Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: The Break-Up

So going to miss this show. As I was watching, I realized that I'd much prefer Shawn break up with Juliet than with Gus. I would have been aggravated either way. I'm so glad it worked out. I feel like I need to rewatch all the episodes now. 

• Love 1

I really loved what they did to end the show.  I'm still having a hard time adjusting to the idea that I now live in a world where there will be no new Psych to watch.  Ever.  

• Love 1

I was half expecting to see Monk at the end in the SF crime scene.  Especially when Chief Vick said he was in the kitchen alphabetizing something.  All in all, though, a very enjoyable ending to a fun show.

• Love 2

I loved the ending with Shawn and Gus fighting crime, but Lassie with somebody wildly competent in SB, and Henry starting a PI business?    But how they got there with Shawn leaving Gus and not really saying goodbye?   This won't go down as one of my favorites.

I was half expecting to see Monk at the end in the SF crime scene.  Especially when Chief Vick said he was in the kitchen alphabetizing something.

I think that was the implication right? Like Monk was totally in there alphabetizing the cereal or whatever but we just didn't see him. Man... Monk would NOT get along with Shawn. I want to see that episode!

• Love 1

A beautiful finale, through and through. Funny how they filmed the show right here in my hometown (Vancouver) but we didn't actually get the show available to watch on TV until last year, haha. I had to rely on DVDs and torrents.

In any case, while most finales leave me with an ache in my heart, this one just left me feeling warm fuzzies. I'm happy that everyone ended up truly happy and fulfilled and looking back on how far they've gone since the pilot, I love these character so damn much.

• Love 2

I was expecting to cry a little, but when Lassie broke that DVD, I completely lost it. That was probably my favorite part.

That part set me up to lose it when McNab finally got to be a detective; a great one-two punch!  The Feelz!

On a less tearful note - was Woody's reference to a third shoulderblade a shoutout to being an archangel on Supernatural?

Edited by Zalyn
  • Love 2

If we're admitting to tears, I started when we realised that Shawn's video was for Gus, and I didn't stop until the end credits.

The DVD scene especially made me emotion, as did Shawn proposing. Finally!

• Love 4

I will miss, you, Psych, but you left Santa Barbara in good hands.  And maybe you can hack the mystery of why, in the 21st centruy, I still needed exact change to ride the Muni.  (If they ever do a movie, you can use that, or you know, not.  Either way.)  Good luck to the crew and cast.

• Love 2

I'm still confused as to why Lassie broke the DVD Shawn made for him right before he confessed to not being psychic. Had he warmed up to him and wanted to live happily in ignorance?

• Love 2

This is very old, but I always thought the implication was that no one could ever actually confirm that Shawn wasn't a psychic. That would call into question all of the cases he closed while claiming to be a psychic and could possibly overturn any convictions as well. I thought that was why he never confirmed it to Chief Vick, too.