Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02 Cyrano, Cyrano

Affogato
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

My Roku Paramount+ screen shows September 19, but whatevs, it's half past the 19th now anyway.…

And thanks, @Affogato!
This had not been on my radar because I had it at midnight on my spreadsheet.

The prime app says the 18th. Which is odd because it is the 19th. Whatever. It is here. 

• Like 2

Frasier and Holly had a good, breezy chemistry. 

I liked Olivia and Moose having theirl ittle thing. I get why it didn't work out, but I do like them interacting, so I hope we can get more of that. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

I wonder if we'll see Holly again. I almost didn't recognize Patricia Heaton with her grey hair.

I'm pretty sure we will.  I think they announced her as recurring when they announced her as cast. 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

I wonder if we'll see Holly again. I almost didn't recognize Patricia Heaton with her grey hair.

Same here. I knew I knew her, but I was initially stumped on exactly who she was. I thought she was excellent! And the gray hair  looks great too. :)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bumblebee84047 said:

After watching the first two episodes of the season, I can state more strongly than ever that Anders Keith is the highlight of the show.

Yikes!

I can suffer thru his scenes, but barely. He's written as a doofus, which takes me out of the scene every time he opens his mouth. One can be a non-Frasier type (eg Martin) without being a simpleton.

• Like 2

Olivia and Moose dating was just not believable. Talk about a force-fit just for the sake of a plot! And still not really funny either. About as hard to watch as last week's atrocities to an Iberico ham.

And we get it, Frasier is not happy with his son's choice to be a firefighter. Let's move on, please!

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Olivia and Moose dating was just not believable. Talk about a force-fit just for the sake of a plot! And still not really funny either. About as hard to watch as last week's atrocities to an Iberico ham.

And we get it, Frasier is not happy with his son's choice to be a firefighter. Let's move on, please!

In fairness there was some build up to  Moose and Olivia’s attempt at a relationship. And the contrast between worlds is a solid theme in Frasier. I kind of wish it hadn’t been blown on the cyrano stuff. 

• Like 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Affogato said:

In fairness there was some build up to  Moose and Olivia’s attempt at a relationship. And the contrast between worlds is a solid theme in Frasier. I kind of wish it hadn’t been blown on the cyrano stuff. 

It's not the idea of it, it's how poorly it was handled by the show. It was clunky and I had absolutely no reason to believe that either of these people would ever be interested in each other. I believed Niles and Daphne and Martin as their father after all!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 4

I think this episode actually worked pretty well.  The dialogue was amusing and Frasier carried most of the episode, which is preferable considering the unremarkable supporting characters.  It was certainly more entertaining than any episode thus far.

On 9/22/2024 at 2:00 PM, astrohip said:

Yikes!

I can suffer thru his scenes, but barely. He's written as a doofus, which takes me out of the scene every time he opens his mouth. One can be a non-Frasier type (eg Martin) without being a simpleton.

They need to ditch the nephew. What made the original Frasier so good was that no one was a doofus. Some characters were selfish, or vain, or had big egos, etc. and those traits drove their actions and conflicts. But those conflicts were organic - they were between people doing what they thought best and not always understanding their own motives. That created massive humor and laughs.

Having a doofus on a show drags everything down. Nothing he does makes any sense. My immediate reaction to Frasier leaving his nephew in charge of the ham was, why? Why would you do that? You KNOW he will screw it up. And it's not funny watching it happen. It's somewhere between predictable and boring.

I cannot stand the nephew character or how they are writing him. The son can be grating but he did what he thought was best for him, so it creates an organic conflict over the imaginary question, "which is more desirable - Harvard professor or firefighter?" Well, it depends on your own perspective.

Being stupid? That one is easy to answer.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1