Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Taken

• Start Topic

A search-and-rescue mission turns into a race against time on Penang Island. A player receives enticing offers and the wrong choice could mean game over.

I'm not sure if I lowered my expectations after the first five episodes, but I enjoyed episodes 6-8 a lot more than I thought I would. Maybe the lack of a distracting shomance, better challenges, and being (slightly) more invested in the players helped.

• Like 2

Neesh eliminated.  I did not really suspect him.  I just never thought the real mole would have wanted to lead in the first episode.  Neesh only backed off when he realized the leader would be eliminated if they lost.  The mole would have known this and stayed in the background.

Ryan really wasted time on those phone calls.  She stalled till the 15 seconds were up.  Then she said statue and really got them confused,  

I guess we find out if Hannah really is all about the money now.  She has a guaranteed $20,000 or a slight chance at an exemption. Why would you risk it?

Suspect Ranking:

Ryan

Muna

Hannah

Deanna (Dark Horse)

Michael

Sean

Ryan has been on my radar since the waiter mission and if you think back to the treasure mission she knew exactly where the sunken ship was. Next two are either the mole or really want to win. Deanna would be the sneakiest mole thus the dark horse. It’s not the guys.

• LOL 1

Do you think players who aren't the mole pull a Sean and do something to sabotage things as a strategy to get people to think they are the mole, or are they just stupid? Sean said in a talking head he was purposely trying to get people to think he was the mole. But Michael cut the wrong color wire (with a lame excuse why) and when he found the key he was so slow to get moving. Ryan wasted time on the phone calls and said the wrong appetizer. I feel like there are red herrings everywhere. 

6 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Do you think players who aren't the mole pull a Sean and do something to sabotage things as a strategy to get people to think they are the mole, or are they just stupid?

They absolutely do.

(edited)

Oh well.   My footing was slipping off the Neesh train anyway.   I was just holding on because I'm stubborn.   LOL.    I'm all in on Ryan at this point.    Not only was she giving misleading information to her rescuers, she's so damn quiet when the group is having conversations (at least it's edited that way).   It's like she doesn't want to give anything away.

I will say I feel like Hannah is going to stick with the money even with the fake out.   If she's on the Ryan train, then I'm confident she'll want to add money to the pot.    I'm guessing too the Mole saying the Exemption is in #4 means that the Game Over is in #4.   Though she could gamble and pick a different number.

So who do I think will be eliminated and not make the final 4.

I'm going with the M's actually....Michael and Muna.   But I'll probably be wrong.   Two more days till the reveal.

Also it's interesting they didn't do the whole "Vote" thing for who viewers think is the Mole like they did last season...unless they are saving it for after Episode 9.

ETA...if the Mole winds up being Hannah, I'm gonna laugh so hard.  

Edited by Meedis
4 hours ago, violet and green said:

I am really hoping Deanna is the mole, and she takes all the money. What's left of what was squandered.

She can't get both.  She can either be The Mole or win the money at the end. The Mole is basically hired and paid by production for trying to sabotage the game.  There's no mechanism for them to win in the end and if there were, they wouldn't have a motive to do their job well. 

On 7/8/2024 at 8:34 AM, Skyfall said:

Suspect Ranking:

Ryan

Muna

Hannah

Deanna (Dark Horse)

Michael

Sean

Ryan has been on my radar since the waiter mission and if you think back to the treasure mission she knew exactly where the sunken ship was. Next two are either the mole or really want to win. Deanna would be the sneakiest mole thus the dark horse. It’s not the guys.

Spoiler

Welp after episode 9 this was definitely wrong...

• Mind Blown 1
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

She can't get both.  She can either be The Mole or win the money at the end. The Mole is basically hired and paid by production for trying to sabotage the game.  There's no mechanism for them to win in the end and if there were, they wouldn't have a motive to do their job well. 

Thanks! No memory of how it worked in the previous season.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Skyfall said:
  Hide contents

Welp after episode 9 this was definitely wrong...

Mind blown!  🤯  Loving this game...keeps ya guessing till the end.

Edited by Meedis
On 7/7/2024 at 4:57 AM, LakeGal said:

Ryan really wasted time on those phone calls.  She stalled till the 15 seconds were up.  Then she said statue and really got them confused,  

But then Sean said statue about a bajillion times to the search team, and not once did he repeat Big Ben statue. "Do you guys see any statues. Don't forget about the statues. It can't be this place, there aren't any statues." He is climbing my suspect list, because he kept pushing that narrative and then when there wasn't a statue he can blame it on Ryan for saying Big Ben statue in the first place.

• Like 2
On 7/8/2024 at 8:34 AM, Skyfall said:

Suspect Ranking:

Ryan

Muna

Hannah

Deanna (Dark Horse)

Michael

Sean

That's so funny, both of the guys are way, way up there for me! Ryan, Sean, Michael are "Absolutely Could Be the Mole" territory for me, and Hannah, Muna, and Deanna all seem so earnest and eager to me! I suppose Hannah and Muna could both just be really good actors, but they seem like they're sincerely enthusiastic about contributing to the success of the team, and Deanna seems to be deeply invested in solving aaaaall of the mysteries. The dudes + Ryan all have big black marks by their names for me from specific, super suspicious things they did. 

Gah, I love this show so much! It was one of the first reality shows I ever watched back in the Anderson Cooper days, and I was over the moon excited when Netflix resurrected it! I have dreamed about being a contestant ever since the first season; maybe I'll submit an application for the next one? :D