Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: The Grande Finale Variety Extravaganza: Pt. 2

• Start Topic

It's the crowning moment of the two-part Grand Finale, and all the Queens hit the stage for an unforgettable Variety Extravaganza; three badges are up for grabs, and a new voting twist could change everything; in the end, only one queen can win. Along the way Kamala Harris stops by to remind us to vote and Kylie Sonique Love is there to present the scepter. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Well, that was an underwhelming finale on an underwhelming season. Production tried hard to create suspense and drama all season long, but it mostly fell flat.

And the badge doubling vote -- did Nina not understand that she got the votes because nobody thought she would win the talent show?

I love the season winner, but she didn't win the talent show or the last lip sync.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 2
(edited)

That said, I'm very happy with the winner as Angeria was my favorite and did well  all season.

If I judged the season, badges would have gone slightly differently and 2 of the top three would have been swapped out:

E1: Angie, Jorgeous

E2: Plastique, Gottmik

E3: Angie, Nina

E4: Jorgeous, Plastique

E5: Angie, Vanjie

E6: Angie, Plastique

E7: Angie, Nina

E8: Plastique, Roxxxy

E9: Jorgeous, Roxxxy

E10: Roxxxy, Shannel

E11/12: Jorgeous, Plastique

Top 3 are: Angie 5, Plastique 4,  Jorgeous 4 followed by:

Roxxxy 3, Nina 2, Vanjie 1, Shannel 1, Gottmik 1 

Angeria wins for consistency over the season but most improved was Vanjie. Plastique is the look queen and the should have learned the lyrics queen. Gottmik is the delusional queen and Jorgeous is the almost baked queen.

Roxxxy gets the best edit queen, Nina and Shannel were the filler queens.

I hate badges to give away and extra badges at the end. Hopefully, it will go away for AS 10.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 1

I'm so confused and surprised. I really thought this was setting up for a Roxxy win. Guess I was wrong! I also though Plastique should have been in the top 2 for the talent show. She was more entertaining that Angeria, imo.

• Like 2

This was an okay ending to an okay season of AS.

The episode was overstuffed but felt surprisingly underwhelming; each talent was shown for less than a minute on average, and we didn't get enough time with each performer for the acts to have any impact whatsoever. 

Has there been any twist more pointless than the "double diamond"? I hope that WoW retires this immediately.

It's a shame that more people are going to end up watching this than the comparatively little viewed Canada vs. The World, which had the rarest of unicorns appear on this week's episode: an improv'd Murder Mystery Challenge that was thoroughly and wholly entertaining. All Stars should take note. 

• Like 1

I was happy to see Angie win but I was sure it would be Roxxy. The talent show was bland but I did enjoy the beautiful finale gowns. They should just do away with the badges as they are useless when so many are given away. Plastique and Angie were my top two so I would have been happy with either of them winning. 

• Like 1

Just reading comments instead of watching. I guess I checked out a couple episodes ago. I like Angie a lot. But I also figured Ru had chosen her cuz Ru went to Herculean efforts to laugh at anything she did, whether it was truly warranted or not. 

For some reason these badges bugged much more than the Ru Peter badges in the UK, but I would happily do away with all badges. Maybe a point system, if they want to keep a running score to promote drama. Or rank them 1 through 8 for each challenge ~ although that might create too much drama! 😂

My biggest hope was that Roxxxy would not win, so this made me happy. And I love Angeria so her winning was icing on the cake.

But that lipsync? No one did Janet Jackson justice.

Honestly, of the 3 lackluster and uncoordinated performances, Vanjie was the best IMO.

But I'm generally happy with the outcome.

• Like 3

I still cannot believe Plastique was not final three, I like Vangie but for me Plastique was overall more consistent. Since Plastique didn't win I'm glad Angeria did. So I know her charity gets the $200K but Angeria actually wins NO additional money?? Just a crown & scepter? That don't seem right. 

Jorgeous's slide during her performance was fabulous. Besides that and Shannel juggling, the rest of the talent show was a bore. Loved many of the runway looks, Cameo prize goes to Shannel's dog for daring to steal focus from Shannel. LOL

Always love seeing Kylie Sonique Love! Too bad Jumbo couldn't be there in person but at least Zoomed in.

• Like 3
On 7/27/2024 at 8:54 PM, Starchild said:

My biggest hope was that Roxxxy would not win, so this made me happy. And I love Angeria so her winning was icing on the cake.

I agree.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed Plastique's variety show and loved her runway.  I can't believe she wasn't a winner of the three badges.  Her show was highly entertaining and had drama and humor.  I'm sure she will reap the benefits of more audience members seeing her amazing runways.  I would love to go see her in person.

I was also surprised that Shannel didn't win the talent show.  She had an actual talent.  And the gown made of rhinestones was so elegant.  I loved the dog, too!

They were my two favorites, but I'm happy for Angie.  Her finale gown was amazing!  She has done a great job all season, despite being cut 3 times.

I wanted either Angeria or Vanje to win. Angeria has always been a favorite and Vanje is hystHERical! I find Jorgeous very one note and annoying. The only time she was more entertaining was when she played opposite of herself at the roast otherwise she always reverts back to the same hand gestures she thinks make her look cute and adorable. Not a huge fan of Gotmik but she can be funny. Plastique's looks always wowed. The others I found 'meh. Overall a boring season.

• Like 1