Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E9: A Picture Worth a Thousand Words

• Start Topic

Sorry my previous post was an accident. The new site sometimes quotes things I don’t mean to and then I can’t delete them.

i only meant to say that I think I lost part of Shannon’s story with the photo. I thought she was out and took an Uber home but left her phone in the Uber and drive with Archie to John’s so he would help her get it back. Dumb plan that makes no sense but drunk logic, we’ve all been there. Then they fight, she leaves, gets into an accident, and sends him the photo. When did she get her phone back? If she didn’t have her phone how is she sending him photos? No one else seems concerned about this so I’m assuming she’s explained it and I just missed it, but where was her phone and when did she get it back?

• Like 2

I too wondered when she got her phone back or maybe she just used this as an excuse to go over to John's house and see if he was with another woman. The problem with Shannon is that she drinks to the point where she can't remember what she says or to whom she said it to. She probably doesn't remember much of what happened that night before her arrest. 

• Like 1
On 9/9/2024 at 1:33 PM, bravofan27 said:

So, not to defend Heather, which I can't stand her "I'm right because it's my thoughts and I'm smarter than everyone so I don't need to fact check or bias check" but it's a little bit of stretch that Shannon cozied up to a bar and didn't order a drink there. If there is any environment that will be a trigger to drink, it's a bar.

Oh, maybe that's more what she said (or meant.) I heard it more as "who would EVER order a mocktail at a BAR."

• Like 1
On 9/5/2024 at 7:06 PM, QQQQ said:

But she's saying she doesn't know anything about a video.

I truly believe Shannon's had so many "out of it", end of evening, alcohol experiences, that when the topic of a video came up, she literally didn't have a clue which incident he recorded. She probably laid in bed trying to recall what her worst behavior was.

I'm so disgusted with John/alexis and this threat that I've decided (even though I'm not a total fan) that I won't react to/write about whatever he filmed.

If everyone were judged by strangers,  based upon one (or 2) of their worst days, or just under some influence, a lot of people would get canceled, especially with the present zero tolerance to everything online.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
21 minutes ago, Chalby said:

If everyone were judged by strangers,  based upon one (or 2) of their worst days, or just under some influence, a lot of people would get canceled, especially with the present zero tolerance to everything online.

While that's true what we have seen when Shannon is at her worst has been way more than one or two occasions. We have seen her on camera falling down drunk, screaming, crying and having melt downs every season that she has been on RHOC  The DUI was the culmination of a woman who has a serious problem with alcohol and seems to having not come to terms with this.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

While that's true what we have seen when Shannon is at her worst has been way more than one or two occasions. We have seen her on camera falling down drunk, screaming, crying and having melt downs every season that she has been on RHOC  The DUI was the culmination of a woman who has a serious problem with alcohol and seems to having not come to terms with this.

Yes, you're definitely correct, and I already have my opinions re dear Shannon. However, I refuse to allow "Johnny's" video to prompt a response/opinion, no matter how bad. Solely on principle.

• Like 2

Does anyone even know if these videos exist? Has Alexis shown the videos to anyone or just talked about them? I don't think she is doing herself any favors by continuously talking about a video and  hinting that it will be shown if Shannon doesn't pay up.  Seems she is doing John's dirty work for him. If she doesn't get an orange next year most likely there will not be a wedding.

Like everyone. else I am sick of these two but as long as she keeps stirring the pot and egging on Shannon Andy is gleeful.

• Like 4
On 9/10/2024 at 7:56 PM, 65mickey said:

My takeaway from this season is that Shannon is an alcoholic who grew up in a family of alcoholics and therefore is unable to comprehend that 1) her behavior is abnormal/problematic and 2) that she actually needs help. Her commentary in the episode with her father cemented that for me and I don't think she's going to come around unless her kids stage a complete intervention. I also think she needs to be off the show for her own sake, but as it seems that this is her primary source of income, that doesn't appear to be likely.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 9/7/2024 at 3:36 PM, ladle1 said:

I actually agree with you about Shannon (and Tamra's crusty face, though I doubt that's controversial). Shannon can be very self-centered and self-martyring, and I think there's a grain of truth in Tamra's claim that Shannon was very "me me me" in their friendship. That said, in this particular situation, I can't really blame Shannon because Alexis and Tamra keep coming at her in a public forum in a really horrific way. When even the women on RHOC are like "Holy shit, this has gone too far," then... this has gone too far. 

Believe me, feeling galvanized by Gina, Emily, and Heather rallying around Shannon Beador was not what I had on my 2024 bingo card, and yet... 

Please don't let this be her tag line next season. 

I agree and I should have said this as well in my post because I am not a complete ogre (HA!!!!).  I don't like how she is being treated by Tamra and Alexis, it is mean. But I also don't like the babying of Shannon by the other ladies because it ends up happening every season.  Shannon is always a victim of her bad decisions. The others need to quit feeding her drama. If she doesn't have an audience and enablers maybe she will get some effin real help. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I agree and I should have said this as well in my post because I am not a complete ogre (HA!!!!).  I don't like how she is being treated by Tamra and Alexis, it is mean. But I also don't like the babying of Shannon by the other ladies because it ends up happening every season.  Shannon is always a victim of her bad decisions. The others need to quit feeding her drama. If she doesn't have an audience and enablers maybe she will get some effin real help. 

I agree. I’m on Shannon’s side this season even though I’ve never liked her. She doesn’t deserve whatever fuckery Alexis is up to. However, I feel like it’s been 13 years of Shannon crying and being treated with kid gloves because she’s in a crisis. She creates or at least contributes to these crisis. She didn’t have to buy John anything. She didn’t need a facelift. She didn’t have to drive drunk. She deserves sympathy as anyone who is caught in this awful cycle would but…when is she going to make better choices?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I am so fucking over Alexis coming back, just to be a thorn in Shannon’s side. It’s like watching a cage fight. Enough. Tired of these pile-ons. I can’t wait until she becomes John Jannsen’s next victim. Because she will be.

I’m from Ohio, not far from where Emily’s from. I’ve never heard “measurement” pronounced like that. 

EDIT— Of course it’s Gina to stir some serious shit. Can she NOT keep her mouth shut? Yes, Gina. You fucked up. But you knew it and didn’t care. The more I’m getting caught up on this episode, the more I’m convinced Shannon needs to leave the show. Enough of the abuse. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 6
(edited)
On 9/6/2024 at 2:49 PM, Mar said:

I’m 10 minutes into the show and the airplane scene. It has been said by many people many many times, so I am not the first… Tamra is despicable and evil and hateful and makes me really want to stop watching this show.

And this also has been said by many people many many times… Get Alexis off of my screen and off of the show. When did it become light entertainment to try to totally destroy someone’s life?

This is why I really didn’t care to sit through this in real time last week. And I won’t tonight either…Peacock pays for itself sometimes. I’ll watch when I feel like it.

Sick of the straight-up cruelty. That’s all this is. Bringing Alexis back, and having Tamra damn near wet herself with every sad detail of Shannon’s life, while pretending to “care”…GTFO. It’s middle school bullying, and really, were Heather and Terry talking about middle school, or this show?

Watching Shannon’s pain and ugly Alexis’s bitchy vindictiveness is not entertainment. Maybe Andy thinks it is, but I don’t.

Why do these shows insist on these self-destructive storylines? The Family Equality event — a positive, uplifting thing, especially now — has been forgotten. That would be a positive thing, but it’s been overshadowed by this bullshit. It’s been an excuse to take a trip and put Alexis and Shannon on the same PJ.

Shameful.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

That’s the most perfect description.

She’s like the village gossip who stores up dirt on her neighbors like armies stockpile ammo. She is another reason this show is becoming unwatchable anymore. When you usually get rid of someone, they stay gone. Not here, though, apparently.

18 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

This. This is why someone (her kids, who she seems to listen to?) needs to talk to her and explain that this show is not doing her any favors anymore. She is fully capable of providing for herself without the Bravo paycheck, if that is the reason she keeps coming back for this. She needs real friends as well. Not snakes like Gina and Tamra (if you can call Tamra a friend).

• Like 2
On 9/6/2024 at 11:34 PM, Stats Queen said:

I disagree. He enabled her drinking when he was on the show - they were drinking buddies the first couple of years he was on with her.

If he actually cared he would not be doing what he was doing through his surrogate/bulldog/girlfriend to Shannon during the filming season.

They were both adults, and Shannon was a heavy drinker before she met him. They are not friends anymore (obviously), and he feels she is slandering him.

• Like 1
On 9/8/2024 at 10:42 AM, CharlizeCat said:

I want to make sure I understand correctly. Is the entire basis for this silly feud and lawsuit with Johnny J because Shannon publicly outed him as a cheapskate who never paid for anything while they were dating? 

Does he even work? If he had enough money to loan her $75K, then why didn't he ever treat her while they were dating? AND ... why would she date someone like that in the first place? I know. It's Shannon, but still ... 

It's because she outed him as a cheapskate (and more), but on the last episode after she found out he had Ring videos from the night of her DUI she took half of what she claimed back (she said she paid only during half of the duration of their relationship). He knew she would discuss him more this season, especially because Alexis would be on, that's why he did it. 

He was an executive in some company, and Shannon said on this, or the next episode that he sold his share of the company recently, so he is quite well-off. I assume she liked to go to only expensive places (restaurants, hotels, vacations), and she also said that she bought clothes for him because I don’t doubt they went to certain places together. Some guys don't care about clothes, or fancy vacations.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 9/9/2024 at 4:31 PM, bravofan27 said:

I didn't really get that a whole lot, except to say that John didn't help her when she clearly needed help. I guess her point is that he isn't that great of a guy that he didn't come try to help her. She's hurt about it-- I think it's just showing he is a shitty person. I guess. I don't think it's about liability. Shannon doesn't remember sending the picture.

That was exactly her point- that Johnny J didn't help her after the DUI, which is not true because there were articles with photos immediately after, and he helped her in her daily life. He also just issued a statement about what he did to refute her claim. 

On 9/9/2024 at 5:18 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Absolutely. It would have been something if she actually remembered her actions that night. 

But she was lucid enough to send Johnny J a photo of her injured face. She also broke her arm in the accident. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
On 9/11/2024 at 11:27 AM, 65mickey said:

Does anyone even know if these videos exist? Has Alexis shown the videos to anyone or just talked about them? I don't think she is doing herself any favors by continuously talking about a video and  hinting that it will be shown if Shannon doesn't pay up.  Seems she is doing John's dirty work for him. If she doesn't get an orange next year most likely there will not be a wedding.

Like everyone. else I am sick of these two but as long as she keeps stirring the pot and egging on Shannon Andy is gleeful.

Alexis showed the videos to other HWs.

(edited)
On 9/11/2024 at 8:19 PM, Jst2Wld said:

Is Shannon driving now with the BAC tester in her car system? Or is she using other means of transportation? 

Shannon still uses the breathalyzer while driving. This photo is from a few days ago.

Screenshot_20240830_023025_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Alexis showed the videos to other HWs.

They're only repeating what Alexis said was on the video. None of them know for sure what's on the video, or if there really is a video. She hasn't shown anyone anything except what a shitty person she is

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 11
7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

That was exactly her point- that Johnny J didn't help her after the DUI, which is not true because there were articles with photos immediately after, and he helped her in her daily life. He also just issued a statement about what he did to refute her claim. 

But she was lucid enough to send Johnny J a photo of her injured face. She also broke her arm in the accident. 

She was known for her drunk dialing. She was lucid enough to call/text, but had no memory of it the next morning. That she sent Johnny J a picture after her accident is a nothing burger really. She was feeling no pain. 

• Like 4
On 9/12/2024 at 8:46 PM, QQQQ said:

"People tell our kids they're lucky to have us for parents."

ew throw up GIF

File this under “things that never happened.”

On 9/12/2024 at 9:20 PM, bravofan27 said:

Emily was being a little sensitive, BUT it did feel like Heather was trying to give her the "plus size" outfit.

Heather has done this before, little jabs about weight, or clothes.  Her daughter Kat is not small, how would Heather feel if someone treated her like that?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have a soft spot for Shannon.  Her whole “housewives” life can be summed up by the scene at the airport.  Shannon gets out of the car with a bunch of baggies of makeup she needs to add to her luggage, and then the montage of her fighting to close the suitcase.  She is a hot mess.  

Heather and her tissue paper packing was nuts, as is she.  She and Terry are so obnoxious.  WTF was Terry wearing while playing pool and lamenting that he couldn’t hang a picture…..and has his face always been this shape?  He looks odd.

• Like 7