Type keyword(s) to search

AS4, S10: Fabio Costa

• Start Topic

And I love the way Fabio dresses.

I love it too and he has a very winning personality.  But I wish his designs looked more like his own personal style - he always looks so amazing but I never found his designs all that striking.  The jumpsuit that won the challenge was pretty but I didn't find it anywhere near as interesting or downtown as what he was wearing.

He always does look amazing, doesn't he? I don't want to sound like an idiot but what would you call his style? His long tunics and skirts and coats kind of make me think of the Hassidic. No disrespect intended, I know nothing about fashion, just what I like to look at. And I like to look at him!

I mean the clothes that he himself wears. I'm in Southern California, nobody dresses like that. We are relentlessly casual out here, so my east coast friends say.

Fabio is very sensual to me. Not sexual, but earthy, sensual, heady spiritualism. He looks like a cross between Nostradamus, a little something South American, etc. I find his presence is what defines him more than his clothes - I think that is what you are sensing from him. With his buttery voice and knowing appearance, he seems older than his years in a good way.

Perhaps Fabio is the one who's supposed to win this season, since he should have won season 10?

I love Dmitry, but come on, Fabio's collection was more cohesive and original and I still think Dmitry won because he was such a gentleman, as Michael Kors even said.

I was rooting for Dmitry TO win, but Fabio's collection should have pulled the day.

Hopefully, this is HIS "redemption arc." He would deserve it way more than Anthony Ryan - hell, more than any of the other 3 previous all star winners.

Edited by PepperMonkey

I took another look at his collection for the finale, and, I have to admit, it was very attractive and well-designed (from what I could tell).  His designs are very different from Dmitry's and I think there is plenty of room in the fashion world for both of them.  He could have a good chance at winning this if he doesn't goof up on some silly challenge, and, frankly, I'd be fine with that.  I like Dmitry but, if I had the money, I'd wear a design by Fabio. 

Perhaps Fabio is the one who's supposed to win this season, since he should have won season 10?

I love Dmitry, but come on, Fabio's collection was more cohesive and original and I still think Dmitry won because he was such a gentleman, as Michael Kors even said.

I was rooting for Dmitry TO win, but Fabio's collection should have pulled the day.

Hopefully, this is HIS "redemption arc." He would deserve it way more than Anthony Ryan - hell, more than any of the other 3 previous all star winners.

TBH the producers will probably pick the one person we least need to win, like Michelle, Krazy Kate, possibly Justin...basically someone we hate and or doesn't deserve to be here. I can't really think of anyone else to put in the fish bowl. Now that Alexandria is gone Helen can't pull spazz fests, Jay was and still is a dope (seriously, go read his rants on Mila), Chris doesn't really need it and who knows why Dmitry came back. And Sonjia is filler food for my screen.

I took another look at his collection for the finale, and, I have to admit, it was very attractive and well-designed (from what I could tell). His designs are very different from Dmitry's and I think there is plenty of room in the fashion world for both of them. He could have a good chance at winning this if he doesn't goof up on some silly challenge, and, frankly, I'd be fine with that. I like Dmitry but, if I had the money, I'd wear a design by Fabio.

I liked Fabio's collection but you can find a lot of similar stuff at Anthropologie or one of those high end bohemian stores in North Hollywood people love to shop in. Don't forget the bowels of Etsy either... Edited by BathKol
  • Love 1

I liked Fabio's collection but you can find a lot of similar stuff at Anthropologie or one of those high end bohemian stores in North Hollywood people love to shop in. Don't forget the bowels of Etsy either...

I can't afford to shop very much so I wasn't aware of that.  I don't find window shopping much fun without being able to buy something. Apologies for my ignorance, but I still liked Fabio's runway collection..

Edited by dialyn

I can't afford to shop very much so I wasn't aware of that. I don't find window shopping much fun without being able to buy something. Apologies for my ignorance, but I still liked Fabio's runway collection..

No worries! I live in Southern Cali so you see, well, a little bit of everything. I'm not into bohemian astral hippie and there's plenty of them that live in Hollyweird and Venice Beach, beads, dreads, and cannabis smell.

When you get closer to central and northern California you run into the hipsters...those species of people who practically live in Apple stores and think having piercings in places which should not be pierced is totally cool and fringe and shit. I just laugh, because they all look ridiculous and next week will be doing something totally different.

I love Free People stuff but can't or won't pay their price, and many pieces are cheap fabric. Fabio reminds me a bit of that type of clothing but much better-and probably more expensive :) I will root for him, along with Dmitri. None of the women interest me at all this time. Some sicken me, lol.

Isn't Free People that one brand that's like, a mix between American Apparel and Venice Beach grunge cart? Lots of wife beater tees and ripped up jeans that cost more than they made them for (China imports)?

I can't afford to shop very much so I wasn't aware of that.  I don't find window shopping much fun without being able to buy something. Apologies for my ignorance, but I still liked Fabio's runway collection..

Don't feel bad. I am familiar and I agree with you.

Has anyone else noticed Fabio's fingertips? The nails looked marked, in some way. Does anyone know what that is?

It could be from handling fabric dye over long periods of time. The cloth smiths of Zanzibar have indigo hands and fingers from soaking linen in big tubs of dye. However, I think it's a weird form of tattooing I've heard about where they mark the skin beneath your nails for the crescent moon look... I have to look next time I'm watching.

He really dodged a bullet. I was sad to see Gunnar go, but I would have been even more sad to lose Fabio.

Ironically, he was the one who told Sonja about one of her fabrics not being brocade, and then the judges questioned whether his fabric was actually denim.

I didn't hate the dress, or the necklace repurposed as a headpiece, but the rest of the styling was a mess.