Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Dustin Hoffman, Dame Judi Dench, Olly Murs

• Start Topic

Graham is joined by Oscar-winners Dustin Hoffman and Dame Judi Dench - who have paired up for the BBC's Roald Dahl adaptation Esio Trot. He also makes friends with Hollywood superstar Jennifer Aniston and Arrested Development actor Jason Bateman, who are co-starring in Horrible Bosses 2, the sequel to the 2011 comedy. Olly Murs performs his latest single, Wrapped Up.

I like Dame Judi and Olly Murs, and Jason Batemen is OK, but I absolutely cannot stand Jennifer Aniston. I do not understand how a mediocre sitcom actress (although I did like her in "We're the Millers") is an international star and beauty icon. Not sure if I'll end up watching this one.

• Love 2

Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen Aniston interviewed before. I wasn't a Friends watcher, though I've seen a few eps here and there, and I don't have a real strong opinion of her. I've heard that she's well-liked in the business and is a nice person. Here, I didn't think she did or said anything terrible, but her turtle story was pretty bad, as in boring. I did like when early on she clapped for Horrible Bosses 2 and then realized no one else was. That was funny.

I thought the best part of the show was the Red Chair. Most everything on the couch was strange. None of the stories were particularly interesting or fun.

Disappointing ep.

Not a good show - non of the Americans really added anything, and even Judy Dench wasn't as funny as she usually (maybe because she didn't have anyone to go up against).  Jennifer Aniston just didn't seem to get it, and I found Dustin Hoffman kind of creepy.

• Love 1

I thought it was an okay episode. Dustin Hoffman was a couch hog, Dame Judi didn't get nearly enough time (the perils of coming late), Aniston was bearable. I was afraid Graham might spend too much time on her, but he gave Bateman and Olly enough time.

Olly's song was trashy pop, in the best possible way. He was a very good sport about all the Twitter jokes.

Agree that the Red Chair was the best part of the show.

• Love 3

Olly's song was trashy pop, in the best possible way. He was a very good sport about all the Twitter jokes.

This my third exposure to Olly on TGNS, and by now I'm sure I want an Olly of my very own. He's adorkable. (I've seen more impressive rears, btw, but one hates to ruin a moment.)

I was surprised how genial Aniston was0 I guess I expect her to be bitchy, but I don't know I have any actual reason to think that.

I wish Hoffman would come to the grips that he's a geezer now, and behavior we find appealing in a younger stud is just creepy from a geezer. Rein it in, Hoffy.

Dench's memoir from a couple of years ago is a hoot. A good gift, if you need an idea for the Dench-fan in your life.

• Love 4

This my third exposure to Olly on TGNS, and by now I'm sure I want an Olly of my very own. He's adorkable. (I've seen more impressive rears, btw, but one hates to ruin a moment.)

I so agree!  He's always such a good sport and takes all the teasing in stride.  

Again, that couch was WAY too crowded.  Just Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman, or Judi Dench and Dustin Hoffman, please.  Not all of them.  Dustin Hoffman needed to zip it too.

I laughed so loud at the Rafferty Fox name discussion that I scared my dogs.  I wanted to hear his story. 

Edited by TexasGal

I haven't seen the entire episode but I did see the clip where Graham first reveals the audience clapping on command for the "no one told you life was gonna be this way" -- first, I was seriously impressed with the audience (Graham always gets them to perform well!) and second, Jason Bateman's face was HILARIOUS.

• Love 1