Type keyword(s) to search

S12 Episode 8 - Who Let the Dogs Out

• Start Topic

Whitney's matchmaker pushes her to meet men in person; though she finds someone interesting, her confidence wavers. Glenn remains stubborn about home renovation delaying necessary changes.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Or...

Whitney lies about everything and embarrasses everyone -- again.

Goosey sees a dog park and other dogs for the first time in her life.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Well it turns out I was right in my prediction that this season would follow her around as she makes fake and lame attempts to meet a man.

That last scene where she's manic with Glenn and Hunter and going on about "hoeing" was embarrassing, even for her. To talk about that in front of your father on TV - no class at all. And yet she digs her heels in and acts like it's her father's issue, not hers. She shows no respect for her father. Parents that were raised during the Great Depression wouldn't have tolerated that crap from her, of that I am sure. Her parents let her act that way and then her father complains about it but he doesn't have the backbone to stand up to her. 

I think I'm getting the picture with her and men - the kind of man that would think she's great is not the kind of man she would like. She is not just "too much", she is obnoxious and she doesn't want the kind of guy that would like obnoxiousness in a partner. She wants someone with more class than she has, but it doesn't work that way.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

She's so desperate to have people believe she was popular and that guys actually wanted sex with her that she may as well have stood with a megaphone on a tabletop and shouted it.  Who says those things to their father?  Whitney, all of the guys that we actually believe you had sex with didn't come back for more and actually found other women to settle down with.  That should tell you something.  And I don't think it had anything to do with your size, but everything to do with your pushy, obnoxious personality and the fact that you NEVER SHUT UP!!!  I had so much second hand embarrassment for her talking about hoeing.  SHUT UP FFS!!!

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Whit just reeks desperation in her search for a man. And who sits around discussing "hoeing" at a restaurant with her family? That scene encapsulates the whole family dynamic. Glen should have said "Whitney, Hunter, this is not an appropriate discussion during dinner (or ever). Stop Now". She's not funny or cutesy, she's desperate and obnoxious and gross.

Loved her Oui tee shirt shout out to Le Blur. 

Thought the matchmaker had some good ideas, question though, why doesn't she leave her house often?

Another trip....  sigh 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

Whit just reeks desperation in her search for a man. And who sits around discussing "hoeing" at a restaurant with her family? That scene encapsulates the whole family dynamic. Glen should have said "Whitney, Hunter, this is not an appropriate discussion during dinner (or ever). Stop Now". She's not funny or cutesy, she's desperate and obnoxious and gross.

Loved her Oui tee shirt shout out to Le Blur. 

Thought the matchmaker had some good ideas, question though, why doesn't she leave her house often?

Another trip....  sigh 

I thought her tshirt said DUI. 

• LOL 7
(edited)

That matchmaker was annoying on Beverly Hills, too. Is she angling for her own show? Her advice was decent though.  

Im not interested in watching her date. It’s nothing even against Whitney, I just can’t take that level of cringe. Dating is so awkward without cameras. Throw a viewing audience in, and no one is being themselves, they’re just ‘acting’ and it’s edited for maximum embarrassment.  That’s just painful for me to watch. 

Edited by Pi237
  • Like 7

The question is why is she acting like a muddle school tween about meeting men (like the guy at the dog park), blabbing about having sex  in the padt when she's at dinner with her dad and bro, or whining about having to go out? 

I bet her dad got angry after cameras were off after dinner. Ewww, who wants to talk about sex when their dad is around? Even Glen has some decorum and boundaries. Whit is tiresome. 

Whit wants a hip, fit, youngish guy. Maybe she needs to get her health shit together and go to a busy, public gym to meet them.

Isolating at home is foolishness. What does she do all day?  Boring.  Doubt she works or or dances much in her garage dance studio. 

And leave Glen alone to live his own life... if he wants to sell up and move to a condo,  let him.  Since Whit is the one cemented to memories in the house, she needs to just buy it for herself.  But she wants to control others.  

It seems like Todd is treading carefully about what he says or does.  I bet his likability with viewers made Whit jealous and she banished him. Now he s back cuz she needed him to fill out the ranks of "friends" and her other girlfriends got busy with their real lives. Same reason Hunter is now on more than before, plus he's got a Gf, so more background players for Whit to compare herself to and whine and cry and eat worms, no, big dam pickles that she sucks suggestively. Again, Ewww. 

Middle not muddle.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Yeah, this is tiresome. She said herself, she’s had boyfriends, she’s been engaged, she’s acting like she never dated before. Also, who cares?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The only thing I can figure is that the producers’  theme called for a lot of this nonsense.  It’s probably something the writers thought would appeal to TLC viewers.  Lol. No offense intended to fellow TLC viewers.  😝 Also, Whit has always said what she wants around her parents  with no filter and they tolerated it.  Forty years of that and I doubt she’ll ever change. 

I do look forward to seeing the room makeover as well as the trip to Spain.  

I think Whit needs the right kind of personality in a partner.  I think her aggressiveness stems from insecurity and if she resolves that, she can soften up and be at peace with a man and herself. JMO.  Whit could learn that you don’t need to use a sledgehammer to do a job when a tack hammer will suffice. When we have actually seen her with boyfriends or dates on the show, she appears quite calm and appropriate.  I’m referring to the guy from this season as well as her former fiance. And, yes I realize they are theorized to be fake. 😉

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I do look forward to seeing the room makeover as well as the trip to Spain.  

Me too!! I hate dating shows, but I Love living vicariously through tv people on their trips and home makeovers!

And how cute was that dog park!? It was adorable when that dog just came up and gave Whitney kisses. 

Was the man Whitney wanted the number from, walking around the dog park with a beer?🤨

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mollywolly555 said:

I bet her dad got angry after cameras were off after dinner. Ewww, who wants to talk about sex when their dad is around? Even Glen has some decorum and boundaries. Whit is tiresome. 

<snip>

And leave Glen alone to live his own life... if he wants to sell up and move to a condo,  let him.  Since Whit is the one cemented to memories in the house, she needs to just buy it for herself.  But she wants to control others.  

It seems like Todd is treading carefully about what he says or does.  I bet his likability with viewers made Whit jealous and she banished him. Now he s back cuz she needed him to fill out the ranks of "friends" and her other girlfriends got busy with their real lives. Same reason Hunter is now on more than before, plus he's got a Gf, so more background players for Whit to compare herself to and whine and cry and eat worms, no, big dam pickles that she sucks suggestively. Again, Ewww. 

The sad part about it is that whether or not the show puts her up to it or it's just her naturally abrasive personality, she can get away with being as obnoxious as she wants because all of them - Glenn, Todd, Hunter, etc. have "hoed" themselves out for the money from the show. It's as simple as that. As much as I love Glenn I hate to say that he doesn't have as much integrity as all that.

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Whit needs the right kind of personality in a partner.  I think her aggressiveness stems from insecurity and if she resolves that, she can soften up and be at peace with a man and herself. JMO.  Whit could learn that you don’t need to use a sledgehammer to do a job when a tack hammer will suffice. When we have actually seen her with boyfriends or dates on the show, she appears quite calm and appropriate.  I’m referring to the guy from this season as well as her former fiance. And, yes I realize they are theorized to be fake. 😉

I agree with you to some degree about the insecurity but I also think she is just a dominant and outgoing personality on top of that. And I have been reading that PCOS involves higher than normal levels of testosterone so some of her aggressiveness and hyper-sexuality may be coming from that. Just something to consider.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Was the man Whitney wanted the number from, walking around the dog park with a beer?🤨

She referred to it as a "dog bar," so yeah it seems likely. She and Ryan went to one in an earlier season.

I don't like to discuss "leagues" generally because they're stupid and everyone has their own tastes, but that man was 100% completely out of her league. Come on now. Conventionally attractive, fit, and likely much younger than her? Seemingly normal? Very unlikely he's going to be attracted to her.

Let's be real here. The pickings are slim where she's at. Hyper-morbidly obese, nearing 40, in poor health, with no real job, no real friends, no manners or boundaries or sense of propriety, a loud braying laugh, a terrible personality, and the requirement to be on TV if you get involved with her? This is not a recipe for romantic success. I dated in my late 30s a lot, and I live in a large metropolitan area that was more men than women, am moderately conventionally attractive and financially secure, with a huge social group and solid relationships, and in a sport that was 87% men, and it was still rough. The odds were stacked in my favor and I still had a hard time. (Ironically, things lined up when I met the right woman, but she's already play-acted queerness and that didn't work for her either.)

Like everything else, she wants The Perfect Man (tm) to fall into her lap while she lounges around in bed and makes inappropriate jokes. She wants perfection with no effort. Ditto her dance, weightlifting, and personal training "careers" and just about everything she tries once and gives up on.

Two great things I got from this episode were: 1) dogs! so many cute dogs! and 2) I didn't know professional stretching places were a thing. I found a few in my area and I'll be checking them out!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

My PT person really helped me with stretching and myofascial release.  It’s amazing how that can relieve pain. My insurance covered mine due to my medical condition.  

I don’t hold the characters on the show anymore responsible for odd antics than I do  of those professional wrestlers.   They are staged or at least preplanned scenarios, imo, regardless what the say.  

Good point about PCOS and aggressiveness.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Dog bars serve alcohol. Great place to hang out for you and your dog. Regular dog parks are also excellent places to meet people for new friendships or more. I know a couple who married after meeting at my usual dog park. It's an easy place to begin conversations especially if you walk around to visit dogs and not still like a lump waiting for anyone to come to you. I hear that walking is good exercise fur humans as well. Hint. Hint.  

Massage Envy offers stretching now too. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, Pi237 said:

That matchmaker was annoying on Beverly Hills, too. Is she angling for her own show? Her advice was decent though.  

Im not interested in watching her date. It’s nothing even against Whitney, I just can’t take that level of cringe. Dating is so awkward without cameras. Throw a viewing audience in, and no one is being themselves, they’re just ‘acting’ and it’s edited for maximum embarrassment.  That’s just painful for me to watch. 

So yes - once again there's nothing real here to watch at all.  A person in NC hiring a matchmaker from Beverly Hills (who appears on Housewives shows!) is not looking for a match, but rather a storyline.  "First dates" on camera are done by people looking for a storyline, not a match (talking to you, Sutton!). Showing up at a dog park with your "trainer"/friend and a camera crew is seeking a storyline, not a match.  I know she really does want to meet a guy, but she'd rather be on tv apparently.

• Like 8
21 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I don't like to discuss "leagues" generally because they're stupid and everyone has their own tastes, but that man was 100% completely out of her league. Come on now. Conventionally attractive, fit, and likely much younger than her? Seemingly normal? Very unlikely he's going to be attracted to her.

Let's be real here. The pickings are slim where she's at. Hyper-morbidly obese, nearing 40, in poor health, with no real job, no real friends, no manners or boundaries or sense of propriety, a loud braying laugh, a terrible personality, and the requirement to be on TV if you get involved with her? This is not a recipe for romantic success. I dated in my late 30s a lot, and I live in a large metropolitan area that was more men than women, am moderately conventionally attractive and financially secure, with a huge social group and solid relationships, and in a sport that was 87% men, and it was still rough. The odds were stacked in my favor and I still had a hard time. (Ironically, things lined up when I met the right woman, but she's already play-acted queerness and that didn't work for her either.)

Like everything else, she wants The Perfect Man (tm) to fall into her lap while she lounges around in bed and makes inappropriate jokes. She wants perfection with no effort. Ditto her dance, weightlifting, and personal training "careers" and just about everything she tries once and gives up on.

As a woman it's hard enough to meet someone when you're thin and attractive let alone when you're not, especially as we get older. My husband says that most men would not consider dating a woman of Whitney's size no matter how wonderful her personality was. And he fully admits that he would never have considered it even when he weighed 300 lbs.! He would not have been against a technically obese woman, just not someone of her size, even her present size. He is not hung up on a thin woman, lord knows he'd better not be given my weight struggles since menopause!

Sometimes we can be thrown off by seeing obese couples or with one obese partner - many of them became obese after they got together so that's no great gauge of how many men would seek out a woman that was already that large.

I think she has many "strikes" against her and her abrasive, off-putting personality is also high on the list. My husband says that even if she were gorgeous he would have a hard time overlooking that. He says she has the specific qualities that tend to put off most men. If you want a list of them check out this thread, we talk about them ALL the time! Put all of that together, age, weight AND personality and forget it, she's got a problem!

• Like 6
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

If you want a list of them check out this thread, we talk about them ALL the time! Put all of that together, age, weight AND personality and forget it, she's got a problem!

I don't think Whitney is ugly, she's attractive when she fixes herself up.  And I know many obese women who met their mate when they were large and have maintained longterm relationships.  Whitney's problem is she discloses too damned much about herself when she first meets them.  She's so bragadocious (is that a word? 🤣) that she overwhelms them with her whole life's story whether they want to hear it or not.  And she tries to be coquettish and it comes across as fake and off-putting.  She's not cute enough to pull that off.  She overtakes every damned conversation and barely let's anyone else get a word in.  She's an over discloser.  Stop pushing that damned Frenchman story!  Nobody cares!  Especially a guy who might show interest in you.  Shut up about almost switching teams at one time.  Nobody cares!  You're not impressing anyone with that crap.  Save some information for later in the relationship when they might then be more interested. And just shut up and let them talk for a change!  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, swankie said:

I don't think Whitney is ugly, she's attractive when she fixes herself up.  And I know many obese women who met their mate when they were large and have maintained longterm relationships.  Whitney's problem is she discloses too damned much about herself when she first meets them.  She's so bragadocious (is that a word? 🤣) that she overwhelms them with her whole life's story whether they want to hear it or not.  And she tries to be coquettish and it comes across as fake and off-putting.  She's not cute enough to pull that off.  She overtakes every damned conversation and barely let's anyone else get a word in.  She's an over discloser.  Stop pushing that damned Frenchman story!  Nobody cares!  Especially a guy who might show interest in you.  Shut up about almost switching teams at one time.  Nobody cares!  You're not impressing anyone with that crap.  Save some information for later in the relationship when they might then be more interested. And just shut up and let them talk for a change!  

Well, she kind of has to talk about her life on a show that's supposed to be about her "fabulous life", LOL so I understand why she does that, but I agree with you that it's boring and her creating fake boyfriends is not going to make it any more interesting.

Her problem is that she's both heavy and hard to take as a person. A pretty face is not going to make up for all of that. Heavy women that find relationships are most likely attractive on the inside and that probably makes the difference with some men.

I think she gets some of that disclosure stuff from her mother. Her mother's shtick was to seem like the demure quintessential Southern belle on the outside but every now and then she could reveal a little something racy going on on the inside with a raised eyebrow. But she had it down to where she never gave off gross and disgusting vibes. Whit makes herself look gross and disgusting and thinks that's going to attract people to her. Meanwhile it does just the opposite. She's really unconsciously trying to scare men away with that crap. She needs therapy to get to the root of why she defeats herself by scaring men away.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure we all know people who are unappealing to us but have found someone who thinks they're delightful.  If she's secretly going to the dog park with just her dog on a daily basis she might find a person like that for herself.  If she's just going for a photo-op for her show and her matchmaker who lives on the other side of the country she can forget it!

• Like 5
(edited)

The things she comes out with!  She's seen Tal naked "many times"?  Why; under what circumstances???  She seems to say almost everything she says just for shock value, and it's hard to believe a word of it.  Whitney is becoming downright matronly at 40 (not to say entering "My 600-Pound Life" territory even if she is now under 300; she reminds me of one of the ladies on there who was over-invested in being an aunt).  It's time to forget about hot young fit men and find someone more like her father: an older widower or divorcee with grown children who would be happy just sitting around the house, although Glenn himself seems to be enjoying a social Renaissance.

Why was she so shrill and hyper during that dinner?  How embarrassing!  If she were really as experienced as she claims, she wouldn't feel the need to constantly crow about it.  I'm beginning to think she's barely had sex in her life (if any at all) and is now panicking about it.  I think all of us who are older can relate to the anxieties involved, and so I do find her an interesting psychological study!

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Actually I know of two. During one of her sponsored cruises they both disrobed and had the photographer who was following her around capture a shot of them standing on her balcony facing the sea with their arms around each other's waists. That photograph was framed and hanging in her entryway. Or, as they say, "sun's out buns out".

The other time may not have been on the show but possibly on one of her social media accounts. It was before Tal got sober and they filmed some kind of shenanigans while naked, under the influence, and loosely draped in sheets. Oh, yeah, they were in her closet.

Since she has unhealthy thoughts about her Dad (the photo of him wearing a swimsuit that was on the ceiling over her bed) perhaps when he is gone someone similar will fill the "daddy void".)

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
19 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm pretty sure we all know people who are unappealing to us but have found someone who thinks they're delightful.  If she's secretly going to the dog park with just her dog on a daily basis she might find a person like that for herself.  If she's just going for a photo-op for her show and her matchmaker who lives on the other side of the country she can forget it!

Right. Refer to my post above that the guy that would like her is probably not the guy she would like back. Read into that what you will about what that says about her and the guy.

10 hours ago, Dibs said:

It's time to forget about hot young fit men and find someone more like her father: an older widower or divorcee with grown children who would be happy just sitting around the house, although Glenn himself seems to be enjoying a social Renaissance.

Like I said above....

• Like 2
On 8/28/2024 at 12:33 PM, monagatuna said:

Sorry, but to me he was overweight and truly not attractive at all. He was obviously a plant who was mic'd up and probably one of the camera peoples' assistants that they could pay to walk up and chat Whitney up. Outdoor dog parks/bars are pretty chaotic and you could hear all of them as clear as a bell. We're not falling for it!!!

But you're right - he was out of her league even if he was a plant. Polite, waited his turn to speak, didn't have an inappropriate braying laugh like Whitney, and dogs probably actually LIKED him (unlike her poor dog).

Also, I'm really bummed about Todd this season. I had seriously high hopes for him now that he's living in the attic, and I've been let down. Todd, we need you to throw some snark around and tell Whitney all of the reasons why no one is attracted to her/hitting on her in public/wanting a serious relationship with her.
(crossing my fingers he gets with the program soon!)

• Like 2
11 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Sorry, but to me he was overweight and truly not attractive at all. He was obviously a plant who was mic'd up and probably one of the camera peoples' assistants that they could pay to walk up and chat Whitney up. Outdoor dog parks/bars are pretty chaotic and you could hear all of them as clear as a bell. We're not falling for it!!!

Wait, so you think the guy with the baseball cap that she had her "friend" walk up to was overweight and unattractive? Are we talking abut the same guy? Because that guy was thin and not unattractive (although not my type). Is it possible you're referring to the young 22 year old named Simon that came up to her later? Because I'll agree with you about him, but I don't think he's the guy @Pi237 was talking about. I'm pretty sure they were talking about the guy in the baseball cap. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Right. Refer to my post above that the guy that would like her is probably not the guy she would like back. Read into that what you will about what that says about her and the guy.

That's another reason she needs to be out doing things that will allow her to meet people organically - if she met someone who had things in common she would find him more attractive as well!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, princelina said:

That's another reason she needs to be out doing things that will allow her to meet people organically - if she met someone who had things in common she would find him more attractive as well!

Yep, that should go without saying but in her case there's nothing "organic" about her life anymore. She's been living it pretty much for the cameras only for a decade now and whatever contrived BS she and the producers think is more entertaining than anything real is what she actually does. And that isn't going to help her meet someone real that isn't hired to be her love interest on the show.

I'm trying to picture a man that she would have a lot in common with and having a hard time doing that. My theory is that she is engaging in self-sabotage and so any man she might find attractive "organically" under normal circumstances is not going to be attractive to her. She has to get over whatever it is that's making her avoid meeting someone like that before anything can happen "organically".

• Like 2

I have been thinking about Whitney and her self-sabotage and based on what she keeps repeating over and over again she seems to have convinced herself that the only men that find her attractive are creeps looking for sexual thrills and not decent guys. She has probably liked a lot of decent guys that were not interested in her and that has only confirmed her self-defeating perception. Even Buddy might be one of them. She may have gotten mixed signals from a lot of those decent guys and is not looking to get jerked around and have her heart broken yet again. So it would be understandable why she would want to avoid that, but it is self defeating behavior based on a small sample of men both online and in her real life. 

The thing is if you really want to meet someone you have to be willing to take a lot of chances, especially if you know your prospects are getting more limited by age, availability of possible partners, and other factors. I think she thinks she has already taken a lot of chances only to come up empty handed and because of that she is convinced it's never going to happen so with that attitude it never will.  She is unconsciously or even consciously avoiding it. I think even the "fake" boyfriends are part of that avoidance. What a perfect way to keep herself away from REAL prospects than to surround herself with FAKE ones? But it's also a way for her to protect herself from being hurt. A lot of obese people do stuff like that, I have read about it in many places. They deliberately make themselves unattractive so as to repel would-be romantic partners. That's also a reason why she avoids losing weight. If more real prospective single men start finding her attractive, it terrifies her that she will open herself up again to being jerked around and ultimately heartbroken. And that is what I think she needs to get over before she will meet anyone "organically".

• Like 3
On 8/31/2024 at 8:44 AM, Yeah No said:

Wait, so you think the guy with the baseball cap that she had her "friend" walk up to was overweight and unattractive? Are we talking abut the same guy? Because that guy was thin and not unattractive (although not my type). Is it possible you're referring to the young 22 year old named Simon that came up to her later? Because I'll agree with you about him, but I don't think he's the guy @Pi237 was talking about. I'm pretty sure they were talking about the guy in the baseball cap. 🤷‍♀️

Oh! I must have missed him. Yes, I was talking about the pasty 22yo dude who was obviously a plant and mic'd up and sat/perched awkwardly near Whitney/Jessica.

• Like 2

At the beginning of this season, Whitney said she did the show to spread happiness and be an inspiration.  As this season has worn on, all I see is endless complaining about not having a man or a child and refusing to leave the house.  She takes over every event with her sad tale of woe about her life circumstances, but does nothing about it.  This is not spreading happiness and it certainly isn't inspirational.  Unless it's to inspire people to not sit around complaining like she does.

The more I see, the more I believe that the show is the worst thing that has happened to her.  Most decent guys are not going to want to be a part of such a public relationship.  They have jobs and families and lives that they don't want plastered on TV.  In addition, the show seems to have become her life.  She seems to do nothing unless the cameras are on.  Other than that she stays in her house getting everything delivered.  She doesn't travel, volunteer, or have hobbies.  She seems to only exist when the show is filming.  It's sad and somewhat disturbing because when the show finally goes away, she is going to be truly lost.  

• Like 6

The young good-looking dude at the Dog Park Bar, who "had a girlfriend", was indeed out of Whitney's league for a number of reasons. But he was very much in the country-bro mold of Chase, who even though we know was hired to play her boyfriend, she has probably convinced herself that he was her real boyfriend. So she probably just thought, "If I could get Chase, I can get that guy too." What I found so odd is that she wanted her male friend to just give the guy her number, not have him come over and talk. Given that Whitney can seem very personable upon first meeting her, I'm surprised that she wouldn't want to increase her odds by at least engaging in conversation, rather than needing to rely solely on his outward impression of her. 

And in one breath, she talked about the validity of the matchmaker's advice to remember that she doesn't need to hold possible marriage as the yardstick by which she measures everyone, but then she basically did exactly that by rejecting the 22-year old less-fit guy, instead of viewing future one-on-one interaction with him as a practice opportunity. 

• Like 4