Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Self Help

halgia
  • Start Topic

Eugene is always watching. I guess since we lost the gentle, wise, Father Christmas in Hershel, we had to gain the creepy, stalker Santa in Eugene.

Maybe Mullet Boy is like The Jerk and is trying to figure out his pee-pee's "special purpose".

• Love 1

Maybe Mullet Boy is like The Jerk and is trying to figure out his pee-pee's "special purpose".

The combination of phrases "Mullet Boy", "Jerk", and "pee-pee" shot an image of Eugene and Prayin' Gabe exploring strange new options in the confessional I don't even want to attempt describing in text.  Excuse me while I go bleach my head now....

• Love 1
But after 5-10 years that thing needs to come out.  If I survive that long and there are no OBs in the new world, I don't want to think about that thing being left in indefinitely.

You can take em out yourself. Women on reality shows do it all the time.

It's possible but not recommended.  It has to be pulled out carefully at a certain angle and it's too easy to do it wrong and cause injury.  Also, an IUD can become embedded in the uterine wall and then you definitely need a doctor to remove it.

Nope, I wouldn't go near one of those things during a ZA.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

It's possible but not recommended.  It has to be pulled out carefully at a certain angle and it's too easy to do it wrong and cause injury.  Also, an IUD can become embedded in the uterine wall and then you definitely need a doctor to remove it.

Nope, I wouldn't go near one of those things during a ZA.

I've had three removed (the last one surgically because it was embedded) and even the normal removals were extremely painful. And I have a high pain tolerance.

• Love 1

LMAO I know the statement on its own isn't that funny but this is literally the first time I have heard ANYONE raise this objection to Abraham/Rosita at all. Which considering how many times I have seen that objection raised for Beth/Daryl is probably quadruple digits is it is downright hilarious ( I laugh cuz I learned a long time ago to laugh at fandom abusrdity because if you don't remember how truly absurd fandom can be it will make you crazy). Especially when you consider there is less of an age gap between Daryl and Beth even if you assume Daryl is actually the same age as Norman Reedus.

You're so right. I think the issue with Daryl/Beth is more about the fact that the character isn't supposed to be more than 20. I personally admit that I have a bit of squickiness when it comes to very young women being with significantly older guys-- or even by just 5 or 6 years. Just because those are such important developmental years, mentally, emotionally, socially. I assume Rosita is closer to 30 so that doesn't really bother me; she's old enough to make informed decisions. (Of course, we could also assume ZA years are akin to dog years, rendering all of these discussions moot)

I like Michael Cudlitz as an actor so this episode was tolerable for me. Looks like they are trying to make him the show's second lead hero. Eugene is hilarious to me, at times I feel like I am watching a Will Ferrell parody. Hope he doesn't die. No Beth this week so it's all good.

Edited by Mattipoo