Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Check Out

The drug stuff is still boring as hell, but that scene with Norman and Caleb at the end of the episode was so good! Why can't this show always be that good?? They're supposed to be showing us how he came to be the Norman Bates he was in Psycho, and all this side stuff is so "meh". Yeah, I get that the freaking bypass is somewhat relevant -- it was mentioned in the movie, and obviously its being built affects Norma's emotional state, which then affects Norman's emotional state --  but obviously the central premise of this show is Norman & Norma. That moment where we see his personality split actually made me sit up and say, "Oh, shit!" Can we assume that's what might have happened when he supposedly killed Miss Watson? I want to know more!

• Love 1

I dunno, I thought shirtless Dylan was pretty good.  </shallow>

But yeah, a dirty little secret of mine is that I like this show, but I can't stay awake for the whole episode the first time.  Monday is not a good night for me for staying awake for the slow parts.  I always have to go back and watch it On Demand to see what I missed.

Thank you for the Twop-er welcome!

I loved shirtless Dylan.

The three Bates characters are my favorites, but I do wonder if Dylan will meet an early demise. When he was drunk in the truck, for a second I thought he was toast.

The drug stuff is still boring as hell, but that scene with Norman and Caleb at the end of the episode was so good

I know the drug stuff is important to give us a feel of the town and to give Dylan something to do, but wow do I not care about it. Are we going to find out about Ms.Watsons murder? Or more about the human trafficking?

• Love 2

I believe that the Sheriff will find out that Norman was involved with Ms. Watson's death and it will be a negotiating point whenever Norma needs another favor.....like stashing another dead body or something.

I like Dylan and sort feel bad for the guy. Glad he got his cash back fom Uncle Dad.

What an intense episode.Norman started having flashes of Norma and Caleb and was freaking out on Cody and wanting to leave. He really was going to leave it alone until he heard Norma and Dylan talking about it. At this point I don't really know who to believe or what really happened but I'm sure we'll find out at some point. I just knew that New Gil was going to fuck with Romero somehow and he really game out with guns blazing. He was spot on in his assessment of him when he confronted him. Can't wait to see how Romero handles this idiot.

It looks like NuGil is going to be run over from the previews.  Who is gonna be the driver?  Norman is just learning to drive, Dylan has proven he has no problem running bad guys over and we all know how crazy Norma can get behind the wheel.

This is the first episode where I've really felt the balance of crazy shift over to Norman and away from Norma. In the first season I thought Norma was by far the more unstable of between the two but putting the murder of Norman's father aside, she just seemed able and willing to freak out over the slightest thing whereas Norman's main struggles seemed to be dealing with Norma's drama in addition to going through typical adolescent stuff. This season I'm at the point where I'm nervous anytime Norman is left alone with anyone because I know it's going to be creepy in some way and I like that. I think the show does a really excellent job of creating that constant feeling of foreboding.

I think that Norma is either leaving something out regarding the story of the rape and Dylan's parentage or maybe she's even flat out lying about some element of it but something about the way she was curious to know what Caleb said to Dylan made me think that she was concerned that she might be contradicted with a different, possibly even more hurtful (but true) story.

I feel bad that I actually forgot about the human trafficking storyline. Miss watson's murder isn't all that intriguing to me either. I can understand why they feel like they have to incorporate these other storylines to give the town a dark feel but I definitle watch the show because of the family drama and the trio of Norma, Norman, and Dylan. 

I've counted 13 deaths so far. 

Norma was so goofy telling her little Grand Canyon joke. I like when they show her less serious side (like when she rolled her eyes when Norman told her that the only reason he and Bradley weren't going out on proper dates was because Bradley was still mourning her father).