Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: The Prize

• Start Topic

Kreese faces a dangerous test to prove his worthiness. Daniel offers Johnny a helping hand while the teens contemplate life beyond high school.

Premiere date: July 18, 2024

Given the story to date, I think Stanford would be throwing money at Miguel to go there. Of course, going to Cal is the correct decision. Or community college. Depending what his major is. But there's got to be martial arts scholarships to tons of SoCal schools. 

They really need to make Chozen trash talk just about all the time. I could have watched 20 minutes of them house hunting. 

I'm fine with the show establishing how Kreese and Silver knew granddaughter Kim; makes sense with their time over there, but I don't need a whole treasure hunt Indiana Jones snake hunt. 

Outside of that, this was great episode. Johnny pulled a Don Draper. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm fine with the show establishing how Kreese and Silver knew granddaughter Kim; makes sense with their time over there, but I don't need a whole treasure hunt Indiana Jones snake hunt. 

I thought they were referencing Billy Jack and his test with the rattlesnakes.

Th valley karate warriors strike again. But the cute was a call back to karate being like Texas high school football with a fanboy remembering Johnny's second All Valley win, but missing the tournament logo loss.

How long was that knife in the cave? How did the old man know that only 1 snake would be there? How did it hunt for food and still guard the knife? Did the old man remove all the venom producing glands?

1 minute ago, paigow said:

How long was that knife in the cave? 

Why since the 1930s-45 when Japan tried to draft Master KIm of course 😇

A king cobra average life span = 20 years... even allowing for variations by cobra type... either the old man keeps visiting the cave to drop replacements... or he feeds it water from the Holy Grail

• Like 1

Kenny's growth spurt from last season was distracting. But glad his brother is not a villain, we have enough of them with Kreese and company.

Loved Johnny being a natural car salesman, wish we could have seen his pitch.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, jah1986 said:

Kenny's growth spurt from last season was distracting. But glad his brother is not a villain, we have enough of them with Kreese and company.

Loved Johnny being a natural car salesman, wish we could have seen his pitch.

Anthony LaRusso in his flash appearance and Devon Lee also had that distracting growth.

I should think better of Johnny, or that he was unable of pulling this off but I couldn't help but wonder if Yaya or Carmen had a friend who helped to conn the LaRusso's.

• Like 1

The Korea/Kreese storyline is boring and I’m forwarding it because I hate him and don’t want to waste my time. The rest is still fun to watch. Glad that the teens are getting along well, the three senseis are fun to watch (Chozen pretending to be a realtor was awesome), but everyone is getting along so well that I know shit is going to hit the fan.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 9:48 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

Given the story to date, I think Stanford would be throwing money at Miguel to go there. Of course, going to Cal is the correct decision. Or community college. Depending what his major is. But there's got to be martial arts scholarships to tons of SoCal schools. 

That was my first thought, don't fancy colleges like Stanford have a ton of endowment money and base tuition on what the student and their family can afford. Assuming he gets in I can't imagine Miguel and his single mom paying full price tuition. I was more curious after I hit the post button so after about three minutes of googling I found this article that says that tuition and living expenses are fully covered if your family makes less than $100,000 per year. So Miguel worrying about tuition is annoying.

And of course since this is a netflix teen show set in California the only options for the main character to go to college is either super fancy expensive college or local community college. The same thing happened on Stranger Things, when even me a guy from Canada knows that California has a ton of great schools.

Also speaking of his mom, it was annoying that Johnny didn't involve his partner in the house hunting. Especially since I am pretty sure she has an actual job, not to mention it would be the house she and her children would live in.

And I hope there aren't many more episodes that spend this much time with Kreese. Because the Yoda cave was super boring. 

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Like 3

I could watch a whole episode of Johnny and Chozen house hunting, that was hilarious. I can totally see Johnny being a good car salesman, he has a way with people and a lot of charisma. 

Its been fun seeing the kids all getting alone, even if I'm watching for the other shoe to drop and cause everything to fall apart. 

He could have gone to a first choice party school, not a safety party school!

• Like 1
On 7/18/2024 at 9:09 PM, Raja said:

I thought they were referencing Billy Jack and his test with the rattlesnakes.

Th valley karate warriors strike again. But the cute was a call back to karate being like Texas high school football with a fanboy remembering Johnny's second All Valley win, but missing the tournament logo loss.

I’m probably much older than many of you in this forum, so that means I’ve probably seen more soap operas.  If this follows soap formula #843-4, Kreese is Johnny’s father.  That’s been my prediction for a few seasons, and this episode adds to my theory.

• Like 1