Type keyword(s) to search

American Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I liked Francine organizing the layout of a dinner party with personalized chess pieces and horse tranquilizers. We finally got to see Nerfer!

Klaus managed to ruin Francine's parties (especially her real party for bad bitches) by actually becoming interesting. Petty, jealous Francine is hilarious Francine. Klaus giving her a self-improvement regimen based on Mark Wahlberg's lifestyle seems like something he'd do. Wasn't expecting that he'd actually hypnotize people to love him. Succeeding in taking over all of Langley in two months has to be the most evil plan he's ever pulled.

• Love 1

Lmao at Francine getting high on tranquilizers and going Queen’s Gambit to do the seating arrangements.

Okay, Klaus hypnotizing the whole town was a twist I didn’t see coming. It might have been more interesting if he really was improving himself, but then I forget how this show has committed to being batshit crazy.

On 3/7/2022 at 8:36 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Lmao at Francine getting high on tranquilizers and going Queen’s Gambit to do the seating arrangements.

That was a great gag ending with them talking at the end. As soon as they panned up, I knew what was coming. 

Did we know Tuttle's name was Al? Have they said asshole on the show before either?

There's a lot of callbacks. Klaus' rap outfit, his 'corner' in the kitchen. This was when we finally see Nerfa too. Weird seeing Roger driving Stan's SUV. 

On 3/7/2022 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

Petty, jealous Francine is hilarious Francine.

It doesn't happen as much as Stan pulling dumb plans, but Franny goes off the rails fast when she goes. 

On 3/7/2022 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

Klaus giving her a self-improvement regimen based on Mark Wahlberg's lifestyle seems like something he'd do.

I liked use of Good Vibrations. That's a reach back. 

• Love 1

Love how Stan acts like a little kid at the firehouse open house. Of course being an actual firefighter wasn't worth throwing a tantrum over.

Francine's obsession with fire and World's Fairs were totally in character for her and I loved that. I liked Stan was able to analyze Francine's entire life throughout the series through the barn fire she caused. Burnt Stan at the end was horrifying.

"We prefer to be called Friends of The Flame. And Firefucker." You gotta love that, and Francine rapping Cypress Hill to a menorah.

I thought Roger's plot was dumb until he got Steve involved. I was hoping to see Tuttle in the audience for one of his shows.

It was nice to see Reggie again, if only for a moment.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

That last scene—YUCK. I need lotion just from seeing Stan burned like that.

Only Francine would become a pyromaniac at the same time Stan becomes a firefighter. She’s insane, but we love her for it.

When will they ever learn: NEVER get Roger involved in ANYTHING. I enjoyed him getting impaled by the audience throwing knives at the end though. He’s had that coming for ages.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

When they ever learn: NEVER get Roger involved in ANYTHING. I enjoyed him getting impaled by the audience throwing knives at the end though. He’s had that coming for ages.

We'll see that Air Guitar Contest eventually.

• Love 1

I'm not surprised, but I didn't see Franny getting horny for the fire coming. When did Franny have her vagine in a museum?!

I kept wondering who was doing the lighting in Roger's show. 

I still want to know why Hayley wrote an environmental report. 

https://www.vulture.com/2022/04/tbs-tnt-scripted-tv-shows-canceled.html

On April 8, 2022, Discovery, Inc., purchased WarnerMedia from AT&T for the very Twitter-y sum of $43 billion. And on April 26, Variety reported that the new mutant company known as Warner Bros. Discovery will be shutting down scripted television series development at two WarnerMedia cable channels, TBS and TNT. Discovery has yet to announce how these cuts will affect already-existing scripted series at the channels, including The Last O.G., Miracle Workers, Chad, and American Dad at TBS and Snowpiercer and Animal Kingdom (which has its final season in June) at TNT.

No word on how this affects AD yet, but not good news.

Not the best of news, but it's still early. It certainly sounds bad on the surface.

But these are big companies involved, and TBS and TNT have become smaller and smaller parts of this conglomerate. It may be that WB is deciding to finally close the TBS/TNT books for good, which would involve shutting down their production groups. 

Hopefully it means they'll look at the shows (5-6 shows, one of which is already cancelled), deciding what ones to keep and rolling the keepers over to a more generic production house they already have. (I'd say something under the CW umbrella, but I think that's being sold off). 

The show strikes me as rather inexpensive to produce and you don't need to worry about continuity, etc.; it just kind of rolls on. 

What are they going to air on these channels if they're shutting down the scripted shows department?

And we're back!

So we had a Klaus/Lewis story, AND a Wheels & The Legman story? I was hyped. I wish there was more to the Klaus/Lewis story, but I like where it ended up. I felt just like Lewis when he was at the bar. I'm old.

Man, that whole scene with the animals killing the cult members was brutal as hell. I loved that Steve still had has gore injuries at the end.

"2020, great year. Not sure how it was for wine, though."

Also: Stan, Francine, and Hayley weren't in this episode AT ALL. Is that a first? Or at least the first in a while?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Also: Stan, Francine, and Hayley weren't in this episode AT ALL. Is that a first? Or at least the first in a while?

Not sure. The only other time I can think of was “Escape from Pearl Bailey” but they did at least have one quick scene with only Stan speaking.

Do they have Albertsons in the east? I've only seen them in the west. 

That was actually a well put together plot with figuring out it was the deer, but the cult still was behind it all. 

I really could have used more Lewis and The Fish in Cabo though. New show?

This was a weird episode. The family lands on an island and forget everything about themselves and society, and have only an episode of Murphy Brown and a commercial for nuts to learn from. It gave me vibes of that B-plot where Klaus was forced to memorize that Vegas hotel reel. 

Honestly, Hayley looked good without the headband.

I did like how everyone knew about Magnetic Island except for the Smiths, and Klaus still has the car he won in "Lumberjerk."

• Love 1

"A Song of Knives and Fire". Stan and Francine inject some much-needed fire into their relationship. Meanwhile, Roger has a knife-throwing show in the attic.

I haven't watched for since they left Fox, but I needed something to do while waiting for the newest ep of Rick and Morty. Did they change the voice actors or does the new company have inferior recording studios to those at Fox?  Everyone sounded different to me for some reason.

I thought the pumpkin pie mix was rancid and made them bonkers. The magnets made more sense. For all the aspects of the commercial, I liked how they interpreted that Tiffany's boyfriend was bad somehow. 

That was a lot pumpkin pie mix. 

On the morning show clips, one of the women was racing a giraffe. 

I don't know how old everyone is, but the VHS case with the diagonal stripes on it was spot on. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 2

"Oh right, my son! And his eight siblings!"

I can relate to the mom not getting anyone to swim with her. I knew that Jumpers was evil. And could talk. Francine continues to be awesome.

Loved everyone falling in love with Jumpers. "It's green, like the story says!" And then they got bored again.

Okay, got a big laugh out of Klaus jumping off the table and shattering his cup. Twice. I loved Jeff just being annoyed by having to deal with Klaus, and no one coming to save him.

Was there always a champagne cooler under the couch cushions? And a toolbox?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

I loved Jeff just being annoyed by having to deal with Klaus, and no one coming to save him.

Even Jeff has his breaking point: “You left me with Klaus, you perfidious fucks!” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I knew that Jumpers sounded familiar but when I saw it was Jason Isaacs, I burst out laughing.

Poor Greg, he just wanted some sleep. 

• Love 1
On 9/19/2022 at 8:36 PM, Spartan Girl said:

“You left me with Klaus, you perfidious fucks!”

Just sticking the landing on a bizarre out there episode. I wish TBS let that f bomb go through. Perfect. 

How brilliant was the Trojan Frog?

Hey, Jason Isaacs, you like doing some voice over work, no?
Sure! What's the gig?
A murderous frog on American Dad. 
Book it.

I took care of the pool growing up. I tested it every day; pH, chlorine concentration. That pool was liquid glass. 

Franny looked good in that bikini. 

On 9/19/2022 at 8:31 PM, Galileo908 said:

Jumpers was evil. And could talk.

Not exactly. They were looking for a host for the birth cycle. The GCC professor explained the whole deal. 

What I liked about the 'talking' was Franny was saying 'ribbit ribbit' to Jumpers and he was answering back, from the pov of the rest of the family.

• Love 1

I love when Stan and Francine are supportive of Steve. To the point of being obsessed with Milk Girl that they made shirts that said "MILK GIRL IS IN OUR FAMILY NOW". Milk Girl was literally Reese Witherspoon. Didn't see that coming.

Oh wow, it's the girl from Independent Movie! I was wondering if it was the same girl. I hope they become a couple.

Nice to see Philidelphia finally get Dadded. Principal Lewis was perfect as the teacher for AP Philly. Of course he gets drunk and his buddy disappears with the bus. Loved that Roger was literally the Rocky statue,

Man, Snot just seemed more ignorant of the world than Steve usually is. Not knowing what money looks like, or what eggs or grapes are.

• Love 1

Just when I thought I’ve seen everything when it comes to Roger’s personas, he stands in for the Rocky Philadelphia statue.

So this was basically a spoof of When Harry Met Sally, complete with the couple interviews.

Lol Stan and Francine were so invested in Milk Girl aka Reese Witherspoon that they filled their pool with milk. Good thing Hayley got high and ordered all that cereal. Too bad they couldn’t get the real Reese Witherspoon to voice herself, that would have been funny. 

So I wonder who voiced Independent Movie girl this time, because it couldn’t have been Eliot Page.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

Philthy-delphia!

I was surprised that Roger *wasn't* a chaperone. They pulled the reveal on Reese early too. The strip club was Pepperoni Tony's! And Dr. Buttblast's Atomic Hot Sauce at the restaurant!

Seriously, no one screams like Scott Grimes. 

When's the last time Tuttle was on? 

I liked how Steve was talking to Stan and Franny with both talking on land lines in bed.  

Foxy Ali had better be recurring, even if only mentioned like Tenuda. 

• Love 1

I loved that montage of Roger's car accidents over the years, set to R&B music by Terry Crews.

I wasn't expecting Roger to prove he can drive by commandeering a Soso's Pizza, which is actually a spaceship, to make an impromptu space adventure. With a Future Roger showing up who wanted to slam everyone into the sun. Also, I liked Roger dressed as Seth MacFarlane's character from The Orville. 

Loved Roger managing to slam into a Tesla IN SPACE, and that same Tesla slamming int Future Roger.

"Everyone and their grandma knows about The Reckoning!" I loved Francine knowing about obscure space science, like Sun Madness. 

• Love 1

Roger abducts the family into space just to prove he’s not a bad driver. And Future Roger comes to drive them into the sun. Must be Monday.

1 minute ago, Galileo908 said:

"Everyone and their grandma knows about The Reckoning!" I loved Francine knowing about obscure space science, like Sun Madness. 

Not to mention the space time temporal. 

The two Rogers battle of wits made me laugh if only to have Steve scream, “Would you just kill each other already?!” Honestly I wouldn’t have blamed them if they send both Rogers spiraling into the sun; Steve is right, the family is too forgiving. But he at least got them home, so…

• Love 1
On 10/3/2022 at 8:30 PM, Galileo908 said:

I loved that montage of Roger's car accidents over the years, set to R&B music by Terry Crews.

One of the scenes was when they played the Cilantro song. I could not breathe I was laughing so hard. I used to sing it to my dog all the time. El gato no es bueno! 

• Love 2

Such a weird episode. Stan played on the softball team for ten years but never did anything in games because he's scared of the ball. I can relate.

Francine's plot was also weird. She could bust through the floor of a porta potty but not enough to break herself out? But being chased around the country before being stored in a giant warehouse a la Raiders was absurdidty that only this show could pull off.

It was really good to see the CIA gang again. Loved it when we actually got to hear Patrick Stewart sing "Centerfield."

When Steve said, "I'd like to hear that" re:Bullock and Centerfield; I said, they'd better have that. You're not having Patrick Stewart in the episode and just dropping it. 

Minimal Roger tonight, but he knew right where Stan was. 

I love pretzels at baseball games, so I liked Klaus enjoying his snack.

Dead malls are incredible sad, so no surprise that Roger is in charge of taking care of one.

I knew there was going to be some twist with Mr. Javits, but being an undead warlock feeds souls to the mall was the last thing I was expecting. I was also not expecting him to have the voice he had. Was he also voiced by Scott Grimes? Of course Roger was jealous of Steve getting Mr. Javitz’s attention over him.

The mannequins turning out to be the bodies that the mail already ate was a legit unsettling twist. 

Fishy Got Fingered really was a fun name for the food truck. A funny, sex pun name really is half the work of attracting customers.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

I watched on TBS.com, there was no opening theme? 

I kind of miss the mall sometimes. You had to get ready, actually go somewhere. That mall was sad. I can't imagine how the suit guy sold anything even though he's bound to the mall. 

They had an 'Orange Augustus' at the food court. And 'Donut Whore' for one of the trucks. 

I wasn't expecting Javitz to be a warlock. No one screams like Scott Grimes. 

The food trucks around here do not have sex pun names, and I do not like them. 'Broadway Pizza'. Come on. 

Hey, Barry’s parents again!

”my dad loves his stereo more than poonani! His words!”

Of course Roger is the weirdo Craigslist speaker guy. Not only being into swords and having a parrot, the Rush song he demos is Working Man of all songs. I appreciate that the show went the realistic route of Barry lawyering up the moment Roger started stalking him, and Roger calling the cops on Barry the moment he went in revenge mode on his apartment.

I loved that Stan got the backflip on the first try, but Jeff’s “craft ice cube” screws it up for him. And then he can ONLY backflip is a twist only this show pulls off.

Front facing Roger gave me the creeps.

Just now, Spartan Girl said:

Buff Barry freaked me out. But even when he’s not on his meds, Barry is not someone you want to push to the limit.

Yeah I’m surprised we didn’t get Evil Barry again.

I wonder if Toshi will talk again, or was that just for the episode?

• Love 1

I'm not used to Gary Cole playing 'swinging' characters on American Dad or Family Guy. It was jarring to hear his voice at first. 

Did Barry always have his license? 

I liked the show, but have we seen the Smiths not part of the main plot? I guess Roger, but he was a character. 

I need the backstory of Stan constantly being sold crabs without any meat. That was some good animation of cracking open the crabs.

Lol Stan’s finally busted for crashing into the flagpole every week. Unrepentant asshole Stan was pretty funny here. All of his ideas for the Girl Scouts were terrible and didn’t succeed. I got a laugh at the “Strangled by GIRLS” sticker on the turkey legs.

I liked that the robots the Girl Scouts built were all references: noticed Robbie The Robot, A Power Loader, and K-9. I loved that Roger and Hayley built the butler robot from Rocky IV.

Filibuster Q Jorgensen sounded so much like a Roger name, I was so disappointed that it was just a guy.

Steve’s side plot was weird, but strangely relatable. We all have our weird little worlds that we retreat into, I liked that everyone around him notices when he does that.

• Love 1

I liked that the built the whole plot around Stan crashing into the flag pole. 

I know Stan is boorish, but he was a little much with the troop at first. Of course, he reversed it and made it all about him. And the little robot was clapping!

Steve's vignettes into Camelot were hilariously banal. Which lead to the salad therapist. 

• Love 1

“Another secret: huevos is Spanish for eggs and baaaalllls.” Loved Klaus. He’s also still trying to get with Danuta. And we got to see Danuta! She lives with Nerfer and they’re into bats!

I totally relate to Jeff to bring a people pleaser. Not to the extent of staying up all night to masterfully make a Spanish style breakfast for the whole family, but I also have a hard time saying no.

Stan’s Chicken Baby plot was weird. Just how long was that CIA costume party going on for, anyway?

• Love 1

I totally relate to Jeff to bring a people pleaser. Not to the extent of staying up all night to masterfully make a Spanish style breakfast for the whole family, but I also have a hard time saying no.

This is me as well.

Oh Jeff. He’s dumb as a stick but his heart is so damn big.

• Love 2

I didn't know you could say 'jerking off' on cable. 
I liked the callback to Klaus and Danuta with him making a mixtape off the radio. 

Jeff's phone picture of Hayley is her on the can. 

I don't think Jeff is as dumb as he is totally burnt all the time. 

• Love 2

All I wanted was to hear Stan say "jambalaya." Instead everyone said "screw this" and broke off and did their own plots. Roger got drunk and destroyed Francine's garden and kept getting distracted, Stan & Hayley meeting the most boring influencer of all time, Steve & Klaus ghostwriting a script for John Cena.

God, I loved Julius. It was just a tiny baby gator, but he was amazing. I loved how much everyone loved Julius, Even John Cena.

"Face it, Francine: you've got a brown thumb. And not the sexy kind."

We finally have some lore about why Stan doesn't go to work: "Bullock's using again."

All in all, loved this episode. I never would have guessed an episode starting with Francine trying to grow tomatoes would end with a movie trailer with John Cena and a fuckable alligator 

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

So they didn’t get the real Jon Cena and Paul Rudd to cameo, did they? It didn’t sound like them.

Only on this show can a frozen alligator be thawed alive and wind up being Cena’s long lost pet.

We finally have some lore about why Stan doesn't go to work: "Bullock's using again."

I laughed at that bit.

I don't remember a Stan/Hayley plot for a while. This is one where their plot might have been the A plot. I liked Stan complimenting Hayley when she asked about watching the Pirates game. 

I usually like Franny & Roger but not at odds. When they're both feeding their crazy. Although them getting into it with Steve and Klaus screaming at them was funny. Franny didn't know what animal-wallet meant. 

I never noticed Steve has an iPod plugged in on the end table. 

Roger covering the alligator's ears was brilliant. And then he was on the little pillow in the wagon! The tux wins though.

I'm disappointed Cena just stole the idea for the movie and didn't just buy the concept from Steve. 

• Love 2
On 11/23/2022 at 9:03 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

Jeff's phone picture of Hayley is her on the can. 

I think we've seen that before.  And yes, I always find it funny.

The last bunch of episodes have been pretty good.  I love the call back to the alligator just looking like a Julius.  Also it's usually a mark of a good episode when Stan and Hayley team up.  Thinking back, a lot of my favorite episodes have them working together.