Type keyword(s) to search

S06.LIVE CHAT All Episodes

• Start Topic

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I never buy new any more. Its all Thriftbooks or little free libraries or Savers. And now 3 out of 5 go right back out once I've read them. I love books but I don't make a religion out of them. 

I get books on my Kindle for $1.99 (Bookbub), but the local library will get you the books you want to read from area libraries if they don’t have it on the shelves. I love libraries and librarians.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I get books on my Kindle for $1.99 (Bookbub), but the local library will get you the books you want to read from area libraries if they don’t have it on the shelves. I love libraries and librarians.

Libraries are the best! I can borrow free e books without even leaving my home.

• Love 6
Just now, Bees52 said:

For some reason, I think James just doesn't want a kid with Tatta. Not because of the state of the world today, or any other  reason he admits to.

He's a coward. And he's afraid that if he and Tata have a kid, she won't pay enough attention to him. He doesn't want any competition. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I love the hour format. Now I can concentrate on less important things, like putting the towels in the dryer and getting things ready for tomorrow. Have to leave the house early and need to make it as easy as possible because my brain doesn’t really like to work before 10AM. Have a good week, everyone. Au revoir.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 3

@sainte-chapelle Katherine by Anya Seton (based on the life of Katherine Swynford, third wife of John of Gaunt and the ancestress of the Tudor line) is a seminal book by which contemporary authors measure themselves. Alison Weir, for example. Brilliantly researched and uses primary sources. Philippa Gregory’s books are amusing but very very very loosely based on history.

• Thanks 1

@sainte-chapelleyears ago I read a book called "Child from the Sea" by Elizabeth Goudge, and I liked it a lot. About Lucy Walter, who was reportedly Charles II secret wife. And there's "Restoration" by Rose Tremain, more Stuart-y goodness. 

I recently read "Hamnet" by Maggie O'Farrell and enjoyed it. Not my usual jam but it was good. 

Good night, my lovely peeps! Have a wonderful week, don't run off and get married or anything. See some of you Friday for Fun with Felons! Love you all bunches!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Yay, this week's ep is so done-zo. Kinda tired of seeing Tatta cry, and Corona's jaw drop, again, at everyone in Iceland speaking Icelandic. I'm running off to watch folks bake weird looking, but probably yummy confections, for Halloween on Food Network.

Have a good week, and see you next time! ☮️❤️

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Didn't watch last night, but read comments next morning. All I got was a lot of book recommendations. Must have been a bad episode. Will prob skip. Thanks guys.

ETA- I totally forgot Corona is on this one.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 3