Type keyword(s) to search

Scheduling: "Come Christmastime, we all seem to make it back home."

• Start Topic

I thought this would be a place where we could post schedules of what other channels have to offer in the way of reruns in light of GG withdrawal during the Yuletide season.

I also tweeting and Facebooking to the Hallmark channel regarding their decision.  Here is a link:https://www.facebook.com/hallmarkchannel and #BringBackGoldenGirls.  To me it will be the equivalent of getting a gift I don't have to bury in the backyard.

• Love 2

My husband recently passed away and, in my newly acquired insomniac ways, the Hallmark overnight/morning lineup has become my salvation.  And now I've lost it for 2 months (as we all have.)  I thought maybe the morning GG would remain, but no. 

I hate overly sentimental Christmas movies, I hate them even more now that I've lost the love of my life, and I can't understand who is watching this stuff before December anyway. 

I've got no additional scheduling info, but thanks for letting me complain (assuming the mods don't delete...)

• Love 6

Words are inadequate, but I'm sorry for your loss CousinOliver.

I hear ya.  I usually watch the 5-7 am block of episodes while I'm getting ready for work.  Who the heck needs to watch Christmas movies (prior to Thanksgiving!  But that's another issue...) that early in the morning?

Having to deal with Logo's commercial break edits is not a suitable Christmas gift.

• Love 1

CousinOliver, my sincere condolences for your loss.

I don't mind the occasional cheesy Christmas movie but two months worth of them is OTT. I'm amazed that the ratings for these things are good enough for Hallmark to schedule them every year!

ETA: The scheduling silliness is doubly annoying since Hallmark has a movie channel to which it can easily relegate these cheesy holiday films. In fact, they're showing Christmas movies on their movie channel, so I don't know why we have to lose GG for two months.

Edited by Gillian Rosh

Thanks for your condolences.  I'm sure I'll adjust in time, but it's still a shock. 

GG is definitely better on DVD, without commercials or pesky edits, and friends of mine have offered me their extra set, but part of the attraction is having the TV never shut off.  With my DVD player, I'll eventually get to dead air.  Still, better than no GG. 

• Love 2

So now that the new year is finally here, it seems as if Hallmark will return to its senses. The Girls will be on tonight at eleven p.m. EST. Their website is really annoying, btw. For some reason they have a very loud ad about their movies that I can't block.

• Love 1

Yes, which was rather disappointing recently when the Dish program guide said I'd be getting the episode with Jean.  I don't remember what aired instead, and it was probably an episode I like very well since we're on the early seasons, but that's one of my favorites.

So, I have a question - they ran the series finale the other night, and I was expecting Hallmark to go back to the beginning as they usually do, only they're running episodes from various seasons instead. They're running the second half of Sick And Tired right now, and I'm wondering what's going on. Does anyone have any information about this peculiar change?

It might be because Hallmark isn't airing the show again until after Valentine's Day, as they're showing all romantic movies, all the time, for the next two weeks. 

Well, FML. Like two whole months of Christmas movies wasn't bad enough? Thanks for the info, Stinger97.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 1

I'm having only hate-hate toward Hallmark Channel. All Valentine's Day movies? On a normal day, Hallmark is a Valentine's movie marathon, except for when they show GG, The Middle and Fraser. Now, they're taking over the entire schedule with that crap? Ugh!

Or an attached girl that just HATES these ridiculous holidays. It's so hard to watch this show on television anymore, I have pretty much given up. It can be background noise, but, I know it will be brutally slaughtered and sliced to bits. Just get the DVD's. It's not hard if you know what to do to find it online, but, just get the DVD's.. 

Ok people, brace yourselves.  Today, August 18th, Hallmark ran an ad for their 24/7 Christmas movies that will begin on October 31.  

Halloween isn't even on my radar yet, and I'm certainly not in the mood for Christmas.  But I'm definitely not ready for the idea of being deprived of the Girls for 2 months.