Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: The Floating-Human-Body-Parts Capital of America

• Start Topic

bad-monkey-photo-010107.jpg

When tourists on a fishing charter in Key West, Florida, discover a human arm, suspended detective Andrew Yancy takes the case.

Premiere Date: Aug. 14, 2024        Apple TV+   

Bad_Monkey_Photo_010105.jpg

bad-monkey-photo-010111-1723562557960.jp

Loved it!!! I'm hooked on the story completely. And I love Vince Vaughn already, but the rest of the cast is pretty darn good. Looking forward to the next episode.

• Like 4

Whey they found the severed arm, I seriously think it could be one of Dexter’s. 😆

Am not a fan of Vince Vaughn, not into watching him doing his thing but Bad Monkey is quite watchable. I’ll continue watching for now — for Yancy/Rosa curios minds and mango popsicles.

• LOL 1

Humor can be a personal taste, but to me, a lot of the humor in the script is falling flat, especially the lines delivered by Vaughn, who I usually like. It’s like the script writers are trying too hard.

• Like 3

IMonrey I wasn't sure besides seeing him gun down the former deckhand if we were supposed to recognize him. When they actually showed the side of his face I thought the same as you that they had somehow given us some clue by revealing part of his face but nothing.

• Like 1
On 8/14/2024 at 11:06 PM, Rickster said:

Humor can be a personal taste, but to me, a lot of the humor in the script is falling flat, especially the lines delivered by Vaughn, who I usually like. It’s like the script writers are trying too hard.

Agreed. I enjoyed the first episode and think it has enough to keep me interested, but there was too much "Vince Vaughn patter". It felt forced and took me out of the show.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/14/2024 at 7:05 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Whey they found the severed arm, I seriously think it could be one of Dexter’s. 😆

Am not a fan of Vince Vaughn, not into watching him doing his thing but Bad Monkey is quite watchable. I’ll continue watching for now — for Yancy/Rosa curios minds and mango popsicles.

That’s what I was thinking, it’s one of Dexter’s spares.

I didn’t like the narration and then it turns out it’s the boat captain.

Is Andros an actual island in the Caribbean?  Sounds Greek.

It looks great, the cinematography and the deep colors.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, aghst said:

Is Andros an actual island in the Caribbean?  Sounds Greek.

Yes. It’s one of the islands in the Bahamas, I believe it’s the largest one in the country.

On 8/15/2024 at 11:41 AM, iMonrey said:

Who showed up on the beach at the very end? Was it supposed to be someone we know?

On 8/15/2024 at 9:53 PM, sjankis630 said:

IMonrey I wasn't sure besides seeing him gun down the former deckhand if we were supposed to recognize him. When they actually showed the side of his face I thought the same as you that they had somehow given us some clue by revealing part of his face but nothing.

I don't know if it's someone we know yet, but I think we were supposed to recognize him as the gunmen. I think they zoomed in so we'll recognize when he's officially introduced?

• Like 1