Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

• Start Topic

Back in college, I usedta could swear in about a half-dozen - but I'm sorely out of practice. Only remember about three words in Russian, and I've lost the Korean for sure. Tools get rusty when they sit on the shelf, donchaknow.

• Love 1

Well, yes. I just meant the deadwood class would be solid swearing. And very gleeful stubby arms frantically gesticulating.

My arms might be weak, ineffectual and fucked six ways from Sunday, but they aren't stubby!  And frantically gesticulating with them would result in days 'o pain, so I'll stick to the cussing.  :-)

Now I feel the need to know some good creative Navajo swear words!

• Love 2

Oddly enough, Maggie's father smelt of elderberries.

And Deanna dreams of having HUGE...tracts of land!

So... the ASZ is built on top of three other ASZs that burned, fell over, and/or sank in the swamp?

• Love 4

Back in college, I usedta could swear in about a half-dozen - but I'm sorely out of practice. Only remember about three words in Russian, and I've lost the Korean for sure. Tools get rusty when they sit on the shelf, donchaknow.

I left off german because I no long work with the dude who grew up in germany who taught me the german swears. So my german is rusty.

well you know how people say "chode"? choat is the navajo word for penis. :D so I do wonder if that's how it found it's way into our vocabulary. Chitty is the word for car and as a kid I thought the movie chitty chitty bang bang knew that. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I left off german because I no long work with the dude who grew up in germany who taught me the german swears. So my german is rusty.

well you know how people say "chode"? choat is the navajo word for penis. :D so I do wonder if that's how it found it's way into our vocabulary. Chitty is the word for car and as a kid I thought the movie chitty chitty bang bang knew that. 

Alas, my German relatives didn't swear, so I don't know many bad words in German.

So, next time I see a oversized douchenozzle in an undersized sportscar, I can call it a choat-chitty?

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 3

Speaking of swamps, FPP just is a R. O. U. S. in disguise.

(I knew I smelled a rat!)

Maybe Pete got drunk and thought he was channeling Inigo Montoya:

"My name is Pete Anderson!

You kissed my wife!

Prepare to die!"

• Love 5
(edited)

He likes Sunday's cuz it's walking dead day.

My poopy weekend boss wants me to come in Sunday evening which would be a huge en schkade you if there was walking dead but I'll probably go. I don't care that she has no help for Easter but at least in the evening it's like after Easter. If you're rushin to get your kids Easter basket crap after 6 pm on Sunday it's a fail.

Edited by nachomama
  • Love 3
(edited)

My withdrawal symptoms from TWD are strong. It's effecting even my Tarot reading hobby. Last night I stayed up too late trying to match up Walking Dead characters with a corresponding tarot card that fits each character. Managed to link up 14. There's 78 tarot cards so I guess I have myself a summer hobby. 

Edited by maplebrew
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was wondering if anyone would want to do a Jericho watch since there is nothing on PTv for that. There were only 2 seasons, and Season 2 was only 7 episodes.

So it isn't that much. If you don't have the dvds you could Netflix or download it. It's more of the apocalyptic/survival/ruthless enemies and of course, good music choices.Romance.  And Esai Morales and Lennie James!!!!!

Edited by kikismom

I'm going to work to avoid dt's.

Maplebrew, there will be 78 dead characters eventually.

I think I just heard of the most disgusting thing ever. Bacon, fried green tomato and pimento cheese sandwich. I like bacon. I like fried green tomato. Ix-nay on the imento-pay. Only thing worse Would be if they put hummus in it. Hummus and garbanzos in general are quite possibly the worlds most evil food. Surpassing cilantro.

• Love 2

Oh, man. Somehow, right now that sounds delicious. :) Or maybe leave off the bacon!

Proof positive that you should never read this thread while hungry.  Or is that grocery shopping?  I gits the confoosed sometimes.  ;-)

• Love 2

I've debated watching it. Does it have an end or just stop? That's holding me back!

I might also start Twin Peaks as it's on Netflix, and I never saw it.

It was the show that was only supposed to be one season, but the fans sent tens of thousands of pounds of peanuts to the network in protest and so we did get the ending, a second season with the 7 episodes to find out what happened next and wrap up the cliffhangers. So you won't get storyarcus interruptus!

I would love a bacon and fried green tomato sandwich. I do not want pimiento cheese on anything. Echhh!

• Love 3

Ever have "pimento loaf" meat? It was around when I was a kid. It was a square baloney with pimento and white bits that I could never identify. The white bits were tasteless like a commercial macaroni but maybe it was fake cheese. It was as tasty as it reads here. 

I'm trying to avoid binge watching right now because I get too heavily into a series that way. Next thing I know 7 solid hours have gone by and I haven't stirred once. Ever since dire warnings about "sitting disease" hit the mass media, I try not to sit so long. I don't have the will power to move around during a binge watch or take breaks. 

• Love 2

We still have that pimento loaf, some of that white stuff was sliced almonds and some is fat, blech.

I called earlier in the week to turn off my amc and I still have the channel. Do I call or hope they forgot and wait for my bill then yell at them?

And I would eat the bacon and fried green tomato sammich. oh yeah! and no never shop hungry, you will buy so much crap you don't want. 

• Love 1

Jericho sounds good, I may have to check it out.

So, I am one of the migrants from the other spot that closed last year. Every time I pick-up a new show (It's Better Off Ted, right now), I would go back and read through the old threads as I watched. Last summer it was The Walking Dead and few months ago I went through Psych and was able to still get the old threads through the wayback machine (archive.org). Last night I went to read about Ted and, aaaaaaggggggghhhhh, you can't get to the forums anymore (retroactive blocking from the original site--robots.txt).

I'm personally saddened to not have that resource as I watch older shows, but now I'm a bit pissed all over again because of the general loss of all that commentary and insight.

• Love 4

TWoP, morgankobi? hit us with your observations, if it's old some of us watched it and we can recreate those threads for you.

I will portray the pompous blow hard! And then I will get a disguise and play the really dumb question asker.

• Love 3

Yeah, TWoP. I really love it here, but being able to go back and read the commentary from the days after a show first aired is such a treat.

You'd play Sybill for me? Awww, how sweet!

There's not even a Jericho thread? Now it sounds like challenge :)

• Love 2
(edited)

I binged Jericho over the Summer, after my sister recommended it to me. After I was done, I couldn't believe it took me so long to find it. Soooo good! And a great recommendation for Walking Dead fans! 

Also a TWOP refuge :) 

Oh, and I also adore Better Off Ted. I push that show that a crack dealer. The diversity episodes is one of my favorite things ever. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

I've debated watching it. Does it have an end or just stop? That's holding me back!

I might also start Twin Peaks as it's on Netflix, and I never saw it.

Just a note to Twin Peaks fans: David Lynch has pulled out of directing the new Twin Peaks revival saying the budget is too small.

• Love 1

I don't know where else to put this.

It's a non-spoilery TWD/Jericho fanwanking question; I don't want to take up space so I'll use a spoiler thread. People who have seen both shows can open this if they want without bogging down others:

Both shows have a younger sister of a farming family;
Beth Grimes on TWD, and Bonnie is the younger sister
of Stanley on J.
Wouldn't the entire Beth stuff, even written the way it
was, be 100% better with Shoshanna who played
Bonnie? In case you forgot, or didn't see it, Bonnie was
played as a deaf girl, played by a genuinely gifted
actress who really is deaf.
I was just thinking of how I just felt "meh" about
Daryl and Beth running from the Prison, and Beth
at Grady. I mentally put the deaf Bonnie in those
and OH! I think the show could have made
some amazingly good, deep, tense, scenes this way.
And a lot more poignant too. I really would have
been yelling at the screen and crying. Not that Bonnie
was a whiny poor-thing. Just the opposite; you
believed her so much more as someone fighting
and not acting like a teeny-bopper in Sweet Valley
High.
I may write some fan-fiction with this, I want to see
it re-done (at least in my head lol!)
Anyone else think those episodes could have rocked
with Shoshanna/Bonnie?
Comments?

• Love 2
(edited)

I remember her! And I think you're right. She was also the deaf gf on Weeds, right? I also liked Skeet Ullrich. /runs away.

Should I be watching izombie? Not like I need to add anything, my DVR is at 14% as it is. 

I remember Better off Ted here is an immortal question... who remembers Keen Eddie?????? It was Boston cop who gets sent to England as punishment. and he had one of those budweiser dogs, the ones with the funky face. Sienna Miller was his "roommate" she was some posh flunky, had dropped out of school but didn't tell her parents. He was renting the flat from her parents and she was "squatting" there????????? anyone? Bueller? It's one of my favorites shows and it aired only 4 episodes. 

Edited by nachomama
  • Love 2

Hugs to the survivors of non WD Sunday nights. 

I watched Mad Men because they haven't shut off my AMC yet which is great because I'll get the season finale of Better Call Saul. I knew David Anders was in izombie and maybe I'll check it out. sigh. I'm such a pushover. 

• Love 1

I remember Keen Eddie. I just don't remember if I liked it or not...

I am still in the first season of Better Off Ted. On one hand, I'm sorry I missed it, but on the other I'm glad I didn't have to live through it being canceled.

• Love 2

Ok I swear I replied, if this shows up twice I'm having deja vu computer day. It wouldn't let me post in Mad Men, told me I had no privileges. :( 

Anywho I adore you morgankobi even if you like cilantro, the best episode of Keen Eddie was where 2 idiots stole a racehorse and wanted to sell the semen. They didn't know how to procure said semen so they hired a prostitute from the want ads. They showed nothing but omg the uproar! All they showed was her bending down under the horse and then the horse keeled over dead. So they only had 1 shot, so to speak, to sell. It was sick and demented, like me...like us! He kept getting beat up and there was some bar co-owned by brothers-in-law one was scottish and they hated each other and they had a line drawn down the middle. If you were standing on the one side the scottish dude wouldn't listen to you or talk to you. 

• Love 2
(edited)

To be fair, I use cilantro in just one thing.

My internet is acting screwy but I found quite a few on youtube, including "Horse Heir." They seem to be full episodes, though :)

I'm totally up for Jericho watch. We could get a schedule together and get the word out in other threads. I'm about to be down to GOT, Silicon Valley, and few bad shows I'm watching only as a completionist.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 3

I've found them all online at some point or another. I'm seeing Mad Men through as a completionist. If we watch Jericho can we make a drinking game? shout "Morgan" every time Lenny James appears. (we will be drunk quick) cuz he's not off and on like on WD. I watched most of the first season of Silicon Valley, god help me but TJ Miller has grown on me. 

There will be cilantro in my house next week, I shant use it but it's part of a meal, I shall discard. I also will discard apricot chutney. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I tell everyone to watch Silicon Valley all the way to the end of Season 1 even if they aren't quite into it. The whole season is only a few hours long and totally worth it to get to the joke in the finale. My god, I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe!

Very much agree that TJ Miller was an acquired taste.

Every time I hear the word "chutney," I think of Eddie Izzard.

"Bees make honey?! We’ve known this since we were kids, so we take it absolutely for granted, but bees are insects, furry body, yellow and black stripy, hairy leggy, big eyes. Medium size wings, you know- they’re buzzy things, you know, and they make honey?! Which is in your morning, on your breakfast-y toastie, in a jar, kind of- how do they do that? I mean, do earwigs make chutney? Do spiders make gravy?"

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 4

A bold and dashing adventure is in your future

AS FPP DIES IN THE PROCESS

You will meet someone tall, dark, and handsome...AS FATHER PP DIES IN THE PROCESS!

Who wouldn't be happy?

• Love 4

I love Eddie Izzard, ooooh you're growing on me! I wanted desperately to go see Eddie somewhere on his tour this year, closest to me is Atlanta or one of the Carolinas, just can't swing the money this year. But I adores him soooooo much. But chutneys go on my blech shelf. 

• Love 3

I think I'll try to convince the Mr. to watch Jericho with me. I watched the first ep of Twin Peaks today. I guess I'm used to the subtleties of Bear McCreary, because that music made my ears bleed. I get what they're going for, but dang. Annoying.

• Love 1

I have these things scattered throughout my desk drawers; I'm not particularly superstitious or anything, but it always seemed to me a wee bit presumptuous to throw away good fortune. :)

All your dreams shall come true AS FPP DIES IN THE PROCESS

• Love 3