Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

Yes, they should call the police, but they'll be lucky if they ever see the money again.  Then the sibling goes to jail, upsetting the father when he's already in bad shape (I don't know this family, but this is what I've seen before.)  It just sucks all around. 

Yeah, but then you can always sell off sib's shit while s/he's in the can to recoup some of the nursing home money. 

Hey, turnabout's fair play.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

My grandparents called us all over to the house one night.

They said they had figured who in the family got what from their money.

The rest was to be used for care and taxes etc and if they died fast or something the remainder would go to their church. They set it up with the lawyer.

Then they said, they didn't want any trouble after they were gone, so that money they had set aside for bequests to family they were going to hand out that night.

My mom and aunt got envelopes, then me and my siblings did.

Then grandpa turned to my cousins and said none for you.

He brought out a little notebook of all the times they had borrowed money and never paid it back. He said he was always there to help and would never have refused to loan to his grandchildren, but it was unfair to me and to my siblings if they got the same money on top of all the money they had borrowed and stuff they had bought.

He had every penny they had got from him in this little note book. Then he said. That was your inheritance and there isn't any more. I hope you enjoyed it.

• Love 7

My parents had set up their wills ages ago.  They chose me to be the executor, as they knew I'd be scrupulously fair.  Which I am.  We're currently fixing up their house to sell, using money from my youngest brother.  He'll get repaid off the top after the sale, as will I for all the money I've put in (taxes, insurance, utilities) to keep the house going since my parents' deaths.  I've even kept a spreadsheet of all the monies.  A tithe to our church also gets paid off the top.  Then everything else is split 5 ways.  Easy peasy.  And luckily there was little to no fighting over family heirlooms.  I'm so glad I don't have to deal with the drama like a lot of people do.

• Love 2

My mom gave away a lamp before she died and told me the silverware was mine. The lamp Is a classic example of how stupid people behave. My mother collected roosters. Do not ask me why, she thought they are pretty. We had rooster curtains. Rooster dishes. Rooster salt n pepper. I had found some earrings for her when I was 5 on a trip to Canada. If there was a rooster slapped on anything, we had it. So this was a rooster lamp. The base was a big damn rooster. It was either given to my mom by her friend Judy or purchased with s&h green stamps. If green stamps my father insisted the lamp was his. His money purchased the groceries that provided said green stamps. My mom gave the lamp to my oldest sister. Here's the thing. The lamp is hideous. No one gave 2 flying fucks about the lamp and my mom gave it to my sister a full year or more before she died. My dad never noticed it gone til after she was dead. But then demanded HIS lamp back. Oi vey.

• Love 2

My grandparents called us all over to the house one night.

They said they had figured who in the family got what from their money.

The rest was to be used for care and taxes etc and if they died fast or something the remainder would go to their church. They set it up with the lawyer.

Then they said, they didn't want any trouble after they were gone, so that money they had set aside for bequests to family they were going to hand out that night.

My mom and aunt got envelopes, then me and my siblings did.

Then grandpa turned to my cousins and said none for you.

He brought out a little notebook of all the times they had borrowed money and never paid it back. He said he was always there to help and would never have refused to loan to his grandchildren, but it was unfair to me and to my siblings if they got the same money on top of all the money they had borrowed and stuff they had bought.

He had every penny they had got from him in this little note book. Then he said. That was your inheritance and there isn't any more. I hope you enjoyed it.

My parents did that with my sister, and oh was it not fun.  She was "that" child....Always needing money, always in trouble...My brother and I got a significant amount more than she did.  She just got a little, and I think that was more so that she couldn't contest the will.  I got all my my rings, family heirlooms, etc.  They knew she'd just turn around and pawn them.  She is still trying to guilt my brother and I into giving her more....

In other news, I got texted a pic from my friend last night, WHO MET ANDREW FREAKING LINCOLN in a bar in Florida last night.  He sent me a pic and everything.  I am sooooo freakin' jealous.  AL almost has the full on Ricktator beard back!

• Love 5

In other news, I got texted a pic from my friend last night, WHO MET ANDREW FREAKING LINCOLN in a bar in Florida last night.  He sent me a pic and everything.  I am sooooo freakin' jealous.  AL almost has the full on Ricktator beard back!

Aaaaaaagggh!

Noooooooooo!

Notice how it's always a man friend who meets these guys, or your great aunt Estelle.

If I met a tv star in a bar some night it would be Pee Wee Herman or Wolf Blitzer.

• Love 5

I was given an original oil painting over 50 years ago.  My Oma "kept it for me" until she went into a nursing home and gave almost all her treasures to "new friends", but my Mum managed to rescue my painting.  I finally had it shipped to me.  It has always been my favorite thing in the world, but apparently it's also a semi-famous painting, and prints of it are being sold on Ebay.   If you're curious (or know anything about art, which I do not!), you can see a b&w print of it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RICHARD-WAGNER-DREAM-OPERA-MUSIC-MYTH-ANTIQUE-ART-PRINT-/381040350291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b7c65453

• Love 2

Aaaaaaagggh!

Noooooooooo!

Notice how it's always a man friend who meets these guys, or your great aunt Estelle.

If I met a tv star in a bar some night it would be Pee Wee Herman or Wolf Blitzer.

You're telling me.  He said he was cool as hell and even drank with them a bit.  He said he sure could knock them back...and coming from this particular friend that is an impressive statement!

• Love 1

So, you're saying the look kind of... GREW on him?

<ducking>

• Love 2

You're telling me.  He said he was cool as hell and even drank with them a bit.  He said he sure could knock them back.

Brits are no amateurs when it comes to drinking! BTW---so he wasn't with his wife? mmmmmm

I was given an original oil painting over 50 years ago.  My Oma "kept it for me" until she went into a nursing home and gave almost all her treasures to "new friends", but my Mum managed to rescue my painting.  I finally had it shipped to me.  It has always been my favorite thing in the world, but apparently it's also a semi-famous painting, and prints of it are being sold on Ebay.   If you're curious (or know anything about art, which I do not!), you can see a b&w print of it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RICHARD-WAGNER-DREAM-OPERA-MUSIC-MYTH-ANTIQUE-ART-PRINT-/381040350291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b7c65453

THAT painting is SO cool!  Must be wild to look up and see that. Your mum is cool too, for rescuing it for you.

• Love 1

Brits are no amateurs when it comes to drinking! BTW---so he wasn't with his wife? mmmmmm

THAT painting is SO cool!  Must be wild to look up and see that. Your mum is cool too, for rescuing it for you.

I stared at that painting for HOURS when I was a very little girl, because - nekkid titties!   :-)

Probably explains my penchant for nude beaches in my younger years, and now just solo nudity.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 2

Not sure if his wife was there or not.  Dear lord I hope he didn't kiss anyone on the cheek!  It'll be a huge scandal!

• Love 6

Not sure if his wife was there or not.  Dear lord I hope he didn't kiss anyone on the cheek!  It'll be a huge scandal!

I can see the headlines now:

ANDREW LINCOLN CHEEK-RAPES WOMAN IN FLORIDA BAR

• Love 5

hahahaha I watch too much walking dead, I can snack while they eat Bob's leg etc. 

This really amuses me because I've been catching up on some old TD eps and watched the one with Andrew. J West, aka 'Gareth', after Rick massacred him.  Hardwick asking him about the 'eating Bob' scene.  "More like Bob's Burgers?  Or maybe Hungry-Hungry Hippsters??"

• Love 2

kikismom, you have made me laugh all over the Walking Dead boards today, most recently with the image of Daryl learning about bathing in the style of Helen Keller.

My question is: are you posting drunk again? If so, keep it up!

Also, I think I accidentally inhaled my own tongue laughing like a loon about the cheek-rape headline. I'll have you know I'm supposed to be working!

• Love 1

kikismom, you have made me laugh all over the Walking Dead boards today, most recently with the image of Daryl learning about bathing in the style of Helen Keller.

My question is: are you posting drunk again? If so, keep it up!

Also, I think I accidentally inhaled my own tongue laughing like a loon about the cheek-rape headline. I'll have you know I'm supposed to be working!

Ha - I just read a mystery book where that was the method used to kill several people.  A hypnotizing psychiatrist would hypnotize people to crawl into a bathtub of paint and swallow their own tongues.  Afterwards the murderer would fish the tongue out of their throats, leaving coroners baffled as to the cause of death.  Please don't suffocate yourself and die like that!

Ha - I just read a mystery book where that was the method used to kill several people. A hypnotizing psychiatrist would hypnotize people to crawl into a bathtub of paint and swallow their own tongues. Afterwards the murderer would fish the tongue out of their throats, leaving coroners baffled as to the cause of death. Please don't suffocate yourself and die like that!

Ok, when I'd only read your first sentence I was legit like "OMG, REALLY?! There's a book where people are murdered by CHEEK RAPE?!??" Now you just put me in danger of swallowing my tongue again!

Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 2

I saw josh Lucas in a bar (Matthew McConnahenny light) once. He and dermott Mulroney were in town filming a movie and he was standing right in front of me. Everyone was whispering that it was McConnahenny. Some dumbass girl in a camo cowboy hat walked up and introduced herself. Hi I'm Kate he says hi I'm josh Snd turned back to the bar. The movie was set in the 70's and he was in his 70's wardrobe. If Dermot Mulroney had showed up then I woulda gotten Twitter pated.

If the walking dead ever meanders down here for location shoots you know I'll be stalking some peeps!

"CUT!!!  Can somebody please tell me how in the world this person keeps wandering onto our shooting locations and into scenes we're filming!?!?  *muttering*  We're really gonna have to break down and do something in regards to security around here.    Somebody find me Melissa McBride!  She needs to give our visitor a little pep talk about what can happen to people sneaking around places they shouldn't be - and tell her to take a cookie along as well, to help get the point across."

• Love 3

"CUT!!!  Can somebody please tell me how in the world this person keeps wandering onto our shooting locations and into scenes we're filming!?!?  *muttering*  We're really gonna have to break down and do something in regards to security around here.    Somebody find me Melissa McBride!  She needs to give our visitor a little pep talk about what can happen to people sneaking around places they shouldn't be - and tell her to take a cookie along as well, to help get the point across."

Handy tip - if you see MMB walking toward you with a bouquet, run like hell.

• Love 5

Handy tip - if you see MMB walking toward you with a bouquet, run like hell.

If she comes at you with the bouquet and cookies?  You're only hope is to fake death by heart attack and hope she leaves without making sure you're dead, TWD/ZA style.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2

I'll be disguised as a walker, DUH! Seeing as how I haven't trimmed bushes in my yard and have some serious overgrowth issues in thd back perhaps they could even use my house as a location. We do have some nice "apocalypse" looking places around here.

• Love 2

If she comes at your with the bouquet and cookies?  You're only hope is to fake death by heart attack and hope she leaves without making sure you're dead, TWD/ZA style.

What if it's a....COOKIE BOUQUET?! *runs screaming*

When I was a teenager or so, the city I lived in had a Cookie Bouquet place...they used to run the dumbest commercials.

I just saw an ad to get a free pocket knife for joining the NRA. But it wasn't here—it was on the Broadchurch board (where everyone's hating on David Tennant's neck beard).

Knives don't kill people. Carol does.

Edited by Disraeli Ears
  • Love 6

Do not bring a knife to a Carol fight. Just don't come to a Carol fight.

I want a neck beard bouquet. Wait that's the name of my next band. My current band is sinful stench in the nostrils of the righteous.

• Love 5

Wife's irritated with me.

I had a fey streak kicking up Friday morning.

Shaved off my mustache AND my beard.

I haven't had this much air hitting my head and face since the Carter Administration.

And I did it without any warning whatsoever.

So yeah, she's irritated.

Might even go as far as miffed.

• Love 6

My husband has a mustache and a beard, and has the whole time I've known him. I don't think I'd be miffed if he shaved it all off, but I'd be kind of freaked out and it would probably take me a long time to get used to it. But since he hates shaving, it would grow back before I even had time to get used to it.

So I get Mrs. Nashville's point of view, but I hope for your sake she gets over the irritation. Are you going to grow it back, or stay clean-shaven? I understand it's your face and your decision, but if you're not sure, maybe she would appreciate being asked her opinion.

• Love 3

Omg so many things on this weekend that are bringing back memories. I loved loved loved Mommie dearest. Used to laugh and laugh at the NO MORE WIRE HANGARS. and Carrie was on. Tremors. And jaws. Missed the "you're gonna need a bigger boat line" but saw the shark blown to chunks. That got me to thinking about "ode to Billie joe" loved Robbie benson when I was a kid. Watched that movie tons of time. Never ever figured out why he threw himself off that tallahatchie bridge. Watched it in college and blew my kind. I was a dumb kid.

• Love 1

Wife's irritated with me.

I had a fey streak kicking up Friday morning.

Shaved off my mustache AND my beard.

I haven't had this much air hitting my head and face since the Carter Administration.

And I did it without any warning whatsoever.

So yeah, she's irritated.

Might even go as far as miffed.

How dare you!?  Thinking you can make personal grooming decisions without consulting the wife first?   For absolute shame.

• Love 1

This will be my first time live watching in months. 

I'm also going to be eating dinner while watching.

I'm not sure when I became the type of person who can eat during zombie gorefests, but I guess this show just doesn't scare me that way. 

• Love 4

Are you going to grow it back, or stay clean-shaven? I understand it's your face and your decision, but if you're not sure, maybe she would appreciate being asked her opinion.

Oh, I'm growing it back.  I was just curious what I had gotten to look like under it all.  That curiosity is satisfied now.  :)

This will be my first time live watching in months. 

I'm also going to be eating dinner while watching.

I'm not sure when I became the type of person who can eat during zombie gorefests, but I guess this show just doesn't scare me that way. 

I will admit that when I first started watching - the marathon [s1-5A] to get caught uo before s5B started up - it made me a bit 'skittish'.  Zombies (killing or being killed) and violence, etc.

Now?  Meh.  I have definitely become pretty much desensitized to it.   

Haven't tried eating during a viewing, but I'm thinking I could survive it if needed to.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

My SO and I always eat dinner during TWD. Tonight I made my first Blue Apron meal...yay, me! It was spicy Dan Dan Noodles with ground pork, watermelon radish, and garlic-lime peanuts.

So I was fighting a little bit of spicy indigestion as I watched all the gore. Intense.

• Love 4

That looks cool. I'd like to try stuff like that. I'd need white trash apron though. Send me some vienna sausages, gub'mint cheese and a yoohoo, all fancy in a box. 

Wheeeeee! I do not have to work tomorrow. I might get thoroughly drunk tonight and sleep late, work in the yard a little bit then go russle up some vittles. Maybe I should rewatch last night's episode and drink when Abraham says motherdick. or anyone says porchdick. or anyone acts like a dick. alcohol poisoning here I come!

• Love 3

Omg so many things on this weekend that are bringing back memories. I loved loved loved Mommie dearest. Used to laugh and laugh at the NO MORE WIRE HANGARS. and Carrie was on. Tremors. And jaws. Missed the "you're gonna need a bigger boat line" but saw the shark blown to chunks. That got me to thinking about "ode to Billie joe" loved Robbie benson when I was a kid. Watched that movie tons of time. Never ever figured out why he threw himself off that tallahatchie bridge. Watched it in college and blew my kind. I was a dumb kid.

Oh wow Ode to Billie Joe!  I remember watching that when I was little, but I knew why he threw himself off the bridge.  I had a gay and out and proud uncle way back in the 70's.

• Love 1

Yay someone else on the planet remembers "Ode to Billie Joe". Do you also remember "The Day my Mama Socked it to the Harper Valley PTA"?????? People who know me find it very hard to believe that I was ever naive or didn't know stuff. I tried to explain not knowing about the tampons in Carrie or that the sheriff from Dukes of Hazzard got Billie Joe drunk on moonshine.

But none of us every heard of motherdick, it's not a thing Abraham! 

• Love 2

My cursing vocabulary has been enhanced by Dexter and Deadwood.  My current favorite is "degenerate fucking titlicker".  And "loopy fucking cunt" is always reserved for the ladies I love the most - including y'all!   :-)

We had a record breaking heat wave this weekend in sunny SoCal.  I actually had to close the windows midday to keep the hot air out, and have been sleeping with all the windows open for the past few nights.  But it is tolerable, because it is a dry heat. 

Had to run to the store for some smokes, and despite my sincere attempts to stay on the wagon, I broke down & brought home a couple of icy cold beers, because it sounded so refreshing.  American beer doesn't really count - it's fucking close to water (Monty Python)!.  ;-)

We had a record breaking February!  A majority of days below zero, and the coldest February in history!  It's very exciting now, because it keeps getting up to 40!  Although it did get cold and snow again yesterday...

• Love 1