Type keyword(s) to search

"The Colbert Report": Week of 10/27/14

10/27/14 Meredith Vieira - “The Meredith Vieira Show”
10/28/14 Michael Lewis - 25th Anniversary Of “Liar's Poker”
10/29/14 Jill Lepore - Author, “The Secret History Of Wonder Woman”
10/30/14 David Miliband - Former British Foreign Secretary & CEO, International Rescue Committee

• Love 1

How on earth do the people of Texas 1st look at Gohmert and send him back to Congress? Have they no pride at all? Are they immune to embarrassment? Surely a roadkill armadillo would do a more creditable job! Vote Roadkill 2014!

• Love 5

I enjoyed the interview with Viera. Loved Stephen's explanation for why it's called "The View."

Yeah, that was fun. She scored a couple of hits herself, as with the joke about being her real self on camera as as opposed to <looks at Stephen>, and the awards contest was great.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat

as with the joke about being her real self on camera as as opposed to <looks at Stephen>, and the awards contest was great.

I find myself thinking two things--I can't believe it's almost December, and I wonder how hard it will be for him to behave out of character, since he's been "Stephen" for so long.

She said she won 14 Emmys, but imDb only shows 11.  No matter.  But I was afraid they might get down to sixth-grade gym medals.

What I don't get is how the pigeon shooting provision got added in the first place. When you're cravenly beholden to an organization with as irrationally paranoid as the NRA, don't you run every piece of legislation past them in advance?

Mere human reason is insufficient to identify every possible, tenuous slippery slope to the overnight collapse of all human freedom that those guys can find in anything. It's what they do.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat

Excellent show. I haven't been watching the news lately, so I hadn't seen the video of the Canadian parliament or heard the explanation of what exactly the Sargent-At-Arms did. Seeing the ovation, I was tearing up as he was tearing up. Also, I loved all the Canadian jokes from Stephen, including saying "Sorry."

• Love 7