Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Assignment Of The Year

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

While Antonio continues his off-duty security job for Asher and Layla, Asher is killed. While they work the case, Halstead and Lindsay go undercover in a rather uncomfortable location. Kot shows up to ask Lindsay for an answer.

Does anyone understand what happened at the end?  After reporting that the whole thing was an undercover investigation, the higher up guy says "Chicago PD."  Then the detective with the cap, asks what did he mean by that?  I don't know.  What did he mean by that?

Why would you try to tail someone from atop of a tall building?   If they disappeared, it's going to take a awhile to get down there.  

It seemed to me that they really could have nailed the murdered man's wife if they had really tried. I could have slapped that obnoxious smile right off her face.  I hope they eventually get her, but it doesn't seem likely.  

I actually heard the gunshot when the officer went into the convenience store.  How is it that the officer nor the clerk heard it?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Does anyone understand what happened at the end?  After reporting that the whole thing was an undercover investigation, the higher up guy says "Chicago PD."  Then the detective with the cap, asks what did he mean by that?  I don't know.  What did he mean by that?

I took it to mean that the union rep left shaking his head, muttering <only the> "Chicago PD"  I think Olinksy's comment was being facetious.

i canNOT warm up to Roman. I do like that Burgess stuck up for him, tho.

I agree - couldn't they hold the wife for questioning since the boyfriend implicated her? They do that all the time on SVU - hold them for 24 hours.

I did not hear the gunshot.

Poor Ruzek, never gets to play with the big kids.

• Love 1

Mock ignorance of the Intelligence "Bro Code". Bros before the Constitution, Miranda, IAB etc...

ETA: Sorry for being redundant Betsy... I was too slow.

Edited by paigow
  • Love 3

Shallow note: I loved the dress Lindsay wore to the night club. The wrap around skirt with the cutout for an under-skirt thing was really interesting. I was coveting that dress, and I'm a straight man.

Why exactly was Antonio in such trouble? Are police departments so hidebound that they would suspend him for working a side job with a felon even though said felon's criminal record only shows up when doing an international background check? Does Antonio not get the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know?

• Love 4

Shallow note: I loved the dress Lindsay wore to the night club. The wrap around skirt with the cutout for an under-skirt thing was really interesting. I was coveting that dress, and I'm a straight man.

Why exactly was Antonio in such trouble? Are police departments so hidebound that they would suspend him for working a side job with a felon even though said felon's criminal record only shows up when doing an international background check? Does Antonio not get the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know?

Response to shallow note (!):  Duchess Catherine (England) wore a similar cutout style in the last couple of weeks so Lindsay's stylin with the best of them.  Many people called the Duchess' long, blue cutout gown a "mullet dress".

An international background check might make sense for anyone dealing in diamonds.  OTOH, I didn't understand why Antonio's situation was so dire b/c he obviously wasn't involved.

• Love 1

If you have it on DVR play back.  I heard the shot the first time, before I knew it was coming and then I played it back twice.  It goes off as soon as the detective steps into the convenience store.  He and the clerk don't seem to notice.  I would think officers, security and convenient store clerks would be very intune with stuff like that.  

Not the best episode, but for me, this is still one of the most enjoyable shows on this fall.  Some of the characters are rather interchangeable, but Voight and Olinsky are the ones who make everything go.  And I will always love Olinsky the best.  

• Love 2

Why would you try to tail someone from atop of a tall building?   If they disappeared, it's going to take a awhile to get down there.  

It seemed to me that they really could have nailed the murdered man's wife if they had really tried. I could have slapped that obnoxious smile right off her face.  I hope they eventually get her, but it doesn't seem likely.  

I actually heard the gunshot when the officer went into the convenience store.  How is it that the officer nor the clerk heard it?  

I think she was in the parking garage where the widow had parked her car.

Response to shallow note (!):  Duchess Catherine (England) wore a similar cutout style in the last couple of weeks so Lindsay's stylin with the best of them.  Many people called the Duchess' long, blue cutout gown a "mullet dress".

Was this dress something Lindsay had in her "go bag"? Did Voight send Lindsay shopping with money from the coffee can? Or did he shake down Ray Palmer? (For all Arrow fans debating the dinner dress issue) 

• Love 2

Shallow note: I loved the dress Lindsay wore to the night club. The wrap around skirt with the cutout for an under-skirt thing was really interesting. I was coveting that dress, and I'm a straight man. Was this dress something Lindsay had in her "go bag"? 

This style of dress/skirt is not new. There are variations but all have the thigh showing shorts. Ricky Lake (?) wore one on dancing with the stars, However it was more formal, chiffon-like.

This style of dress/skirt is not new. There are variations but all have the thigh showing shorts. Ricky Lake (?) wore one on dancing with the stars, However it was more formal, chiffon-like.

There's nothing new under the sun in fashion, IMHO.  Everything gets reworked or reimagined.  That said, this particular style does not include shorts.  It was shown on the runways and then a designer version was recently worn by the Duchess of Cambridge.  So, this latest version may be relatively new. 

Not a DWTS viewer so don't know when Ms. Lake appeared.  That said, ballroom dance frequently uses period costumes so it may not have been current fashion, at that particular time.

JMHO

I hope Erin received an allowance to cover her costs.

This ep was kind of boring. All the posters saying never really got the Antonio is in real trouble feeling are so right. The most interesting part was Leyla. That chick was a serious sociopath. I thought they could have even done more with her. Or turned the "who shot her husband" into something more.

Olinsky is SO necessary to this show. He can have 1 line in whole ep, and that's the line you remember.

Sophia Bush was all legs in that dress. She and Halstead are fun together. Don't necessarily ship them, but would love to see them as best friends, brother/sister close.

And who takes a cab to kill/fight someone? What? Although that fight scene w/Antonio was choreographed really well.

The real life implications  of off duty LAPD  officers working security and illegal duties for felons came out with the Notorious BIG/Biggie Smalls murder along with the actions of specialized units being fictionalized on The Shield probably has lead to greater scrutiny of the off duty security related actions of law enforcement. The Intelligence unit is already suspected of acting beyond the law much like Vic Mackey's Strike Team. Administrative if not prosecutional authority should be threatened by just about everything they do on this show.

We couldn't see Antonio in real trouble because we just heard from his union rep who knew things stunk up the force from his unit. Only in Chicago means he knew the forged investigation paperwork would be accepted as long as Intelligence continued to close the proper amount of cases.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1