Edited by Rushmoras

Damn, that was a good medley. "You Don't Own Me" mixed in with that worked really well. I liked the darker take on "Genie in a Bottle", too. She sounded great. 

Also, her backup dancers are amazing. Wow. 

Sixth Patricia Kaas album "Piano Bar" (2002). It's a jazz/blues type slow song album, also entirely in English. Kinda eh in comparison to previous of her works. This song kinda reminds of Lana Delrey vibes (or vice versae considering that Lana came waaaaaaaay later)...

Seventh Patricia Kaas album "Sexe fort" (2003). Almost perfect. EDIT, also noticed that my Spotify library of her songs is now at exact 69 tracks. That's in line with this albums' title lol 🤣

Edited by Rushmoras