Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: An Honest Woman

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Damnit, when Sergeant Platt said, "It's good to see you again" all of a sudden the room got a little dusty.

Also, it looks like Justin has turned his life around. I didn't care much for his storyline, but here's hoping that he brings less angst into Hank's life.

When Erin thought the lawyer was asking her out to dinner, I notice that she didn't say she already has a boyfriend. Is she no longer dating Severide? Given his drinking problems, that actually wouldn't be surprising.

This episode gave me so many feels...Jason Beghe proved why he is the shows leading man. He says so much with such little movement if you know what I mean. I knew when he was searching the bads that it was more then the money he was looking for. And then seeing him get all emotional with Justin at the end... Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

Please Justin and Olive don't mess this up...

Loved the little scene where Erin knows he doesn't want her advice but tells him what he would tell her. Loved her smile as she left his office because she knew he was going to do as she said.

Also, nice to have scenes with Alivin and Voight. Alvin seems to be his right hand man when it comes to all the backhanded stuff. Nice to see Platt and Voight share a moment too.

On a sidenote, I don't get what's going on with Antonio this season. I feel like the writers regretted their choice to have him married last season but now they don't know how to write him as not married so they're just not explaining it at all. It's not true to his character to ignore his children though so I hope they start explaining where this is going soon so that it makes sense.

Who didn't expect that the wife would become an issue... eyeroll.

I liked the Burgess/Roman sideplot for a change. It was nice and I'm starting to like that partnership. I also like Atwater/Ruzek working together as the junior members of the team.

No shock there that Burgess/Ruzek relationship has been sussed by Platt :lol:

I heart this ep. It had a little bit of everybody. And played to all their strengths. This show gets better every week. While Chicago Fire is a sinking, repetitive, directionless ship.

When they got to Voights and were asking what was missing from the wall in Voight's basement. And Olinsky said something like, "it looks like a safe shaped hole", I was laughing so hard I didn't even hear the next couple of lines.

• Love 2

I'm confused (nothing new) but where did Hank get all that money?  

He is a dirty cop. I assume that is the street tax, the money he takes off of various criminals in exchange for not arresting them. 

The pregnancy storyline is kind of interesting. I hope there isn't any kind of drama about whether or not Justin is the father, since that would be a kind of refreshing change from what you usually see on TV.

I heart this ep. It had a little bit of everybody. And played to all their strengths. This show gets better every week. While Chicago Fire is a sinking, repetitive, directionless ship.

When they got to Voights and were asking what was missing from the wall in Voight's basement. And Olinsky said something like, "it looks like a safe shaped hole", I was laughing so hard I didn't even hear the next couple of lines.

Actually, that was Ruzek's line, IIRC.  Olinsky then gave him one of those "no shit, Sherlock" type looks and said, "Nah, it's for a popcorn machine."  Olinsky, in an incredibly bad mood said, "Your boss is missing.  Get to work, patrolman!"

• Love 1

Am I the only one who believes Olive is bad news, in general?  Hope they don't do the soapy paternity routine but giving up financial information to her "friend" and letting the thugs in?  Playing Hank for cash with her little sob stories?  It appeared Antonio flashed a screen shot of her friend when the guy said that a woman had given him $50 and told him to torch the van but IDK about her.

And the name of the episode was "An Honest Woman"!  Almost wondered if they were referring to various women and possibly even Hank's late wife.  Sounds like more drama ahead for Justin - surprise, surprise!

Yes, that was a terrific, additional use for a baseball bat in the bar!  Way to cut them off at the knees, Hank! 

He is a dirty cop. I assume that is the street tax, the money he takes off of various criminals in exchange for not arresting them.

Yes, I assumed at least part of those funds consisted of the street tax (or at least his cut, if he earns one from IA, lol!) but I'm not sure we know the real, overall answer on Hank, yet.  Or, have the writers even finished that arc?

They started the character off as a baddy on Fire and then rehabilitated him (or it seemed that way) when PD started and he was cooperating with IA.

So, is he holding the cash to continue using it on the street for the good of Chicagoans?  Is that why it's in the safe instead of in his personal bank account?  Or, does he not trust banks so he stashes his salary, too and gave Olive clean $$$ from that?

Or, did I just fall asleep and miss it when they answered those questions for the viewers?  It does feel as if they did an about-face of sorts with his character when PD began.  Otherwise, how could they trust him to run a department?

Did someone voucher all that cash?  Erin or Olinsky, lol???  They naturally knew to keep the investigation of his kidnapping and the home invasion on the dl.

To be continued, IMHO ...

Edited by aguabella

So, is he holding the cash to continue using it on the street for the good of Chicagoans?  Is that why it's in the safe instead of in his personal bank account?  Or, does he not trust banks so he stashes his salary, too and gave Olive clean $$$ from that?

Did someone voucher all that cash?  Erin or Olinsky, lol???  They naturally knew to keep the investigation of his kidnapping and the home invasion on the dl.

Might be difficult to take stacks of unexplainable cash to the bank.

As far as the cash being evidence, I thought about it. But the fact that they now have the guy on murder that the whole squad witnessed probably makes it less of an issue. At worse they can say items from the safe were not recovered. If he doesn't get convicted of robbery, murder of a cooperating witness would send him to prison for a long time.

Yes, I assumed at least part of those funds consisted of the street tax (or at least his cut, if he earns one from IA, lol!) but I'm not sure we know the real, overall answer on Hank, yet.  Or, have the writers even finished that arc?

They started the character off as a baddy on Fire and then rehabilitated him (or it seemed that way) when PD started and he was cooperating with IA.

Or, did I just fall asleep and miss it when they answered those questions for the viewers?  It does feel as if they did an about-face of sorts with his character when PD began.  Otherwise, how could they trust him to run a department?

To be continued, IMHO ...

I agree.  They haven't told us, the viewers, if he's dirty or clean.  The apparent about-face from his character on Chicago Fire was confusing.

WRT the cash, no explanation (to the banking authorities)  is required if it's deposited in chunks less than 10K, assuming nobody notices repetitive $9.9K deposits!  Unfortunately, an explanation to his employers is another story