Type keyword(s) to search

Wes Gibbins: The Boy Who Lived (Or Did He?)

Homes should be ashamed of himself for trying to compare his brief relationship with an actual marriage. We're talking about maybe 3-6 months from the time they met to her disappearance.

I like Wes, but I have to agree. He had a brief fling with Rebecca. It's not the same as being in a long-term relationship. Maybe she was his first love (which, blech!). That's the only explanation I have.

It would be nice if they gave Wes something to do other than pine after Rebecca. Just don't have him slobbering over another client.

My problem with Wes is that, I don't know if it's the acting or the writing or the directing, but I never got the sense that Wes and Rebecca were in love.  Sure they hooked up a few times, but neither of them really trusted the other.  So I never got the great love vibe from either of them.  

• Love 1

One of these days I hope we're lucky enough to retitled this thread, "Wes Gibbons:The Boy Who Died (Thankfully)"

I watch a lot of television, and he is the most annoying character of all the shows.

Edited by Skyline
  • Love 2

I just started watching this on the Netflix. Wes acts entirely with his neck. He's like ET the lawyer. If you told me Wes has actually been blind this whole time I'd be like, that makes sense.

Edited by Megan
  • Love 4

One of these days I hope we're lucky enough to retitled this thread, "Wes Gibbons: The Boy Who Died (Thankfully)"

I watch a lot of television, and he is the most annoying character of all the shows.

I totally disagree. I watch a lot of TV too and there are characters much worse than Wes. Case in point: Olivia & Fitz on Scandal, another Shondaland show. I've watched that show from the start and both characters suck like a hooker on payday.

Getting back to Wes, I think both his not getting romantically involved with Catherine figuring out the connection between Catherine & Phillip show that he's made some big steps in the right direction since Rebecca.

• Love 1

I thought it was interesting that Wes said he regrets not facing his punishment for killing Sam. Maybe he'll try to turn himself in in the second half of the season.

Don't believe it for one second. Wes has never shown any form of self-sacrifice with the exception of the horrid Rebecca. The only character I disliked more than Wes was Dead DA. He is simply awful.

• Love 3

Some discussion in an episode thread about Alfred Enoch in Harry Potter.  For those that haven't seen any of the movies, and if you have 15 minutes to kill, Alfie Enoch supercut!

She missed a line from the first, which is insane, since Dean Thomas doesn't say much to begin with.

Looking at Charles Mahoney I'm wondering if having Wes grow facial hair was a way to subconsciously connect them as siblings. I look at them now and can almost imagine them having a family resemblance. Weird, I know, but that's what good costuming does.

Edited by Milaxx

FUN FACT: I saw Alfred Enoch doing some interview today and he was describing shooting the morgue scene. He said it was like one o'clock in the morning when they finished shooting that scene and he was the last to leave the studio because it took him over an hour to remove enough of the burn prosthetics to be able to ride his bike home. (For those who don't know, he mostly rides his bike to work). Anyway, because it was so late, he said he almost rode his bike home without removing the prosthetics first, but he changed his mind because he was afraid he'd give someone a heart attack if they flashed their high beams on him along the roadside.  Can you imagine what that would have looked like? It's one o'clock in the morning and you're driving down the rode when here comes a half burned up man riding a bicycle towards you?  :D

• Love 10

As I stated in the episode thread for "Who Died?" I will miss Wes immensely. He was my favorite of the K5 since episode 1. His relationship with Annalise was my favorite thing on this show. So I don't know what I'm going to do without Annalise/Wes (AnnaWes?) scenes in my life.

I'm also going to miss Laurel/Wes. I loved them both as friends and lovers, and I'll miss their dynamic.

Alfie was his usual charming self on Jimmy Kimmel last night.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 5

Yes ^^^^ that was a good one too.  He's done about 5 interviews since the big reveal.  I know he'll be back for the rest of the season, but I hope he finds another role somewhere in 'Shondaland.'   I absolutely love Wes.  I don't want this to be the last we see of him.  :(

• Love 1

Awww he's such a cutie. Watching all the interviews and his contagious personality, I'm going to him on this show next season. Sadly, after his mystery murderer arc is over this will probably not be must see tv anymore.

I hope in his next project he gets to use his natural accent because it makes him even hotter. Since he has had so many interviews in the past few days, I hope he gets on a project where he becomes a bigger star and gets more recognition- he deserves it. Not many would show the grace he has in his interviews talking about the death of his character- no bitterness or hatred towards the writers. Classy guy. 

• Love 2
On 11/19/2016 at 11:08 AM, Dee said:

He also speaks Portuguese! And yes, it's super sexy!

Yes, Portuguese and Spanish. I would love to see him get roles where he can use either of his normal English accent, his Spanish, his Portuguese, or some combination of any of these!

On 11/19/2016 at 8:04 AM, Tiger said:

The show should have let him use his natural accent.  

As much as I like it, his natural accent doesn't fit with the character. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

Yes, Portuguese and Spanish. I would love to see him get roles where he can use either of his normal English accent, his Spanish, his Portuguese, or some combination of any of these!

As much as I like it, his natural accent doesn't fit with the character. 

Wes could have been sent abroad to live with some relative of his mother's thus explaining the accent.

• Love 1
On 11/21/2016 at 8:23 PM, Happytobehere said:

Wes could have been sent abroad to live with some relative of his mother's thus explaining the accent.

His mother(Rose) was Haitian, not Brazilian.

Edited by Milaxx