Type keyword(s) to search

Owning Manhattan - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Netflix

Premiered June 28, 2024

Real estate mogul Ryan Serhant leads one of the biggest firms in New York and pushes his agents to greatness while tackling the most expensive listings.

I never watched him on Million Dollar Listing (?), but I really like him. I could tell he had experience in front of the camera, but not in an annoying way. And if he truly fired Jonathan and it wasn’t all manufactured drama, mad respect. He’s not risking his professional reputation to keep a villain around for the show. 

I love the real estate, but found they repeated some of it too often. The real estate is the main reason I tune in. To dream….

• Like 3

Chloe is certainly a narcissistic, delusional piece of work, isn't she.

Some reality show players you know will see their on-screen personas and be embarrassed and try to learn, but you just know Chloe is still playing the victim.

• Like 1

Jonathan: I'm apologizing to you because Ryan told me to.    Is this guy for real?  Lol, in what world is that an apology?  He's so rude, and clueless at the same time. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I noticed that "Penthouse in the Sky" is still on the market, still listed by Serhant, but now down to the "bargain price" of 195,000,000. Run, don't walk!!😅

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

So happy to see a forum. I love NYC real estate. The only “reality” I watch.

Thoughts… British Jess and Tricia (and Ryan) are the realtors I would trust with my own house. Didn’t like Nile at the beginning but he grew on me a bit. I liked Savannah in the fish out of water, underdog way but I got annoyed at the end with her. I totally understand wanting to jump on a Team and make that money and get that experience but the most in rentals she had done was 3500? That’s so low. 

Jonathan was the worst. In all the ways. 

Unpopular opinion time. I like Chloe. Not that she wasn’t totally unprofessional getting into arguments at parties and the whole thing with Jade but I think she’s a ride or die bitch. She is going to be the same person to your face as she is behind your back. I feel like they decided to make Chloe the villain and staged/edited quite a bit there. I deep dived the instagrams and she comes across a lot different. 

Really unpopular opinion. I don’t think Jade is an innocent little lamb. The whole conversation with Savannah made me side eye her. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, TVForever said:

I'd love another season (I too just love NYC real estate), but I suspect this may be a "one and done". 

I wonder why.  It's not any worse than the Selling... reality shows, or the one with Mauricio.  

• Like 1

I've only watched 2 episodes of this but I'm a sucker for NY real estate so I'm all in. I've watched Ryan on Million Dollar Listing: NY for years and HATED him for the first few years but softened towards him after an episode where he was shown wandering around lower Manhattan after Super Storm Sandy with basically nowhere to go and no friends to reach out to. 

The thing I most dislike about this series so far is that no one they're featuring seems to be a "real" agent. I get the sense that a bunch of Instagrammers and TikTokers answered a Netflix casting call and maybe passed the licensing test by the skin of their teeth, if at all. I wouldn't trust any of them with my home. Not that any of them would be interested in selling my humble abode. 😊

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

The thing I most dislike about this series so far is that no one they're featuring seems to be a "real" agent.

None of them seem to know what they're doing.  The one young woman, who deals in commercial real estate, represented a seller with a building for $10M, a prospective buyer offered $7.5M, and the seller accepted.  No negotiation, no actual work.  What did she bring to the table?

On 7/16/2024 at 10:22 PM, retired watcher said:

Chloe leave your dog at home. The clients don't like it. Savannah don't wear jeans to an expensive listing. Jonathan just SHUT UP.

When she was letting her dog walk all over the kitchen counter at the office...😤 And who was watching the dog at the Jardim party??? Was she just letting her wander around unsupervised amongst 50 people? 

I am a dog owner/dog lover and dog owners like her infuriate me. 

On 7/11/2024 at 7:47 AM, oftentimes said:

Jonathan: I'm apologizing to you because Ryan told me to.    Is this guy for real?  Lol, in what world is that an apology?  He's so rude, and clueless at the same time. 

He is such a monumental douche. Narcissism, thy name is Jonathan. And I don't know why he was only made to "apologize" to Savannah, he and Jess talked shit about a lot of people. 

• Like 1

I really love this show. Yes, I know a lot of it is staged but I've always liked Ryan. This came along at the right time because I can't watch MDL LA because Tracy has made herself unwatchable so this fills the bill. Hopefully it comes back.

• Like 2

I was hoping Ryan would shitcan Jonathan in the office, forcing him to do the walk of shame to leave but Hudson Yards was just as satisfying. Especially because Jonathan mentioned that he was "making content" when Ryan arrived. 🙄 

If there is a second season, I hope the focus is on actual agents instead of the influencers. I'm betting that a lot of them don't have any interest in fawning in front of the camera for Netflix but I need less of the "reality tv" shenanigans. 

Cmon Netflix, make a show for boring old farts like me! 

• LOL 4
(edited)
On 7/7/2024 at 7:21 PM, GATenn said:

I would let Daddy Ryan read to me in a tent, and he’s a dozen years younger than me.

He looks great on this show. I think he's aging well. I love his silver hair. He's gotten better looking since MDL in my opinion. 

Jonathan is insufferable. Hard to believe he was a model as he isn't at all attractive to me, but maybe it's mostly his personality turning me off. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3

I’ve been watching and I have a suspicion about Jonathan. I think he does a lot cocaine. He was sniffing and scratching at his nose a bit too much while seemingly high strung. The arrogance was too much for me as well. 
I love the NYC listings, but I am always amazed at the prices they get there for real estate. Much too dear for my pocketbook. Still fun to look at and dream. 

• Like 1

I’m watching episode 4, and Ryan’s conversation with Tricia Lee where he’s talking to her about her working with a developer to sell the rest of the Brooklyn Tower. I had to rematch it to confirm, but the manicure that she has at the benning of the scene is completely different from the one at the end of the scene—even though she’s wearing the same outfit. 

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, hula-la said:

I’m watching episode 4, and Ryan’s conversation with Tricia Lee where he’s talking to her about her working with a developer to sell the rest of the Brooklyn Tower. I had to rematch it to confirm, but the manicure that she has at the benning of the scene is completely different from the one at the end of the scene—even though she’s wearing the same outfit. 

Ha!  I love finding continuity errors.  I look for them!  And I missed this one.  Thank you for pointing this out!

• Like 2