Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E10: Power of Veto #3

• Start Topic

Just watching Kenney is exhausting! He flip flops multiple times in the same sentence. I hope he’s gone tomorrow, I have no patience for quitters.

• Like 10

I have to say that BB and CBS deserve some props.  This is a new, original kind of competition.  Kudos to whomever came up with it.

• Like 12

Shut the fuck up, Tucker.  Cedric was under no obligation to do what *you* wanted.  And talk like a normal person, for cod’s sack.  Your affectations are annoying.

Of all the people eligible, as a casual, I do not care one iota who America picks.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Dang it.  I really wanted to see the aftermath.   I hope they can fit in in tomorrow.   

But even more than that I want one of those American Flag veto necklaces.   Maybe it is just because I'm all Team USA right now, but that was seriously cool. 

Kemo, Kemo, Kemo.  You can do so much better than Tucker. 

• Like 8
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Shut the fuck up, Tucker.  Cedric was under no obligation to do what *you* wanted.

No, he wasn't, but he and Makensy were right that he could make enemies if he didn't make the move.  And he just did.

That was a CRAZY Veto meeting!  The shock on everyone's faces when Tucker saved Angela with his Veto?!  Priceless!

And of course, Cedric gets a big move gifted to him on a silver platter and completely wusses out like a chickenshit and gets both Tucker and Makensy as new enemies.  Congrats, Cedric.

The way Quinn was being so proud of himself for lying and his many alliances, it wouldn't surprise me if America votes for him to go up.  (He and Joseph are the two odds-on favorites to get the vote.)

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Yeah I get that Cedric was making enemies, but the way Tucker went on was ridiculous.  He was a nominee because he didn’t win.  Dope.

Quinn - swear you won’t tell anyone

Kemo - ok

Kemo - guess what Quinn told me?

I swear people on these shows CANNOT keep a damn secret.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Finally something interesting actually happens....

However...despite all the drama, whatever fireworks come of this and America's choice as sure as the sun rises in the east despite ALL of it....its just going to fizzle out tomorrow night when Kenny asks to be voted out "falling on  his sword" to appear noble and save the house from strife when all he really wants to do is go home to his family and maybe a few friendly Confidential Informants.

Ha! I bet Angela originally thought her save was out of some great love for Tucker.  Brooklyn looked like she was going to have a heart attack.

I'm surprised America Veto got green lit in the first place. BB was notoriously retooled after season one because America immediately voted out the most interesting people in the house leaving an entire summer of dwindling ratings thanks to the boring dullards left behind. I always like to mention that suitcase full of money where they desperately tried to bribe someone to leave so they could get someone inside to spice things up but nobody would leave...the first twist fizzling.  But the point is giving America the power to put someone on the block is the closest they've ever come to original recipe BB and its not something I thought would ever happen. 

Rubina speaks! But only to host a comp.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Like 3
12 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

.its just going to fizzle out tomorrow night when Kenny asks to be voted out "falling on  his sword" to appear noble and save the house from strife

Ain't nobody done Kenney this favor yet, so I wouldn't bet too much on it happening tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

I'm surprised America Veto got green lit in the first place. BB was notoriously retooled after season one because America immediately voted out the most interesting people in the house leaving an entire summer of dwindling ratings thanks to the boring dullards left behind. I always like to mention that suitcase full of money where they desperately tried to bribe someone to leave so they could get someone inside to spice things up but nobody would leave...the first twist fizzling.  But the point is giving America the power to put someone on the block is the closest they've ever come to original recipe BB and its not something I thought would ever happen. 

Big Brother: Over The Top was two entire Olympiads/Presidential cycles ago, but they did get through an entire season of "America" both having a nominee and an eviction vote without falling victim to boring prudishness.  Grodner may have (IMO rightly) decided against integrating these ideas on the main show, but I'm not surprised she's decided the show can handle a once-off.

(Also, Dan Gheesling's week as America's Player in S10 ended with "America" casting the tie-breaking vote that sent Jessie home over Memphis, so IMO we're not quite in "not since S1" territory, either.)

I enjoyed the episode and can only hope Quinn's multiple alliances and big mouth conspire to send him home.  (I will be moderately amused if, after all of Quinn's fretting over Angela's possibly outing his Power, he goes home due to a completely different leak, with her still in the House.)

My only complaint is that it would be nice if Clayton (Announcer Guy) didn't semi-spoil the Veto results by promising fireworks at the Meeting.  After that tease, I knew that none of the players show wanted to keep the noms the same (Makensy, Leah, Cedric) would win.

• Like 2

BB OVER THE TOP...was that the one that was like only on  CBS.COM or online or sometthing? I'd forgotten all about that!  In fact the only thing I remembernow was thinking at the time there was one and one houseguest only...a guy with a funny mustache that looked like a cartoon villain's who I thought was wasted on that version and should have been saved for a real BB season. He was like a chef from NOLA or something.

2 hours ago, North of Eden said:

I'm surprised America Veto got green lit in the first place. BB was notoriously retooled after season one

Notoriously retooled is a good phrase for that.  Season 1 was great.  Only season I really liked after that was Danielle's (and Marcellus') one.  The rest have bored me in my addicted trailer trash summer viewing habits so anything to get back to basic is fine by me.  Hopefully "America" has more spine than Jellyfish Cedric.

And Tucker was actually right in that if he took himself off the block and Cedric did nominate Quinn like Tucker thought he was going to do then it was highly unlikely either Angela or Kenney would beat him in the AI Arena.

It was high risk for a high reward but of course Cedric the Total Wuss wimped out though Tucker was risking the most.

God, Cedric, I liked you at first but this week you have turned into the biggest wimp ever on BB.  I am giving you a perfect ten in being a total chicken.         🐔 🐓 🐔 🐓 🐔 🐓 🐔 🐓 🐔 🐓

And why did you think Mack-whatever-her-name-is would stay on the block for you to "pad her resume?"  😂 🤣  For someone fearful of getting icky poo "blood on my hands" you managed to make two blood enemies for no reason whatsoever is the space of seconds. 

• Like 6
22 minutes ago, Skooma said:

Hopefully "America" has more spine than Jellyfish Cedric.

And Tucker was actually right in that if he took himself off the block and Cedric did nominate Quinn like Tucker thought he was going to do then it was highly unlikely either Angela or Kenney would beat him in the AI Arena.

It was high risk for a high reward but of course Cedric the Total Wuss wimped out though Tucker was risking the most.

God, Cedric, I liked you at first but this week you have turned into the biggest wimp ever on BB.  I am giving you a perfect ten in being a total chicken.         🐔 🐓 🐔 🐓 🐔 🐓 🐔 🐓 🐔 🐓

And why did you think Mack-whatever-her-name-is would stay on the block for you to "pad her resume?"  😂 🤣  For someone fearful of getting icky poo "blood on my hands" you managed to make two blood enemies for no reason whatsoever is the space of seconds. 

Exactly.  And Cedric acting so cool in the wake of everything that Tucker was throwing at him shows that he really didn't get how wimpy he came off.

• Like 3

Tucker kept saying,  now let's play the game. It wasn't  his HOH, so if Cedric  did make a bad move, that's on him. Tucker's a bit of a bully, he's only happy  if they follow his instructions. I hope he ends up going  home.

5 hours ago, mojoween said:

Yeah I get that Cedric was making enemies, but the way Tucker went on was ridiculous.  He was a nominee because he didn’t win.  Dope.

Quinn - swear you won’t tell anyone

Kemo - ok

Kemo - guess what Quinn told me?

I swear people on these shows CANNOT keep a damn secret.

It would more fun if they did, wouldn't  it. Imagine the fun Quinn could  have had, taking over an HOH.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
(edited)

BB IS BACK BABYYYYYY!! Last night's episode was 10x more entertaining than the entirety of last season. I need a cigarette after that!

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Wasn’t America involved in whatever nonsense happened in season 8?  Like we picked Eric to do something, but the producers fucked it all to save Dick, and then Eric got bounced?

13 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Just watching Kenney is exhausting! He flip flops multiple times in the same sentence. I hope he’s gone tomorrow, I have no patience for quitters.

Kenney doesn't want to be there.  We don't want to see him there.  He's crap tv and a wasted space that someone else could've filled.  However, if I'm a player, he stays for as long as possible.  He's a no-brainer nominee.  Keep putting him up and voting for him to stay until he self-evicts.  It's not the job of the houseguests to grant him his wish of going home, especially when he keeps winning comps.

• Like 7

It seems that the editors purposefully hid many things from this episode and edited others accordingly so that the casuals vote Quinn for eviction and make Tucker be the hero. Most importantly, Cedric very much said to Tucker before the veto ceremony that he should use the veto on himself because Cedric was not going on with Tucker's plan. I guess they will show this on the eviction episode but still, the vote will have happened by then.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Tucker kept saying,  now let's play the game. It wasn't  his HOH, so if Cedric  did make a bad move, that's on him. Tucker's a bit of a bully, he's only happy  if they follow his instructions. I hope he ends up going  home.

It would more fun if they did, wouldn't  it. Imagine the fun Quinn could  have had, taking over an HOH.

It isn't the duty of Houseguests to follow the orders of an HOH.  His power ends with the nominations.  I HATE how so many HG's feel they need to vote the way the now powerless HOH wants them to vote in any given week. 

Stupid stupid sheep.  The HOH isn't some damn king or queen.  And his or her power is not only zero at the time of voting but they can't gain power as HOH the following week.

The real fun would be if Tucker survives and wins HOH.  I'm for total chaos!

1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

It seems that the editors purposefully hid many things from this episode and edited others accordingly so that the casuals vote Quinn for eviction and make Tucker be the hero. Most importantly, Cedric very much said to Tucker before the veto ceremony that he should use the veto on himself because Cedric was not going on with Tucker's plan. I guess they will show this on the eviction episode but still, the vote will have happened by then.

And you know that how?

• Like 2
14 hours ago, North of Eden said:

BB OVER THE TOP...was that the one that was like only on  CBS.COM or online or sometthing? I'd forgotten all about that!  In fact the only thing I remembernow was thinking at the time there was one and one houseguest only...a guy with a funny mustache that looked like a cartoon villain's who I thought was wasted on that version and should have been saved for a real BB season. He was like a chef from NOLA or something.

Yep, Justin, who was an interesting character, to say the least.  I thought his popularity with "America" was unearned, but I guess if you spend your time with Kryin' Krissie Ridolfi and S17 Jason Roy (the "Love Triangle" alliance), you look good by comparison.

My heart, however, was always with The Ballsmashers.  Shelby Stockton, I still love you!

(Apparently I missed Justin's high point, as I tended to avoid that side of the house's conversations. [OTT was literally the only season where I was a feedster, as I need to see the competitions and ceremonies in their proper time]  One night in the hot tub, Justin was gassing up the virginal Scott Dennis by telling him that having intercourse with a woman was like "having your dick grabbed by tentacles".  Scott's reaction was priceless, I'm told.)

• Like 1

I know many of you are annoyed at Cedric.  I admit that Tucker’s idea was a good one. But he loses me with his intimidation and threats.  Whether or not Cedric’s move was a dumb one, it was still his choice to make.  If Tucker wants to make decisions then he should win HOH. Wish I could have voted to get him out 

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
57 minutes ago, Skooma said:

It isn't the duty of Houseguests to follow the orders of an HOH.  His power ends with the nominations.  I HATE how so many HG's feel they need to vote the way the now powerless HOH wants them to vote in any given week. 

True, but given that Tucker completely lost his water because Cedric renommed Makensy when Tucker told him not to do so, it seems that the attempted "orders" flowed in the other direction here.  If Tucker wants Cedric to nominate Quinn, it's his job to convince Cedric to do that, not just make his "brilliant" move and expect Cedric to fall in line.  

(Or Tucker can, y'know, win HoH himself.)

• Like 8
8 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

oops double post

So - two cigarettes, then…?  😄

4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Wasn’t America involved in whatever nonsense happened in season 8?  Like we picked Eric to do something, but the producers fucked it all to save Dick, and then Eric got bounced?

Yup; a viewer vote on the CBS website selected Eric as “America’s Player” - which meant each week Eric would be assigned (I think it was) three specific tasks to complete in the BB8 House, with cash prizes involved for successful completion.

On one particular week, Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is OTB and all but guaranteed to be evicted - likely by unanimous vote - at which point one of Eric’s assigned tasks became to flip the House vote and save ED from eviction*.  Eric was successful, but at a cost; he irrevocably damaged his own personal game in the process, and was himself evicted not long after.

* I personally have my own doubts about whether this was America’s choice or AG’s, but whatever…. 😶

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A few seasons ago, they had America vote on two or three different nominees to be the third person on the block one week. I remember two of the people nominated by America were the odious Christie Murphy and the slightly less odious Jackson Michie, leading to this classic exchange:

Christie (sobbing as usual): "This doesn't necessarily mean America hates us!"

Michie (rapidly becoming self-aware): "Actually, that's exactly what it means."

Christie didn't take the hint, but Michie did and became a lot nicer to people in a hurry.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I remember two of the people nominated by America were the odious Christie Murphy and the slightly less odious Jackson Michie, leading to this classic exchange:

Christie (sobbing as usual): "This doesn't necessarily mean America hates us!"

Michie (rapidly becoming self-aware): "Actually, that's exactly what it means."

Christie didn't take the hint, but Michie did and became a lot nicer to people in a hurry.

Michie The Kid - who could forget him?

IMG_0650.JPG

• LOL 3